1x1 Remember

Josh

Big Josh Energy
View attachment 10836

The beautiful sun shone over Kent farm on an early morning's day. Shelby. the Kent family's loyal dog laid lazily in the right corner of the Kitchen. His master, Clark Kent, was not home. Currently the young man was doing research for a story for the Daily Planet in Metropolis. The Farm wasn't as active as it was in the past. With Jonathan's death, Clark's new job, and Martha being a Congress woman in D.C, most of the time, it was normally at a standstill. Not That Clark didn't do all the chorus everyday by himself, before he would leave, of course. Having superpowers has its perks. However, today was not that normal. The Congress woman was home.

Drinking her coffee, Marth Kent sat, reading her newspaper. Congress wasn't in session at the moment and did want to visit the farm. As she turned her head away from her paper, her eyes glazed outside. Old memories rushed over her. Good and Bad. Many great moments at this farm. Visions of spending time with Jonathan, Clark, Lana, Chloe, and others brought a smile to her face. Martha also had many painful memories many deaths happened here. More deaths than any farm should have. Many times, she mourned in this very spot. However, just as many, if not more lives were saved here as lost.

While on the subject of lost. Clark had been off the last few months. While she got the general idea what happened. A massive multiverse event brought man different people together, While Clark told her a lot. About Jason Todd, Road, Alucard, and others Clark was usually private about the details. Lucio, a young man Clark met during the event visited for a time, she got most of the truth out of him. Clark was controlled. That he killed people. It was jarring. Not even under Red Kryptonite did he kill people! However, just as jarring? What happened with Lex, and Lana? Martha confronted him about all this info, and the two made peace. More important? That he was okay with what happened. While he was of course hurt, he told his mother he was okay. That's all she could do, she had to trust him

Knock Knock Knock*

Martha's head wiped back into focus. Standing up, the Women, coffee cup in hand, walked to the doorway.

"Just a moment!"

Martha wasn't expecting a visitor. Maybe the mail man? Taking her time, she slowly unlocked the door.

"Can I help you?"

View attachment 10841

"Ah, good morning, ma'am. My apologies for appearing unannounced," the silver-haired young woman behind the door spoke, greeting Martha with a cordial smile, befitting of a maiden in the garb of a chivalrous knight. She gave a slight bow, completely normal procedure for herself, but perhaps a bit too formal, even in the presence of a Congresswoman.

"Does... Clark happen to be here? I'm a friend of his, you see, and I've got some business that I must attend to with him," she continued. Her manner was professional and courteous, truly giving off the air that she was an authentic knight from the real Middle Ages, but with the sensibilities and foresight of a modern woman.

In the time that had passed since the Revanchist War and the Zero Hour, Riesbyfe Stridberg had spent much time truly adjusting to her new life on Avalon. With the multiverse seemingly at peace for at least a fortnight, the Holy Knight was able to truly reflect on her life, and everything that had led her to where she was now. Her memory of Point Zero was still rather hazed, a side effect of the manner in which she was discovered, but with the therapy of her new comrades and the vivid testimonies of the other surviving participants, she was able to gradually piece together her memories again, one by one, like a puzzle, if not a blurred picture slowly coming into focus.

But of course, time waited for no one, and while Riesbyfe was happy to observe this time of peace, she knew conflict and strife would never be too far behind the innocent. And just as she knew she couldn't stand by while others were in jeopardy, she knew Clark Kent felt the same way.

@Josh

View attachment 10844

"Clark isn't here right now, but you're more than welcome to come in. I have a fresh pot coffee in the kitchen that should be ready soon." A reassuring and kind smile appeared on the congresswomen's face as she waved the young women in. "I'm Martha, Clark's mother."

As the knight walked into Kent home, a warmth echoed as you entered inside. An indescribable feeling of comfortably radiated as she passed the living area and into the kitchen. As Martha lead Riesbyfe into the kitchen, then to the family table, Martha, smile still on her face faced the knight and took a seat.
View attachment 10843
"The coffee should be done soon. Any friends of Clark are welcomed in our home. No need for you to apologize. I haven't caught your name, but I have a feeling you're Riesbyfe? You're that young woman that met Clark during that...event." Martha shook her head. The knight could tell Clark's mother was somewhat aware of what transpired when Clark and the knight met. "Clark spoke about you a lot. Especially when Lucio came to visit a few months ago. I have to say, from Clark told me, I thought you lost your memory. This business doesn't retain to any of that mess, I hope."

