Midnight Sun

Mai_able

Forest Faerie
Artem is a kitsune (fox demon), warrior princess, after telling the guards that she was forcefully taking over patrols she stumbles over YC. YC can be human or whatever creature but not from her world. After she discovers you passed out she decides not to kill you for trespassing and take you to the castle. The story starts there and continues.

45273360.jpg

Name: Princess Artem Fiori Mikhailov
Race: Kitsune
Personality: Stubborn, Blunt, Strong-minded, Tomboyish, Cunning, Fast-talking, Authoritarian, Violent, Impolite, Indecisive, Like's to hide feelings, Hates feeling inferior
Appearance: White hair and fox-like ears, slim but strong build, light silver-blue eyes, whitetail,
Granblue_anime_Granblue_Fantasy_Socie_Granblue_Fantasy-1187763.jpg!d

Artem was patrolling the borders, she had forced the guards her father stationed to leave their post duties to her. Her father kept underestimating her, her elder brother's kept trying to undermine her strength and authority. Being the only girl in the family was rather a pain. She was the youngest and the only lady of the family now that her mother was gone. She patrolled the area thoroughly before she sensed a change in the area.

Her ears twitched before she bolted off in the direction of it, there was no possible way an intruder could've passed the border. They had a protective barrier in place, and from what she felt it hadn't broken yet. Artem slowed as she got closer to the area, the sense that something had changed growing stronger. Jumping high into a tree she peered down at the ground where the feeling rose the strongest. That was when she noticed a figure lying on the ground, she drew her sword immediately and jumped down almost silently. Stalking like a predator ready to attack she approached the still figure. Her silver eyes glowed in the moonlight, they seemed almost fluorescent.

As Artem crouched ready to strike the figure she noticed it was a person, they obviously weren't one of her kind, but they were clearly around her age. It was part of her duty to kill intruders without falter but they were also defenseless. That was honorable and she would never dishonor her name with such an act. Lowering her sword she examined the person, sniffing the air around them she noted the person wasn't any other the netherworld creatures she had encountered before. They smelled sweet and earthy, it was a rather intoxicating smell. Under any other circumstances, she would have killed without hesitation, but this strange person being here asleep may have been a sign from the goddess herself. Deciding she would wait until they woke and then question him she sat against a nearby tree to watch him before she drifted off into a light sleep.

Name: Somil Ren
Race: Human
Personality: Trusting, Patient, Loving, Curious, and Respectful (will take charge if he needs to but is pretty laid back)
Appearance: a bit lanky, light yellow eyes, red long-ish hair,

3fec036476d0896f7a4adf8610f3bd0a.jpg

The last thing Somil remember was that he was being chased by some kind of creature when he smacked into some sort of wall, and then he blacked out.
Slowly waking up he wiggled his fingers to make sure he still had them and when he felt that he had all ten, he moved to the other parts of his body. His arms, legs, feet, and most importantly his head. Relieved he had his whole body he sat up, and a big wave of pain ran through the back of his head.
"That doesn't feel go-" he started to say but he saw a woman about his age sleeping on a tree. All the air rushed out of his lungs when he saw the fox-like ears on her head and tail that occasionally twitched as she slept.
What is that? He thought stepping a little closer to them, Are they..real?
He couldn't help but hesitate when he reached out to touch the ears on her head to see if they're real like the sleeping woman in front of him. Will she bite me? I hope not..if she is real and she does wake up..is she going to kill me?
The thought of being eaten by this woman terrified Somil but he couldn't back away now, he leand forward and felt a little bit of fox ear and he froze, "It's so soft.." he muttered before sitting down to study her.

Artem's ears twitched as she heard movement, still rousing herself from sleep she had yet to move other than the occasional twitch of her ear and tail as she breathed. When she felt someone touch her ears her eyes flew open as he spoke. Glancing at him she narrowed her eyes. She turned her head and pulled out her sword facing him. "How dare you touch me, trespasser." Her words came out followed by a low growl as her ears lowered against her head and she held the sword by his neck. As she glared and snarled at him she overlooked him. His clothing was unusual, he looked weak. Pushing herself off the ground she stood in front of him pointing her sword at his neck, "How did you get here?" Her tail flicked back and forth as she spoke, "Stand up and fight me." She rose her chin to look down at him and reached over her shoulder to pull out another sword and toss it to the boy. She would fight him to the death if needed, or take him to her father.

