Status
Not open for further replies.
Epilogue – Sunrise

With the source of his power now cut, Bane’s demise came unexpected even to him. The onslaught of attacks only left a broken and charred corpse in his defeat. Still Aquawoman was not taking any chances and stabbed her trident into Bane’s corpse for added measure. “I believe that Bane has perished, but what now?” She looked over the gathered group waiting for an answer.

“There was another device that might catch your interested.” Catman responded motioning to where Harper and the others had returned from.

Aquawoman came up close and stared the man down. “Show me.” It didn’t take long for them to backtrack into the white room they had been previously. Aquawoman went closer to inspect the thing that clearly resembled a portal of sorts. “No doubt we have found the device that brought us here…but what will we do with it now?”

As she said that a portal emerged not far from the gathered group. “I believe I have a suggestion for that.” A group of individuals emerged.

Catman was ready for a fight but Aquawoman smiled and joined the new arrivals. “Do not worry, they are here to help.”

“We finally found you, Aquawoman. We have been trying to pin point your location ever since your disappearance, but it wasn’t until now that your signal started coming in clear. To everyone else here. Thank you for keeping her safe.”

“The Justice Incarnate are grateful for what you have done here.” The man with a large S on his chest seemed to be the leader of the team floated over to get a good look at the gate that the group had found.

“Superman, do you believe that you can send the others back to their respective realities.” Aquawoman asked. “I believe that some of them are far beyond the barriers of our own multiverse, much like the other beings that Bane has summoned to his Gotham.”

Superman floated silently in the air for a moment before replying. “With the technology at our disposal that should not be too hard.” Before he said anything else Superman’s ears perked up and a smile crept up on his face. “Though I believe our new arrival will do what is necessary.”

As he finished another portal emerged signifying the arrival of yet another. “Multiversal mischief beyond the borders of our own? This sounds like a job for…”

“Nix Uotan! Superjudge!” After a brief investigation of the device this so called Superjudge said his piece. “Fascinating yet crude technology. I believe I have found a way to reverse what brought you here and send you an everything else that was brought to this dimension back to their rightful place. After that is done we will destroy this device by dropping it into the nearest sun so that none of its technology can be used by anyone ever again. With my cosmic awareness I know the trials and tribulations that all have you went through here, so I will allow ten minutes worth of time so that you can say your farewells and I reverse the process. Say your piece, for this is no doubt the last time a lot of you will ever see each other ever.” With that the final piece of this daunting journey stood before them. Saying their goodbyes.

Cast list

@Minerva as Ann Takamaki
@Ver as Aoko Aozaki
@Neko Shogun as Aqua
@Crow as Ben Tennyson
@Takumi as Bishamon
@Lucky as Corey Bryant and Mason Hewitt
@Widowmaker as Dante
@Gummi Bunnies as Goro Majima
@thatguyinthestore as Harper Row
@dark as John Connor
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Jotaro Kujo
@Atomic Knight as Makoto Naegi
@Josh as Manchester Black
@Kentucky as Officer K
@Yun Lee as SeeU
@Kaykay as Soujirou Mibu
@belVita as Stanley Burrell
@York as Terry McGinnis
@Archmage Jeremiah as Trixie​

"W-Wait!" SeeU looked at Superjudge with concern over her features. "Does that mean I'll never get to see anyone here again?"

@Jeremi

"W-Wait!" SeeU looked at Superjudge with concern over her features. "Does that mean I'll never get to see anyone here again?"

@Jeremi

Superjudge had a rather sad look on his face as he spoke next. "For the sanctity of the multiverse and all the threads that hold it together we can't risk another massive breech like this. I'm really sorry, but that's how it is."

@Yun Lee

Epilogue – Sunrise

With the source of his power now cut, Bane’s demise came unexpected even to him. The onslaught of attacks only left a broken and charred corpse in his defeat. Still Aquawoman was not taking any chances and stabbed her trident into Bane’s corpse for added measure. “I believe that Bane has perished, but what now?” She looked over the gathered group waiting for an answer.

“There was another device that might catch your interested.” Catman responded motioning to where Harper and the others had returned from.

Aquawoman came up close and stared the man down. “Show me.” It didn’t take long for them to backtrack into the white room they had been previously. Aquawoman went closer to inspect the thing that clearly resembled a portal of sorts. “No doubt we have found the device that brought us here…but what will we do with it now?”

As she said that a portal emerged not far from the gathered group. “I believe I have a suggestion for that.” A group of individuals emerged.

Catman was ready for a fight but Aquawoman smiled and joined the new arrivals. “Do not worry, they are here to help.”

“We finally found you, Aquawoman. We have been trying to pin point your location ever since your disappearance, but it wasn’t until now that your signal started coming in clear. To everyone else here. Thank you for keeping her safe.”

“The Justice Incarnate are grateful for what you have done here.” The man with a large S on his chest seemed to be the leader of the team floated over to get a good look at the gate that the group had found.

“Superman, do you believe that you can send the others back to their respective realities.” Aquawoman asked. “I believe that some of them are far beyond the barriers of our own multiverse, much like the other beings that Bane has summoned to his Gotham.”

Superman floated silently in the air for a moment before replying. “With the technology at our disposal that should not be too hard.” Before he said anything else Superman’s ears perked up and a smile crept up on his face. “Though I believe our new arrival will do what is necessary.”

As he finished another portal emerged signifying the arrival of yet another. “Multiversal mischief beyond the borders of our own? This sounds like a job for…”

“Nix Uotan! Superjudge!” After a brief investigation of the device this so called Superjudge said his piece. “Fascinating yet crude technology. I believe I have found a way to reverse what brought you here and send you an everything else that was brought to this dimension back to their rightful place. After that is done we will destroy this device by dropping it into the nearest sun so that none of its technology can be used by anyone ever again. With my cosmic awareness I know the trials and tribulations that all have you went through here, so I will allow ten minutes worth of time so that you can say your farewells and I reverse the process. Say your piece, for this is no doubt the last time a lot of you will ever see each other ever.” With that the final piece of this daunting journey stood before them. Saying their goodbyes.

Cast list

@Minerva as Ann Takamaki
@Ver as Aoko Aozaki
@Neko Shogun as Aqua
@Crow as Ben Tennyson
@Takumi as Bishamon
@Widowmaker as Dante
@dark as John Connor
@Kentucky as Officer K
@Yun Lee as SeeU
@Kaykay as Soujirou Mibu
@York as Terry McGinnis

Dante-devil-may-cry-11372762-908-645.jpg

"So. That's it then. It's all over. Whew... It's been an interesting adventure, as is every adventure I've taken a part in so far. I'm actually kinda glad I had this experience with you all." Dante muttered, standing proudly with his sword standing to the ground.

First off: Ben.
"Hey, Kiddo." Dante exclaimed, looking towards Ben Tennyson. "It's been a wild ride. Never thought I'd partner up with a ten year old but you? You're something else. I've never experienced a ten year old with such strong tactics, abilities and someone who was more social-able. I actually hope to meet you again someday, so we can maybe kick some more ass together."