@Ver

Last edited:
View attachment 10866

"Oho, goodness me. So he's told you about me, has he? More than I even recall happening, I wager," the silver-haired woman chuckled bashfully as Martha hazarded to guess who she really was. Riesbyfe Stridberg was knightly enough to hold an appropriate degree of modesty when it came to herself, though she wondered if she was out of her element, having to recall such an event that she -- to this day -- struggled to recount in vivid detail.

Time healed all wounds, and slowly yet surely, Riesbyfe did begin to remember the events that went down in multiversal history as Point Zero, but it would be quite a bit of time until she was able to fill in every single blank. Not that it bothered her too much; the event seemed well-documented enough thanks to the efforts of Clark, Lucio, and all of the other surviving participants that it wasn't as if it was a mysterious blot in her memory, but it still nagged at her just a tad.

Standing upright in the kitchen as Martha led her inside, hands formally crossed behind her back, Riesbyfe nodded toward Martha's words. "Yes, my circumstances among the other survivors of that event are... unique. I did not arise from it unscathed, but with every day that passes, I am able to recall more and more. And while I'm not here to discuss that event in particular with Clark, it is a matter of grave importance. For others, possibly even life or death. The kind that I am sure he is more than used to by this point," she said with a distant smile.

People like herself and Clark, if there was one thing they had in common beyond their gifts, it was the fact that they knew it was their responsibility to use their gifts to protect the world and the people in it. It was one thing that Clark had quite the array of fantastic powers at his disposal that would make him an asset for their prospective mission, but more than anything, knowing the kind of person he was, he just wouldn't have been able to stand idly by if he knew there was someone who needed help, who needed saving.

"Sometimes, it seems to me like he views his abilities as a heavy burden to bear, and yet... at the same time, curious, it feels as though he wouldn't have it any other way. Yours is a very curious young man, Ms. Kent, but I suppose a man is only as good as the values imparted upon him, hmm?"

@Josh

"I can't speak for Clark, but If people are in danger, I think you know the answer." The reassuring smirk on Martha's face glowed as she took the knight's left hand in friendship as it rested on the table. Listing intently to the knight's words Martha shook her head in understanding "Let me Share something with you."

Standing up, Martha left the room. For a few seconds, Riesbyfe was all alone. Coming back quickly, however, Martha had a few different books carried in her arm. On inspection, the knight could tell the books were Family albums, along with Clark's yearbook. Thumbing her way into one of the books, a young picture of Clark and his father was in view. Clark was about 10, maybe 11. Martha's eyes wandered off the picture and was now longing the young knight in her eyes.
View attachment 10871
"One day, Jonathan and I were driving when, suddenly, meteorites rained down all over Smallville. It was Harrowing. We almost hit one of them, flipped our truck. Lucky neither one of us were hurt. Even Luckier? As we laid in the truck, a toddler walked towards us. Little two-year-old boy, crawling out of a crater. The boy was Clark. We didn't find Clark, he found us."
View attachment 10870
Flipping the photobook again, Martha continued.

As much as Clark loves both of us, he's his father's son. Jonathan, my late husband, he adored Clark He was the one who drilled the right values into Clark. We always taught him to be honest, kind, truthful. Most importantly? Never to abuse his gift. He was never allowed to play sports, or to rough house like most boys. It wasn't till his senior year Jonathan let Clark play football, and even that was a fight. It was hard on him, it still is, even if he won't admit it. As much as he enjoys his powers, I know he just wants to be a face in the crowed. He always had to keep friends at arm's length before he told them.Chloe, Pete, Lana." Stopping suddenly, Martha sighed. "Is it true? About Lana?"

@Ver

Last edited:
Riesbyfe maintained a quietly formal demeanor as Martha left briefly to fetch what appeared to be photo albums and yearbooks. Mementos of their past, tokens of remembrance that Riesbyfe did not have the luxury of. She tilted her head slightly as Martha recalled how she and her late husband had come across Clark in the first place, how their fates intertwined for the first time. The Holy Knight was only vaguely aware of Clark's predicament, the reason why he even had such powers to begin with, but it was still intriguing all the same to hear it clearly.

Of course, all things considered, the implication that Clark seemed to be from another planet was far from the strangest thing Riesbyfe had heard. Even before she had learned of the greater multiverse, there were always rumors back in her home world about the extra-terrestial nature of the True Ancestors, beyond the Crimson Moon and his child, the Type-Moon, but Riesbyfe was loath to compare Clark to the Type-Mercury if she was going to go there anyway.

