Akashic Arcana Of Kings and Horses

Zangyl

@JessieJames

A large, glimmering holographic screen popped up from his desk as he touched an illuminated, blue-ish button on the perfectly white desk. It notified him of an applicant; someone who is interested in joining the Disciplinary Division.

He slowly looked up from the holographic view and glanced around; his eyes pleased with how he had designed, or well; furnished his spacious office. White walls, white ceilings and big windows that let in a lot of natural light. It all gave him, and anyone who visited, the feeling that they were welcome and the sun's warmth would warm anyone inside up naturally.

He sighed and switched to another view; quickly sipping ice-cold Coke from a long-necked glass. The view he had selected showed his agenda. Raising an eyebrow due to the total lack of appointments, he set down the glass and pushed another button; scheduling the interview to take place right now.

Wearing his usual suit, he stretched; only to grunt as his perfectly white dress-shirt popped out of his rather tight, black pants.

"Really? Again?" He exclaimed; before pushing the dress shirt into his pants and positioning himself graciously. In front of the lithe-framed, white desk stood another chair; its design as lithe and light as the desk's and looking very expensive.

He then looked at the door; his blue eyes twinkling curiously, his strong jawline covered with slight, dark stubble that came together, after which it went up towards his lower lip; where it dissipated.

'Let's see what i get to work with...' He thought; focused on the door...

What the hell was that blasted beeping noise that interrupted his relaxing nap in the branches of a large oak? Opening an eye he moved to the side so he could pull his phone out and stare at the email on the sleek surface. Murmuring slightly to himself he read the auto-sent notification, "Your appointment is at eleven."

His gaze drifted up to see the time and cursed whatever god was responsible for this little hiccup of events. Shifting he quickly jumped down to the grass covered ground below and took off running across the damn campus. He used all his parkour talents to make his late arrival less of a problem. Screams and squeaks followed him as he dodged students and in some cases sailed right over their heads. Too bad by the time he would get to the student counsel building he was dripping sweet that soaked his hair and most of his black tanktop. He had left his trademark hoodie tied about his hips which were further clad in dark blue jeans. Not his favorite thing to parkour in but he had worn worse. Shaking his head like a dog sent his long braid whipping being him like a tail as well as drops of sweat flying as he walked up to the door of the person he was meeting.

His breathing was returning to normal by now as was his heart rate. Knocking he gazed at the sign on the door. The gold plate read a name he didn't bother reading as he caught sight of his own eyes. Their odd coloration made him smile. If nothing else came from this then at least he would get to see who he needed to tear through to get to the top of this dog pile they called school. Their black sclera made his golden irises seem demonic and eerie. He noted he looked like he had just a marathon and in fact he might as well have. Who sets up an appointment with less than a minute warning?

Clearly this Christian fellow. He noted the first name only. He figured if he needed the rest he would learn it then not before. Once he was granted access he opened the door and stepped in. The sight that greeted him caused him to cringe. White. It was every where. He would have hissed if he didn't think his cringe was enough to convey that the room needed more color than the sun shining in and the... Golden eyes trailed over the rather yummy bit of eye candy across from him. Too bad he wanted to beat that face in just as much. Shirosaki did at least wait to be addressed before approaching the male.

The first thing he saw was how the student cringed, and it made him chuckle innocently. Christian stood up; revealing his impressive, broad shape as he gestured the student to come close. Christian's eyes shone brightly blue as he looked at the student; immediately noticing the student's excessive sweating.

"My apologies for the last-minute confirmation.-" Christian started; smiling at the student in front of him, before extending a lithe hand that was attached to a rather muscled, bare forearm. "It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Christian van Orange-Nassau." He tilted his head forward, slightly; waiting for the student in front of him to introduce himself as well.

Shiro tilted his head in surprise at the fact the seemingly well dressed male hadn't demanded he get his ass out of his office and take a shower. If anything he could have sworn he saw a hint of pleasure in those depths. Reaching forward he took the other hand in his own, "Shirosaki Kuro," He introduced himself. His voice was slightly gruff but still held a nice baritone sound to it, "I will have an opportunity in the future to repay you for that I'm sure."

