Okay, I'm still interested, but I won't be able to read this and prepare an idea until after my final's done tomorrow.

animeboy2.jpg

if i never returned?
❚"Life doesn't truly begin until you start taking chances."❚
And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

/NAME
Belial
/AGE
/GENDER
Male
/ROLE
Rook

/APPEARANCE
Physical appearance:
Standing only at an average height of roughly 5 foot 9 inches, and weighing around 170 pounds, he isn’t very large, but more than makes up for it with stealth and stamina. An American citizen born and raised, he is of a Celtic descent, his ancestors tracing their origins to Western Europe, specifically the Celtic Gaul - along with some Roman and Irish influence over the course of his family tree. Fighting is in his blood, which boils hot. But you wouldn’t know to look at him. He appears as nothing more than a boy, with milk-white skin, and defined musculature. His hair is light blonde, and almost appears white, while his eyes are a dark shade of green. While he has lost the use of his left eye, it hasn’t done much to inhibit him considering he has more than made up for it with his acute sense of hearing. One thing to note is he has considerable strength and is ambidextrous. And while his skin would otherwise be a picture of perfection, he bears many visible scars that mar his body. Very few are also aware that he has a handful of tattoos that are normally kept covered; various references to honor, country, and some of the other values he had once held dear.
Clothing and accessories:
Even for a former SEAL, Belial is a bit extreme in terms of protecting himself. Extreme in the sense that he doesn’t. He rarely wears a shirt, even when the weather would recommend otherwise, and the only reason he wears leather gloves that act more as sleeves than anything is to cover up the story his skin tells beneath. With matching black jeans that conform loosely to his form, an eye patch conceals his left eye and practically no one has a clue what is going on underneath that. Aside from the various trinkets on his person that seem to bear one meaning or another from his past life, one thing of note is the rosary shaped key hanging around his neck which he has often been seen clutching. Normally he wears a pair of standard-issue Navy boots but is in desperate need of a new pair.

/PERSONALITY
General:
Belial is a bit queer due to the fact that he doesn’t say very much and tends to leave everything on the battlefield. If anything conveys what he is thinking, it is his eye which is the true window to his soul. The man could sit for hours in the same spot without saying anything, his gaze fixed on the same point in space. Occasionally, he will grimace, groan, mumble, or even crack a bit of sarcastic banter, but for the most part, he really shines in a fight. He is reckless and doesn’t put much stock into strategy (not to say he doesn’t understand the merits). If there is anything that defines him better it is that he craves a proper opponent and a warrior’s death, but isn’t willing to simply roll over without giving it his all.
  • "I'm just ready for the sword daring enough to try and take my life. Not sure such a thing even exists."
  • "Always reminded of how fragile a life is, and how much I enjoy taking it."
Dislikes:
  • "If I wanted someone around, I would have asked."
  • "Please, spare me your sympathies."
  • "The heart is a fickle thing, and the one organ I could do without."
  • "I'll kill every last one of those damned manikins; starting at the top."
Hobbies:
  • "I'd tell you how many men I killed, but I lost count."
Strengths:
  • "Even the God of War Ares has nothing on me."
Weaknesses:
  • "I'll march to the beat of my own drum, thank you."
  • "Being right or wrong isn't a fact, it is an opinion, one we are unlikely to agree upon."
Fears:
  • "I won't lose anyone again."
Other quirks:

/HISTORY
Very little is spoken about the man’s past, which is more a force of habit than anything due to the nature of what he did before the world went to hell in a handbasket. Growing up, he learned never to settle into one place for too long; and by the time he was old enough to enlist, he’d lived in so many states that he’d nearly lost track. Much like the Spartans, he was born to fight, and in-between being homeschooled he divided up his time among his various interests. Whether it be fighting, firing a gun, or handling a blade, he could be proficient in just about any situation or environment for that matter. But his desire to serve lead him to enlist in the Navy, and by the time he was twenty he was an active member of SEAL Team 10, based out of Little Creek, Virginia (although a majority of his time was spent deployed in the Middle East). There were many things he had seen and done that he wasn’t permitted to talk about, and although the country he spilled blood for has been more or less dissolved, he has chosen to stay mum in light of not being overly proud of his accomplishments.

Rumors are that he was ruthless, which is how he earned the nickname Belial, which means devil. Wives, children, he didn’t discriminate when it came time to get the job done, and many arguments have been made about whether he even has a soul. When the virus broke out, he went AWOL and made his way to Boston, towards what remaining family he had left. Not much is known about what transpired that night, but there was only devastation left in the wake of this man’s footsteps. The Manikin stronghold that lay claim to his hometown had been slaughtered, and it is told he did it all himself without firing a single shot. Although much of the details of his past have been silenced, he has had a death wish ever since and was an early recruit into The Checkered.