On the other hand, perhaps what Riesbyfe couldn't relate to quite as much was Clark's struggle to keep his abilities hidden from the world at large. There was the "normal" world of people who knew nothing of magic where she came from, but of course, Riesbyfe had been born into the community of mages where she was able to freely nurture and train her abilities, though before Riesbyfe could ponder on Clark's circumstances -- and the implication that he had perhaps found his kin with the Coalition and the other organizations -- however, the woman's brow furrowed as Martha asked about Lana.

View attachment 10880

"... Yes, I'm afraid so. I don't remember many details about that incident, but... I'm afraid I do recall vividly that poor girl who met with a regrettable fate," Riesbyfe said, shaking her head solemnly. As a knight who was more than accustomed to battling ghouls and demons that preyed upon the innocent, Riesbyfe was more than used to breaking the news to the victims' next of kin, but for better or for worse, it was never something anyone should be able to get used to.

She was only vaguely aware that this Lana had a close relationship with Clark, as even Riesbyfe could tell her passing weighed heavily on his mind even to this day, and perhaps it went the same for Martha as well. "If it is any consolation... The organization who recovered us, saved us from that incident... They had also arrested the man responsible for it as well. Lex Luthor, I believe his name was? For as long as anyone else can help it, he will never hurt anyone ever again."

@Josh

Standing up, Martha wandered towards the kitchen window. Gazing outside for a few moments, a wave of grief washed over here. A deep sigh rang out. " Maybe it's about time I let her Aunt Nell know. What do I even say? Everybody thinks she's missing. "I was hoping one of the three of you would give me a little hope, but you all confirmed my worst fears I knew Lex was vicious, but this? It's a new low. Clark took the death hard. To say he was in love with her would be an understatement. Since we a kid, it's always been about Lana. I know he's been in flunk since her death, I'm just scared he'll never get out of it. Maybe there is something heavy enough even Clark can't lift."

View attachment 10887

Shaking slightly, she sat back down. "Ries, like I said earlier. you're welcomed here as long as possible. I have to go into town soon, pick up somethings. I can introduce you to Chloe. I know she'd love to meet you."

@Ver

View attachment 10908

"I can only imagine how hard Clark must be taking it. For better or for worse, he seems to be rather experienced with hiding his true feelings, but to watchful eyes, the matters of the heart cannot be hidden so easily," Riesbyfe said, shaking her head somberly. What could she truly say to assuage the pain in moments like this? Normally, for other people, it would be enough to know that the perpetrator would never hurt anyone again, but even the Holy Knight could see Martha was not one for vengeance, so much as justice, no matter what. Certainly, a quality that had also been passed down to Clark as well.

When Martha spoke once more, the silver-haired woman nodded. "Thank you, that sounds lovely. I would be thrilled to learn more about the place and the people that made Clark the young man he is today. Perhaps that would even help me get to know him better than I did during our first incident to begin with, before I even lost my memory," she let out a soft chuckle, hoping to lighten the mood. "Clark is encouraged to keep his powers a secret from the world at large, yes? Does this Chloe know the truth as well?"

@Josh

"Chloe knows. She's has been one of Clark's best friends for years. However, Clark never told her. You see, the meteor shower that brought Clark here? Those green rocks are called Kryptonite. I think you're aware of it. It makes Clark very sick, and slowly kills him. Those landed around here and, overtime, gave people powers. Chloe always was interested in that sort of thing. She always been a journalist at heart, so Clark was relucted to tell her. However, she found out one day because of a girl named Alicia. Alicia was a girl who gained the ability to teleport because meteors. They both found out about each other's powers, and they clicked. A lot like you and Clark, it seems. However, she was troubled at first. She became obsessed with Clark." Martha paused as she stood up and got ready to leave.

