Masks of the Gods

Two masks. One of Light and one of Dark.
It is not known where these ancient masks originated, or what caused them to be created.
All that is known is their power.
The power to shape a world.
The power to destroy a world.
The power to become god.
Because of this power, the two masks were broken apart, separated into many different masks and scattered across the land of Concelia. The masks of Light and Dark now exist as 24 different masks.
If all pieces of each mask are gathered, perhaps the masks could be restored to their original form…
But if the masks were restored, whose hands would such great power end up in? Who is worthy of becoming god?
Only time will tell…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aerick Eillon took a deep breath as he finished reading the Legend of the 24 Masks. He looked up at his audience of heroes to see that all but three of them had left. His heart sank a bit since there were so many of them when he had started.

Aerick had posted flyers of an epic quest he needed allies for all over town. The flyers all told of a meeting he would be holding to discuss the quest and the rewards they would be searching for. However, the flyers did not mention that he would be questing for items that no one knew even existed. Once the heroes who had gathered in the meeting hall heard the legend, they left immediately, not wanting to quest on a wild goose chase.

However, three heroes remained to listen to the legend. Aerick gave them a hopeful smile. "I knew someone would stay...I just knew it." Aerick said, half to himself. "We are going on an adventure to find these fabled masks! I have a faint clue of where one of them may be, but I cannot go on this quest alone!" He said in a more powerful voice. "That is why I have summoned you here! I ask of you to accompany me on this quest and fight alongside me and each other!" He looked at each of the three individually. "If you still wish to back out, your chance is now! If you have questions in need of answers, ask them now!" He finished, his spirit restored.

Cossack popped his neck. The chain mail acting like a facial veil. The metal cross bow and metal flail his chosen weapons for the adventure. For so long he'd craved for a way to get out and explore the world. So he'd seized the chance.

Of course now he was looking like an idiot trying to embark upon this seemingly wild and random quest that was seemingly a fairy tale. However he was already here might as well go along with it at this point. He'd come this far might as well keep going.

" All right let's do this. We're wasting day light trying to get amped up to make this seem like a better and better idea. So where to first ? Unless you don't know. Which will disadvantage us quite a bit."

He waited for a response by checking his equipment.

" When do we set off?"

The young hero thought for a moment, then said, "Well, if anyone needs to stock up then we should go to the shops first. After that, we set off to the Vesper Caves." Aerick replied to Cossack as he pointed to the location on the map behind him. The Vesper Caves were relatively close by, but it was still quite far.

Aerick knew this was a risky place to start, considering the monsters in the cave, but there was nowhere else to go. One of the masks had to be in there, he thought. What worried him was if he was going to be able to find out where the other masks are.

"Any more questions?" Aerick asked, looking at the other two.

Svetlana sighed heavily. Great, this so called great adventure was going to be a wild goose chase for more "super mystical" and "unstoppable power" items. She's heard so many variations of the same story, and this was another such variation. However, she was bored, and she figured that maybe this idiot would bring her somewhere were she could kill some stuff, if not well, she'd just battle the three tagging along. Until then, she said nothing, simply dusting off her leather armor and checking over her two weapons, a dagger and a rather large flail.

Back