Midnight Sun

Artem walked into the room holding the door for him to follow. It was a dark-colored room, with a giant king-sized bed and weapons lining the other side of the room. She sat in a chair across from the bed and leaned back leaning her chin on her wrist before staring at him. "You say you're a human, but I've never heard of a human before. What lands are you from?" Artem narrowed her eyes and crossed her legs exposing the skin of her upper thigh. "What's your motive for being here? I have trouble believing your story. And should I find out you've lied I'll be the one to have your head."

"I-I'm not lying!" he said but then he realized if he yelled he would probably be thought as lying, "I was walking around in a forest when this thing came running at me trying obviously wanting to eat my soul while it was in my body, and then i turned to see where i was running and i smacked into a wall, which i guess is your barrier, and then i woke up and saw you...and then you woke up...and you know the rest" he said pausing a bit for a breath and his eyes slid to the exposed skin of Artem's thigh but he turned his gaze back up to her face quickly.
Can't she cover her legs? She could draw the wrong attention..though i doubt anyone would try her..she'd probably kill them for even looking..

Last edited:
Artem took a long pause after he spoke moving her gaze towards the balcony beside her. "What did the monster look like?" Artem spoke while staring out the window, she didn't understand how he just showed up in their territory with no knowledge of anything, for all she knew he might not even be from this realm. "Why did you ask if my ears and tail were real? Do people not have such feature where you come from." Sitting up in her chair she looked at him curiosity written over her expression. If she could find out why he was here and what force brought him, or even bring him back to where he came from her father might just acknowledge her.

"The monster was really big and it had millions of teeth, and when you looked in it's eyes they were blank like there was no life in it..but it still was running and stuff" he said trying to make her see it by using his body, Hmm..what were her other questions? Oh right!
"I asked if your ears and tail were real because i couldn't believe this place was real, i don't think people where i might be from look like you..they look kind of like me" he said but then paused, "Probably a bit different...and better looking" he added with a small smile.
When am i from? How do i get back? Will i ever get back? More and more questions piled in his head until he had a headache.

Last edited:
Artem looked at him in disbelief, "Shadows haven't existed this close to the border for many years..." She mumbled thinking about his description. Shadows themselves, were a product of magic from a clan of dark elves that wanted to gain control and power over all the races of the Netherworld. The Kaia empire had eradicated those forces as far from the surrounding areas with the neighboring kingdoms. They still existed but they were weaker...at least that's what they had believed. If they were indeed shadows, and this close to the border it could pose a problem. Her focus shifted onto his explanation, "Better looking? You are not ugly, a bit weak looking, like a small deer. Cute but easy prey." Artem spoke bluntly, in a matter of fact manner. As she spoke her eyes were observing him taking note of his lankily features before resting on his face.

Cute? Somil thought blushing a little but then he decided not to dwell on it, easy prey..
While Artem was observing him Somil decided to study her a bit more, trying to answer most of the questions in his head.
I don't know if she has claws but she can wield a sword pretty well..so she won't be needing those, she has pretty eyes that would shine at night if she were hunting you..that's scary but kind of cool, her temper is through the roof but she mostly just directs it to herself..
"That's not good..." he muttered aloud though he though he thought was still thinking in his head.

Artem rose her brow still staring at his face, "What isn't good?" Artem stood and walked over to him, "What do humans eat?" Walking past him she placed her sword on a table with several other weapons. Artem stood there for a moment thinking about how the boy had surrendered without a fight. "Why did you not fight me? You chose to surrender without effort." Artem turned to him leaning her hand on either side of the table, "Why, you surely know I could have killed you."

"I know that's exactly why i didn't want to fight you, you would have easily won and i wasn't looking to fight anyone" he said looking her in the eye, "still not" he added rubbing the back of his head where he felt some dried blood.
Hmm...did the monster manage to scratch while i was running? he thought scratching it a little and then he stopped looking at a of the swords Artem owned.
"I'd feel sorry for anyone killed with any of those" he said walking over to the table with weapons.

Artem watched him walk over to the table, t was littered with swords, daggers, knives, arrows, a bow. "MM I use these to hunt mostly, I am not allowed to participate in the wars." Artem frowned for a moment before sighing. "You seem to know nothing of the Netherworld if you have questions I will answer." She mumbled, she was curious about the boy's world as well but more so about the monster he had spoken of. Hopefully, the monster didn't scratch him, shadows were like a virus. They changed their victims, turning them into a type of creature.

"Why not?" Somil asked confused for a second but then he remembered why, "Well that isn't fair..you're awesome, heck you could be better than them!"
So i guess women here are undermined and underestimated... he thought a little confused, Why? Women are strong too..
"One of the questions i have about this place is..what other creatures are there besides the..Shadows?" he asked sitting on the floor cross legged looking up at her.