That grip on his own hand made him smile. This was someone who wasn't afraid to sweat at least and wasn't squeamish about other's. It pleased him while making him to see this at least if he decided to beat that face in he wouldn't run screaming. Hopefully.

Christian's eyes were filled with joy as Shirosaki told him he'd have an opportunity to repay him. The sweaty hand, the sound of the student's voice and the tilting of his head had caused shivers to run over Christian's spine; not of fear, but of joy. It was pleasing.

Christian let go of his hand and then said; "Please, sit down." He extended a lithe hand towards the light-framed chair in front of his desk. He then sat down himself; pushing the illuminated white button again; effectively making the holographic, magical screen disappear.

"Would you like something to drink?" He then asked politely.

His golden gaze trailed over the man a bit before he smirked. It was odd to find someone who wasn't freaked out by at least his odd colored eyes. But this person was hitting Shiro's buttons too nicely for him to not wonder if something was off. He took the seat he was directed to. His gaze flitted around the room again taking it in from a different angle now. The sun did cast a rather lovely golden hugh across the far wall as it reflected off the fountain in the court yard. The rippling lines seemed to sooth his already on edge nerves, "Water if you have it."

It was wise to drink a lot of water after the workout he had put himself through just to get over to this meeting. Relaxing back slightly into the seat he hummed softly to himself without realizing it. His eyes returned to taking in the male before him. What did he know about him? Did he know Shirosaki had a habit of breaking and entering the gymnasium after closing hours? He was willing to bet. After all it wasn't like he tried to hide it.

“Ofcourse i’ve got water.” Christian said and stood up; walking over to a crevice in the wall, where he got a long-glass filled with water. Walking back towards the desk, he grabbed a cold Coke and yet another long-glass.

He put the water in front of Shiro and chuckled;

“Well then, let’s start with the interview, shall we?”

There was something about watching the other man move that caused Shirosaki to hum in appreciation for the art that was before him. Few could wear a suit well in this day and age and make it look like it was normal wear instead of something to be worn on a special occasion. This dark haired male was one of the few that could have likely looked good in any damn thing he put on. His movements were fluid like water over rocks. Trailing a hand through his hair he tried to figure out if he would enjoy this kingly creature or not.

He desired his domain but figured there were worse kings to kneel to. Once the glass of water was placed before him to plucked it from the table and sipped it continuing to study the other, "I don't see any reason not to, King."

Shirosaki Kuro was many things never being ready wasn't one of those. He trained and endured so he could always be ready for anything life slammed his way. This interview was no different than a skirmish on the street over turf. Despite having given up his title as King of the Vasto Lordes many members still came to him when there was a problem. One just could leave their crown on the throne and walk away. There were chains and shackles to ever crown over ever domain and even the horses that followed the king. It was this reasoning that kept him the Chained King and even more so the Blanco Diablo despite trying for a new life.

Christian; simply flabbergasted by hearing the titel ‘king’ - wrongfully - used to adress him, blushed slightly before noting;

“King? I’m no king.” He then grabbed the cold Coke and poured it into the long-glass he had grabbed for himself. “The title you should be using instead, is ‘prince’ or ‘prince of Orange’”. He then took a sip of his icecold Coke and blinked, looking Shirosaki right into his golden eyes; “However, the question how you knew i am royalty still stands, since the majority of the students has no clue.”

Christian’s breathing was stable; his imposing, broad chest raising up and down, his suit moving with; the muscle showing underneath.

The shit eating grin that slipped across those impossibly white lips was one of great pleasure at seeing another being stumble, certainly one that held what he wanted in his hands without understanding what it could mean to him. Shirosaki had called the man before him king as a title of respect but when he thought about it deeper it was a test of sorts. After all Shiro didn't know he was a prince of anything. Gold on fields of blacked narrowed slightly as he leaned back relaxing into a feeling he was far more used to than he cared to admit. Others being fearful and wary of him was something of a calling card it seemed.