@Crow
Second: SeeU

"Hey, SeeU!" Dante yelled, walking towards her. "At first, I never thought that a Vocaloid was real, and that they were just singers. But you? You're special." He even knelt down after saying that, then resumed. "Making all these people as your friends? Even to a Demon like me? That takes a lot more than just some singing program. And after assuming what happened during that Hallucination acts? You're a very fragile person, but one with a big heart. I actually hope to see you again, maybe in a more pleasant environment. SeeU? I kinda wish you were my partner instead of Trish. She's... uh, not exactly the friendliest of the people I've worked with. Remember what I said? About not changing who you are? Hold that promise for me, would'ya? I'd hate to find out the next time we meet that someone ruined your innocence, haha!" He laughed before standing up and smiling.
Devil-May-Cry-4-Dante-dante-39278434-500-350.gif

"It was really nice knowing ya, SeeU. May we meet again sometime."
@Yun Lee

Third: Harper
"Hey, Harper!" He exclaimed, running over to her. "I know we didn't exactly get off on the wrong foot, and we probably still have bad relations because of that slap recently, which still freaking hurts..." He exclaimed, rubbing the cheek in which she had slapped. Must of been a hard one if it still hurts even now. "Take care of yourself, okay? Even though I get cocky sometimes, doesn't mean you should. Ya? Later."
@thatguyinthestore

Fourth: Jotaro.
"..." He remained blank for a moment before giving him a thumbs up. "Again. I'd never want to piss you off. But you're pretty cool. Haha..." He laughed nervously before giving a small smile.
@CrunchyCHEEZIT

A voice could be heard from the portal. Sounds like someone from Dante's world. And they are angry.

"Dante! Get your butt back here pronto! While you were gone, the surface had been crawling with demons! That Portal we were supposed to investigate opened up!"

latest

"Whelp. Can't say any more goodbyes otherwise I'll get into even more crap with Trish. We were on a mission before I got pulled here after all. Man, my luck with girls is not great, is it?" Dante then walked towards the portal, turned around and ate a slice of Pizza.

latest

"Mmm, mmm! Pizza here is lush. Mhmm!"
"DANTE!!!"
"Laters!"

And then Dante walked through the portal, never to be seen again.

FIN​

Epilogue Addendum: When Life Gives You Lemons

Life was not looking up for Felix.

Not only had he not been paid for the job he completed, but he got literally punched through universes on top of it. Now, in truth, Felix has never believed in the multiverse until Bane had contacted him. Kill some members of this group for me, and you'll get paid. Pretty simple job, right? Well, it obviously wasn't, considering the fact that Felix was currently mindlessly floating between dimensions in some sort of comatose state.

Felix was eventually flung into another dimension, however, and he was quickly thrown to the ground at full force due to the laws of gravity taking their effect once again. Landing with a loud
THUD!, this was enough to wake Felix up.

“F-fuck… where… where am I? Wh-what happ--” The memories came flooding back to him all at once almost instantly, like he had been hit by a train going full speed and then some. And, after all these memories came back and he had time to process it all, the mercenary grit his teeth before slamming his fist into the ground, looking up at the sky, and screaming.

“GRRRRAAAAAH!!!! FUCK YOU, JOTARO!! I’M GONNA FIND YOU, YOU FUCKING HEAR ME?!?! I’M GONNA FIND YOU, AND I’M GONNA KILL YOU, AND YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR FRIENDS!!! LET’S SEE WHO’S WORTHLESS WHEN I’M USING YOUR KID’S BLOOD AS CREAMER FOR MY GODDAMN COFFEE!!!”

Needless to say, Felix wasn't happy.

Taking a few deep breaths, Felix stepped back and examined his surroundings. Was he covered in… snow? Where even was he?
As he did some walking, he happened to come across a crate with the words “UNSC” inscribed on it. Could this be… his home world? Opening the crate, he found… his helmet. Felix stared for a moment before putting it on, breathing a happy sigh as he did so.

“I hope you appreciate the gift.” Came a polite sounding voice. Turning around, Felix saw nothing but darkness and snow.

latest

“Who the fuck said that?” Felix asked, quickly drawing his pistol and looking around for the source of the voice. Then, appearing almost literally out of thin air, was one man. A man who some had thought was a myth. Like a campfire story kids tell each other.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Meta.

“The fuck? You… you're not supposed to be real!” Felix asked as he held his gun out towards the man, though even he seemed intimidated by the super soldier.

cB4v.png

“I can assure you, Agent Felix, that we are very real.” Spoke the Meta’s AI, Sigma, who appeared just as suddenly as the Meta did. “Please, lower your weapon. There is no need for violence.” Felix hesitantly agreed, lowering his weapon, though not completely pocketing it. “Very good. Agent Maine and I have a proposition for you, Agent Felix.”

latest

“...I’m listening.”

To Be Continued...

Y13.jpg

"... Oh."

Aoko could only blink as Aquawoman's squad, the so-called "Justice Incarnate," made their appearance after Bane was handled, conveniently showing up in the nick of time to let them return to their own world. Through passing words, Aoko was able to piece together that while it seemed they had a basic grasp of the idea of the multiverse as well, it appeared that the scope of the whole thing was even greater than they had imagined. And from the way they all dressed and looked, the girl could only imagine how... cerebral, for a lack of a better word, their own world must be, if they weren't from this one. Maybe a world parallel to this one, considering all the costumed... lovely people here. Whether by using Bane's technology that allowed him to take everyone here in the first place, or use of their own, either way it looked like they were all free to go now.

Normally, perhaps Aoko would have felt inclined to learn more about how Bane got the means to pull others from different dimensions like that, especially if their worlds were so far away, considering Aquawoman believed there were only 52 worlds in all the multiverse initially, but it seemed like something that was up to them to figure out. After all, once she'd get home, it wouldn't be her problem anymore. And she already had plenty of things to worry about back home anyway.

But before she could return home...

She'd have to do something about all this.

Walking up to Jotaro, the man towering even higher over her than before now that Aoko was even shorter now, standing at roughly 5'3, she cleared her throat and sighed.

image.png

"I'm sure you had lots of fun with that power; being old seems to suit you, but if you don't mind... I'd like to get back to my normal age. Ready?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited:
Dante-devil-may-cry-11372762-908-645.jpg

"So. That's it then. It's all over. Whew... It's been an interesting adventure, as is every adventure I've taken a part in so far. I'm actually kinda glad I had this experience with you all." Dante muttered, standing proudly with his sword standing to the ground.

First off: Ben.
"Hey, Kiddo." Dante exclaimed, looking towards Ben Tennyson. "It's been a wild ride. Never thought I'd partner up with a ten year old but you? You're something else. I've never experienced a ten year old with such strong tactics, abilities and someone who was more social-able. I actually hope to meet you again someday, so we can maybe kick some more ass together."

@Crow
Second: SeeU

"Hey, SeeU!" Dante yelled, walking towards her. "At first, I never thought that a Vocaloid was real, and that they were just singers. But you? You're special." He even knelt down after saying that, then resumed. "Making all these people as your friends? Even to a Demon like me? That takes a lot more than just some singing program. And after assuming what happened during that Hallucination acts? You're a very fragile person, but one with a big heart. I actually hope to see you again, maybe in a more pleasant environment. SeeU? I kinda wish you were my partner instead of Trish. She's... uh, not exactly the friendliest of the people I've worked with. Remember what I said? About not changing who you are? Hold that promise for me, would'ya? I'd hate to find out the next time we meet that someone ruined your innocence, haha!" He laughed before standing up and smiling.
Devil-May-Cry-4-Dante-dante-39278434-500-350.gif

"It was really nice knowing ya, SeeU. May we meet again sometime."
@Yun Lee

Third: Harper
"Hey, Harper!" He exclaimed, running over to her. "I know we didn't exactly get off on the wrong foot, and we probably still have bad relations because of that slap recently, which still freaking hurts..." He exclaimed, rubbing the cheek in which she had slapped. Must of been a hard one if it still hurts even now. "Take care of yourself, okay? Even though I get cocky sometimes, doesn't mean you should. Ya? Later."
@thatguyinthestore

Fourth: Jotaro.
"..." He remained blank for a moment before giving him a thumbs up. "Again. I'd never want to piss you off. But you're pretty cool. Haha..." He laughed nervously before giving a small smile.
@CrunchyCHEEZIT

A voice could be heard from the portal. Sounds like someone from Dante's world. And they are angry.

