Reaping Widow - Overwatch (Widowmaker x Katie)

Katie

@Widowmaker

For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be God himself.

People can be seasoned to have reactions; to think or feel a certain way after being exposed to an incredibly specific symbol, color, or even item. Trauma to blood could lead to the fear of red, getting electrocuted to near death could lead to a trauma to electricity... human minds were just so very easy to mold in that way. It's so very hard to forget those minute mental scars... it might even be entirely impossible to wipe them from your mind, forced to act like a marionette spasming on its own strings after being introduced to something so frightening and altering.

'...And those memories will force you to forever bear them.'

April 16

It was pouring drastically in the streets of London, classic April weather as the thunderstorm boomed loudly, almost as if to announce that it had arrived... not like it hadn't a few hundred times already. The clear rain pounded on the black pavement of the sidewalk, an unpleasant sound erupting from the trash bags in the alleyway as the rain collided upon them. It was the dead of night... it would normally be just as deathly silent in an alleyway like this if not for the desperate choking sounds of a girl. ...Rain wasn't the only thing dripping that awful night. The body of a man that could only be described as in the crossroads between being an adult and an elder was lying on the floor, the precious red fluid quickly streaming out of his body as it mixed and matched with the rain, eventually becoming too translucent to see any longer.

Reaper, known as Gabrielle Reyes, stood in her ghostly visage. Her clothes soaked with the rain, and in her hand, the very gun that had ended the life of a man. A man with a daughter, family, and seemingly peaceful life. Yet, tugged away inside the man's bloodsoaked coat was a peculiar badge. A round emblem with what looked like a forged Macadonian sigil, Overwatch.

'...They will all pay. Especially you, Morrison.'

"D-Dad... no...! ...T-There's no way that you can leave me like this...! Please, just not like this...!" The young brunette-haired girl desperately pressed her hand against the bullet wound on the man's side, trying to restrict the blood that only gushed out of his body more and more...

Gabrielle slowly approached the brunette, haired girl. Reaper pressed the barrel of her Hellfire Shotgun against the daughter's forehead. The sound of her gun cocking could be heard as she pulled back the hammer. However, just before Gabrielle was about to pull the trigger, she quickly decided against it.

'...Your father had it coming. If you still feel the need for vengeance when you grow up. I'll be waiting.'

The killer's form swiftly dispersed into shadows, Reaper seemingly disappeared like a specter, leaving only the sound of a daughter grieving for her father and sirens behind.

------------------------------------------------------------

Gabrielle materialized at the top of a building near Oxford Street. Eventually, she stopped. A sensation of something stalking her ever since Los Angeles. After all, one does not leave Talon alive. And there was only one person capable of stopping the Reaper within Talon.

'...Widowmaker.'

Last edited:
Before the events of Gabrielle murdering a innocent man, Widowmaker was at Talon's Headquarters, getting ready to pack up for the night after a successful assassination at King's Row. Hanging up her trustee Sniper; Widows Kiss, she was about to lay to rest in her quarters when someone spoke to her on the intercom:

"Widowmaker. Report to the briefing room immediately. You are needed to hunt someone down."

She sighed, before rising from her bed, grabbing her weapon and beginning to walk towards the briefing room. "I had just gotten back from King's Row after assassinating my last target. Who could of possibly warranted another strike immediately after a job was completed? Let's just get this over with." She murmured to herself, pondering what exactly could be the reason why she is being summoned.

After arriving at the Briefing Room, the one who called her pulled up a picture of Gabrielle which caused a bit of surprise from Widowmaker. "Why are you wanting me to hunt her?" She asked, remaining emotionless but still surprised nonetheless. "Yes... It seems you are not aware of what is going on. Reaper has gone rogue. She broke out of her dormroom and has already claimed the life of people related to Overwatch. Her rage and frustration towards Overwatch has driven her too insane, and must be put down." "Are you sure about that? Surely that'd be useful to us." "Yes. It would, if they hadn't of also taken down a few Agents of ours in the process. You have your order, Widowmaker. Reaper was last seen in London, so it should be familiar territory to you." "Understood."

And then she walked off towards the hanger, grabbed a ship and made way towards London.

--- Now ---
She had arrived at London, only to hear a familiar sound strike in the sky. "Hellfire Shotguns. Reaper's calling card." She murmured before looking around for them, to discover them murder a innocent father in cold blood. She stood up high on the roof of a house above Gabrielle, to which she noticed her and spoke her name.

"... Reaper."

