Seeking 1x1 or Small Group for Demigod/Mythos RP!

Rainjay

a jay in the rain
Introduction

Hi, I'm Rainjay (or Rain, or Jay, or whatever). I'm new to this site and am looking for a few people who might be interested in making a small roleplay about demigods. I haven't put too much thought yet into it all, since I'm hoping to meet some new people who might be interested in coming up with a story with me! We can use real gods for our mythology (Greek, Roman, Norse preferred) or we could make them all up and a fantasy world to boot! However I am looking to take the new Wonder Woman movie for a spin and use some of those themes in our story: perhaps our demigods don't know their heritage and originate on a timeless island, maybe they're from an all-female Amazonian-esque culture, etc.. You don't need to have seen the movie to participate, though.

What I'm Looking For

A few things I'm looking for in potential roleplay partners...
  • I'm not going to say I'm a great writer, but I do like to have a couple paragraphs per post in most cases and expect basic grammar and spellchecking.
  • Active writers. Since I'm looking for 3 people at most, it's safe to say that I'm also looking for a take-charge group of writers who aren't afraid to direct the story and take it in new directions. Not one single GM, but 3-4 people creating the story together.
  • General activity. I can be a slow poster sometimes but I would like there to be at least one post from somebody a week. Otherwise I tend to feel like the roleplay has died. And I really want to have some frequent OOC chatter. I'm looking for people I can be friends with.
Ideas/Themes
As I mentioned previously I don't really have any solid plots, but I had a few ideas which I'm hoping to find someone to work with on developing. So I've listed some of my thoughts, and if any of them happen to strike your fancy this may be the next fun project for you!
  • Badass women: I'm a huge fan of the Amazons/Valkyries simply because they're all-female groups with a badass role to play in their stories. I would love to either take one of these groups or make our own and put that into the story. This isn't to say I'm against having male characters in the story, though I personally am looking to play a female superhero of sorts.
  • Coming of age: Wonder Woman is a coming of age story if you look at it closely. I enjoy these types of stories since they allow for some really fun character development; you know you won't be entering the story with any character at the end of their development arc. It's got space for some fun dramatic moments, too.
  • Gods: Whether fictional or real pantheons are used, I would like to have our story and characters have some sort of relationship to a pantheon of deities, though I would prefer our primary protagonists be no greater than demigods.
  • Action and adventure
  • Epic quest: For whatever reason, our characters leave home for an epic journey to save the world in some way or another (Percy Jackson, anyone?)
So, if you're interested, shoot me a message or reply here! I really look forward to getting to know some people on this site and coming up with a really fun story to tell.

I am interested. Count me in!

If interested in talking more, feel free to start a conversation.

Last edited:
Back