"Dante! Get your butt back here pronto! While you were gone, the surface had been crawling with demons! That Portal we were supposed to investigate opened up!"

latest

"Whelp. Can't say any more goodbyes otherwise I'll get into even more crap with Trish. We were on a mission before I got pulled here after all. Man, my luck with girls is not great, is it?" Dante then walked towards the portal, turned around and ate a slice of Pizza.

latest

"Mmm, mmm! Pizza here is lush. Mhmm!"
"DANTE!!!"
"Laters!"

And then Dante walked through the portal, never to be seen again.

FIN​
"Uh... yeah. You two." Harper replied with an awkward smile, waving a bit as Dante entered the portal. Once he was gone back to his own universe, Harper turned around to face SeeU.

"So.... uh.... I guess this is it. I'm not really good at goodbyes..." Harper paused, trying to avoid SeeU's gaze so she wouldn't break down crying in front of everyone.

@Yun Lee

tumblr_inline_oy08dmfHbs1v1drab_100.jpg

❝ Guess that's pretty much it. If it ain't so complicated with the... multiverse stuff, I would've gone and gotten y'all some drinks on my tab. ❞ Majima spoke after taking a moment to light himself a smoke. Well, it was apparent that there was some damage control to be made, considering that this entire mess occurred due to the breaking of dimensions. The one-eyed yakuza didn't understand half of it, and figured it that he shouldn't try to understand the gist of it anyways.

❝ Shit's rough, splittin' after gettin' to know each other. Ain't my first time saying goodbye to a handful of good faces. ❞ Majima wasn't the best at this type of stuff, but he wasn't gonna dip and be rude on leaving without a word.

❝ I got a big load of big boy business to catch up on once I'm back in good ol' Kamurocho, but don't think for a damn second that I'm gonna forget about all of this. Unless somebody goes and hits my noggin to mess up my head, I'll remember y'all 'till the day I go six feet under. Take care of yourselves, 'kay? ❞

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore

Way Big's Omnitrix emblem sparked, as it started to flash red, as a beeping sound emerged.

"Awww man, I think the Master Control's all zeroed out. I don't think Azmuth's gonna be happy about this."

Before all, a good deal of superheroes had appeared.

"Wait, who's the rabbit?" Ben asks as he gazes upon the new team of superheroes who had arrived. "I wonder if any if you guys are super-cool a-"

A voice echoed in Ben's head.

"Patience, Benjamin. You will acquire it in a matter of time."
Now was the time for goodbyes.

"Thanks Dante, it was pretty fun hanging around with you. Next time we meet, I'll probably get a lot stronger. Maybe a team up?"

He then turns to SeeU.

"SeeU, I just want to say... good luck in your career. You can be pretty awesome if you want to. Upgrading you was pretty awesome."

And Harper.

"We make quite a team."

He turns to Felix's old helmet that Dante was holding.

"I'm expecting a postcard."

Ben seemed to be waiting for Aoko & Jotaro to revert back to normal before talking to them.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Widowmaker @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Vocaloids had the ability to cry. It was only reserved for sad songs, or music videos that required it, and usually not as a result of sadness (Vocaloids were very rarely sad enough to cry), but it was an ability they possessed nonetheless. SeeU had cried of fear earlier, during the hallucinations, and out of hopelessness. But now, being told that she had to leave all these amazing new friends and never see them again...being told that she was to go back to her world, a place where she was unloved and would never be as popular and happy as she was here...a wave of emotion washed over the little android, one she hadn't felt before. One of pure sadness.

And she just couldn't hold it in.

SeeU.full.1930734.jpg

"H-Har...per..."

SeeU hugged her friend tightly, tears falling down her face as she did so. She couldn't speak, unable to say any goodbyes due to gross sobbing. Perhaps that was enough; after pulling away from Harper, she would hug Dante, then Ben, then Aoko, Jotaro, Bishamon, Majima, K, all the dear friends she had made on this journey that she would never see again, crying with each and every hug.

Humans had a saying: "It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." SeeU got the feeling whoever said that truly didn't understand how painful the losing part was. And she hoped they never had to understand. That pain...no one deserved it. But now, it would be stuck with her for who knows how long? And that...just made her cry until there were no more tears left. When she was finally done, she sniffed, able to speak.

"I...I love all of you. You are like a family I never had. All we did together...all we worked so hard for...I feel closer to you all than I ever felt to others. So...thank you, for being my friends. I'll never ever forget you. Ever."

@thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Kentucky

Vocaloids had the ability to cry. It was only reserved for sad songs, or music videos that required it, and usually not as a result of sadness (Vocaloids were very rarely sad enough to cry), but it was an ability they possessed nonetheless. SeeU had cried of fear earlier, during the hallucinations, and out of hopelessness. But now, being told that she had to leave all these amazing new friends and never see them again...being told that she was to go back to her world, a place where she was unloved and would never be as popular and happy as she was here...a wave of emotion washed over the little android, one she hadn't felt before. One of pure sadness.

SeeU.full.1930734.jpg

"H-Har...per..."

SeeU hugged her friend tightly, tears falling down her face as she did so. She couldn't speak, unable to say any goodbyes due to gross sobbing. Perhaps that was enough; after pulling away from Harper, she would hug Dante, then Ben, then Aoko, Jotaro, Bishamon, Majima, K, all the dear friends she had made on this journey that she would never see again, crying with each and every hug.

Humans had a saying: "It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." SeeU got the feeling whoever said that truly didn't understand how painful the losing part was. And she hoped they never had to understand. That pain...no one deserved it. But now, it would be stuck with her for who knows how long? And that...just made her cry until there were no more tears left. When she was finally done, she sniffed, able to speak.

"I...I love all of you. You are like a family I never had. All we did together...all we worked so hard for...I feel closer to you all than I ever felt to others. So...thank you, for being my friends. I'll never ever forget you. Ever."

@thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Kentucky
After SeeU let go, Harper tried to hold back from crying. Damn, she tried hard. But... as SeeU cried and said her goodbyes to everyone, Harper felt her lip quiver. And then, her eyes began to water even more, and finally...

v0AYk_s-200x150.gif

She couldn't hold it in anymore.

Running, no, sprinting, over to SeeU, Harper damn near tackled the android as she said her final goodbye to everyone, tears now desperately stinging her eyes as they flowed down her cheeks. The punk didn't sob loudly, but the sendiment was still there as she desparately held onto the android.

Don't leave me.