She was at a disadvantage. Widowmaker's superior range and unnatural sniper abilities made her own Hellfire shotguns useless. Now there were two options. Either make a run for it or try and take her down. Before Widowmaker could make her shot, Reaper swiftly entered Wraith Form. She became an untargetable mass of shadows, courtesy of the genetic enhancements done by Doctor Moira from Talon's own council. What seemed like black magic, was in-fact Reaper's body disintegrating and regenerating at equal speed.

Gabrielle reformed herself down below on street level, and she demonstrated peak human condition as she dashed through narrow streets and corners to lure in Widowmaker from her vantage point. If she chases Reaper, it would be apparent that she was going run out of buildings and higher ground, as Gabrielle was purposely taking her away from her hunter ground.

The sound of broken glass and wood resonated within a building, as Reaper smashed through it in order to make a short-cut through an apartment block. Families were startled and screamed as they caught the visage of Reaper, who for now was not here to claim their lives. Gabrielle eventually ends up at London Park. A perfect area with enough ground to maneuver in.

"Sigh. Looks like we're playing this the hard way." She muttered as she began giving chase, keeping on as much high ground as possible. Until of course when Reaper jumped through the window and headed towards the park from her judgement, so she grappled ahead of him and was already waiting in one of the windows nearby. She spoke out to Reaper.

"It's such a shame really, Gabrielle, that I was sent to take you down. But you were deemed too unstable to be a asset to us. But a job is a job. For your sake, I'll make this quick." She exclaimed, as she was already lining up her shot, eyes down the scope. She really was cold, as the experiments truly made her a emotionless assassin.

Gabrielle was in Widowmaker's perfect line of shot, and once the shot was fired, she did not make an effort to dodge it. Or rather, the bullet went straight through her. The area where the bullet was meant to hit, quickly dispersed into a formless shadow before Reaper's entire body disappeared.

In a Shadow Step, she emerged in the air, right in front of Widowmaker as both of her Hellfire Shotguns raised towards her. '...That would imply I was one of you, to begin with.'

The following shots were carnage, however, Reaper did not aim for Widowmaker. The shotgun spread missed all around Widowmaker, however, from the window, glass and splinters of wood were flying in every direction, followed by Gabrielle's boots smashing through in a slow motion towards Widowmaker's chest. If Reaper's kick connected, she would knock down Widowmaker across the floor before ending up on top of the sniper. Following, Reaper would attempt to place the barrel of her gun towards Widowmaker's forehead.

"Wha..." Was all that came out of her mouth as Reaper shadow stepped right through her bullet, and began spraying her shotguns around her. Widow had to act fast as she was very much in a deadly close-quarters fight against a shotgun wielder, especially one as deadly as Reaper, so she quickly countered the incoming kick with one of her own, while attempting to grapple out of the way to maintain distance. If the grapple was not intercepted, she would plant a Venom Mine just as she jumps away underneath Reaper, to potentially distract her long enough to setup and line up a head-shot.

It was as expected, Amélie had become a deadly assassin after all the training Talon had drilled into her mind. Gabrielle didn't stop Widowmaker as she launched her Venom Mine towards her. However, the Reaper was faster than she expected, with a swift kick, Gabrielle kicked the venom mine right back towards Widowmaker. Reaper even fired a shot towards the mine as she would detonate it right in-front of Amélie's face. The mine exploding out with a toxic purple fume.

'...We can do this all night.'

"Cough... Ugh. You always were a clever one, Gabrielle~ I knew this was not going to be a simple shoot and disappear~" She spoke with a confident expression despite coughing through most of it. All those experiments, tortures and implants had made Amélie a cold, emotionless killer, as she had one goal in mind, to kill Gabrielle. However she knew it was not a easy feat as Reaper was one of the best agents and super deadly at close range.

Knowing that getting a sniper head-shot was no longer going to work, she smirked while changing her Widows Kiss to Assault Mode. "Guess I got to play things your way. You always preferred to Spray and Play~" And began firing towards Reaper, using her deadly aim to her advantage while spraying bullet after bullet from her weapon.

Reaper exchanged fire with Widowmaker as she dashed across the room, she swiftly slid across the floor before she kicked up a table to act as cover. Obviously, the bullets from Widows Kiss went straight through the wood, and it didn't add to anything but adding some cinematic destruction of furniture. Gabrielle took a couple of shots into her shoulder, causing her to flinch, but nothing else. The bullet went straight through her, with some blood splattering on the floor. Back to back to the bullet-ridden table, Reaper was growing more and more frustrated with this woman.

The moment Amélie had to reload, Gabrielle swiftly moved out from her cover. She was like a shadow as she used her shadow step to emerge behind Widowmaker by several meters. Once she materialized, Gabrielle began to unload her Hellfire Shotguns towards her.

