Question Roleplay Format Do-dads

Rainjay

a jay in the rain
Hi there! I'm new (can you tell?) and was poking about and had a few questions about the set up of things, if you'll bare with me:

So, I've seen the epic roleplays. Open world with multiple plotlines? How exactly do people go about starting those? How intensely are they moderated for activity?

I've also seen sub-forums under the genre categories for in-character roleplay. How do those differ from the epic roleplays and regular play by post? How does a person receive a sub-forum for their roleplay?

Thanks! ^.^

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/epic-roleplay-guidelines.346/

You'll find all the information on the epic roleplay guidelines here. As for how they differ from other roleplays is just that epic roleplays are large open-world roleplays with no real single/linear plot line with an established beginning/end. They're ever growing and ever evolving and generally are designed to support large numbers of players (sometimes dozens or more).

The multi-thread roleplays (what you saw in the sub-forums of the play-by-post roleplays) are large roleplays that need more than one thread, but don't fit the criteria of an epic roleplay. They may have a lot of players and the characters may be split up across multiple locations and threads, but the story generally has a singular plot-line with an intended resolution. That said, sometimes multi-thread roleplays do grow in size and magnitude that they get switched over to Epic Roleplays later on.

Regular play-by-posts are just standard single thread roleplays. They're usually a small group of players who only need one thread for their roleplay.

Back