Open World Pokemon RP

Ooh, I'm thinking the pokedex should only be added to when a new pokemon is found. But the pokedexs should be a little different than the normal games. Instead, these state of the art ones should be linked together on a network, where if one trainer finds a new pokemon, all the pokedexes are updated and this is shown in the thread. This would promote teamwork between trainers, however I think each new pokemon entry should be accompanied by a trainer ID. This would promote a friendly competition on who can find the most pokemon and add to the pokedex. Maybe?

Also, if someone were to choose charmander as their starter, would another trainer be able to pick him as well? In the games, when you pick a pokemon it disappears and your rival can only choose between two. I'm assuming this mechanic will be the same in the RP, because the choices are much greater

I was going to do it in a similar manner to that, but I hadn't thought of the trainer ID or linking it. I do like that Idea as well. As I said, once a couple more people express interest and I find at least 1 more GM, I'll request to have the Epic forums created and the worldbuilding can begin.

Well if you need anything let me know. Think I may be more than willing to lend any sort of help that you may need. I also had something dealing with Team Rocket on another site so I may be willing to pick up a/the villain if you allow it.

~M

Thanks! At the moment we're trying to figure out places and michanics and getting an epic forum.

Not entirely sure on mechanics considering that isn't something I'm very good at but what needs to be done in terms of locations?

~M

Youll have to ask Ecchi as I havent talked to him yet today, but we still need the cities and routes planned out.

Do you have an idea on how many cities there will be? Obviously will want to add some diversity in terms of the elements. Land, sea, air. Snow, mountains, volcanoes, hidden caves, etc. But as long as the foundation is there I'm sure everyone can expand on the finer corners of the map.

~M

The themes should probably match the gym, yes. Just making sure whether there are any cities without gyms. What themes do we want to go with? Can't recall how many types there are.

~M

Also, mind my lack of input at the moment. Just want to figure where you stand before I try to say much. :)

That all might come in handy although I'm not very good with any sort of graphical application. But it would be fantastic to have an actual map if someone was capable of doing it.

@Oscar: Of course! We are currently in the process of making this an EPIC, and actually getting this thing rolling.

@WiZ: We haven't discussed that. Presently, if I had to suspect, I would lean towards no.

~M

Okay you guys are all setup with some Epic Roleplay Forum space now :)

Ps. I'll join if I can make this guy a character:

pokemonster_hunter__by_endling-d31zv47.jpg

(Just kidding. Honest)

Back