OOC : The White Zone

DeJoker

Master of Mayhem
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only -- if you need to load or unload come to the White Zone

As it says here we can discuss things Out Of Character so feel free to kidbitz or parley or whatever just keep it clean please.

Note : Only players who have been approved should post to this.

In The Asylum thread I have added a bit of information to help perhaps better understand the genre for those who may not be all the familiar with it.

I also updated the Mechanics section with more important information

Before posting within a In-Game thread be sure you have read and understood the following :
http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/mechanics-clarifications.1452/view-tab?tab_id=424

This is basically the "In-Game Posting" tab that can be found within the Mechanics thread if you need to refer back to it later on.

If it is not clear enough then let me know and I will adjust the post to add in more clarity -- but please be fairly specific about what you feel is not clear enough so I can address it specifically -- and again like questions the only bad clarity comment is a clarity comment that was not made.

Quote Inconspicuous
"Good." He said. He got up from his chair, and walked over to the door. He stopped there, then said to Sarah "If anyone calls, have them leave a message." He picked up his brief case, and gathered his things. "I'll try to be back before 10:00." He opened the door. "Goodbye" He said, pausing in the doorway.

Okay just a few small issues with this post that can easily be corrected ;)

1) Be back before 10:00 -- am or pm -- I ask because unless you a exceedingly quick it will not be 10am unless you plan not being back until the next day -- on the flip side if you mean 10 pm Sarah is most likely not going to be there unless you are specifically asking her to stay until then.

2) If anyone calls while you are out -- her job as the secretary is to take a message for you ?? Not sure why you are telling her to do what she does anyway and has been doing for you for some time now.

3) Okay the door out of the small office you are in leads into the reception room which then leads to the door that leads into the outside hallway -- further Sarah is currently standing in the first doorway which means James just blew through Sarah in order to get to the other door and while she would move out of James' way were he head for the second door -- it would be rather callous of him to just blow by the love of his life ;)

I am not saying you have to add a ton of fluff to your posts but you should take into consideration what is going on and if you have questions just ask if something seems unclear -- further we are not in a rush -- take your time and try to breathe a bit more life into your post. Try to imagine your surroundings and what it would look like for your character to do the things you plan on them doing -- further consider what might be going through your characters mind and put a little of that out there. Remember for "horror" to work in a PbP you really need to write what your character is thinking and/or feeling. I am assuming you have been reading along in the other story thread and if you have not give it a look see.

Next if you are not experienced at doing this and want ideas come here to The White Zone and pose a question or ask for suggestions -- ultimately what you do with your character and your post is up to you but others can perhaps help you dress it up some -- I am just under the impression (and I could be wrong) that we are here to try and write a story that is fun to play in and fun to be read by others.

Back