As Reaper had predicted, Widowmaker had to reload as she sprayed a lot of bullets from one magazine, leaving her wide open to a Shadow Step and Hellfire Shotgun combo. Reacting on instinct, she turned to see two such shotguns pointing at her forehead. She quickly went for a low kick sweep to attempt to knock Reaper off of her feet. If this connected, she would then pin her to the ground by planting her heel onto her chest, changing her Widow's Kiss to Sniper Mode, and point the barrel to her head, ready to fire. She really didn't expect to be fighting her partner, let alone having to eliminate them afterwards.

"(Sooner or later, she'll have to quit. I just have to keep wearing them down until I gain the upper hand.)"

Having worked long enough with Widow, Gabrielle was more accustomed to her partner, and it is why she had to do something out of character. As Amélie knocked her to the ground by superior martial arts, she found herself pinned to the ground with Widowmaker's heel against her chest. The rifle's barrel was pointed to the forehead of Gabrielle's mask. '...Not bad.'

In what looked like an act of surrender, Reaper tossed her Hellfire Shotguns aside, a thing she never did. If Widowmaker was caught off guard just for a second, Gabrielle swiftly entered her Wraith Form, becoming pure shadow as Widowmaker's heel slipped through her chest. She moved like a mass of black until she was behind Widowmaker. In a swift act of force, Gabrielle attempted to grab Widowmaker by her throat from behind, then attempt to inject a neutralizing agent through a syringe by hammering it down into her neck.

If the liquid was injected, it would knock out Widowmaker, and at the same time, lower her heart-rate, to what is considered death. This effect would last for thirty minutes, and enough for Talon's HQ to realize that Amélie died.

'...I still have a use for you. Partner.'

"Surrendering already? That's not like you, Gabrie--- What?!" That few second gap in time allowed Reaper to enter her Wraith Form and grabbed Widow by the throat and injected a liquid into her forcefully. She quickly slapped Reaper away from her, but was not quick enough to stop the injection, which caused her to fall unconscious on the floor, and in return, lowering her already low heart-rate.

A top agent of Talon, who sent her on the mission, could be heard on her com-link. "Widowmaker, Status Report. Widowmaker, come in, is Reaper eliminated? Come in, Widowmaker." Silence. This now made Talon believe that one of their best agents were killed in action, which they found hard to believe but had to, as they knew who they sent her against.

Thirty Minutes had passed since then, and Widowmaker finally regained consciousness. She checked for her com-link but couldn't find it. It must of been removed and destroyed. She looked around for Reaper. "Gabrielle, where are you?" She called out, confused at what's going on. Why didn't Reaper kill her?

Widowmaker would wake up in a closed-off square room. Where did Reaper take her? The walls were tight, like a perfect box of steel. Her weapon and helmet had been taken off, along with any weapon or tech she had on her. Gabrielle was inside the room as well, she sat on a chair by the corner, her mask resting on her lap as she was looking down. Never before did she show her face to Widowmaker, but why now?

Without looking at Widowmaker, Gabrielle slowly started to speak. "When Talon kidnapped you and made you kill one my agents. Gérard Lacroix, I felt sadness. After all, the woman known as Gabrielle Reyes had trained him herself. Ever since we became partners, I have been looking into what they did to you. Torture..."

Gabrielle tossed a photography on the ground that slid across the ground until it reached Amélie's feet. It was a picture of her when she was being subjugated to intense torture by Talon. This one showed her being simulated drowning by a man black.

"Neural Conditioning..."

Reaper tossed another photography, this one was of Amélie being strapped to a bed, with several wires hooked into her skull. She looked to be in pain, crying, her muscles tensed.

"Suppression of memories."

Another photograph, this one was Talon Agents injecting several doses of drugs into Amélie to wipe her memories.

"Reprogramming."

The last photo was of Amélie receiving training and education by an agent. She looked emotionless, no feelings on her face as she just took her orders.

"I cannot give you back your memories, but I can offer you freedom, and vengeance." She glared towards Widowmaker, this time, finally revealing her face. Reaper, or rather, Gabrielle looked... younger? Wasn't she supposed to be the same age as Soldier or Ana? She had vibrant red hair, crimson eyes, and a beautiful youthful face. She was gorgeous, yet, her eyes made her look older. They had a deep meaning to them, a certain amount of wisdom and life experiences. Even back in Blackwatch, Gabrielle Reyes went by as Gabriel and used an optical mask to conceal her gender.

"The injection I gave you has a mixed agent inside. A strong amount Methylphenidate. It has some side effect. Such as... Returning memories and trauma."

"What..." Her memories were beginning to flood back in. All the injections, all the kills, all the experiments, all the tortures. Everything was being brought back into her mind. She grabbed the photographs and simply stared at them, unbeknown-st of how much she went through to become who she was. She then took a look at Reaper to see her without her mask, and showed a very clear expression of shock.

