Meaning Of Life. Yes. Again.

Mira Volkova

Onion Knight
I'll do my best to be as interesting as possible because this topic is so overly-saturated that I'm sure everyone's sick of it. To ease you up I'm not here to tell you that you'll realise "When the time comes.." In fact, to avoid making you feel misled, I'm not here to give you the answer to "What's the meaning of Life," but only to share a perspective.

Honestly, everyone can answer this question yet it's entirely subjective. The way I answer myself is by looking at a Rubik's Cube. It starts all shuffled, colours just about everywhere. But that six-sided masterpiece has six centres which have their own, unmovable colours that never move. Every centre represents a different aspect of your life; be it love, knowledge, emotions in general, interests maybe. As I said, it's subjective.
Most likely you end up being unsure how to solve the entire thing. But after being shown a couple algorithms to how this fuckfest works, you eventually figure out the first colour.
No drum rolls? No applause? Even after working so hard?
Really, you've nothing else to do so... Why not finish the rest. You pick another centre, already confident with yourself, you know a couple algorithms, it should be like bread and butter. You move this row, then that row, so on and so on until you see a colour, whose place isn't here.
Your initial colour is fucked up and you panic so you put it back but then your second colour is shuffled and then you panic even more.
Yooooooooooooooooooooo.
Yeah, you eventually calm down. You feel like solving the cube will take you a lifetime. Those "algorithms" you thought were of great use are nothing compared to the ones you've got yet to learn. Anyway, since you're calm now you realise that the key to solving the cube is to balance everything out. You will need practice, definitely, but When the time comes, you'll turn the last row and solve the cube, once and for all.

Fuck yes it was worth it.

I'm pretty sure you've made it out by now that the cube is your life and that the first solved colour is like the tutorial or whatever, but in the end, all I want to say is that it takes practice and experience to solve it, and that's my way of seeing it. There are probably plenty of ways to see it but that one seemed pretty creative to me.

So how do you see it? :>
Mira

The meaning of life is what you make of it, and little more.

I suppose to put it in a scientific sort of poetry: All that which is, was once within the womb of a star, that died giving birth to the rest of the universe. The components that comprise a human body are common biochemical reactions throughout nature and elements that can be found in damn near anything--carbon, for instance. We are composites of trillions upon trillions of cells, that die by the millions every moment you breath and every thought you have.

In essence: You are an ever changing part of the universe, trying to understand itself in all of its wonder and splendor. A singular cell in a greater organism that, for the briefest of moments, wonders about its function and why it is there. To stretch out and touch the universe, not to hide in the dark. You live to experience love, and loss, and laughter--pain, and gain.

You live to be alive, not to merely exist.

Everything else is a matter of perspective.

• There's kind of no meaning of life, which in itself is a beautiful thing. It means that you can do whatever you want. You can worship a god, try to become famous, just focus on your hobbies, take care of your family, etc. Whatever you want to do. But do what you want, m'kay?

During Science a few months ago, my friend---my classmate suggested that if you couldn't (or wouldn't) have kids, then you were just a waste of space. She kept on saying that the whole point of living was to reproduce, and I found myself arguing with her. Of course, she was busy yelling that across the class to actually hear me. I don't think she is right because if people were just supposed to have kids, wouldn't they get killed off eventually or something? I mean, if nobody had kids, the human race would obviously die off and become extinct, but is the meaning of life really just to reproduce? That seems kind of, painful if you ask me.

So, I really don't think the meaning of life is to have children. More, I think it is to just be alive and do things worth living for.

Hmmm, the meaning of life in my eyes? I'd have to say. . . .protecting and cheering on the main character of your life, you. I see the world as a big movie for everyone but each is a little different because they're all their own main character! Support the main character with all your might! You're the good guy of your life movie, don't make your movie suck!

Well, I would say this is a complicated and very interesting topic, but I will try and summarize how I feel on the matter. So, I tend to believe on this matter that everything is sorta equal in terms of how bad and good life is (as this is a question that gets brought up a ton). See I sorta relate to a Taoist (Daoist) way of thinking, everything is equal between two extremes and all the little percents of both. Life is horrible in some ways, suffering, abuse, destruction (in a bad context), however, life has good parts too, like love (this is sometimes bad though, so complicated one this one is, but in a good context), happiness, and other such things. The only way to make life good or bad for you is to give more power to which side you want. If you think all the suffering of the world is so horrible and bad (which it is, but), don't let it control you, don't let it ruin the good parts of life too. This is my philosophy on the meaning of life and life generally in a how you feel on the matter. However, of course, a good deal of people believe that there is a religious meaning to life too. To this I say, really, there is no way of knowing. No matter how much someone claims God(s) exist, they have no way of proving it, but however hard an atheist says its been proven God(s) don't exist, it hasn't. I would carry on with this side of "The Meaning of Life", I'm not because in some ways it's a whole different topic. Thanks for reading my opinion on the matter.

hmmm a difficult subject indeed and quite saturated.
in short i would say based of what i have seen and learned about the world so far.

There is no meaning of life.
There is meaning in life.
Life Is.
Nothing more, nothing less.
It's just a word for a process of symbiotic coexistence in a process of evolution.

Beyond this is just up to each person to find a meaning in their life. And even if one does not it's very likely one has at some point or will at some point be part of the meaning of someone else's.

The meaning of life is to secure as many interesting stories as possible through your interactions with the world and others.

Probabilistically, I don't think that there is a meaning to life, however, that's not a bad thing, freedom is a wonderful gift.

Meaning of our lives? I think that we are all a part of a bigger plan. Our purpose is to contribute to this big plan with our tinier, but helpful actions. I don't know what this bigger plan might be but I hope that everything we've done will pay off in the end.

I don't think the meaning of life is one concrete thing. Rather, it's something that we choose. Some have found it, other's are still looking, and some are constantly changing theirs. Neither of these things are wrong, and it's all perfectly okay because everyone's journey through life is different.
For me, it's to live my life as happy as I can be and do my best to spread positivity. Maybe this will change in the future, but for now this is what I have.

I'll begin by saying that I don't know what the meaning of life is or if there actually even exists such thing as meaning to life. Maybe the whole concept of meaning to a meaningles life was created by us, organisms that for a variety of reason developed brain functions that made them fear death, stagnancy and the possibility of a pointless life. The meaning of life can be the simple urge and mission to carry on our species's survival through our offsprings.

However the meaning of life may be the legacy certain people leave to the world. If someone influenced a generation, an age or even more you can point and say "that was the meaning to their life". But what about the rest, does the lack of making a difference in a vast and expansive world rid life of meaning?.

Well, for me life can't have a definitive meaning since it's completely different to each person. What makes you get up in the morning, keeps you going through the day. That is the meaning to your life. It might be something great like making a scientific discovery, or something small like setting up a birthday party. We give out own meaning to life. The various meanings of life are all the big and small actions we take, those that give our life, well...meaning. however, that's just my take on the subject, and if I wasn't flawed I wouldn't be human, so there's a good possibility that every word I uttered here was complete nonsense XD

Last edited:
Back