New User new and anxious

MsMorbid

hello everyone!
been about a year since i last tired to join a forum-style website but here i am trying to find a nice home to belong to.
brief history on my writing;
i started my first journey into writing when i was in grade school, my first short story was in third grade about a girl who took down a giant by only using her wits. not very unique i know but i think it's solid place to start. i then started role playing back on GaiaOnline, where after a few years hosted two guilds and loved making new and exciting worlds for people to role play in. After that i got into fandoms, and have been there since.
I've bounced around a bit as my experience in role play has increased and my satisfaction for role play partners has decreased. I'm hoping to find people who will be open and interested in my ideas, as well as finding ideas that would be fun to play around within.
ive been role playing for.. over ten years now.
I've written the bases for two novels but they havent gotten anywhere. Haven't sat down and edited them or honestly looked at them again.
I am having a difficult time writing an entire story on my own these days. I am hoping I will be able to get some inspiration from other creatives.

I'm a creator, have MDD, and generalized anxiety.
usually my genres range in high fantasy, sci-fi, and horror. give me a good plot and im probably down for other genres.
im honestly uninterested in romance/drama.
usually in role plays i write three - four paragraphs; and sometimes dwindle down to one if im not getting as much from the other party/ies
i role play all genders ( lgbtq+ )
i like role plays with surprises with twists and turns.
i like role plays with honest human reaction, rather than a forced reaction to get a specific result.
i make new character/s for every role play i enter.
i dont like beating around the bush. i also cant handle any form of drama. so please be straight forward with me.
i love questions, i love world building, i love development.

um.. so hi
im here looking specifically for forum multi-participant role plays.
i did come here because of toprpsites; and im hoping that this will turn out better. small hopes, big dreams, right? hmu if you have suggestions

guess imma place some examples here for rps that i built that didnt take off the ground on my last site. lmk if you want to build something off of them. otherwise i suppose its an example of my writing/building
based off of the concept of more advanced space travel
ive got some character development made for the Joanna, and the new captain of the space station; and with an idea as to what direction the plot would take depending on player input.
---​

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

It had been a century since the last visit from the others. A decade that humans spent fortifying themselves, making themselves stronger and more deadly than what would normally be expected of prey. They designed themselves bombs, space craft, and choked down their pride to make alliances with other species around the galaxy.

The rest of them knew that the monsters existed, they had been preyed upon for centuries. There were warnings of these faceless things, warnings that were slammed in humanity's face until humanity couldn't see it anymore. Or perhaps humanity only saw it when it was their problem. These creatures were beings that could twist souls; they consumed the life force and housed the spirit in a gem. Those who had been in the same room with them closed their eyes, those who had seen them wept, and those who were close enough to touch them were sucked down into oblivion.

Seelenwächter they were called. A German ship was the first that ran into them, their message was too weak to get anywhere further than the nearest human base. The message was broadcast into deep space from that outpost- and since then the Seelens have been dragging their nails across the sentient consciousness.

They didn't hide themselves, their spaceships rumbled into atmospheres as they came down upon a planet to stir fear into their victims. They didn't make noise as their feet glided across the ground, they the kind that you could tremble from in the dark trying to be as quiet as they were to avoid their detection.

"Go to sleep babe," the mothers would tell their children, "Or the Seelens will come tonight."

---​
Alpha quadrant of the Milky Way Galaxy(according to the terrains) had been thoroughly explored, from the human planet Earth to the far reaches of the Mezoid Empire. Space Station Eldridge sat on the borderlines to quadrant beta, to the great unknown that stretched out before those who sat along the line. Dozens of Space Stations had been located to these positions, docking points for ships before they went deeper.

Stories came back of wondrous places in the unknown, a fountain of youth, true paradises, species that had the same level of technology that humans had come to. It was a new beginning for criminals, for outcasts, for people who wanted their names written down in history. It was an opportunity for those who desired to gain respect and adoration from millions, to become heroes facing the next frontier.

