New User Newbie On The Block

soft_sailor

Idiot Moron Stupid Moron Idiot
Hiii! I'm fairly new to this whole forum style rp gig, so I'm trying to make this transition as comfy as possible. I've heard great things about this site, so I thought what the hell, why not try it out?
You may call me Sailor, Sal, or even Sally if you're feeling particularly spicy. Whatever you choose to dub me, chances are I will respond to the nickname! But enough with the mundane!
Without further ado, here are some of the things I am craving or just love in general! If any of these things apply to you, I definitely need people like you in my life. I'm hoping to make some cool friends/acquaintances here and I certainly don't bite unless it's warranted:

• While I enjoy just about every genre if enough thought is put into the plot and characters, my favorites would have to be historical fiction (anywhere from medieval to the late 1800s), horror (Lovecraftian is my favorite), steampunk, Western, and fantasy! I do have some plots at the ready as well, so if you're interested, definitely hit me up. I also rp in a literate third person and multi para style!

• I do really enjoy consistent OOC messaging. Making friendships and establishing communication is SUPER important to making this experience a good one for me. We're both real people with real feelings, we don't need to hide that just because we were originally rp partners! Don't hesitate to tell me you're having a bad day or lightly venting (as long as I don't become your therapist, I'm here to listen).

• Please please PLEASE don't make me come up with every twist and turn in the rp by myself. While I am capable of it, it makes for an incredibly boring rp and adds a little bit of resentment on my side. Please share any and all ideas you have with me. Let's collaborate!

• Flexibility is SO important to me! I use both female and male OCs (I have yet to use an enby OC so stay tuned for that) and am super comfortable with all sorts of romantic pairings. The people I choose to rp with will have to be as well.

• I really just want to meet people who are interested in building a world we both fall in love with! I want to hear each and every idea you have—don't limit yourself because I certainly won't limit my imagination either. Whether you're interested in fandoms, original plots, or chatting I'm open to all. The skies are the limit folks!
That's about all I have for now. I'll be compiling a more fleshed out list for the requests thread eventually but I just wanted to give you all a proper hello!
Much love. I hope to get involved with you soon,
Sal x

Welcome to the forums Sailor!! It's really nice to meet you! seems like your pretty cool person! Once you're Approved I'll Defnitately love to roleplay with you! Personally, my favorite genre is Fantasy/Sci-fi and one of my favorite sub-genres is Medieval fantasy! especially ones with supernatural creatures in it! Can't wait to talk to you more <3

Hi! I'm new too (though I am super new) and thank you for describing what OOC means. I figured it out, but your intro showed what it could be and thank you for that.

As one new member to another, Welcome to the forums! It sounds like you know what kinds of RPs you want to partake in, which is good! I’ve been enjoying my experience on these forums so far, and I hope you do too :)

:emoji_seedling:Welcome to Storytellers Sal! So nice to informally meet you!! :emoji_seedling:
:emoji_hibiscus:If you have any questions or concerns about the site, don't hesitate to ask anyone from the staff including myself!!:emoji_hibiscus:
:emoji_rose:You can call me Mai. I'd love to hear some of the plots you have, they seem like they'd be in-depth! Enjoy the site!:emoji_rose:

Back