make them notice (marvel or dc roleplay. up to you)

ever since I was a kid I always wanted to go on a date with a super hero. Many others including my parents would tease or make fun of me for my dream leaving me alone with just my comics and only a few friends. One day after I turned 18 I found out she-hulk (if you choose dc then it's super girl) was signing comics so I quickly made my way there with a few of mine. I started trembling softly as I moved closer and closer to the signing booth. I finally made it to the front with sweat on my brow and shaky hands.

Me: "h-hello mrs she-hulk."

she had a look of slight tiredness in her eyes but she still smiles up at me

She-hulk: "why, hello young man. Do you have any comics you would like me to sign?"

I slowly nod placing the comics in her hand

"A-also I was wondering....umm... If you could.... Go on one date with me..."

I hadn't noticed that she was zoned out as she signed the comics

She-hulk: "mhm.... Sure"

Me: "g-great! I-ill pay for everything... M-meet me at the carnival t-tonight at 8"

she nods as she zones back in and hands me my comics smiling

She-hulk: "Have a nice day."

I smile brightly and run off unaware of the people snickering and chuckling in line. That night was in a nice over shirt and blue jeans with a couple roses in my hand. I waited till 10 when a group of boys walk towards me with a camera laughing as they record

Boy: "awww look at this fellas. The guys date didnt show up. You should've know it was too good to be true man. No hero will ever pay attention to you because you aren't worth the time of day."

tears were running down my cheeks as I drop the roses sniffling

"They will pay attention to me..."

my hand lights with flame and the boys jump away

Boy: "holy crap! He's a freaking mutant (or meta human)!!"

I blast my flame at the camera melting it in the boys hand causing him to scream. I am both terrified but also filled with anger. I want people to notice me, heroes to see me and actually care more than they do the rest of the populace. One way or another that will happen, I swear it

Nina was walking around the carnival when she witnessed flames being thrown around. She let her hand wander to her mouth and cover it in silent surprise, ducking behind a wall. Truth was, she was a superhero, but she had been too exhausted to do anything else. But she had to do something about this, so she slowly came out as the fire ceased. " um, excuse me? Is anyone here?" She looked around hastily, walking closer to where the fire was. She saw a shadow standing with flames in his hands. Allowing her pupils to turn into slits, she used the night vision provided and looked at him closer. He looked...broken. And angry. Two other boys stood in front of him, screaming loudly. Sighing, Nina slowly walked closer, unseen.

Back