@Yun Lee

SeeU.full.1930734.jpg

"H-Har...per..."

image.png

"H-Hey! Personal space!"
Aoko exclaimed briefly when SeeU suddenly hugged her out of the blue, but quickly found herself softening up upon realizing the general mood the Vocaloid had set, and how others (namely Harper) fell into it. Even as a moody teenager, Aoko was never the crying, touchy-feely type (if anything, she became more of that when she got older, but in a more reserved and collected way), but even she had to purse her lips at the emotional display before her.

A robot having developed emotions, huh? Robots, or however a Vocaloid like SeeU was even classified, weren't even a thing in her home world, but she got the general gist of it. Science fiction wasn't exactly that popular when Aoko was a teenager (1989 was a barren wasteland, not that Aoko ever spent much time on movies or stuff like that), but even she was able to at least hypothesize the importance of the arrangement before her.

Discovery. Realization. Departure. The whole nine yards, between sugar and spice, sweet and not so.

"Ah... jeez. Calm down, will ya? You're making a scene," Aoko sighed, uncomfortably running a hand through her hair.

image.png

"I'm... glad I met you too, SeeU. You're really one of a kind,"
she continued, crossing her arms, "I'd... probably have more to say once I return to my normal age; that's when I learned about the importance of memories and relationships and all that, so I'm not really good at this stuff just yet, but... Well... Hmm," Aoko said, trying to construct her words. It was quite a sight; Aoko Aozaki never would have stumbled over her words at the age of twenty-seven, but seventeen year old Aoko Aozaki was definitely more... "normal" in that regard. As in, like a normal girl.

One had to wonder what exactly she went through to become the woman she eventually did.

"Uhh... Something, something... C-Cherish your memories. As long as you keep holding on to them and never forget, then we'll always be with you no matter what! That's the power of memories... and love, if you wanna be cheesy about it. That's the lovely thing about being human, and I guess you're learning more about that. But holding on to the things you love also means enduring pain for their sake. That's the real challenge of being human."

"U-Um, basically, as long as you indeed never forget us, then there's no need to cry. Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. Or... something..."

She was bad at this.

Or, she "used to be."

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited:
Epilogue – Sunrise

Cast list

@Minerva as Ann Takamaki
@Ver as Aoko Aozaki
@Neko Shogun as Aqua
@Crow as Ben Tennyson
@Takumi as Bishamon
@Widowmaker as Dante
@dark as John Connor
@Kentucky as Officer K
@Yun Lee as SeeU
@Kaykay as Soujirou Mibu
@York as Terry McGinnis

It was over. They had won. Bishamon had never felt so acconplished and relieved. With Bane and Felix dealt with, some goodbyes were in place, and then she'd be off back to her home and her family.

The goodbyes would be quick no doubt, since she intended to say select goodbyes to a select few specifically first.

Before that though...

tumblr_inline_ocfsc8uVsK1r3leyb_100.png

"You've all done fine and can revert now." she spoke with a smile, her great sword, whip, and earring flashing white before leaving her body. Two disappeared through a portal, with only one remaining to change forms by her side. Beside her stood a man with glasses, who adjusted them with a frown.

287656.jpg

"Veena..." he started, a worried tone in his voice as he spoke loud enough for Bishamon to hear. The force that clap Bane did had been enough to knock his Bishamonten back and leave her barely concious after all, so it was only natural for him to worry. Bishamon simply waved his concerns off, smile still in place.

"I'm fine, Kazuma. Be prepared to leave soon, though." she responded, earning a nod and a small bow from the man.

SeeU.full.1930734.jpg

"H-Har...per..."

SeeU's hug was met with a moment of surprise from the war god, before it was returned. Bishamon's arms remained firm in their grip around the Vocaloid, smile becoming a bit saddened as the android sobbed.

She didn't say anything other than a surprisingly soft "Goodbye SeeU, we may not meet again, or we might some time in the future. In either case, I'll make sure to remember you." along with patting SeeU on the head and letting go when she pulled away.

Kazuma's features had softened at seeing this side of his Veena. She usually kept up appearances in public, but seeing a bit of her softer side, almost reminded him of the countless times she took in lost souls.

Letting Harper cling to SeeU for a small bit, she would approach, but keep her goodbye brief.

"Take care of yourselves, and it may be goodbye now, but the memories you two made are sure to stay with you for quite some time." she left it at that and with a nod she'd turn to Ben and cleared her throat.

"Ben? Don't get too cocky and take care, alright?" she spoke.

Her goodbyes now in order, she was ready to leave, otherwise her chest might ache the longer she would stay.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Everyone

Epilogue – Sunrise

Cast list

@Minerva as Ann Takamaki
@Ver as Aoko Aozaki
@Neko Shogun as Aqua
@Crow as Ben Tennyson
@Takumi as Bishamon
@Widowmaker as Dante
@dark as John Connor
@Kentucky as Officer K
@Yun Lee as SeeU
@Kaykay as Soujirou Mibu
@York as Terry McGinnis
View attachment 1996

". . .Mm."

THUNK

A heavy thud disturbed the silence from the back of the room, as one Jotaro Kujo would limp into the room, staring at the charred corpse that lay in the center of the chamber, as well as the league of newcomers that floated above it. Jotaro managed to rise to his full height, letting out a few haggard breaths and limping over to Aoko. The psychic duress on his body made it feel like he was weighed down by some unseen force, enough to bring him to the very edge of consciousness. Every instinct in his body screamed at him to collapse, but he managed to stumble over to Aoko and the rest.

View attachment 1997

"Tch, whenever I get this ability in the future. . .I won't be able to have it for long. If I use Over Heaven again, my heart's going to sto-" He looked up at the Superjudge just as he made his mandate.

". . .10 minutes?"

. . .Hm.

It looked like that was it.

The irony wasn't lost on Jotaro in the slightest. Coming all this way across the city, and he doesn't even get one punch in on Bane.

But. . .

But that was ok.

Jotaro's eyes went dull for a moment, as if the spark of thought within him had suddenly gone dim. He stared directly ahead, completely devoid of movement and consumed in an all-encompassing wreath of thought and memory. Memories leaked back into his head, drifting past the vivid images of Aoko Aozaki's past that remain in his mind. Whenever Jotaro remembered, he would remember something from Egypt - the violent, fun, exciting, dangerous, brave, stupid, proud stardust crusade across the east towards Cairo. But these memories were simple. . .they were a mixture of that and of Gotham. Jotaro remembered the moment he had first awoken, and his brief scuffle with Majima. He remembered the fight with Clownface, and entering the police precinct. He remembered the battle aboard the Iceberg Lounge, and their first encounters with Bane's colossi. He remembered first infiltrating the prison, and raging through hordes of guards. He remembered the fight with Psimon, and the final push towards Arkham.

He remembered when Felix pissed him off.

And now he's going to remember watching his allies beat Bane's ass. Perhaps it'll never compare to Egypt in the grand scheme of Jotaro Kujo's life. . .but this was something that Jotaro would have to keep to himself. Like everything else, it'll be just another thing he keeps stowed away behind his rough exterior. But the one thing that it will be, is that it's the journey Jotaro needed to lay his wants to rest. The dread of normalcy faded away, because . . .well, look at him.

The stars have something for Jotaro Kujo, in the future. He'll just have to be ready for it - standing ready, and standing proud.

"Wait, Aoko."

Jotaro raised a hand to Aoko, looking over to SeeU as she approached for a hug. Jotaro looked down at his feet for a moment, before kneeling to meet the android at eye-level as he always does. "Good grief. I was a real bastard when I was younger. I just need to say this first."