/WEAPON
It isn’t completely unheard of that he uses a gun, but it isn’t quite his style. The main weapon he uses in battle is a claymore that just about reaches his stomach when sitting on level ground. Extremely heavy and requiring both hands, the blade isn’t very ordinary. Crafted from some of the finest American steel, the blade itself is completely functional as both a sword as well as a chainsaw. Alternatively, he will occasionally dual-wield a set of swords that have 12-gauge shotgun barrels cast into the hilt, each with a capacity for two shells (with enough power to quite literally blow a hole in someone’s face).
/FIGHTING STYLE
He gets a thrill from bloodlust, with the desire for all his kills to be up close and personal. While he is more than proficient in firearms and most other forms of combat, he has always found a blade a more intimate way to end someone. A part of him even enjoys watching someone squirm on the end of his sword. Normally he approaches most situations without any sort of strategic plan in mind, rushing in aimlessly with only one thing on his mind...
/RELATIONSHIPS
For the most part, Belial has little respect for his allies and prefers to go it alone. He potentially feels something for Aman, but these feelings, if they exist at all, have not been publically or privately expressed to anyone.
/THEME SONG
Paranoid Android by Radiohead

Please could you stop the noise
I'm trying to get some rest
From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
What's that?
What's that?

When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all
What's that?
What's that?

Ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Kicking, squealing Gucci little piggy
You don't remember
You don't remember
Why don't you remember my name?
Off with his head, man
Off with his head, man
Why don't you remember my name?
I guess he does

Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height, height
Rain down, rain down
Come on, rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height
Rain down, rain down (that's it, sir, you're leaving, the crackle of pigskin)
Come on rain down on me (the dust and the screaming, the yuppies networking)
From a great height (the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit)
God loves his children
God loves his children, yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes...Imma need a bit of time to make a character sheet, but I should be able to make one. Latest I should have it up should be tomorrow

Mudkip is presently tied up, but she will be free later today as far as I know. :) I'm sure your spot is safe. Meanwhile, make sure to start crafting characters. I know I'm working on mine.

Yeah I hope to craft the basics before the day is over. Already have the bio and bits of the appearance up. :)

Reactions: Nyx
It is okay! Hope to have my done soon too. :) Don't rush perfection!

~M

Alright, I've finally been approved.
Time to spend countless years creating a character.
Reserve the Hearts for me, please!

Last edited by a moderator:
My character is done. Expect an expansion on some of the categories under personality once this begins to progress into the role-play. Doesn't much matter considering my character doesn't plan on being that close to the other members of STRINGS (at least initially).

Thanks.

~M

My character is done. Expect an expansion on some of the categories under personality once this begins to progress into the role-play. Doesn't much matter considering my character doesn't plan on being that close to the other members of STRINGS (at least initially).

Thanks.

~M
Thank you!

Hello everyone! As you can see I have changed the background story of how the virus came to be. I will be changing the character descriptions in a few days, but for now keep working with what you have, as the core aspects of your character will not change, but be boiled down to a simple statement.

Hibari-Kyoya-3-katekyo-hitman-reborn-35390682-500-390.png

if i never returned?
❚Don't be afraid, for it's only the eyes of the world looking into the eyes of an insignificant toy.❚
They tell me I'm insane, but they don't know the horrors that I've seen.

/Kry Valen Volkov
/Twenty-four, October 13th
/Cis Male
/The Diamond

/APPEARANCE
Physical Appearance: Kry stands at a rather tall height of 6'6", weighing around 200 lbs. He has a lean and muscular physique. He is altogether a mix of European decent, hailing originally from Russia. His skin is quite pale, easily irritated by the sun's harmful rays. He has a myriad of scars, some self-inflicted, some created by others. The scars litter his arms and legs and abdominal area, with a couple across his neck and back. His jet black hair is always shaggy and unkempt, and its length is layered, the longest strands falling slightly below his chin. Kry has heterochromia, therefore his right eye is a bright blue while the other is a golden brown. It's his most prominent and unique feature.
Clothing & Accessories: Kry is typically seen wearing a long-sleeved, pitch black thermal. He wears grayish black jeans, along with regular black shoes (Vans-esque). He doesn't have a huge assortment of clothing, because fashion simply isn't his interest. However, he does have three piercings worn on each ear. They are fairly simple and silver in color.

/PERSONALITY
General: Kry is a sadist. He enjoys inflicting pain on others, and enjoys being in pain himself in the physical sense. He does not indulge in pain for sexual pleasure in the slightest. In fact, one could say he is asexual. He is very much disinterested in sexual relations, and somewhat repulsed by it. Many say he is rather insane and crazy or "looney", as of the words spoken about him behind his back. This isn't to say they're necessarily wrong, but they speak cruel words without knowing his past. Kry enjoys talking to himself, especially with the figurines and dolls he's collected over the years. He sees them as his only friends and as his true friends; nobody else really matters. He will also sometimes talk to other completely random inanimate objects. He is also a powerful manipulator, and he can be quite the charmer. However, behind his seemingly careless and sadistic nature, there is a boy crying for help and attention. He craves intimacy with another even if he will not admit it. He won't admit it to himself either. Either way, he's far from normal.
- Flowers (specifically orchids)
- Cats
- The color red
- Music
- Doing the wrong things
Dislikes:
- People
- Dogs
- His abusers
- Doing the right things
Hobbies:
- Painting
- Piano
- Wood Carving
Strengths:
- Manipulation
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
- Swordsmanship
- Not hesitant to kill
Weaknesses:
- Handling Guns
- Not very trusting or trustful
- Strategizing
- Children
Fears:
- Water
- Closed spaces
- Needles
Other Quirks:
- Odd & Eccentric Beliefs
- Eccentric in general

/HISTORY
Trigger Warning: CSA (childhood sexual abuse) & generalized child maltreatment. I put this in a spoiler due to its contents.

