Open World Pokemon RP

Iamtheecchiking

Conquering New Realms 1 pair of Oppai at a time
Julia.jpg

"Oh! Why hello there! Welcome to my lab, my name is Professor Dogwood. I am the foremost Pokemon researcher here in the Anteceon Region. Ahh, but enough about me for now. Why don't we start with this amazing region we are in!"

"The Anteceon region is a bit colder due to it being a farther from the equator. However, there is a section of the region that you will find hospitable for Pokemon of all kinds. The region has 7 major cities in it, all of which have a Pokemon gym. Once you collect all 7 badges, you will be admitted into the Anteceon league! Now, now, we should move forward again."

"If you decide to become a trainer in the wonderful Anteceon region, you will be able to choose from any of the 3 starter Pokemon available from every Generation. I know what you are thinking. I have such a good relationship with all the other professors and they have kind enough to transfer their starters to me. I would consider new trainers in the Anteceon region to be very lucky! On top of that, new trainers will be given a state of the art Pokedex."

"Now, I know you have other questions so I shall do my best to answer them. There will be a Pokedex thread where all the currently available Pokemon will have their stats. If you wondering about battles, well, that may be a bit tricky. I am leaning towards having battles take place on Pokemon Showdown. The reason is that neither I nor those who become GM's will probably have enough time to be able to judge every single battle. This will also cut down on any type of disputes. Don't worry, there is still plenty of RP to explore. You will not be missing out on much. I am still unsure on how to deal with catching Pokemon, but I plan to have that solved soon enough. "

"On another note, I am currently looking for some people who wish to join me in my research and overseeing the Anteceon region! These fellow professors, Or Game Masters, will help keep all of this running smoothly. "

"Thank you for visiting my lab today! Please watch this thread for updates and don't be shy to continue suggesting things. Also, Keep watch for that pesky Team Rocket. They haven't been seen or heard from in awhile, here in the Anteceon region. They used to have a base here, but it was found abandoned. Don't let your guard down, though, those crooks could be up to anything! Take care now and come see me when you decide if you want to be a trainer!"

Last edited:
*flies in* Did someone say Pokemon? Consider me a hype supporter of this. :3

As for suggestions, I think that perhaps we should only use one region at a time. I personally have seen Pokemon roleplays die quickly because everyone is too spread out and there aren't enough people to fill certain roles. Also with people being too spread out, there's not much interaction between characters. Perhaps everyone could go and get the Trainer cards and starters from the same place? I'm just speaking from my experience haha yours could be totally different XD

Also! Battles could be handled on Pokemon showdown (After the leveling thing is sorted out.)

*flies in* Did someone say Pokemon? Consider me a hype supporter of this. :3

As for suggestions, I think that perhaps we should only use one region at a time. I personally have seen Pokemon roleplays die quickly because everyone is too spread out and there aren't enough people to fill certain roles. Also with people being too spread out, there's not much interaction between characters. Perhaps everyone could go and get the Trainer cards and starters from the same place? I'm just speaking from my experience haha yours could be totally different XD

Also! Battles could be handled on Pokemon showdown (After the leveling thing is sorted out.)

Those are fantastic suggestions. I have seen Pokemon Showdown, but never actually used it. Though I was thinking on how battles would work. I do think this is a great suggestion.

I agree with you on the regions. That is why I was thinking of only adding more when more people joined. However, I don't necessarily want to limit the Pokemon by regions either.

I guess the next predicament, would be figuring out how to catch Pokemon.

I'm doing an RP that is heavily story based and is mostly common sense based for Pokemon catching and the like.
We could also do our own region so we can have any Pokemon available we wanted.

I'm doing an RP that is heavily story based and is mostly common sense based for Pokemon catching and the like.
We could also do our own region so we can have any Pokemon available we wanted.

I was thinking something along these lines. Creating a region with all the Pokemon in it and allowing all of the trainers to choose from any of the starters from the Gens.

As for catching, I would like to have some kind of system.

I just want the Pokemon people to catch to be realistic. So if someone wants to catch a Gengar, they mus first go to an appropriate location and have Pokemon capable of battling a gengar till it is catchable. As well as sometimes having them get away. haha

I know a lot of people will use common sense, but some may push the limits.

