(Re-opening Soon) [Fantasy/Magitech] Tapestry of the Ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
After sitting on it for a while I've come up with something.

My character concept is for a blind outlaw who's originally born to a tribe of people who lived in harmony with the earth. However, the tribe was destroyed after a years-long campaign conducted by a nearby country (or megacorporation, whatever fits) seeking to expand its territory and seize land from the native tribes in order to promote industrialisation. While he fought to stave off the enemy forces for as long as he could, he was eventually captured and blinded as retribution for putting up a resistance. Ever since, he's been wandering as an outlaw, embittered and without ambition, his home and people stripped away from him, left with no past and no future.

I was thinking about his physical journey and his blindness being metaphors for how he's lost sight of his path and is trying to find affirmation for his place in this world - something like that. Let me know what you think :)

@The Speaker I can work with that :) Sorry for not replying sooner. Was feeling really sick yesterday and spent most of it sleeping.

I'll ask you the same that I asked vidari though: Do you have anything in mind for a cultural origin/feel for your character? Or would you like me to whip something up for you as far as a region of the world to start him out in. I'm 100% fine with either. If the latter, toss me a general feel you're going for. IE nomadic groups, big prosperous city, high fantasy culture, low fantasy, humans predominately, mixed races, heavier or lighter influence of magitech, etc.

@Griffith I think I can tie this into the Varnathus stuff I'm going to be doing with one of the other players :) Will make for an interesting dynamic when those two eventually cross paths :x

I think we have enough players for me to start getting things setup. If we get much more interest though I may double some people up, so 2 people per starting arc. Just to keep from overloading myself on posting.

Just a headsup, I work tomorrow, but things are coming along :)

AIMING to have enough write-ups done by the weekend to at least start, even if everything's not finished yet.

Character premise time! fireworks

Dornan was a young, brash ranger that belonged to a small nomadic tribe of wood elves. Following a passive chieftain that wanted nothing more than to ignore the ever-growing human expansion into their forests, Dornan was often labeled a rebel amongst his peers. How could he not be? A group of proud elves sat idle as unwanted change steadily infected everything they held dear.

“We must coexist. Anything else would only cause the the destruction of our people.”

The Chief would say this over and over in his unbearably meek voice, it was torture to Dornan. Something needed to be done. Someone needed to draw a line in the sand.

The time for action came when a group of bandits began attacking the tribe’s foresters, whisking them away into what could only be slavery. Children, women and men alike began to disappear. Their leader did nothing. Dornan could bear it no longer.

Picking apart the slavers had been child’s play for the archer, but what it brought was unlike anything he could have predicted. Fire burned their homes and his people lay dead upon the bloodstained grass. ‘Kill the savages!’ The soldiers had screamed. Dornan’s tribe had became a skeleton of what it once was.

His banishment was effective immediately. The people who once loved him spitting at his feet as he left all he ever knew with a hanging head and dark cloud of shame.

Last edited:
Alright, I got the forum setup: https://www.storytellerscircle.com/forums/tapestry-of-the-ages/ I'm still getting all the countries finished up, but if people want to work on posting up finalized characters as their starting nation/region is posted. Feel free!

I'm going to be using a setting from a couple of my other roleplays as a rough framework. So right now there may be references to countries/regions that don't exist yet. That way we can build onto it with stuff as we go with this roleplay, but I can fall back on the old setting if I need to yoink something quick like for the sake of story progression.

@The Speaker Volaria is posted, and that's where we'll be putting your character to start out.

Hi!, im a bit late and i won't be able to show a lot of activity until june 12th because of irl stuff.

I have three characters that would work here.

A cervitaur, Ezrael Invierno. He belonged to a tribe in which he was a guardian and warrior devoted to a fire god. However he failed to defend his people with his fellow warriors and now most of them are dead. (not all but they are scattered). So now he travels, dealing with guilt, a lost war and also looking for the scattered members of his tribe. (this character is in nexus already)

A centaur/unicorn woman, Ziessel. She travels with her only daughter (Helena) looking for somewhere worth living to raise her. But she's becoming more and more disappointed as time passes and resorting more to violence. Negative character development. (for now)

Zhe_Typer, hes also in nexus. A demon that worked in hell doing paperwork until the building he worked in became frozen and covered in deep snow. Him and a coworker were trapped for a few centuries, fighting monsters that spawned in the basements. Now he has managed to escape through a portal and vows to return for his abandoned friend before it's too late.

Added a bit more to the Volaria overview about the capital city.

Reactions: N0X
Alright, I work tomorrow so won't be able to get much done on the write-ups. Little behind schedule for a weekend opening, but I'll see how fast I can build on Sunday :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Okay, so I have this chick with wings who has an awesome sword. She is from a very affluent family and each time she's reborn, she still has an affluent family.

That's all I got so far... lmao. This is her bio... I never got to use her. ;-;

Even as a child, Laylah made it a point to protect those less capable than her. Despite knowing that being a protector was her destiny, Laylah knew better than to go against what career path had been assigned to her family. Luck was on her side, however, because she was able to do what she had dreamed about as a child. In time and despite her young age, the young adult became not just a fierce warrior, but a protector of all those that needed it. To those that she protected, Laylah was a hero and well-admired, but of course, to those that wished to do harm upon the innocent, she was a thorn in the side.

@Faithy Did you have anything specific in mind for her other than winged humanoid? If not, could maybe slot her into Volaria as an avorian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back