Presente

Ylanne

Professional Agitator
Some of you know me and have known me for any length of time since 2008 and onward, when I joined Gateway. I'm a writer and a roleplayer, and also sometimes, a teacher. I've dabbled in tabletop (a bit of DnD, a few years ago) and super informal live-action, but mostly I live for chat and forum based roleplay. I've always strongly preferred modern/realistic as my ideal setting/genre, but I've gravitated toward sci-fi/futuristic quite a bit in the last several years too and have dabbled in urban fantasy. My solo fiction is pretty much exclusively modern/realistic. My preferred mood for both roleplay and solo fiction is at the nexus of grimdark, gritty, nihilistic/pessimistic, and bleak. (Sorry if you like things lighter.)

1e08lMA.png

So strong preference for modern settings, but dark and gritty?

Have you ever heard of Vampire the Masquerade?

I've not heard of Vampire the Masquerade, no. Is it an existing fandom? Or is it an original RPG?

It's a table-top similar to D&D, but mostly based around Vampires. There are different clans, each notable for different abilities and personalities.

I've just recently opened up a section of the forum for RP dedicated to V:TM, if you'd like to take a look.

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/forums/the-masquerade/

It's set in modern-day London (and a few surrounding boroughs).

It's still primarily in the construction phase, but there's more than enough information there to at least get you started/acquainted.

I'm usually always around and/or available by PM if needed. :)

Not just a tabletop, it's also a relatively successful LARP game.
That being said, they have the disadvantage compared to most LARPs of that their "costumes" are the same as normal peoples clothes. So GM's need to take extra caution to warn their players about what to say where... Cause otherwise you get cases of normies confusing the LARPers with terrorists.

Last edited:
Not just a tabletop, it's also a relatively successful LARP game.
That being said, they have the disadvantage compared to most LARPs of that their "costumes" are the same as normal peoples clothes. So GM's need to take extra caution to warn their players about what to say where... Cause otherwise you get cases of normies confusing the LARPers with terrorists.

That could lead to some incredibly awkward situations xD

I'm just imagining the police questioning now:

OFFICER: Exactly what do you think you're planning here?

LARPER 1: Well, Officer, I was plotting an assassinat --

LARPER 2: Fictional. A fictional assassination. It's a --

CONCERNED PASSERBY: They were talking about a coordinated attack! I mean, you know ISIS is recruiting everywhere these days!!!

LARPER 2: [throws hands in air] It's a game. Made up. Imaginary. Not real. We're terribly sorry, Officer.

OFFICER: A coordinated what?!

LARPER 1: Attack. To gain a political advantage over th --

LARPER 2: For Christ's sake, will you shut up?!

LARPER 1: I'm just trying to explain! Calm your titties!

CONCERNED PASSERBY: Officer, they're really starting to scare me ... and it seems like they're ... everywhere.

OFFICER: All right, that's it. I'm calling this in.

Back