Jotaro looked at SeeU now.

View attachment 1995

". . .Do you remember what I said about emotions, SeeU? They say that you shouldn't let emotions take control of you. But that's a load of bull. I don't live without emotion. I just use it as energy; a source of fuel that will never run out. You've lent a lot towards bring down Bane. Some of which you'll never get back. . . But you were even able to stand up to him, even without me. You won."

Jotaro reached into his coat pocket. He withdrew something.

View attachment 1993

It was an ancient polaroid photo from the 80's, seemingly aged with Jotaro's white outfit. Jotaro looked at it for a moment, incidentally holding it forward so that SeeU could see it. She didn't know any of these people. . .but with the way Jotaro was smiling in the photo, it seemed as if they were good friends of his.

" . . . And now, you can live normally. But never forget where you've been, and what you've done. It'll keep you going, and I can count on that. I wouldn't forget someone like you, even if I tried."

Jotaro wouldn't move an inch, letting the young android have her embrace. He'd pat her on the back and rise to his massive height.

And, as he did to SeeU. . .he smiled.

View attachment 1998

"Take care, SeeU."

His eyes looked back to Aoko. He just nodded his head, and said nothing more.

@thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Kentucky

Taking a breath, Aoko began to work her magic with Jotaro's approval. The display this time around was far less dramatic, but perhaps it made sense that way. After all, if the initial act of exchanging time could be described as changing the world around her as she knew it, then in this case, it would be like restoring the world, and if this world was anything like Aoko's in at least one aspect, it was hopefully that the world also had a will of its own, hoping also to return to its original state.

WHOOSH!

Rings of blue light began to materialize around both Aoko and Jotaro, obscuring their bodies and causing them to glow until the glow dissipated, and their forms had returned to their original. Aoko was once again twenty-seven years old, identifiable by her vibrant red hair and more relaxed demeanor, and Jotaro was once again twenty years old, identifiable by his black clothing and more rigid mien.

aoko3.png

"Jarring, isn't it? To be able to glimpse into your own future, only to have it be taken away on a whim,"
Aoko said to Jotaro, her signature relaxed smile returning to her face after a brief leave, "Still, no need to fret. Your memories of your own future may be gone, but that's only natural. Tomorrow's a new day, and what's the point of living a tomorrow if it's the exact same as a yesterday? That's why today's always the most important day, so just keep living there, and you'll find your way back to how you were before," she continued, hoisting her trusty baggage over her shoulder once again. Thank goodness she managed to keep it on her at all times.

With a breath, Aoko placed her other hand on her hips. Unbeknownst to the others around the redhead, she was hiding a troubled truth underneath her casual smile. Having glanced into Jotaro Kujo's future, Aoko Aozaki saw something that mystified her. One might even dare say it... scared her to a degree.

In that future, she saw a great many things. Events such as hunting down the mysterious man in the purple suit and meeting the high schooler who looked like him except with an embarrassingly bad haircut were of no concern to Aoko. However... There was a point in Jotaro's future that began to become muddled. Of course, one could argue that such a phenomenon was natural if they gazed too far into one's future. After all, Aoko knew it herself. Time was not a linear river that went straight forward. It was like a book; what happened next may be planned, but anything could happen instead. And yet... as Aoko looked into Jotaro's future, she saw images that even someone like her could hardly begin to comprehend.

A cycle of death. A great many evil hell bent on conquest. Men and women of horrifying ambition.

She saw darkness, but she also saw light. And she saw a balance in between. A law of order that had to be preserved.

But while Aoko Aozaki lived to defy and contradict the active order of the present, she found that what she saw was far more horrifying than something that could destroy order.

Rather, she saw something that was able to change the very nature of order to one's own whim. The ability to determine the objective definition of "order." The ability to change the natural laws of the world. To make gravity push up. To make two plus two equal five.

And among all the death, there was an even greater event in the further future. Like a point on a line that abruptly ended the line, as she visualized in her head. But she couldn't tell what such a point meant. Was it the absolute end of everything? Was the point that she couldn't look any further past indicative of the absolute end of the future?

Or was it a rebirth?

She couldn't tell for sure. She wanted to tell him. She wanted to badly to tell Jotaro. To warn him of the perilous future he would face, and the scale that it could potentially reach.

But she couldn't. That was the future after all. If such events were fated to happen, if such events were predetermined to take place, then what would be the point? To know of one's own future long enough to change it was tantamount to threatening to shift the world forever.

So all she could do was keep smiling.

"It's been good knowing you, Jotaro Kujo. I must say, this adventure's been rather... extraordinary. A fantastical one, even. Makes me excited for what other stories waiting to be told in our lives, hmm? Take care now."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited:
"Alright then, Bishamon. I guess I can try..."

He did, eventually.

Right now, Jotaro and Aoko were back to normal.

"Wait! Jotaro, before you go, I have to ask... what exactly did you do to Felix?" Ben asked a now-teenage Jotaro.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi

-Goro Majima Epilogue-
"Downfall of a Legend"

005_thumb16.jpg

For whatever things had to be done to bring him back, Majima didn't notice anything weird the moment he found himself standing in a lone alleyway. The same dingy alleyways of Kamurocho. It felt relieving to him that he was back in familiar grounds, but it was a tad bittersweet with how he wouldn't get to normally see everyone that was involved with the mess in Gotham. But if it'll prevent anything like that happening again, it was a necessary precaution to be made. Not like he'll prefer to have all that wacky shit taking place here.

❝ Right... I was plannin' to drop by the Serena... ❞ He wasn't sure on how much time's passed while he was gone, but he still planned on getting himself a drink for whatever it's worth. Nothing like a good glass of booze to situate himself back at home. Though, he didn't plan on getting another short detour away from that quick drink. Someone caught his eye.

tumblr_inline_oxxxngUDAE1v1drab_100.jpg

❝ Oi! Kiryu-chan~! Don't think you could walk on by without givin' me a good ol' hello! ❞ Majima voiced out Kiryu's name in a sing-song tone, casually strolling over to where his friend happened to be on the street and apparently in a rush.

tumblr_p1htukMYh51v3qowuo1_100.png

❝ Majima-san... this isn't the ti- ❞ The Dragon of Dojima didn't get a chance to shoo Majima away, cut off mid-sentence once the latter had immediately closed the distance with his knife out. If he was going to feel like he was settled back home after all that stuff in Gotham, Majima definitely was set on fighting his friend here. Kiryu knew that leaving and not fighting the Mad Dog now wasn't going to work. With Majima, it was fighting first, ask questions later.

All it took to fully initiate this fight was a hard first to the face, Majima flying off his feet and to the ground a few feet away from Kiryu. Sure it hurt like hell, but goddamn it felt like awhile to Majima the last time he's been in a fight that was just him and "Kiryu-chan." A hearty laugh came from the Mad Dog as he stood up from the ground, man it felt great to be home.

So their fight continued, punches and kicks, stabs and slashes. It didn't take long for their fight the end, with Kiryu outmatching Majima of course. It always ended with the Dragon of Dojima winning, but Majima didn't mind that. Not a lot of people in Kamurocho could match Kiryu's strength after all...

Though unlike most encounters, Kiryu just ran off, still in a rush. Was there something he was missing here? Majima didn't know much about those personal things that Kiryu has going on, but before he could ponder about that.