"I didn't," He answered honestly, "It's a bit of a belief of mine that ever person is the king of something. Whether it be a country or an idea, we all have something to call our domain."

His words were deep and honest. Relaxing more he sipped his water in a near lazy fashion. Shirosaki was sure this man knew next to nothing about his past after all he never got caught doing something illegal and tended to keep his men in line when he ruled over them. So even though his gang name ended up in police reports no one knew his real name. The few police that had met him on a dark alley way for information or wherever else often left him alone... But that had been over six years ago. Realizing his younger sibling was starting to follow him he gave up his love of being a king and stepped away. His desire to protect her was worth far more than his desire to feel the rush of adrenaline during a fight.

"I don't know a thing about you other than your name is stupid long on your name plate and you like white."

“That’s an interesting thing you say there...” Christian said and tapped his chin with his indexfinger, all the while looking at Shirosaki with his blue eyes. “Well then. I’ve carefully read your psychological- and physical examination-reports, and must say that i am impressed. However, i still have Some questions and would like to go over a real-life situation - through which you need to succesfully go, to see and measure your performance.” He chuckled, playing his hands on the desk before saying; “However, in order to be able to do that; i’d first like to know what role fits you best at the Disciplinary Division.”

He then continued to look at Shirosaki; quite curious what his answer was going to be...

Shiro tilted his head slightly as he stared at the man for a moment he hadn't expected to be given an option to give his opinion as to what type of work might do best for him. It made him pause and truly think about what he had done best when he had been in control of his street gang.

"Negotiations and offensive coordination," he stated after a moment more. Shirosaki hoped he wouldn't make him explain too deeply as to why he was so sure about his own skills in these matters. The reasons ran deep in his heart --while healed-- were painful ones.

“Negotiations and offensive coordination, huh?” Christian repeated; his eyes glimmering slightly as he looked at Shirosaki. He straightened his attire; blinking as he continued; “Would you care to elaborate on why you’d like to be assigned such a role?”

He continued to look at Shirosaki; his rather handsome appearance causing him to feel... flustered, and... to his own surprise, he feels the need to look good himself, also. He would hate to do under for the persoon in front of him...

Shirosaki ran his hand through his hair, "How much does that file tell you about me?" If he knew he could figure out where to start and where to end. His life wasn't one that he was proud of but he did believe that he had done quite well for himself and his little sister. Yuuki came to the forefront of his mind as he stared at this man before him. Setting his glass down he steeped his fingers and closed his eyes simply thinking.

"I live alone and due to my eyes life hasn't been kind to me. Much like is hasn't been kind to my magicless little sister. My parents only keep her in school on their dime because I have negotiated it with them. She lives there but comes to me when school isn't in session," He states after some time. He knew that was a weak explanation but how safe would it be to simply state he controlled a fourth of the city through darker means and kept the peace between his men and others for seven long years. The male still did from time to time.

“Basic informatie, really. However; i like to get to know you personally; not through reading a file.”

He then listened to what Shirosaki told him; looking interested and kind. After a while, Christian asked two thing; “Your sister, does she visit the Academy often?” Was the first. The second question was; “How is her lack of magic impacting her personal life, and yours? If... If you don’t mind my asking, ofcourse.” He smiled; kindly.

A narrowed black and gold gaze snapped to the male for a moment before he leaned forward in his chair, "Personally? Are you sure about that, King?" He purred softly, "Getting to close could be dangerous."

The other bringing up his sister calmed him down a degree or two, "My parents tried to kill her," He admitted softly before he ran his hands through his hair again, "I happened to come in just as they were cutting her wrists to bleed her out," He honestly didn't remember what had happened after that only that he woke up curled around his little sister in a hospital bed, "I don't like talking about it."

He had been out taking care of a group of brats that thought they were going to step on his turf and rob old ladies. The police had been having a hard time catching the kids and the Hollows were taking the fall for it. Pissed about it him and his crew had located them and left them bound up just a block from the department with a note signed the "Chained King". After that he had returned home to find the scene that seemed to awake a voice he couldn't silence now and brought memories that weren't his own with it.