View attachment 10910

Martha smiled slightly as she seemed to remember something, her eyes almost impish. "Alicia stumbled at first. The first time I met that girl, she was half naked on top of Clark. Anyway, she was place in a hospital. she got the help she needed, they reconnected again. He brought the best out in he, and she got on the right path. Granted, she did drug him with red kryptonite., and they "got married" in Vegas. Luckly nothing was signed legally. Unfortunately, she was murdered. " Martha voice became somber. "You ready to go into town? I'll drop you off at the Talon. Chloe lives in the apartment above the place. I'll her know she has a guest. Since you already know Clark's secret, she the one who can fill you up on everything more than I can. She actually enjoys this."
@Ver

View attachment 10922

"I... see. It sounds like this little town has quite the rich history, if I may," Riesbyfe merely commented as Martha recalled what seemed to be the event of this Chloe discovering the truth about Clark. It was quite a story that took a bit to unpack mentally, despite how casually Martha seemed to tell it. The Holy Knight was vaguely aware that Clark had a natural weakness to this Kryptonite, but different colors with different effects? She certainly had a lot to learn (or re-learn) about Clark, it seemed.

Once the moment had passed and Martha asked if she was ready, Riesbyfe nodded. "Yes. Hopefully I shan't stand out too much in these garbs, but I suppose it is of little consequence either way," she breathed. Having expected only to meet Clark and leave just as quickly, Riesbyfe hadn't even thought about strolling into town while she was here, but things worked in mysterious ways.

"Ready whenever you are."

@Josh

"Sorry if that was a little much. You have to understand, being a part of Clark's life is a lot. And I'll be honest, sometimes even i need someone to talk to about it." A reassuring smile as she led the holy knight outside. Getting inside Martha's vehicle, the two passed the Kent family farm sign as they drove into town. The holy knight would get a good look at the landscape. Beautiful fields on both sides. The first corn stalks popping out of the ground. It was peaceful. Truly God's country.

Back at the Kent house, there no with no one insight, metal nails and screw popped out of the nearby fence, a man steps out of the shadows as the screws and nails circled his right hand like the planets do to the sun. Walking towards the Kent's door, with a wave of his left hand, the door opens. A smile on his face as he walked in. Taking a seat on the couch, he put his feet on the coffee table.

View attachment 10924

"I hope Clark won't mind that I let myself in."
................................................................................................................................................................

View attachment 10926

"We'll here we are! the Talon. This was an old theater back in the day before Lana restored it with Lex's help." A sadness slipped slightly from Martha's voice before she recovered. "I was the manager here for a good wild. A lot of good memories. There she is. Chloe! I'm glad you got my message."

The Talon was not that busy, to be fair, it never was. It was a good day if it made more than four-hundred dollars in a day. However, a small woman, short blonde hair waved at the two as Martha lead the holy knight. The two hugged. It's good to see you! How's the wedding plans for you and Jimmy going."

"It's defiantly going. We just booked the venue. So, this is Clark's knight in shining armor? The famous Riesbyfe?"

Reisbyfe, this is Chloe Sullivan."

View attachment 10927

"Bout time we met. It's finally great to put a face to a name. " Clhoe offered her hand to the Knight. As the two stood face to face, Martha looked at her phone. A frown as she shook her head. Admittingly turning herself towards the door.

"I have to go to my office. Staffing emergency. I'm so sorry to leave you, Ries, it was great meeting you. We'll talk more later Chloe, can you give Ries a ride back ho
me?"

"No problem Mrs. Kent.
So, I have to ask, is the Multiverse in trouble or did you just a social visit from our local "Farmboy of Steel"
A Cheshire cat grin appeared on the journalist face as the two moved towards a private table

@Ver

View attachment 10991

"Aah... Perhaps a bit of both, you could say?" Riesbyfe said in response to Chloe's question after Martha had come and went on her way again, the silver-haired woman pressing her fingers against each other as she spoke. "I'm not entirely sure how much I'm at liberty to divulge, but it is true that there is an... outstanding matter that requires some tending to. And with Clark's great power, I was hoping to enlist his help on resolving it, but... I suppose I'd be lying if I said that was the only reason I'm seeking him out," she admitted sheepishly.

As hazed as her memories were of Point Zero, Clark was at the forefront of a good chunk of them, alongside others like one Cullen Bloodstone. Riesbyfe saw Cullen often enough as it was, as the two of them had just about settled on Avalon, and though the boy kept his heart close to himself as it was, the woman was able to get a good read on what kind of person he was.

In contrast, Riesbyfe hadn't gotten much opportunity to interact with Clark. The Holy Knight had been so occupied with catching up on everything she had missed during her time comatose, as well as trying to recover her memory and finer motor functions again, she hadn't even realized Sion was also acting as an operative for ODMA until after the end of the Revanchist War, which both she and Clark had been fighting in at the same time.