❝ Majima? Did... did Kiryu come by here? ❞ The owner of the Serena, Reina, walked over to where Majima was getting up from the ground.

❝ If you found me on the ground and tired as all hell, you bet your ass that he was 'round 'ere. Why you're asking me this? ❞ Majima raised an eyebrow at her question. Anyone knew that the only person that could beat him up no problem was Kiryu, no doubt. Though, he was curious if she knew anything about his situation to be in a hurry. Reina appeared... hesitant on the matter, and only gestured him to follow her back into the bar. It was late, so maybe there wasn't any customers inside. Scratching his head, he played along, stepping inside with her into the bar. It was only when it was just them, Reina spoke up again.

❝ It happened not too long ago... but Dojima came in and took Yumi... Nishiki immediately went after them, and told me to stay behind. I'm sure enough that Kiryu's heard this by now, but I hope everything doesn't get too much for them... ❞ Reina explained the most she knew about the current situation. Something about it made Majima feel guilty for jumping Kiryu if he was rushing for something that important. Shit, he knew about Yumi arriving at Kamurocho as a hostess straight out of high school, and to know that Patriarch Dojima's got the slimy idea of taking her for god knows what.

❝ Damn... shit's rough for them, huh? ❞ Majima grumbled, taking a moment to pull out a cigarette and lighting it up. Sitting there, he could only think if Kiryu made it over to Dojima's office and got to beat some sense in that old fart by now. Of course, nothing much he could do much in this situation other than hope.

❝ Someone else came by here, and requested to have this given to you... ❞ Reina spoke up again, taking out from her pocket an envelope. Now this was out of nowhere.

❝ You see who the swell messenger was? ❞ Majima tilted his head, a bit offset by this piece of news to go on top of Kiryu's situation. Hell, especially after what he went through in Gotham.

❝ Unfortunately no... but I could tell they were foreign... ❞ Reina shook her head as she pushed the envelope over to Majima's side of the counter, and to possibly change the subject, ❝ So... the usual? ❞

❝ Yeah. ❞ He gave a brief nod absentmindedly, more focused on the mysterious envelope. Just who had the bright idea of sending something to him personally rather than sending it to Shimano? He couldn't really make out the sender address, definitely somewhere outside Japan. Ripping it open, unfolding the letter inside, he had to read it over once or twice. No way this could be real, right?

The letter below read:

You have until a week to arrive at the listed address in this letter. Otherwise we will make use out of her.

Along with the letter, Majima found a photo depicting a person from his past: Makoto Makimura. It wasn't a photo of her living out a normal life like he wanted her to have, away from him. No, she appeared to be strapped into some sort of machine, as if she were an experiment to whoever sent this.

A heavy sigh came out of Majima, not hesitating on downing his drink immediately after Reina had prepared it for him. He needed it.

-End-

Epilogue: SeeU
"I"

She was going to miss them all. There was no way around that fact. It was painfully obvious from her tears and hugs, and her little speech. But every person here, in this room...SeeU was going to miss them horribly.

She listened to whst they all had to say, their kind words making her feel such a deep happiness inside that it also undercut the sadness deep inside, too. But only a little bit. The sadness of saying goodbye...she doubted anything could take that away for now, or for a long time. But the memories of this place, where she finally became something good and loved...she would never, ever forget them. Ever.

The last of her ten minutes she spent hugging Harper, knowing the poor girl was very sad, like she was. SeeU didn't want to lose her first friend. She already did, once. And to have it happen again...if she had more tears to shed, they would be coming out now. "Harper...I'll miss you so much. I hope one day...we can see each other again." She didn't know what else to say, but her memory banks presented her with something she could do.

"Um...in case we never see each other again..." Hesitating a second, SeeU closed her eyes and kissed Harper very quickly. Unlike their first kiss, this one was a little awkward and very fast, as SeeU was not used at all to kissing. But, if it was Harper's way of saying goodbye forever, just in case, well...then she could do it, too. Once she pulled away, she smiled at Harper. "Goodbye, Harper. And goodbye, everyone! I'll never ever ever forget any of you!"

And with that...SeeU stepped into the portal. Even if her world hadn't changed, and felt the same about her, SeeU had changed. And she felt very different about herself, now. She wasn't useless, or worthless, or bad in any way. She was good, and beautiful. And even if her world couldn't accept that, she could.

And that was more than enough for her.

The End

Collab with @Neko Shogun

Why anyone hadn't approached Aqua yet was beyond her comprehension. While she dreaded the thought of someone from the group speaking with her, looking her in the eyes after the terrible things she had done, the keyblade master was more upset by the fact that it had not happened yet. She deserved it. Her hands, the hands of a warrior bent on protecting the innocent, were now stained by their blood. She had ended precious lives, people she had swore she would always protect. Maybe they were afraid of her or maybe they were just too disgusted by her to find words befitting of the foul, heinous person she had become. But either way, they did not come forward, not yet at least.

Aqua was sorely tempted to approach them herself, to cry out to the survivors and garner their attention. I helped kill your friends, she wanted to tell them. I watched them bleed, die, and suffer. Don't you even care? Don't you want to make me suffer like I made them suffer? Not that it mattered. Truthfully, she was already suffering. Right now, Aqua hated herself. The keyblade master couldn't have been more disgusted with herself if she had tried. And she wanted the people from this group to affirm how she was feeling, to tell her that she was lower than dirt. It was something that she deserved to hear, something she wanted to hear.

Thoughts continued to spiral through her head as she remained stationary, her face expressionless, but her eyes flickering with deep, crestfallen emotion. Not only had she let down these people, this group of lost individuals who had only been trying to survive, but she had also let down her master, the man who had raised her. Of his three apprentices, Aqua had always been the responsible one, a young, resolute woman. Master Eraqus had always depended on her, relied on her to watch over a naive Ventus and a muddled Terra. But now, she was just as bad as them--if not worse.

Terra had blood on his hands; he had ended their master. Aqua had blamed it on the darkness in his heart and wished that he had been able to better resist such temptations. What would he say if he could see her now, Aqua wondered. Now, she was just like him. The master had lost herself to darkness, falling victim to Bane's manipulation like a willing puppet on strings she could not free herself from. She was weak and honestly didn't even deserve the title of master anymore. She no longer felt worthy of the keyblade anymore, in fact, and absentmindedly wondered to herself why it had not yet vanished from her side. Why was the weapon still with her, resting in her grasp when it could've sought out someone with less darkness in their heart?

With these dreary thoughts in her mind, Aqua relaxed her fingers, allowing for her keyblade to plummet to the ground beside her. She stepped past it, finally taking a few steps closer to the group.

npRPtMF.png

"Don't any of you have anything to say to me? I've done something horrible, but I'm still standing here alive and well. Any of you have a right tell me how you feel, to yell at me, or even... to punish me. Go ahead," she told them, her voice cold and hard. Inside, she wanted to break down and apologize to them, to even shed tears over her actions, but she strongly desired for them to hate her most of all.

"Oh, you're still here too?"

The abruptly casual tone Aoko took to respond to Aqua's words was jarring. Despite the obvious anguish the Keyblade Master was facing, the redheaded woman took a far more laid-back approach, consistent with how she usually acted during the entire course of the incident. Still clutching her baggage over her shoulder while her other hand rested on her hip, Aoko's casual stance greatly contrasted Aqua's, as it seemed from the redhead's point of view that the master was about to break down and cry any moment now. Jeez, how depressing. Pursing her lips briefly, initially glancing around before continuing, Aoko cleared her throat.