---​
Captain Jeremy Lokken

Captian's Log. Space Station Eldridge. Stardate 51854.3

It's been a three days since the energy surge that disabled our sensors. We've been running blind without communications and contact to the outside world. I've been assured today that everything will be up and running. I have an aboding feeling that we've been out of the loop for too long. Just what has happened? I'm going to be attempting to contact Star Base Alpha-Delta as soon as possible.

Joanna has been locked in the brig since the energy surge. She has apologized several times but I am doubting her capability of understanding exactly what she did wrong.

Captain's Log. Space Station Eldridge. Stardate 51864.7

The other space stations along the Beta Sector have been reporting strange sightings in the area. Some have reported infiltration, and at this point three of them are dark. We have not seen anything on our systems.

Food supplies are running low. I've sent a crew out to the nearest class A planet, Terkilon, to gather resources. The inhabitants there aren't the easiest to get along with, but if the mission is successful we will be set until their planet comes within range again. We have not pinpointed who has been hoarding the supplies that we had received from the Galatique Entente.

Stress levels are rising without a real known cause.

Four people have been reported missing.

Captain's Log. Space Station Eldridge. Stardate 51848.2

We have received a message from our sister station Slater. The video consists of Captain Margery Hoffman, a good friend of mine, in her final moments.

I cannot describe what I have seen.

There is a real enemy out there.

Ten space stations have gone dark.

Captain's Log. Space Station Eldridge. Stardate 51883.8

Widespread panic has taken hold of my crew. Civilians are leaving the space station in droves. There are enough shuttles for all of them, the merchant ships have taken passengers on board for a nice fee, and I fear that my holding here is slipping.

We were not prepared for an enemy such as this.

Captain's Log. Space Station Eldridge. Stardate 51884.1

They're here.
this one is based on the concept of floating islands.
i have 20+ pages of this world building. npcs/important figures, the main cities, some information on minor developments, ships and how they are powered. much more where this stuff comes from.

---​

They had moved to the sky so long ago that the reason why had been lost in the records. Books age, memories fade, fires consume. Even the Elders on the Isle of Yel Ennore close the pages on the events, they remember, but they have not shared with the most inquisitive eyes.

In the beginning there were four major colonies, and those bloomed into the major forces of today. Yel Ennore, the elvish commune. Pinpids, the town of oil, dirt, and workers. Nova, the city of self-improvement and business. Ozyolsk, a city powered by steam and gears.

Of course there were the natives that had already built their homes, but the blood shed long ago between the Aarakocra and the humans has long become stale.

Now there are new threats to the world they have built. Stability is faltering. One push in the wrong direction and everything will fall apart.

---​
There are the four main islands, where the four main cities are built. Other than these four islands, hundreds of thousands of small islands float through the atmosphere. Small farms, taverns, villages, mythical trees, can all be found if looked for hard enough.
These islands do move through the air, with no pattern that the current data can conclude. There is no tether to the ground, depending on the time of year, and on a clear day, an island can be found above what looks to be dense forest or open waters. But most of the time the land below cannot be seen past the cloud coverage, its a beautiful mystery.

Tales have been told of magical beasts as large as the town halls, of creatures that glow and shimmer with every step that they make. There are stories of fish who swim through the air, and trees that grow upside-down. There is even one that says that the caverns on the ground are coated in gold, with a man who has existed since the formation of the planet sitting in it's depths waiting for someone worthy to take the flag and look over the planet.

Magic flows freely on the surface, everyone who says they've been there agree.

Welcome welcome! Hope to see you around! This site isn't that active, but that only means you can be one of the pioneers!

@Crow
Thank you for the welcome!
Honestly large bubbling sites are incredibly intimidating to me, I don't think I'll ever get myself pumped up enough to join or check them semi regularly
I don't mind being a pioneer :3

Back