Demon's Broken Promise Removed

happydeath

All posts that are in character within the Neutral Zone should be done here. These include: Sky Reach Sanctum, The Contaminated/Restricted Area and when it comes to wandering anywhere or interacting anywhere in the Neutral Zone in general.​

Revan flew over to sky reach sanctum's balcony, landing with a rustle of feathers. The two ravens cawed as he entered the room, settling on their perches as he sat in his chair, waiting for the other leaders to arrive.
His chair was a work of art, a raven's head above his head and wings surrounding him. He adjusted the darkness cloaking him and made sure no one could see any of his skin or his eyes. He slipped his chain out of his robe a little bit, spinning it around mindlessly. The Chair was not comfortable. It was solid stone, a reminder that he must not get comfortable in his role as Leader.
"Wyrda!" Huginn screeched.

@happydeath @Mai_able @Vague o3

Last edited:
Lysandra Pheonix
Lysandra arrived at Sky Reach Sanctum, a little bit lost in thought about what was going to happen. Once she came in, she stood behind Revan's chair, her arms crossed. Ravinca was the first to arrive, apparently. Seeing that, she spoke up. "We can talk about this later, Revan, but what do you intend to do about the attack yesterday?"

(So from what I've read Lysandra is allowed to be here. If I'm wrong, please tell me and completely ignore this post, I'll delete it.)

Revan sighed and shook his head.
"I'm going to ask my brother, Cron about it. He is very knowledgeable about hook swords."
Muninn cawed and chanted: "Whereas one might be two, two might be one!"
Revan frowned - not that anyone could see - and said, "Maela, Muninn."
Revan shook his head.
"After that, I don't really know. I'm planning on bringing it up this meeting and seeing what they think the best course of action is."
He shrugged.
"It's their problem, too... A potentially dangerous fragokinetic is something that effects all of us."

Last edited:
Kasdeya landed on the balcony of the Sanctum gracefully. She closed her wings using her finely manicured hands to brush the stray strands of her hair to her back. She walked through the balcony door, her moves fluid and sexual. Her eyes lifted as they landed on a raven and a brown-haired girl. She could only assume the bird and his second in command was already here. Kasdeya walked past the pair admiring the girl's figure for a moment before sitting in her own chair across from them. "I see your early again Revan." She sat in her chair, pleased with the comfort it provided, as she leaned on her hand and gazed at the pair. Her eyes flicked up to Lysandra, "Still as beautiful as ever I see Lysandra." Kasdeya smiled, sitting back in her chair as her arms rested against its arms.

Revan nodded tersely at the woman as she entered the room.
"Freohr Auga." his voice changer making him seem powerful, authoritative, and mysterious. Everyone thought it was his real voice.
The title he had given her was not an insult, but a sign of grudging respect. Her powers were great, there was no doubt about it, and she had more control over them than he.
He did not approve of most of her actions, but it was not his place to judge. The Four were as close to equals as any in the Haven, and he would do well to remember that.
His birds, however, did not share that respect.
"Wyrda!" Screeched Huginn.
"Empty love is a poison!" Screeched Muninn.
"Maela," Revan said quietly, stroking the white bird's feathers. He shared the same sentiment, but it was impolite to say so out loud.
"You must forgive them, they are fickle beings. All I ask is that you think about what they say. They have an uncanny knack for predicting future events and seeing what ails people."
Revan chuckled, remembering his first few encounters with the birds, how they had stabbed right through to the heart of his problems.
"They also normally have double meanings.

Last edited:
Kasdeya narrowed her eyes at the bird, "Annoying little creatures." She sat back in her chair as he calmed them and spoke. "Nothing ails me Revan. Though your birds are right." Kasdeya chuckled allowing a smirk to grace her features. "Love in itself is poison, though I like to serve my conquests daily." She gave him a flat look before sighing. "Have you any idea why Avaddon summoned us?"

Revan shook his head slightly, partly at her ignorance and partly to answer her question.
"I do not know, Freohr Auga. Cold Eyes Warm Heart is mysterious."
Revan chuckled again.
"Almost as mysterious as me."
Huginn Screeched again, "You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self,"
Muninn Screeched then, "Only then will your true self reveal itself!"
Revan chuckled again at the twisted nature of their sentence and shook his head again. If the birds felt it was important, they would speak despite his orders.

Last edited:
The Sanctum sat regally in the middle of Haven. For Glumisun, the structure towered ominously over everything. It reminded her of her failure as a leader and as a daughter. This was why her second-in-command was the one who attended the meetings instead of her. She could never really feel comfortable in this area. What? with the mythical prison just below them? Who could? Well, maybe Avaddon.

Mist has already enveloped the floor on where she stood. Glumisun blinked. How long has she been staring at the Sanctum? Taking a deep breath, she placed her gloved hand on the giant door and released a bit of her magic. "Entan [Let's go]," she whispered in defeat before stepping into the meeting chamber.