Aoko08.png

"Mm? Do I have anything to say, you ask? Mmm... Not really, off the top of my head,"
Aoko said, moving her hand to sheepishly scratch her head, as if unintentionally undermining everything Aqua was going through right now, "You were just being mind-controlled, right? It wasn't like you wanted to do all that, right? And it easily could have been anyone that Bane and that Psimon guy decided to manipulate, so it was just fate that decided it'd be you," she spoke, maintaining an easy-going attitude.

"Yelling... Punishing... I think that's all a bit over-dramatic, don't you think?" She said, even chuckling lightly as though a mild joke were told, "You make it sound like you wanted to do all that, and liked it too! Which in that case, would be a dastardly thing worthy of punishment. But tell me, was it like that, Aqua?" Aoko inquired, using the master's name in a familiar tone, as though the two of them were already close friends.

Emotions rocketing in different directions, Aqua found herself vexed by Aoko's loose, seemingly carefree stance. The master tightened her jaw and took a step back from the red-haired woman. While Aqua had enjoyed her previous encounters with this woman, finding Aoko's relaxed attitude a bit of a distraction from her worries, the master was frustrated with her this time. She stood before Aqua, telling the weary warrior nothing she wanted to hear. The gentle, chiding words came at Aqua like soft punches in the stomach and she found it difficult to reply, opening and closing her mouth a couple of times before she would finally pinpoint the words to say.

Aqua pursed her lips before responding with, "You're right; I was being mind-controlled, but I can't blame it all on them. I know you say it could've been anyone, but it was me. I was singled out because of the darkness in my heart."

IucwkyT.png

The young woman softly placed a hand over her chest, letting out a sigh afterwards. "I was weak to the dark influence they held over me and that was my fault."

Dropping her hands at her sides, Aqua would ball them into fists. Light laughter from the woman in front of her caused the keyblade wielder to tense her shoulders, a frown even tugging against the corners of her lips. "This isn't something to laugh about," protested the master. "You can call me dramatic if you want, but I still helped end lives. I did something dark."

Aqua glanced down at the ground, ashamed and unable to even look Aoko in the eyes. "To answer your question, no, I didn't mean to and I didn't like it. That doesn't change the fact that I did it." She took another step back, her eyes never leaving the ground. "I could do it again, you know," she added, her voice suddenly morbid and cold, her eyes void of their usual twinkle and strength. "You should stay away from me. If I become a monster again, there is no telling what I could do..."

An image of her friend Terra flashed through Aqua's mind once more. For the first time in her life, Aqua entirely understood what her close friend had felt. She had begged Terra to listen to her, to remain on a path of light, yet he still fell prey to the darkness. Now the same thing had happened to her. What would become of her now, she wondered? How could she face anyone? Inwardly the young woman struggled, at a loss for words that could properly describe how repulsed she was with herself.

Aoko01.png

"..."

Aoko remained silent as Aqua responded, still reveling in her angst over being used as a puppet for the villains' nefarious deeds, speaking of the darkness in her own heart and the influence it held over her being. The girl was so troubled... so vulnerable. Full of doubts and anger, as well as fear and uncertainty. The redhead had to stifle another small laugh, not finding amusement in Aqua's plight, but rather, slightly amused this time as she mused internally on how the Keyblade Master reminded Aoko of herself when she was younger.

Ten years really flew by, huh?

Taking a breath, scratching her head briefly, Aoko remained silent for a bit, her expression a bit of a mystery, especially as Aqua held her head down. But then... she finally spoke, managing to compose the words she wanted to say, even if she wasn't certain it was what Aqua needed or wanted to hear.

"Aqua... There's darkness in everyone's hearts. Inside every human is a natural force of malevolence, of malice, of negativity," she began, taking a gentler tone than before, "It's an ugly thing, and it's something that I'm not proud of, but it exists, within you, within me, and within the rest of us. All we can ever do is live with it, and try to be our best selves despite it, even if it doesn't always work out. But that's human nature, isn't it? To fail and to keep failing in hopes that eventually, they'll succeed."

Aoko took a breath, before continuing. "Yeah, you're right. You're absolutely right. You did something bad, and you have the potential to do it again. The full extent of your consequences may evade you, what with at least most people managing to make it back okay, but it's still something that'll weigh on your soul for as long as you live. You did something that you'll never be able to take back."

"But... Just because you did a bad thing doesn't make you a bad person, Aqua. Everyone has the capacity to do and be bad. You have it in you, and I have it in me. After all, you feel bad about it, right? You really regret that you did those things, even if it wasn't your fault. That's why you're beating yourself up like this, right?" The magician continued, "It's because you're a good person at heart that you feel bad about the things you've done. You may not believe it yourself, but I believe it."

"But punishing yourself isn't going to help you atone for your sins. Suffering does not absolve suffering. It isn't as though people, including yourself, will feel more inclined to forgive you if you've suffered enough. I like to think people are better than that. No, the true answer comes from atoning for your sins, so stand up straight and keep your head up high. The only way you can ever forgive yourself is for you to do good in return, because just as people have the capacity for immense evil, they also hold the ability to do good. Do everything you can to make up for what you've done. It won't be easy -- heck, it might even be one of the hardest things you'll ever do in your life -- but if you truly want to gain the ability to forgive yourself, rather than wallowing in your pain forever, then it's something you just have to do."

Aoko took yet another breath, brushing aside some stray hair with her hand, before giving Aqua a good-natured smile. "That's all I can truly say to you. I don't know if it's enough to assuage you, but that's what I have for you, and you can take what you want from it."

And with that, she said her piece.

Xd659zc.png

Aqua felt encumbered, as if wearing a sack of bricks on her back. Every word Aoko added seemed to spawn more and more metaphorical bricks in this sack, until the woman's knees wobbled from the pressure. Words that should've set her free only brought her more discomfort, as if she were a child resisting medicine that would make her feel better. The master's blue eyes remained pinned to the ground, unmoving as Aoko would try and knock some sense into her. She wanted to combat the red-haired woman's statement, to poke at its flaws, but it just didn't seem... possible.

Eventually, Aqua's eyes lifted from the ground, looking past Aoko. She found it hard to directly look upon her, to witness the kind smile she could nearly feel emanating from the woman’s natural warmth. Aqua's eyes were already glassed over, close to tears she didn't want to see fall. When she finally spoke again, Aqua’s voice shook.

“You’re right,” she said, “You’re probably right about everything you just said. Absolutely right. Everyone has darkness in their hearts. I should move on and try to live with what I did... I’m not a bad person... I should push forward and try to make up for what I did...”

Aqua raised her hands level with her waist and narrowed her eyes before looking down at them. “...you may believe in me, but no progress will be made if I can’t believe in myself. And I’m not sure if I can do that right now. The darkness... it’s stronger to fight than it’s ever been and I’m so... tired.” So weak. Aqua couldn’t even find the energy to smile anymore. She felt drained, like she wouldn’t even have the physical strength to stand in the face of a wind gust due to the emotional strain on her body.

“Sometimes I just want to—“

Fade, Fade into the darkness.