Last edited:
Artem glanced at him, "Because I am a woman, there is nothing I can do that they can't do better." Artem frowned at her own statement. "Regardless it is not important." As he spoke her finger ran over the weapons, she paused and turned looking at the boy. "Well... The shadows are more like the dark elves underlings... products of magic rather than creatures, though they kill all the same...Other than those there is our neighboring kingdom, the wolves. They walk around in their wolf forms or their other forms, which sort of look like you.. only with muscles. " She mumbled the last part looked his body over once more, "Then there are the pixies, they comprise the eastern forests. little tricksters protect the sirens that live in the sea. They are...irritating creatures." Artem scowled at the thought, "Then there are the vampires, and demon territory. the dragon born also lives there. And finally the elves, not the dark elves. these elves are more....feminine and light." She scoffed at the thought and brought her eyes from his body to his face. "Other than that there are many other smaller races, trolls, orcs, dwarves, faeries, harpies..and some others of lesser importance." Artem crossed her arms and waited for him to process all she had said.

"Wow...that's..a lot" Somil said practically feeling the steam coming out of his ears, "So...there's no other humans here?" he mumbled to himself, and all hope of seeing other people like him drifted away with that thought.
"Well...i guess there's no use in looking for 'em if i now know that they're not here" he scratched his head again but when he realized he'd been scratching, he already opened the head wound, "You don't happen to have any first aid do you?" he asked standing up and putting his hands in his pockets.
I hope so...or i might die here from bleeding out from my head..

Artem shook her head at his question, "None that I know of unless you count the wolves other form. Of course, I wouldn't suggest you go into the woods and look. Someone like you...would die." Artem looked at him as she spoke, no tone of joking in her voice. She was just speaking bluntly, he looked weak and would probably die within the first few minutes. As she was thinking about what creature would kill this small human he had spoken. She blinked processing his words before nodding, "Are you injured? How did you get such an injury?" Artem moved away from the table and walked over to him, hand on her hip as she looked him over, he didn't look like he was injured. She circled him seeing the blood matted on him. The questions weren't when he got injured but more so what injured him.

"I don't know..i doubt a branch scratched me at the back of my head.. the only thing behind me was the Shadow thing.." he said as she circled him making him a little dizzy so he just closed his eyes, "Do you think it scratched me before i made it here?"
He wondered if it was really bad if it did manage to scratch him as he ran from it, but his head started hurting when he thought about it so he saved it for when it was time to sleep.

Artem frowned and touched the scratch getting the blood on her fingers. Moving back so she could face him she glared. "You should hope not. Though it may affect humans differently." Artem took his wrist pulling him to sit on the bed, "I will treat you, rather than cause panic." Artem mumbled and let his wrist go walking over to a desk, looking in the drawer she pulled out a towel and a bandage. Walking back over to him she looked down at him. "Lower your head so I can fix this. It will only hurt a lot." Artem waited for him to lower his head before using the towel with some sort of burning solution to cleanse it. Her tail flicked back and forth.

It will only hurt a lot.. Artem had said before telling him to lower his head.
Following the directions she'd gave him Somil lowered his head, "So this is gonna hurt a lot.." he mumbled to himself and he braced for the pain, It's gonna feel a bit better after..i hope..at least i won't have to worry about it being infected..

Artem wiped the wound, she cared not for gentleness. Examining the wound she saw small scratches and muttered a curse under her breath, she would have to tell her father. Once she had cleaned the wound she lifted his head with her finger, leaning close to him sh focused as she wrapped the bandage around his head. "You have been scratched by a shadow. I m just surprised you have managed to live this long. It does not look like their poison has infected you but I am still not sure." She finished wrapping his head and lifted herself so she stood straight. "I will tell my father later....Are you hungry human?"

"N-not anymore.."Somil said tears pricking the edge of his eyes, "So..i've been scratched by a Shadow, wait i should be dead then right?" he rubbed his eyes so he could see her better.
So...how am i alive? he thought wanting to lay down but he had a question to ask first, "What happens if someone were to get cut by one of those things?" he asked not really hoping for a good answer but an answer nonetheless.

Artem sighed and sat beside him thinking, "Well yes you should be dead, or one of them...Whan a Shadow cuts its victim it destroys their souls. They become an empty walking shell. For creatures of light...like the fae, pixies and elves....well it turns them aggressive and rains the good. They become monsters." Her face scrunched up as if recalling a bad memory. "There is nothing good that comes from a Shadow, and if you have indeed been scratched by one you should have died instantly, or turned into one of them....maybe humans have a different reaction to it."

"Hmm...I guess i'm one of the lucky ones huh?" he said looking at her from corner of his eye, "Well i guess we now know i'm not that bright.." he joked, or tried to.
That one was bad.. he thought chuckling quietly at his poor attempt at a joke, but if it's going to kill me slowly..or make blow up or something.. he shuddered at that thought.
"So..do you want to do something or do we just..talk?" he asked turning to face her now watching her ears twitch

Back