And now... Here she was. The Revanchist War was over, and peace -- fleeting as some might feel it is -- had finally returned to the multiverse, and yet it was the emergence of another possible threat that seemed the only thing that could finally bring Riesbyfe to confront Clark properly.

"If you don't mind my saying, Ms... Sullivan, was it? Smallville is a very peculiar town from what Martha has told me about it. But I can see how it has helped to form Clark into the fine young man he is today," she spoke. "To that end, do you know where he might be during this time of day by any chance?"

@Josh

Last edited:
View attachment 11005

"Please, just call me Chloe. And why am I not surprised you got caught in famous "Clark Kent" charm? Even with your memory loss, I told Clark he left an impression on you. Trust me Ries, you're not the first. Mostly because I'm pretty sure I was the first, but that's ancient history now. "
Sipping her drink, Chloe playfully shook her head. "As much as I found this whole "multiverse" thing super intriguing, and my whole inner journalist screaming to dig into this story, I won't pry. As much as I really, really, want to. I have to say though, you might want to alter your look while you're here. No offence, I love it, but you look like what would happen is the Pope programed the matrix."

A sigh, as she took another sip of her coffee. This woman did look exactly like Clark. Smiling, she nodded. "Officially? Clark's working a story for the Daily Planet in Metropolis. Apparently, there was "break out" at Belle Reve Sanitarium. Unofficially? A lot of those people that broke out, Clark put them there. Eric Summers, Geoff Johns, Tim Westcott, Tommy Lee all out. A whole "Clark Kent revenge squad" out in the world. And if there after Clark, that means they're problem come for me or Mrs. Kent. Luckily, Clark's on the ball. Let's just say teamwork didn't make the dream work. He's just cleaning up the loosens at this point. So, we're fine. Do you want a muffin or something? you must be hungry from the whole "Multiverse travel thing. Does it give you jetlag?"

@Ver

View attachment 11014

"Haha, is that right? Well, as long as the two of you are still on good terms, I suppose," Riesbyfe said in response to Chloe's initial statement about the so-called Kent charm. "Though, permit me to say, even though we have just met, I am hardly surprised you've managed to bounce back with someone else so easily, as Ms. Kent has told me. A beauty like you would certainly have turned heads where I come from," she said, before giving a brief hint of a wry smile. "Besides, even I am quite aware of how... dense Clark can be. You can surely do better. Just between us girls."

After Chloe spoke, the Holy Knight tilting her head slightly as she had to question what this "Matrix" was supposed to be, she raised a brow as Chloe explained the situation about a supposed breakout at some sort of institute, surely some place housing unstable people from the sound of it.

Riesbyfe kept it to herself, but in particular, she had to wonder what kind of person would have such a silly name as "Geoff Johns." How embarrassing.

Still, if Clark had that covered by himself, then surely there was nothing to worry about, right? Especially now that Riesbyfe was here, should any loose ends need to be tied. So she chose not to show any fear, instead giving the blonde a somewhat confused look.

"Jet... lag?" She blinked in confusion. Loath as she was to admit it, Riesbyfe barely even knew what an airplane was or how it worked. Such was the manner of mages from her world, who barely interacted with the technologies of man, but that was another story for a different time. "Traveling across dimensions is a relatively simple matter... once you have the appropriate technology. Thankfully, whoever engineered these devices are a true master of their craft, but I confess to not knowing very much about how that all works."

Of course, there was a droll humor Riesbyfe had to admit to in the notion that observation of other timelines was a principle that stumped even the most talented researchers of magecraft in her world, but she figured she shouldn't bore Chloe with those kinds of details.

"In any case, a snack sounds lovely. Far be it from myself to deny a darling request."

@Josh

View attachment 11015

"Maybe Clark really is denser than I thought." A raised eyebrow followed a smirk appeared on Chloe's face. "You know, Clark talks about you a lot. Like, a lot a lot. You definitely made as big impression on him he did on you. I guess i got the wrong idea" The Smile faded away the young women's demeanor changed. "I guess we have to talk Lana eventually. The fact you were there for him when Lana died, it meant a lot. Asking did Clark Kent loved Lana Lang Is like asking "does the sun rise in the morning. Literally, one time, when Clark all his memories, and didn't know anything, the first time he saw Lana, he fell in love with her! It was insane! When I did have feelings for him, I knew I never stood a chance! because i was facing that! In the end, we all just though, you know. They'd figure it out. They're Clark and Lana. Even after she left him this last time..." A tear struggled to fall off Chloe's face. "She was my best friend, like a sister to me. And the fact that, when he talks about you, you know what i see? The same, goofy smile he'd give when someone mentioned Lana since freshmen year. Look, I don't know how Clark feels about you, he never told me. But I know you're special. And let's be real, Of course I can do better than Clark, but I'd settle."