Somil sat in shock as the fox woman held her sword against his neck,Well looks like i'm gonna die now, he didn't want to fight her because he knew she was going to easily win that match so slowly stood and put his hands up to show he was not going to take the sword from her.
"I don't want to fight, i just want to know where i am" he said slowly but with enough speed to show he wasn't mocking her, "And who you are...what you are to be exact" he said slowly stepping closer to see that her eyes were a odd blue, Almost like jewels. he thought before noticing her clothes, or lack of them. The definition of exposing skin, he quickly drew his back up to her face with his face slightly heating "I really apologize for trespassing so maybe i can just leave back where i came from and i won't have to die and you can forget you ever saw me" he rambled nervously shifting from one foot to another.

Artem watched the weak creature lift its hands up in surrender, Artem dared not move her sword from its position, she would take no chances. When he said he didn't want to fight she scowled and her ears lifted from their defensive position. Artem took a step back as he moved towards her, he watched his eyes drift over her and then quickly move back to her face. A small light pink flush hit her cheeks. "Impudent creature. You are in Kaia, Land of Kitsune. I am Artem, Princess of Kaia." She sheathed her sword seeing the boy as no threat and crossed her arms under her chest. " You are not from anywhere I am familiar with, your scent..." Her words trailed off as she remembered the intoxicating smell, she brought her attention back to him. "You will come with me." Artem looked down at him holding the hilt of her sword in warning to the creature if he tried to run she would capture him.

Somil was a bit confused when he saw the Princess's turned a little pink, but before he could think about it she told him that he has to go with her, I guess there's no leaving.. Somil thought defeated, and he knew that there would be a very small chance of actually getting away from this woman so he just silently followed her being careful not to trip on anything or she'd probably cut his head of for moving too slow.
After some time of walking he gave in to his curiosity, "So...where are we going?" he asked trying to make some conversation so he doesn't fall asleep while walking or die of boredom before the Princess does.

Artem walked fast, occasionally glancing behind her to make sure the creature didn't fall too far behind. When he spoke she paused for a moment before speaking, "To my father. He will judge your fate since you have no recollection of how you came here. And the barrier was not disturbed by your arrival." Artem glanced at him one more looking him over, he looked like one of the elven folk with his small frame, but his ears were rounded not pointed. After walking for some time they arrived at a large castle, Artem walked up the steps that led to a giant pair of wooden doors guarded by two kitsune men.
"Well little princess you've come back!" The short red-headed kitsune smiled at Artem happily. "The guards say you took it upon yourself to patrol, and from what it seems.." His eyes opened to reveal two green irises, as his face was riddled with a mischievous curiosity. "That you have caught something."
Artem ignored the red-haired by and went to reach for the door only to be stopped by a blue-haired kitsune with silver eyes, "Say, little sister, what is this creature you've found?" Artem narrowed her eyes as the red-haired male skipped over to the boy and leaned towards him curiously, "What are you?"

"U-uh i-i'm a human?" he said startled by the closeness, that is what they're asking me right?
He couldn't believe what he was seeing and his curiosity spiked again so he leaned towards the red haired male and studied him.
"You have ears and a tail too.." he said walking around him, "Hey, you have red hair like me!" he said pulling his own hair and reaching to touch the red haired fox's hair too, This is so cool..wait does everyone here have ears and a tail?

The red-haired male paused thinking over to what the boy said he was, "Human?" When he turned his attention back to the boy he noticed the boy was close. He stood straight when the boy walked around him, letting out a small chuckle. "Why yes, I do. Little sister this small creature you've brought is very funny." The male grabbed the boy's hand before he could touch his hair. The blue-haired male looked at the boy, "Strix, let the creature go." Strix, now identified as the red-haired male, let the boy's hand go and smiled. "Well little human. It seems I won't be able to play. But I should warn you not to touch people so easily." Artem looked at them less than amused and walked over grabbing the boy's wrist. "Brother Rai move out of my way. Or I will strike you down where you stand." Artem turned and glared at the blue-haired male, named Rai. He moved from the door smiling at her amused, she moved past the pulling the boy along by his wrist a little more than irritated.

Somil winced at how hard Artem's grip was on his wrist, Don't touch the people here and we might not die... he thought making a mental note as Artem half dragged half walked him to what might be his death.
"S-so those two are your brothers?" he managed to get out, stumbling a bit from how fast she was walking, What's the hurry?! Is she that excited to see me die? Though she looks more irritated that excited, he thought laughing a little.