"Freedom and Vengeance? Why are you doing all of this? Why care when you went through a similar fate? This is not right..." She murmured, unable to picture fully why this was happening. It was certainly a new experience to feel emotions again, but only just. "Why are you making me go through all of this again? What is your motive?!"

'...My motive is as it has always been. The utter destruction of Overwatch. And I do believe... Talon is in for a change of leadership...'

Reaper looked back towards Widowmaker, without a warning, she moved in fast towards Amélie, she attempted to grab Widowmaker by her throat before pushing her against the metallic walls of the small room. Holding her pinned before pressing their foreheads together. Both of their eyes locked as Amélie could see into the fiery eyes of Gabrielle. With each word Gabrielle said, Amélie could feel her warm breath, brushing teasingly against her lips.

'...Vengeance against the people who took everything from us. Moira did this to me. Made me into Reaper under Talon. And they made you kill your husband. So tell me one thing, Amélie... Are you going to let them get away with what they've done?...'

She felt her breathe against her as she was pushed against the wall, pinned with nowhere to move. Reaper had a point. Talon's goals had practically destroyed their lifes, Widowmaker was tortured and experimented on, causing the death of her husband, Gérard Lacroix, by her own hands. Seeing all that was done to her, having her memories returned, made her feel emotions again, to the point where she began to agree with her former partner's motives despite 75% of them for self-glory. She looked into Gabrielle's eyes and chuckled, wrapping her arms around her.

"Oh Gabe~ You were always an... interesting partner. Even now you tease me to the point of joining your cause and re-forming Talon. Having all this restored, my emotions returning... I've never felt more alive than this. Who would of thought someone who I worked with for years would end up being what unlocks my torment?"

She exclaimed, almost pulling Gabrielle closer as she answered her question.

"Am I going to let them get away with this? No. And if it means teaming up with you again? It'd be a pleasure~"

Gabrielle felt Amélie's arms wrap itself around her neck, pulling her closer, to avoid herself tumbling back from the sudden hug, Gabrielle wrapped her own arms around Amélie's waistline. She listened to Widowmaker's words, yet, she herself remained emotionally distant in her facial expressions. Gabrielle was a beauty to behold, her vibrant red hair, and those fiery red eyes that gazed back into Amélie's own. She was tall as well, one head more than Amélie herself.

'...I see you are regaining some of your... personalities...'

Reaper's voice was different without her mask. It had a soft undertone with the trace of a charming Spanish accent. With her mask on, Gabrielle sounded like a ghost, with a hollow dark voice meant to intimidate her foes. Slowly, however, Gabrielle placed her hand against Amélie's cheek, caressing her in a soft gesture before their eyes connected once more.

'...I thought my old partner wouldn't turn down the opportunity for this... ride...'

"This ride? Mhm. Well considering you've gone through all this effort for me, you're done more than my husband did~ I'd gladly work alongside you for this." She muttered as she planted her hand onto Gabrielle's cheek like she did, and began bringing her face closer. "You know something I just found out about you? You never teased like this before. Usually you tease the fact you're an up close and personal fighter, but this? It's... nice." She muttered as she began to blush. This feeling was new to her again thanks to Gabrielle, and she was pinned against the wall on this one so she embraced it. "Gabrielle?~ What's next?"

'...Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Amélie... You are still unstable from the serum...'

Gabrielle felt a longing for Widowmaker, always did when they worked together in Talon. Their teamwork was top tier, and their mission success rate was about 97 % within Talon's operatives. She admitted that she enjoyed the thrill even back then. Working with Amélie as it felt like it was just the two of them against the world.

The more Gabrielle looked towards Amélie's lips, she just wanted to kiss her. Just pull her in and feel those lips of hers, yet, it was Gabrielle's cold nature to suppress her inner urges towards Amélie, at least, she wasn't capable of making the first move.

'...We'll prepare ourselves. And then, we'll dismantle Talon's bases one by one. I have people inside the ranks, who would rather follow ME than the useless council. With the majority of Talon's assets in our hands. The council will either follow us... or die...'

Reluctantly, Gabrielle tries to break out of Widowmaker's embrace, if Amélie allows her.

"Of course..." She let go of Gabrielle and dusted herself off, looking a bit disappointed but shook it off. She looked around for a moment before turning back to Reaper and smirked. "You know, Gabrielle~ If we're going to do this, we'll need a place to setup and we're going to need a lot of supplies. And how can we be sure your agents are reliable? They still work for Talon's agenda." She put on her usual serious and professional facade, looking around for her equipment. "What's the first step then, Reaper? I assume of course you have a plan of action?~"

Back