Three figures; two females, one cloaked being. "Greetings," she announced, inclining her head to their general direction. She unstrapped Chaos' Song from her back and gently placed the boxed weapon on the table. "It... It has been a while," she murmured, giving a slight bow to both Kasdeya and Lysandra. She didn't know if she would just throw etiquette out of the window and hug the females or offer them a polite hand-shake.

Turning to the cloaked one, she gave an impish smile. "Nice to finally meet you, Leader of Ravinca," she stated formally.

Last edited:
Revan smiled at her, not that she could see.
But for the first time, he strangely wished someone, her, could see. It was a strange feeling.
Revan spread his arms slightly in a welcoming gesture, immediately thinking of a title.
"Well met indeed, Skulblaka Hjarta."
"Wyrda!" Muninn screeched.
"The heart is a fickle beast," Huginn screeched.
Maybe it was her Naivety, the fact that his eyes seemed to be drawn to her. It was refreshing to see someone that was not so experienced in the politics of this world. Or maybe it was the fact that she, to his experienced eyes, so obviously didn't want to be here. Something he could relate to... the role of leader fit him like a glove with four fingers. He knew she could relate to that. Or maybe it was her pheromone secretion, although his filter should have filtered that out... maybe it was faulty. He would have to tweak it later.

Last edited:
Lysandra watched the exchanges carefully. When Kasedya complemented her, she smiled at the obvious flattery and replied, "Thanks, Kasedya. You, too." She didn't let it soften her or let down her guard, as she was still painfully aware of every breath these people took, but was glad that someone had noticed her.
When the three figures came in, Lysandra nodded politely to them. Glumisun seemed unsure of what exactly to do. Lysandra didn't mind if she came over and gave her a hearty hug, or handshake.
She didn't miss, either, how Revan's gaze seemed to follow Glumisun. How his posture shifted. She smirked just the tiniest bit on the outside, but her eyes glittered in a way that suggested her smirk on the inside was much bigger.

Last edited:
nqCLCO7.jpg

1d9a0980a17d236d79f962d2af2711f3.png

Time Of Day: Early Morning
Weather: Light Drizzle

Knowing all too well that he was probably going to be the last one to arrive at the meeting chamber since he decided to walk rather than fly his way there; Avaddon eventually arrived into the Neutral Zone and continued on his way straight towards the tower. On his way there, he had made sure to grab himself a copy of the newsholo that a little human boy had been handing out to everyone that was up at this time. "Thank you little one. Keep up the good work, and go buy yourself some breakfast." As he thanked the child, he made sure to toss him a small credit chip that was enough for quite the feast as the boy bowed his head even if he hadn't known that the man who just gave it to him was the leader of the Black Rose Clan.

While swiping across the holographic screen to read through the local news of what was happening throughout the Neutral Zone, the title of one of the articles being 'Murder of ten people in the past two days.' caught his eye in an instant. Skimming through the article only to find out that the authorities ended up investigating and finding out it was the cause of feral demons, Avaddon squeezed the device till it shattered the screen as he tossed it into the nearest trash can. "I need to hurry.." With that, he quickened his pace to reach the Sanctum.

Taking mere minutes to finally arrive at the front doors to the sanctum, the two guards who stood at the doorway opened the doors to the cloaked figure even if they still were unaware of who was underneath it at the time. Without a word to either as he entered the lobby of the tower, Avaddon headed straight for the elevator that was on the opposing side of the room all while stepping out of the way of both humans and demons alike that wandered the lobby; whether they were getting checked in to their rooms, relaxing in the lobby or leaving the tower for the day for whatever reason they had to take care of.

After entering the elevator, he pressed a red button that was at the bottom of every other button on the side panel as it closed the doors and quickly shot the elevator to the top floor.

From there, Avaddon left the elevator and was greeted with a long brightly lit white hall that had a black door at the end with two figures; a male and female standing side by side dressed in black and white suits. Removing his cloak as he walked down the hall till he was standing before the two strangers, they both peered their gaze at Avaddon with their pitch black eyes before speaking in unison. "State your rank and your business." As the two spoke, tugged the collar of his hoodie to one side just to reveal his clan symbol for a moment. "Avaddon De' Angulis. Leader of the Black Rose. I have summoned for a meeting with the Leaders." After addressing the questions with his answer, the two began to kneel with their heads lowered in respect to a leader being in their presence and allowing him to pass.

After opening the door and entering the large circular room. The sight of the other leaders already being present and in their seats had been no surprise to Avaddon. "Greetings all and apologies for my lateness...I was taking a stroll to get here." As he approached the large table before taking a seat into his own chair, the symbol of the Black Rose's clan began to emit a purplish glow above the seat as Avaddon exhaled a deep sigh. "I'm sure you're all wondering why I've called this meeting so suddenly. Well...to get straight to the point. I'm not sure if you have all been paying close attention or not but rise in numbers of ferals is starting to become quite the issue. I don't know how, but they're starting to escape the restricted area. I have my best engineers checking on the barrier around that area right now...but whatever is causing their numbers to increase is also making them much more violent." With every word he spoke, his piercing gaze shifted among every person to see what they might have to say as he leaned forward on his seat just to rest his arms upon the table with his hands clasped together along with his fingers intertwined.

