New User Relatively new writer looking for Criticism and new RP partners

Royan

The thread title shows exactly why I chose this site. I'm mainly looking for criticism on a lot of the stuff that I currently have ideas for, as well as simply hints and tips on what I'm doing. I have a few settings and ideas relatively concepted but am lacking a bit of motivation and a few key details missing out on the overall world development. I'm unsure if here is the place to post the general settings? So I'll leave that to when I start actually hosting forums. While I'm here for criticism on my own things, I'm also in search of other roleplay partners as well! Simply I need more people to bounce ideas off of and do things with.

As for what I enjoy? Typically, my enjoyment definitely focuses around fantasy. Modern and sci-fi fantasy especially! Normally a lot of what I do involves dragons of some sort, simply because I adore them as a concept. High levels of magic, either introduced by some otherworldly place or already present within the world, is generally what I go for in my settings and roleplays personally. The character I named this profile after, Royan, is a tiefling and one of the main characters to one of the settings I wish to further develop.

A little bit about me and my roleplaying history:

Starting out back when I was probably 12, the first ever experience to roleplay I had funnily enough was through Roblox. I admit, it's a pretty bad origin point but I found a group of 6 that made for this pretty massive scale roleplay involving some adventures and misadventures together within the one dragon rp game I frequented. It turned into this massive thing where we were playing the decendants of our original characters in massive adventures where we all controlled at least 5 characters at once each... It was hectic, and it was really really bad, but that was my first draw and experience to that. Growing up that went on for 6 years before everyone started graduating from highschool and moving on. We kept in contact but eventually everything broke up. During that time, I never really searched outside of that group since we always did something together, and it wasn't until I was 18 that I developed my actual skills back at RPnation.

Granted, that didn't last long at all. I was busy with life and stuff and I couldn't keep up with forum things at the time. A lot of things didn't actually pick up for me again until some forum I don't remember posting an ad in got replied to. An email notified me that someone dug through to 6 months ago in the archives to contact me about interest in rp. That person changed pretty much everything and corrected all my bad habits and is the sole reason for why I'm such a good writer today. We still talk, but have odd time schedule conflicts and don't do as much rp together as we used to.

The other exploits that I have done aren't much at all. I've met constant people from friends of friends to random groups I join on discord and I can't seem to find anyone that is interested in holding a long-term roleplay for more than a week before disappearing and never talking to me again. I host my own things, they go pretty well until everyone just becomes inactive, no fault of myself, despite my best efforts to provide a fully interactable setting to explore and plots to go down.

I suppose this site is where I take my next little dive into a roleplay community and hope to come out more improved than before. I can't think of much else to say here, so, I suppose I'm open to any questions asked! If I forgot to put things here, or anything needs clarified, do point it out.

I look forward to getting involved in another community!

Welcome to STC. Be sure to check out the member approval guide. If you've got questions you can ask me and I'll see what my raccoon brain knows. So, what is your favorite part about writing?

Welcome to STC. Be sure to check out the member approval guide. If you've got questions you can ask me and I'll see what my raccoon brain knows. So, what is your favorite part about writing?
I've already checked those out and am currently just browsing the linked forum places! As for my favorite part for writing... Hm... That's a good question.

My favorite part about writing is just the flexibility it gives you to create. The ability to lose yourself in another reality. Another character. Another place. It's typically why I avoid things focused around Earth. There's just so much more out there that is possible. Writing is the ability to share all these creations that I've made with others, and to see theirs.

Greetings and welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

Just wanted to let you know that your account has been approved. You can now access all areas of the forum.

I'd love to give you feedback on any writing! And roleplay as well, I love any concepts and fantasy is one of the few I dive into full force. Dragons sound super fun! If your interested pleased let me know!!

I'd love to give you feedback on any writing! And roleplay as well, I love any concepts and fantasy is one of the few I dive into full force. Dragons sound super fun! If your interested pleased let me know!!

I would definitely be interested in talking more and just brainstorming. Do hit me up in a message or something. I'm not sure where to start honestly XD

Back