OH! I understand now! Basically you don't want people walking around with one badge and easily getting 5 Dragonite plus a Mewtwo XD

Well we could think about what pokemon are avaliable on the early routes in each region (Ex. bidoof and patrat) and just add in pokemon as the region develops. Dragons and other more powerful pokemon, like usual will have obstacles in the way preventing trainers from getting to them too early. To do this we might have to implement HM's. In my opinion I think that a good way to do this would be to think of the format of the region first and then put what Pokemon are available in what spot.

To begin we could have like two are three towns/cities with some having gyms (or all having gyms) in addition to the "starting" town where everyone gets their starters. While everyone is busy hopping around from place to place getting badges and having other adventures in the roleplay, the other aspects of the region can be developed.

Hmmm we could factor in catch rates in some way? That way not every catch is 100% in the rp.

OH! I understand now! Basically you don't want people walking around with one badge and easily getting 5 Dragonite plus a Mewtwo XD

Well we could think about what pokemon are avaliable on the early routes in each region (Ex. bidoof and patrat) and just add in pokemon as the region develops. Dragons and other more powerful pokemon, like usual will have obstacles in the way preventing trainers from getting to them too early. To do this we might have to implement HM's. In my opinion I think that a good way to do this would be to think of the format of the region first and then put what Pokemon are available in what spot.

To begin we could have like two are three towns/cities with some having gyms (or all having gyms) in addition to the "starting" town where everyone gets their starters. While everyone is busy hopping around from place to place getting badges and having other adventures in the roleplay, the other aspects of the region can be developed.

Hmmm we could factor in catch rates in some way? That way not every catch is 100% in the rp.

Your brainstorm game is strong. I think that is a good idea. Since at least, when every starts out, NO ONE will be high enough to catch Dragonite. lol

Your brainstorm game is strong.
Haha thanks! I get a bit excited when it comes to things I know about. :3
Since at least, when every starts out, NO ONE will be high enough to catch Dragonite. lol
Yeah yeah! Well most of the time, 3rd evolutions can't be found in the wild (Unless its a certain situation like in Gen4 when you can find Gengar in a room in the Old Chateau) So limiting what can be found in the wild would help with this as well.

So That helps with some of the catching. I wonder if something like dice rolling for catching, would work?

Hey, if you're planning to have this open-world and get enough interest let me know. We can get you hooked up with some space in the epic roleplay forums if you need it :)

I wonder if something like dice rolling for catching, would work?
There are random number generators online but there's no grantee that everyone will use them. Well ya can't control everything i guess *shrugs* I believe that most if not everyone will be truthful perhaps?

There are random number generators online but there's no grantee that everyone will use them. Well, ya can't control everything I guess *shrugs* I believe that most if not everyone will be truthful perhaps?

We start that way at first. It may be helpful to start a thread in the Forum as well that has the catch rate of all catchable Pokemon. As well as some other stats that easily accessible.

Hey, if you're planning to have this open-world and get enough interest let me know. We can get you hooked up with some space in the epic roleplay forums if you need it :)

That would be fantastic. I hoping to get some more people interested. I'm going to edit the 1st post with info that has been discussed so far so those who click in can be informed.

I might join in on this, sounds fun, although I can't say I know a lot about pokemon, I've only played Pokemon Pearl. One thing you might have to do for people like me is list the stats of the pokemon, like moves and health and stuff.
There are random number generators online but there's no grantee that everyone will use them. Well ya can't control everything i guess *shrugs* I believe that most if not everyone will be truthful perhaps?
GM could control the catch rates, when a wild pokemon is seen you are the one that responds if each catch attempt works.

I'd also be interested in an rp like this, gym leader or regular trainer, whichever would be needed more. I'll take a more in depth look at things when I get off work this evening.

Thread has been updated! Thanks everyone for all the interest! Some mechanics still need to be worked out, but I now have a good idea of what things are going to look like in the RP. If have questions, feel free to PM me or post here. If we get a few more people who are interested, then I will go ahead and get an epic Roleplay forum made.

Back