A laugh left her mouth as she got up to retrieve Ries's food. Still fighting tears, Chloe wasn't convinced Lana was really dead at first. It's Lex Luthor they were talking about! Chloe knew he hated them, but the whole staging and the events to Chloe? It was..off. She couldn't put a figure on it. Bring back two blueberry muffins. "You know, I really shouldn't eat these before the wedding in a few, but what's a few carbs for new friends?

Unwrapping her muffin, Chloe fingers tapped on the table. "I'm sorry if that last conversation got pretty heavy. Look, since you're a part of the inner circle now, should i give you the whole "Clark Kent True story, right now? Then we can take off, go back to the farm and wait for Clark. How does that sound?"

@Ver

View attachment 11024

"Is that so..." Riesbyfe breathed as Chloe willed herself to bring up the elephant in the room, that of Lana's death. "I couldn't possibly fathom losing someone so dear to myself. I've only been in this land hardly an hour, and yet even I can see how much this Lana must have meant to you all," the Holy Knight said, struggling a bit to sympathize. Perhaps the closest she could ever come to relating was her relationship with Sion, back to that time Riesbyfe had sacrificed herself while battling the Night of Wallachia back home, but then perhaps it was Riesbyfe herself in that situation who became the woman that was longed for. And even after she finally reunited with Sion by sheer fate, perhaps she is still that woman who is yearned for by others, the one who is dearly missed.

"I am happy to hear that, even if in some small part, my mere presence is able to alleviate Clark of his pain, but... I do fear I may not be able to live up to his expectations. Not only as a replacement for Ms. Lang, but also as the Riesbyfe Stridberg he once knew during Point Zero together. I dare say, he has known the person I am now -- the one with a gaping hole in her memory -- for longer than the person I was during that time," she said with a breath, shaking her head.

Once the conversation was steered back into a state of levity however, Riesbyfe was able to read the room, and helped herself to the muffin that was offered to her, a soft smile tugging at her lips. "That sounds delightful, Ms. Sull--I mean, Chloe. There are still many things I hardly understand about Clark, and the nature of his powers, so I imagine we have a lot of ground to cover."

@Josh

View attachment 11034

Lightly touching the Knight's hand, Chloe smiled. "Look, you're not the first one to worry about not living up to Clark's standards. I don't know how much you really remember about him, but you should know he's very understanding. Clark doesn't give up on people. Be it memory lost or bad actions, Clark always seems to keep the faith." A light chuckle. "So, where should we start this whole "Clark Kent story?"

The two women chatted for a good while as Chloe filled in the details about Clark. How he and Lex met, how he found out where he was from, and his adventures during high School. Encounters with Brainiac, the Zoners, and the arrival of his cousin Kara. His long-time tension with his father, Jor-El, along with all the color in the ra Kryptonite rainbow. After a few hours, and laughs shared, the two left in Chloe's car, on their way back to the farm.

After a few minutes, the two arrived. The weather was starting to turn south. The sky lightly darkened as car rode down the driveway. Chloe dug into her purse, pulling out a small brass key. "I'll meet you inside, I got make check some things."

A Ries got out of the car, Chloe's eye was transfixed on her device. As the knight walked up the front steps and put her hand on the doorknob, surprisingly, the door lazily drifted open. Something was slightly off as she walked inside. turning her head, she could see that Chloe, still in the car, was trying to open her door. To no avail.

Then the front door slammed behind the knight. The room looked the same as she left it, but something was off. Someone was her. A voice rang out from the shadows. Light clanging and other noise seemed to be coming from the kitchen

View attachment 11035

" So, you're back? Without Mrs. Kent? Here I was hoping you were Clark. I've been waiting for hours."

Crackling energy, lit up the room Suddenly, the knight would feel a large "bang" coming from her side as metal picture frame knocked her slightly off kilter. Then, the metal she was wearing on her person, dragged her into the kitchen, and smashing out of the kitchen window, tumbling to the barn. Slowly walking out the kitchen, the man smirked, kitchen knives circled around him as he leaned against kitchen door.

