[OOC] Endurn: Heart of the Alauum

My dice system is actually still in the works, so, I actually don't force anyone to use it. If you really don't like it, I'm fine if you don't want to use it. I'm working out the kinks as it's played through, and it adds some fun randomness to the game. If you choose not to use it, your writing will be monitored more closely by me just to make sure your char isn't going through every battle without a scratch or a loss, but I do recommend you all at least try it when I introduce it because it can add a fun new dynamic :).
I'm going to post again today, Il going to continue updating the website. I have to check on three new players but if they can't be ready by Friday we'll have to start without them..

Speaking of which, I need to go develop a later player addition system.

New player addition... how would that work? IC wise, I mean. Would a character have to die? Or be deemed unworthy, with the mage spirit embodying the new player?

Yeah so it would just mean I need a system for it.

A couple factors:
1. Can the player just "fade away?" some players are terribly inactive and never really make their character an important part of the plot. These can often just play out as if they were never there.
2. Major players sometimes leave or are dropped. What then?
3. Lore wise, how does it work?

My typical answer is that fate wills as it wills. If a player joins late, we can just say that fate didn't call them until that time. If an experienced player drops, their chat will die and their spot can then be open for another player and the Talohm soul will go to them.

Haha that's so weird! But hilarious also. Don't beat up Grimsfeldt! But then, I guess he'd be hard to beat up O_O Big ol' brute.

Im definitely going to make one of these each for the major biomes: Mountains, forest, praires, and underwater

lnQf2iu.png

I am sorry. After seeing the massive quality that people have put into their characters I don't think that I will be able to live up to the standards.
So yeah. That means Mage of Death will be open for others. I wish you luck with your wonderful rp at hand.

@Yoda does thomas have a dokran? A little tech companion unique to the Dhomharan?
I am sorry. After seeing the massive quality that people have put into their characters I don't think that I will be able to live up to the standards.
So yeah. That means Mage of Death will be open for others. I wish you luck with your wonderful rp at hand.
Well that's a sad admittance of defeat. . . Lol are you serious? You wont' even try? Won't ask for help? Nothing? Come on :p If you have a lick of creativity you'll do well and you've got more than enough help from the people in this thread :)

@Yoda does thomas have a dokran? A little tech companion unique to the Dhomharan?

Well that's a sad admittance of defeat. . . Lol are you serious? You wont' even try? Won't ask for help? Nothing? Come on :p If you have a lick of creativity you'll do well and you've got more than enough help from the people in this thread :)
Yes. I won't waste your time. + Me asking help everytime to ensure I have 3+ paragraphs per reply on the less intimate scenes is going to be quite problematic.
Sooo yeah. I accept my defeat with peace and harmony. Simple as that. I wish your rp will be a joyous one that will last for a while.

Lol well why not post what you have and we can all help :) That's part of the beauty of building a character in a group.

Speaking of which, @Pumpkin how's your character? You've been doing everything privately so I had no idea where you're at!

If you want I can write up a post for Avyra to arrive in Tolin. Zaos is there too, so you and @Brucifer can collab and I'll join in :) I'll write a little time skip and have her arrive there. You could post for Thomas again and give a clear setting for other players to join in on what your char is doing.

Sits here with his bear buddy
We will be the best of friends. After I'm finished with you my dear bear, we're gonna be very close for a long time.

Could you guys help me with the soul abilities? My character is the mage of offense and I have no idea what that would even do

Back