Artem slowed her walk seeing him stumble and scoffed, "Those irritating people are unfortunately related to me." Her eyebrow twitched in irritation and soon they had reached a large mahogany door. Artem dropped the boy's wrist and turned to look at him placing a hand on her hip. "You are not to speak unless spoken to. And do try not to embarrass yourself, creature." Frowning she looked him over once more before turning back to the door. She lifted her hand knocking on the door before a muffled sound could be heard behind the door. Artem opened the door and walked through leaving it open for the oy to walk through. Artem's father was sitting behind a wooden desk littered with papers, he was a silver-haired man. As he looked up it was clear his face aged with war and time. An unsmiling face at first he looked like he would kill without hesitation. "Father I-" The man broke out into a smile, "Artem, my dearest only daughter. You look so grim. I've been told yo dismissed the guards again, you shouldn't worry about patrolling. Why not go get fitted for your dresses, or dance with the maids instead." Artem clenched her fists clearly upset by the comment but her face remains stoic. The man glanced behind her, "Who are you?"

Somil hesitated before answering but when he did his voice shook a little, "I-I am Somil Ren..a human, who isn't from here.." he said looking at the floor, What should i do?! I've never been in front of royalty before..am i supposed to bow? I think not..well she said not to embarrass myself so i probably shouldn't do that..
His thoughts raged in his mind as he watched his shoes, Maybe if i do as they say i could live.. he thought hopefully resisting the persistent urge to ask the millions of questions in his head.

The man paused looking the boy over, "A human...I've never heard of your kind before...And Somil was it?" The king glanced at his daughter and then the boy. "How did you get through the barrier?" He narrowed his eyes at the boy, Artem glanced at the boy curiously. She also wondered how he got through. Her father was a lot nicer than her in comparison but that didn't erase the fear his gaze installed in people.

"Well, actually i don't even know...but i was running from something and..i think i smacked into some sort of wall and then i blacked out" he said trying to reach the fuzzy thoughts that were hiding at the back of his mind, "and then i saw her-your daughter-the princess and then she took me here"
Somil looked up when he was talking to the King almost all of his fear evaporating until only the fear of him dying stayed.
If they let me live i wont even try to take the chance of escaping...because i already know i won't...

The King was quiet for a few long moments before Artem spoke. "Father I-" Her glared at her and she flinched turning her head away. She felt so small in the large room. He looked back to the boy, "It seems the goddess has placed you here. I am glad my daughter is not as foolish as I imagined and spared your life." Artem tensed and didn't bother to look at her father. "For now you are our guest, I must consult with the advisors on why you've come. And what to do with you." The king smiled at the boy brightly, a striking contrast to the glare he gave just moments before. "Artem will gladly be your guide." Artem turned her head and opened her mouth to protest, "Won't you?" Artem scrunched up her face and balled her fists. "Y-Yes father." It was clear her words were through grit teeth. "You may leave." Artem turned and stormed out of the room with little hesitation.

Somil ran to catch up with Artem, "I-I'm sorry..did i saw something wrong?" he said struggling to keep up with her, I was only being honest..what did i do wrong?
He tried to reach for her hand as he ran and when he did he spun in front of her, "Look if you didn't want me to mention the part about you sparing me you could have told me so i could change the story for you to win against me in a fight" he said quickly so that she wouldn't just rip his throat out.
Really if i did do something wrong she could've warned me about talking about the encounter..

Artem scoffed when he asked if he had said something wrong, of course he didn't it was just her. When he grabbed her hand and moved in front of her she paused. Her face had been scrunched up from her irritation and tears were brimming on the edge of her eyes. She turned her head away from him. "Nothing you say would have made it any different. Someone like you couldn't possibly understand." Artem managed to collect herself enough to put a blank gaze on her face, narrowing her eyes she pulled her hand from his. Artem didn't feel the need to even bother explaining herself, it wasn't as though it would change. "Follow me, I'll show you to your room then."

"Ok.." Somil said following Artem though her couldn't help but wonder what it's like to be the only girl in a family full of men.
I guess like me being the human around these kitsune.. he thought wanting to point that out to her but he didn't want to challenge her so he just silently followed her to where he would be staying for what might be the rest of his time here, in this unusual place.
"So...even if i changed the story...you still would be mad?" he asked watching her warily but for another reason.

Last edited:
Artem led him down the winding hallway that led to a set of stairs. When he spoke she stopped walking and looked back at him frowning. "I am not mad." She lied staring at him for a moment before turning her attention back to the stairs as they moved up. She had been upset, livid even, but her anger wasn't directed towards him. She was angry at herself, when would she be strong enough in her father eyes. Her fists clenched and she stepped into a hall lined with many doors. She walked to the end of the hall and stopped in front of the last door. "We do not have a guest room so you will bunk with me."

Somil stayed silent thinking over she'd said, she's lying..she's angry-really angry-but i doubt she'd ever admit it.. he stared at her face for a few minutes trying to find something to say to her so he could maybe ease the anger out of her without being throw out of the window.
When he couldn't he just nodded and stared at the ground, this should be fun...sleeping in the same room with someone who could kill me easily.. he thought putting his hands in his pockets.

Back