[OOC] Endurn: Heart of the Alauum

Perfect. Ideally, we'll begin this weekend, sunday if possible. I'll be sure to go over your CS if it's submitted before then so you don't get a late start :)

Give me 20 minutes to finish bathing my son and I'll write up a small section on the Sylvuin pantheon. :) the fun part is that all the elven races worship the same God's and goddesses, but each with a different emphasis, so all are henotheistic. The dwarves worship some of the same, but have a handful of different ones

I am so bad at writing about random stuff I need an objective and I can't find one, any ideas?

@Yoda My best advice is something my ex told me once. If you're having trouble writing, imagine yourself in the world, imagine everything that's going on around you and imagine what, in that moment, your character would do. Hope that helps~

I am so bad at writing about random stuff I need an objective and I can't find one, any ideas?
Couple ideas:

+ He comes across some conflict. Maybe an Almiun is insulting a Varan.
+ He finds a lost child and seeks to return her to her vacationing parents
+ He stumbles across a shop with a divination lunatic who claims to be able to tell the future
+ He sees a huge event happening and goes to explore it. Turns out it's a large travelling caravan of Odakkai selling and buying unusual wares
+ He finds a lost locket with a picture inside and decides to ask around to see if he can find its owner
+ He hurts himself and has to seek out a local healer
+ He finds an Almiun cuisine shop and while in there, hears a rumor about trouble in town, he then investigates and finds some crooks planning to crash a wedding and steal all the gifts
+ He goes down into Lake Thren and tries a potion that lets him breathe underwater for the first time so he can walk around the beautiful underwater forest.

@Stoic
The Sylvuin worship the following deities:

Sylvuin Core Pantheon

Highest (Center of Worship):
-------Goddess of Ecosystems (Sylvian Elves), Aramyl “Queen of All,” drawing on the attributes of The Oak and The Beast. NOTE: Aramyl is also called simply, Sylv, for she is seen as the single most potent user of The Oak attribute, Sylv. The elves believe she is the core representation of the attribute and as such, she is most sacred.

Other:
-------God of Peace [Mivure], drawing on the attributes of The Beast, The Voice, and the Sword
-------Goddess of the Hunt [Dahariil], drawing on the attribute of The Voice.
-------Goddess of Plants, [Addena] drawing on the attribute of The Oak.
-------Goddess of Animals, [Nalavyr] drawing on the attribute of The Oak.
-------God of Procreation [Iri’il], drawing on the attributes of The Oak, The Dream, and The Voice.
-------Goddess of Seasons [Alridre], drawing on the attributes of The Oracle and The Winds.

Ritual:
-------The most common form of worship is creation offerings. The user creates works of art, most often using nature itself, and places it on a sacred altar, leaving it there without any preservation spells so that it may erode into the environment and become one with the wilds. Mana woven into prayers is also a common form of ritual.

So, right now, I have no goddess of compassion, but they would pray to Aramyl to look after them and protect them. So if they want compassion, they'd pray to her, or the Mivure, the Goddess of Peace.

Oh and Sylvuin temples (there are no churches, only smaller shrines at which to worship) are made entirely out of white oak trees. The sacred Heartwood they use? So they're woven out of those, not "built" because the Sylvuin create their structures by making the trees grow into the building shapes for them. Anyways, they're made of white oak, lots of stained glass which is actually leaves that have been treated with a type of mana that preserves them and makes them rock hard, they filter through some light and it's super pretty. They use lots of gemstones in the shapes of flowers and leaves, etc. There is always a skylight, so the worshiper can know the general time, and there are always lots of offerings of food that are moved to a sacred room in the back where they're covered with very strongly scented vines that mask the smell of compost while releasing enzymes to rot the offerings and essentially make them into fertilizer which is then given out to the non-sylvuins and the sylvuins alike to use on their crops, though some do choose to take the offering back once they're done their prayers and such and then they go home and eat the fruit or food offerings and the offering returns to the natural world . . . well, the natural way. :D

IC because the animal had been attacking patrols and hunting parties for about a month and a half.
But why kill it? Lol the Odakkai don't kill needlessly, they're largely pacifists and they do have animal communion practice within their culture :) Always try and get yourself into the character's culture when playing a new race. And if you aren't sure? Ask :)

He could very well have chosen to kill it, but as a writer, you have to be able to ask and answer "why did my character do this?" as it pertains to culture, personality, etc.

But why kill it? Lol the Odakkai don't kill needlessly, they're largely pacifists and they do have animal communion practice within their culture :) Always try and get yourself into the character's culture when playing a new race. And if you aren't sure? Ask :)

He could very well have chosen to kill it, but as a writer, you have to be able to ask and answer "why did my character do this?" as it pertains to culture, personality, etc.
OOC because I was tired as all hell. Also, I must have missed the pacifist thing when I read over that. Huh. I'll keep that in mind. No killing for sport.
IC it's still disrupting and hurting people. It was almost immediately hostile, fully grown and had marked its territory.

Yeah, so I just added this to the website to help::

Almiun
-----Patriarchal, traditional, spiritual, reverent towards the wilds, close-knit, defensive, noble, comfortable with war, reject varan.

Sylvuin
-----Matriarchal, nature-driven, open-minded, respectful of traditions, devoted to caring for the wilds, never wasteful, peaceful, neutral views of varan.

Odakkai
----- Egalitarian, pacifist, welcoming, balance-driven, peaceful, nature-driven, liberal with some strong traditions, becoming more accepting of varan

Dhomhara
-----Matriarchal (East) and Patriarchal (West), proud, conservative (west) and liberal (east), warring, little care for the balance of the wilds, defensive, skeptical of outsiders, reject varan (west), accept varan (east)

Screenshots
Right, I'm gonna disappear for about... 8-10 hours to sleep. It's 2 in the morning here. Night.

Back