"The best way to figure me out is to ask," he stated, "Or fight me."

Christian’s eyes narrowed at Shirosaki mentioning getting close could be dangerous. His voice was rather serious as he spoke; “Don’t worry. Getting close to me he proven to be deadly; so, i’m quite sure i’ll be fine.”

He then listened to what Shirosaki was telling him; feeling sad for Shirosaki and his sister; rage boiling against their parents.

However, nothing more but a “I see.” came from Christian, who quickly took another sip of his drink and continued; “I prefer asking you to talk about yourself over having to fight you in order to get to know you. Even thou i’m sure a friendly fight is inevetable.” He winked after the latter, before remaining his more serious expression.

“You seem to fit the Disciplinary Division quite well, Shirosaki.” He started; smiling slightly as he continued; “However, it’ll be time for your test, to see if you can handle the ‘negotiations and offensive coordination’-task as well as i hope you can. Are you ready for that?”

A smile slipped over his lips, "I've been ready from the moment I sent in my request or I wouldn't have seen it as a necessity to get over here in a timely fashion," He snipes softly. He was lucky that Shirosaki had been on campus and not at his apartment in the city cooking more food than he needed. Small batches were a hard thing for him to pull even when he tried.

"What do you need me to do, King?" The male was glad to see the other not fighting what he preferred to call him. Honestly he was curious as to what the other would have him do. Would it be difficult or stupid easy? His palms itched at the idea of fighting with Christian.

“I see.” Was all Christian said before immediately continuing; “It’ll be a vocaal test, meaning that we’ll go over a realistic scenario in which you need to act like you would in real life. Obviously, it’ll weigh heavily on my decision whether or not you can join us.”

He adjusted his clothing; smiling at Shirosaki as he began describing the scene; “You are standing outside a electronic appliances store; all of it’s shutters and doors are closed and secured. You are here because you are the only one available. Along with you two junior Division members have come; one is a young guy who is very insecure about his magic, causing it to fail often. The other only relies on aggression and is rather tall; he also fails at working together.” He coughed; taking a of his Coke before chuckling as he continued; “Like i said; there is no easy way into this building, except for a ventsystem that is way too small for a person to fit into without using magic.”

“Now, i’ll be playing the bad guy. I am standing inside the store and have taken an unknown amount of hostages. Among said hostages are several young children and a infant. I am alone; my magic however allows me to possess objects with my soul. I am mentally unstable. There is a direct telephone line from you, to me.” He chuckled, setting down his glass as he observed Shirosaki’s facial expression.

“Your objective is to get me, the ‘badguy’, to give up my hostages and turn myself in. All of the hostages have to survive and be in good health. The doors and shutters are impossible to open from the outside, so you have to be creative.” He placed his hands on his desk, a mischievous twinkle in his blue eyes as he said; “If there are no questions, let’s start!”

Shirosaki relaxed nearly every muscle in his body and gained a slight smirk. The board in his mind was set. While he could use his members to attack the fortress it would likely cause more harm than good. He could also see that even sending one of them in through the vent was a bad idea. In order for him to see to it that the hostages stayed safe he would have to at least hear the 'bad guy' out. After all in the years he had lead the Hollows there were a few times when he had to talk someone down from doing something harmful. Emotion was the leading killer when in a street gang.

"What do you desire to gain by taking these hostages? If it is money, you could have taken the electronics in the store and been on your merry way without anyone being able to do much about it. If it is for your life to be over you shouldn't drag those that haven't had the chance to decide to live into this," His words were soft his expression had become serious but yet soft, "Tell me what you need so I can help you get it."

He leaned forward slightly so he could stare up from the fall of his white lashes at Christian. He felt his heart beat slow down as he tried not to remember a time when he had needed to save one of his members from being taken out by another gang for the simple act of innocently helping a woman with her groceries. He closed his eyes as he remembered the terrified voice of the young boy who cried from the torture they had put him though. Despite saving his life the boy had hung himself two weeks later. A shiver trailed through his body as he vowed yet again to himself that it wouldn't happen again.

Back