Open [post-apocalyptic adventure] Starting Over

Red Thread Fate

View attachment 7381

Current Status: IC thread started. Anyone who still wishes to join can pop in once your character is up.

Ten years ago, a plague wiped out all of the adults in the world, and anyone of puberty age. Now the survivors have reached adolescence and adulthood. Thankfully the virus has either not returned or they seem to be immune to it. This is a world full of children who have survived the permanent and sometimes psyche-altering scars of either being all alone or having no authority figure aside from other children to turn to. This is not Lord of the Flies. Children are amazingly resilient. However just like any other post apocalyptic scenario, unstable elements do occasionally obtain power. But also keep in mind, they are adults now.

Our group would be of individual wanderers looking for a new home, encountering ruins of modern times and scraps of society here and there. There is almost no modern technology, only what could be sustained for a generation with very little help. (i.e. very rarely local power, running water, and motor vehicles, but nothing that needs to connect to a network like cell phones and pads) As per site rules, no explicit sexual scenes, but romance is welcome. Also I wouldn't mind there being one or more small children in the group. Keep any scenes of violence away from them, though. Some people can't read or write, others do not handle social situations very well. Each one would have strengths and weaknesses, as well as a backstory. What have they done with their lives during the past decade? What was it like before? How much do they remember?

Please don't use real photos. If you must use a face claim, drawn, painted, and other types of art work just fine.

What did they want to be when they grew up? What skills or traditions were imparted to them by parents and mentors? Were they a part of a group, and was it stable or unstable? Have they forgotten things of personal importance? Do they have triggers, for either memory or certain strong emotion? Are there things they do exceptionally well, or terribly badly?

Who is up for a game like this? Looking for between 4-8 characters, but if you like, you can play more than one character. The game would be open ended. Goals and plot would change as we go along. Although there could be an ending if everyone agrees.

Last edited:
@Machina Somnium

What kind of character(s) are you thinking of playing? Also if you have any input or questions, we can discuss while we're waiting.

I'm thinking of one bookish mentor type female character and a half serious/half comedic relief character with his own religion.

I was thinking of making a character that used to live in a village when the adults disappeared. Small place so there were only like 20-30 minors around and they became a close group that has been through thick and thin together. Like a family. But my character is now an adult and wants to explore the world, so they leave one day with the promise to return at some point. The rest of it I have yet to decide.

Sounds like a good starting place. So their motivation is more exploration and finding themselves. It might be interesting to have them run into people they knew who left their village before or after them along the way.

Sounds like a good starting place. So their motivation is more exploration and finding themselves. It might be interesting to have them run into people they knew who left their village before or after them along the way.

Sounds good to me, nice idea!

And then there were four! Yay! Alright. I'm in the midst of making my second character now.

Anybody else who wants to join, you're welcome. Just post a character in the character thread. Maybe we can get this show on the road by the weekend.

I was thinking of a couple of options. Either our characters find each other slowly, like chance meeting and deciding to travel together one at a time, or else there is some kind of event that puts them all together relatively quickly and they are more or less forced to work together.

Alright. I would really like to start tomorrow evening, so anyone else who wants to add characters before we start should have time to get them ready between now and then. Anybody who wants to can jump in later, so long as they follow the rules and have a character up before they post.

I just remembered that I still have to draw her fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... I'll just post the CS then upload the drawing when it's finished.

You can use a found image, you don't have to draw the character yourself if you don't want to. Also you can just use a description if you prefer.

Back