Lysandra stayed quiet, turning this problem over in her mind. It was not a good thing, but she wasn't about to panic and let go of her logic. She decided to let the leaders talk first and help if needed. She didn't want to be overly talkative or to undermine Revan's authority, so she stuck to her decision to keep quiet unless needed. She watched as different leaders reacted differently, how some tensed and panic rose up in them, and how some started thinking of solutions, ways to help that they could offer, like Lysandra was. There was a glitter of nervousness in her eyes, a glitter of restlessness. Like she should be out there, doing something, helping her people, instead of just standing here.

Glumisun has to blink twice when the ravens started talking. Though she has yet to understand what was the title was and what the white raven stated, she gave off a light chuckle; voice breathy. "Truly, yet one's heart takes a stubborn turn if it could not take what they so desired," she stated. "We are a stubborn specie." She winked at the black one. She was about to give the two from Ravinca a hand-shake when the missing leader entered with such a flourish.

"And the main actor entered the stage," she mused. Avaddon was always like this.

Pursing her lips together, she moved to her seat but decided to stand. She wrinkled her nose in distaste when Avaddon's seat glowed. Another reason why she did not like sitting on those ornate chairs; they reminded her of her rank among these people. Her ears perked upon the news. She shifted from her position, placing one delicate finger on her lips in deep thought. "Yes, I have noticed that the barrier have cracks on its foundation. I'll send some of the scholars to help with the maintenance and maybe find the cause of how the ferals are breaking away from their usual home," she announced. "If granted permission..." She stopped herself from continuing, knowing that said permission would be denied. The more sane ferals could still be healed but they were easier to capture and experimented on. Those insane were more dangerous and she was not going to risk her people capturing one.

A sigh escaped her lips. "A full blown investigation should take place." She needed to talk to the officers about this. "Are the growing number of murders related to the growing population of the infected?"

Last edited:
Revan nodded slowly in agreement when Cold Eyes, Warm Heart made his small speech about the Twisted Ones, and again when Skulblaka-Hjarta made her suggestion. She was a good leader, he thought, she cared for her people and spent more time with them than usual leaders would. It did not escape him that she had decided to stand, with obvious contemptuous looks toward the chair. It could not be more obvious. She thought she was unfit for the role, but she wasn't. Her vary reluctance made her perfect for it, in his opinion. But it was not his place to judge.
Revan leaned back and whispered to Huginn.
"Gánga thar." Revan said, ordering him in the Old Words.
Huginn and Muninn spread their wings and flew out, towards the Quarantine area.
Then Revan closed his eyes, and he started seeing everything the ravens did. He had never understood how their link worked, but it seemed like sometimes they had one mind... no. It was more like they were tiny pieces of a larger being... an author of the world....
What was he thinking? That was crazy...
Anyway, it was bad. It really seemed like their numbers had increased...
He opened his eyes and focused back in on the meeting. The ravens would give him a report when they got back.

Kasdeya smiled at Glumisum and Lysandra, she would stand to hug both the enticing ladies but Avaddon had made his grand entrance before she got the chance. She never understood why he walked, his flying form was something she enjoyed seeing. He was after all handsome and therefore caught her gaze more than often, as did every pretty thing walking past. Hearing the news she frowned, of course she had seen the increase of ferals, it had become a pain in her side. Kasdeya leaned on her hand watching Avaddon as he spoke, her gaze flittered to Glumisum as she suggested to assist. At the moment she wished she had a chalice full of her favorite drink, it might ease the headache that was sure to come.
"The murders are undoubtedly related. If they continue to grow, they'd soon outnumber the people not infected." Kasdeya straightened herself, lifting her chn off the back of her hand to sit back in her chair and cross her legs, crossing her ams under her chest. "If you are looking for help, I can send people to begin gathering ferals. If they are left to run rampant it will only cause more problems. Though I make no promise that they will all be alive...Have you found the source of this new strength they possess?" She lifted her brow gazing at Avaddon, her eyes running from his face to look him over. For an iceberg she surely enjoyed the view.

Revan looked to Freohr Auga as she began to speak, her wandering eyes not escaping his own.
"I, too, can send people to help, as well as my own... personal assistance if need be. Although, like Freohr Auga, If non-lethality is important, I might not be the best person for the job..."

Lysandra's iridescent eyes caught everything that happened. "I can help as well, wherever you want me to," she spoke up at last, offering her help as well. She had a lot of questions-
We're they going to tell the people? Ask them to maybe report any ferals? Would that do more panic than good, though? Were they going to try to keep this a secret?
Haven City was just that: a haven from demon-hunters. If these ferals escaped and ruined their reputation, the humans might think that the Demons were to dangerous, even in Haven City.
She might bring those up later if nobody else thought of them. These were smart people.

Back