New User New User Ahoy!

rosyblushes-

Hello! My name is Miles(a nickname of my middle name), but I usually go by my online gamer tags Rori, or Ro. I’m a 17 year old living in Central USA preparing to ship off to college. My gender is...being questioned, right now. Even so, I prefer they/them pronouns right now, but I definitely don’t mind s/he slips! I really hope this doesn’t make anyone uncomfortable.

I love writing! I am planning to publish soon. I wish to major in Creative Writing, and have been role playing since I was about 9ish,10. Maybe even younger if you count role playing Disney Princesses with my sister. I’ve slowly worked up my craft into small scale role plays to paragraphs upon paragraphs of detail. I even have world building tools and programs now to keep up with all the stories I’ve made such as Wonderdraft. I am even teaching myself how to digitally draw in order to put my own faces to my ocs and worlds, but for now- I find refs on Pinterest and such.

My favorite genre is fantasy. It’s one of the biggest topics I roleplay but it’s not the only one! Second runner up is sci-fi, but since I am not very bright in science related terms, I try not to screw up any of the terminology. Romance, Drama, Mystery, Pschological, etc are all on the list - except horror. I’ve never watched or read any horror and do not plan to. Role playing it without any knowledge on how to perfectly execute it would only be a disgrace to true horror fanatics.

I have so many ideas and ocs I want to try out! But every time I meet a partner, I either drive them away with Boredom, they drive ME away, or they want only erotica with no plot. OR They put no effort into it. I’ve meet a few good pair and it makes me miss the old role playing days. However, I can be busy so I’ll try and be active as much as I can!

I think that’s about it? Feel free to ask questions, within boundaries of course. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

I'm one of those horror fanatics in both writing and film so I'm always a little sad (but not usually surprised) when someone confesses that they're just not into it. That's okay, though because the one genre I love more than horror is fantasy. I started with traditional fantasy, like most people, but have really been branching out over these last few years into any sub-genre I can get my hands on.

I didn't do very well in college and wasn't brave enough to pursue my passion but have recently begun taking my writing hobby more seriously and hope to improve (and oh boy do I need to improve). I may never be a professional but I'm okay with that. It's just nice to have rediscovered my passion for storytelling.

If you're looking for a great world building tool on the web to help you organize your ideas, I would recommend World Anvil. They're free with the option for a paid membership if you want some extra features.

Once you get your account approved, feel free to hit me up if you ever want to nerd out over fantasy or science fiction (I'm also not very scientifically adept), especially world building and maybe we'll find ourselves in a role play together some time. I'm envious that you're considering majoring in creative writing.

As for your preferred pronouns, don't be shy about correcting me (or anyone, really) if I use the wrong one. I'm not accustomed to using gender-neutral pronouns and I'm bound to slip up.

Anywho, welcome to the Circle! I'm still pretty new here but I found a role play almost immediately so I'm sure you won't have any trouble.

Hi Miles! I'm new to the site too :) What kind of fantasy RPs do you like the best? Medieval? LotR/D&D-esque? Vampires/werewolves? I hope you find what you're looking for on this site! :)

:emoji_deciduous_tree: Welcome to STC Miles!:emoji_deciduous_tree:
:emoji_tulip:I think it's super cool you're publishing a book! I am talking to my editors about mine as well, but I have to admit I've been slacking due to the hectic virus problems. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!! :emoji_tulip:

Hey Miles, glad to see that you're reaching out to rekindle your interest in roleplay! I understand the feeling of looking back at some of your favorite experiences with it and trying to find something similar out there, and I feel that this site (from what research I was able to do so far) looks like a good chance at variety.

Best of luck with your education!! College can be an amazing opportunity for those going in with a plan and a dream, knowing what they want to take out of it so stay focused on what you would like to do and get some plans for getting the right classes, credits, and pre-grad experience as soon as possible ^^ I finished schooling early and enjoyed my time there with a focus on Journalism, but with creative writing as a hobby. Best of luck finding what you're looking for!

Back