Kry was born the middle child, with four siblings; two brothers and two sisters. His parents were alcoholics and drug addicts, and both were awfully abusive. His siblings and himself went through organized abuse; meaning his parents were receiving money from his abusers in order to abuse him sexually, along with his other siblings. The sexual abuse started when he was only four-years-old, when his parents could no longer afford their addictions. Everyday was a struggle, a battle to keep his head on straight. He did not know what would come next, when things would get worse, or what horrors were to come. The abuse progressively worsened and he thought for sure he would be dead by the end of it.

Kry adored his siblings. They meant the world to him and they were truly the only light in his dark and bleak world. His older twin sisters were the strong ones. They were older than him by about five years. His two younger brothers: one was younger by a year and the other by three years.

Youngest brother: Alexander
Second youngest: Boris
Middle: Kry
Older twin sisters: Anna & Dina

The five Volkov siblings endured through years of abuse, until they were finally taken away when Kry was at the age of thirteen. To this day, he still remembers his mother sobbing uncontrollably, screaming for the people who took them to give them back. And he's still not sure why she cried, why she was so hysterical. He assumed it was due to them basically taking away her money to further her addiction; not only that, but because she was to be sent to prison. It was only thanks to Anna and Dina that they were saved in the first place. Kry felt he was forever in their debt.

The three other siblings (Kry included) were sent into foster care. His twin sisters had wanted to adopt them, but they were much too young and could barely support themselves. With that, the three were stuck jumping from foster home to foster home. No family wanted to deal with them. They were angry and violent and could barely contain their emotions - and having been separated didn't help. Kry was by far the worst to deal with. He would end up harming small animals and his self-harm worsened overtime. A suicide attempt at fourteen landed him in an institute for about a year. He almost turned to drugs once he was out, but thought better of it and continued with his rampant and unpredictable behavior. However, something else caught his eye. He found a doll lying in the street when he ran away from his foster home. It was beautifully crafted.

From that moment on, he continued to collect dolls, and throughout the years he learned how to carve dolls. He also had a natural act for painting and playing the piano.

It wasn't until Kry was twenty-three that he had his first taste of murder against that of a human being. It was a man who he had caught sexually assaulting a young girl, and that made his blood boil with rage. He followed the man for one week before making his move; striking him down with a kitchen knife. He left Europe after that; fled to the United States. Not long after that the virus took its toll on the world, and Kry was more or less excited.

Whatever happened to the previous holder of the title "Diamond" is still a total mystery.

/WEAPON
Twin daggers, throwing knives, and a delicately crafted katana - and/or anything he can get his hands on.

/FIGHTING STYLE
Kry is hardly a strategist. If he finds himself in the midst of any battle, he goes with the flow.

/RELATIONSHIPS
Kry has no decent relationship with anybody. He is a simple acquaintance to the rest of the Suits, although most do not like him.

/THEME SONG
"Tag, You're It" by Melanie Martinez

Looking at me through your window
Boy, you had your eye out for a little
"I'll cut you up and make you dinner
You've reached the end, you are the winner"
Rolling down your tinted window
Driving next to me real slow, he said
"Let me take you for a joyride
I've got some candy for you inside"
Running through the parking lot
He chased me and he wouldn't stop
Tag, you're it, tag, tag, you're it
Grabbed my hand, pushed me down
Took the words right out my mouth
Can anybody hear me? I'm hidden under ground
Can anybody hear me? Am I talking to myself?
Saying, "tag, you're it, tag, tag, you're it"
He's saying, "tag, you're it, tag, tag, you're it"
Little bit of poison in me
I can taste your skin in my teeth
"I love it when I hear you breathing
I hope to God you're never leaving"
Can anybody hear me? I'm hidden under ground
Can anybody hear me? Am I talking to myself?
Saying, "tag, you're it, tag, tag, you're it"
He's saying, "tag, you're it, tag, tag, you're it"
Eenie meenie miny mo
Get your lady by her toes
If she screams, don't let her go
Eenie meenie miny mo
Your mother said to pick the very best girl
And I am
Tag, you're it, tag, you're it

c8fbc280e8b9068bb514e1edb2b06868.jpg

Last edited:
Double post action - - -

I think I'm pretty much done. I'll add more to his likes/dislikes/whatever as it comes to mind. I just literally can't think rn. lol

EDIT: I'll also add to his style of fighting.

Double post action - - -

I think I'm pretty much done. I'll add more to his likes/dislikes/whatever as it comes to mind. I just literally can't think rn. lol

EDIT: I'll also add to his style of fighting.
Hey, his picture isn't showing up on my end. Is there any way you can find it on another hosting site, and upload it from there? Otherwise great job!

Back