"Are you still awake? I didn't catch your name before you're fall there. I guess Clark never told you about his old buddy Seth? The guy he put in a coma for six years!"

@Ver

View attachment 11053

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm afraid Clark's not here right now. Perhaps you can leave a message," Riesbyfe only said lowly as the strange, unfamiliar boy initially made himself known to her, not even reacting as the door loudly shut behind her, nor when the clanging sounds came and the lights flickered. She was a demon hunter, after all, and even monsters tended to enjoy a taste for the theatrics every now and then like humans did, so any attempt at psychological trickery didn't work on the woman, who had slain more vicious monsters than she could remember.

Before she could say any more though, that was when Riesbyfe would that she was being dragged around like a marionette by her metallic gloves, the control over her own position being taken away from her for a moment before she found herself crashing through the window. The Holy Knight managed to brace herself just in time in order to minimize any damage from the fall, but it still took her another while to recover her breath and gather her bearings before standing upright again, just in time for her to get a good look at the boy and the knives that circled around him, as though he were using magecraft. Or rather, was it... those meteor-afflicted people that Martha had told her about?

"N-Nngh... No, I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure of hearing about you. You must not have meant very much to Clark," she spat out spitefully in response to the boy's pontificating. "But I'm willing to wager he must have had a good reason to put you in a coma if this is how you greet people," Riesbyfe went on, wiping some stray blood off her lip.

"After all, I can tell no one ever taught you how to treat a lady."

Without needing any more provocation, Riesbyfe let out a battle cry as she ran forward, charging straight at Seth and raising her arm as though preparing to throw a wide swing toward him, choosing not to summon her shield, partly since that would have been rather excessive, even for a boy with such a fearsome power, and partly for fear she might accidentally wreck the house if she weren't careful. Just as well, since it seemed she had yet to wisen up to Seth's power.

@Josh

View attachment 11069

"Settle down there. You shouldn't try to hurt my feelings."

As the knight charged forward at full speed, the boy smirked as he flicked his hand left. suddenly, a tug from the knight's gauntlet pulled her towards that direction, sliding into the ground. The sheer force caused the ground to be unearthed. laying near an old, red tractor, Seth seemed like the cat who caught the canary.

"It'll just make me angrier!"

With another wave of his hands, the knives, nails, and screws rained towards the knight. The smaller objects dug into the knight, as Luckly the small, kitchen knives didn't go into deep. As she laid down, still recovering, she could see the tractor, slowly start to rise into the sky.

"Don't worry, you'll see Clhoe and Clark soon enough!"

The tractor was now ten, maybe Fithen feet above the knight, suddenly, it started falling towards Ries.​

"Wh--?!"

Riesbyfe could only gasp out as she found herself flung into the side by whatever mysterious power Seth had under his belt, the air being knocked out of her as she hit the ground. Well experienced with fighting demons and monsters that could otherwise send a human flying with their strength easily, Riesbyfe managed to recover quickly, rolling back until she found herself in a crouched position facing Seth, just in time for her to see him fling the kitchen tools at her.

Using her thick metal gauntlets, she did her best to bat away the flying blades, but she didn't walk away completely unscatched, wincing slightly for every cut that made its mark, but she didn't let that falter her resolve.

As she saw the tractor rising up and dropping down right on top of her, Riesbyfe made a judgment call, reasoning that she had no other choice but the one she was about to pull.

"Apologies in advance, Mrs. Kent, but..."

Crash!

As the tractor began to drop on top of her, instead of crushing the woman, a loud crashing sound would pierce the air as it was suddenly propelled back up into the air by the force of Riesbyfe's punch, her metal gauntlet working in tandem with her magically imbued super strength to accomplish such a feat.

"... surely you'll be able to afford a replacement!"

Of course, Riesbyfe was no fool. The first time, Seth had used his power on her inside the house, and once he flung her again the second time, the woman figured it out. If his power was to manipulate metal, all she need do is discard her gauntlets... and she knew just how to go about it. She felt somewhat awkward without her shield Gamaliel, but Riesbyfe knew it would do little to help her here against Seth's power, and even then, such a move would be overkill against an otherwise normal human, so she'd have to settle things in a more crude manner than she was accustomed to.

Without missing a beat after the tractor landed to the side, Riesbyfe dashed forward right at Seth, taking off her right gauntlet and throwing it right at the boy like a baseball, and then following up by thrusting her now bare right hand forward, hoping to get a choke hold on the boy!

@Josh

Back