“Never mind; you should go, Aoko. Leave with the others, go back to your home so you can be with your family and friends. Smile for them and enjoy having... someone. I should probably thank you for your kindness, but I’m not sure if kind words are what I need right now.” She found herself still unable to look directly at Aoko, but it probably didn’t matter—the young woman would be gone soon enough anyhow.

"Kind words are all I can give you, Aqua. Like I said, it is up to you to drag yourself out of that darkness. No one can do it for you," Aoko said, moving to place a hand on Aqua's shoulder.

"Redemption's never easy, nor is it ever meant to be fast. There's no such thing as a painless lesson if it's one that matters. But I believe that you'll get there in time. It'll take time; maybe you just need some time to naturally rebound, maybe you just need to stumble across a companion who can light your way through the darkness. But you'll get there, alright?" She asked, softly tapping Aqua's cheek with her palm. Far from a slap, but certainly noticeable, "You may feel tired today -- heck, it's perfectly natural every now and then -- and things may never be any easier ever again, but hey, tomorrow is a new day. A solitary journey with a single trunk and a free spirit."

With that, Aoko took both of Aqua's hands into her own and held them up, keeping up her smile as naturally as they came. "I want you to promise me something, Aqua, if nothing else. Even if you might lose your way again one day, even if there comes a time where you just become too tired for the day... I want you to look to the next day with hope. Hope that things will get better, even if they won't get easier. Because just like darkness, hope exists in every corner. You just have to find it, and if you can't, you'll have to make some yourself. But you also have to believe in that hope as well. Alright? Just as I believe in you, if you can't believe in yourself, then you better believe that I'll keep doing it, no matter how far apart we might be!"

She stopped for a second, before winking teasingly. "Let's just say... I've got a feeling this won't be the last time we see each other. And when we do bump into each other again, I hope by then, you'll be able to look at yourself and see the kind and unyielding spirit within that I see! Now, then. Perhaps you're right about one thing; I should be getting home. This was supposed to be my vacation, but aaah, such misfortune! You should be on your way too. A journey begins with a single step, after all!"

The light hearted words and gestures of Aoko seemed to flow right through the gaping hole in Aqua's heart. As downcast a notion as this was, it didn't mean that no progress had been made. The hole in the keyblade master's heart could've widened further with every passing moment, but instead it stayed the same. Even though she was currently at one of the lowest points she had ever found herself in, it didn't change the fact that Aqua had a will-power thicker than a wall of diamond. She had enough strength to automatically shut down her mental pain from progressing to a point where it could permanently damage her heart and mind. No matter how bleak her life got and how unhappy she was, Aqua continued standing.

This will-power was almost a curse, in a way, because it prevented her from shutting down like she wanted to. It prevented her from recoiling at Aoko's touches and telling this jolly woman just to leave her alone like she deserved. But, no, Aqua couldn't tell Aoko to go away. In truth, she didn't want to be alone. She had already been alone for ten years too long. She needed to belong somewhere again. She needed--

Aqua drifted off, seeming to look past Aoko with a gaze that might've suggested she was no longer paying attention to what the red-haired woman had to say. Nevertheless, she had been listening. When Aoko suggested she find a companion to light her way through the darkness, Aqua thought of one thing only: her friends.

Terra. Ven.

vQLTUXg.png

"What am I even saying?" she suddenly spat out, her eyes refocusing as if she had just woken from a hazy daydream. "My life isn't about just me. I need to find my missing friends. From them, I will find my strength. From them, I'll find my light again. What I really need to do is put aside how I feel--as I always do--and dedicate myself to looking for them."

Deep in her heart, Aqua knew this solution wasn't perfect. It still meant she would be alone for some time and ignoring her own feelings would only continue to bring about mental strain. But maybe, just maybe, things wouldn't be so bad now that she at least had found her way out of the dark realm.

Taken aback by Aoko grabbing her hands, Aqua's gaze finally met her's again. The keyblade master's hands were cold and wouldn't even twitch in her grasp. "Hope?" she mumbled, finding it odd how foreign the word tasted on her tongue. Long ago, she had been full of hope for nearly everything in her life. Hope that Terra would be able to become a master like her. Hope that she, and her two best friends, would always be together. Hope that Mickey would help her escape the dark realm. Hope that Sora would help her escape the dark realm. But hope must've not been very fond of Aqua, as it seemed keen on avoiding her like the plague.

"I'm not really sure I can make you that promise," she replied back sheepishly. "But I can promise you that I'll keep moving forward, no matter how tired I get, no matter how badly I want to give in... because that's just who I am." Aqua put on a smile, but it wasn't a real smile. It would take a bit more work before she felt light-hearted enough to display genuine happiness.

"Before you go, I have one last thing to say. I--"

...was wondering if maybe you want to come with me?

While it was a tempting question to ask, Aqua knew that Aoko had a home to return to. She didn't want to get in the way of that. And, something deep down told Aqua that Aoko had her own path to walk.

"...want to thank you for... your kind words. It may not seem like they meant much, but they did. I'm sure someday they'll mean even more than they do now. Maybe we will see each other again someday, but until then... may your heart be your guiding key."

Aoko06.png

"Hmm. That's a good enough promise for me,"
Aoko said in a jovial manner to Aqua's initial response. She knew that it was probably a difficult step for the Keyblade Master, but life was full of such things. As she'd just said, a journey started with one step, and she could see it before her very eyes. This girl had a long one ahead of her.

When the girl then proceeded to speak her final statement, seeming to pause in the middle for a brief moment, the confident redhead gave a sincere smile. "I'm glad I could help, no matter how significant or negligible it was!" She exclaimed, before giving a nod, her final one to Aqua for the time being, "Indeed. Now then... If that's it, take care, Aqua. I don't envy the path you're going to walk down from here on out, but I do look forward to the day that it crosses with my own path later down the road."

Hoisting her baggage over her shoulder again, she turned around, her red hair flowing as confidently as her personality. "Times like this though, you shouldn't say goodbye. You should say... see you later~" She said, getting in her last word, and with that, disappeared into the portal, set for home.​

Last edited:
Aoko Aozaki: Epilogue - Eclipse

uWb5ATGIQd_XYat30CkZCw.png

A vast night.

In the midst of a grassy field that extends as far as the eye can see, she stares blankly at the moon. There is nothing else. No humans, no animals. Maybe it's because she's overworked herself quite a bit in the past few days, but she just wanted a peaceful place to herself. Misaki Town hadn't changed one bit. She couldn't help but chuckle. All the commotion she went through, and now, having this quiet moment to herself. It was like an illusion. A lot of things happened. A lot of amazing things. A lot of tragic things. And now, nothing was happening.

She was lost in thought, thinking about the events that had happened, and the people she made friends with. Would she ever see them again? What circumstances would lead them all to that destination? When would that time come? The answers evaded her. Maybe she was capable of peering into her own future to observe such events, but she dared not. She tempted fate as it was already, and even she did not feel inclined to do it again. She was not so reckless.

And then. She saw him.

A boy she had not seen in a very long time.

A familiar boy who had grown into a fine young man indeed.

Aoko Aozaki saw her former "student," Shiki Tohno, laying in the grassy field like an oblivious little boy who wasn't taking into account who else might be here. It was dangerous to be so careless as to just lay down wherever one liked, after all. Of course, this wasn't exactly the kind of place that seemed like it'd have a lot of people around, but even so, she still deemed it a somewhat careless gesture. Gripping her luggage tightly, she approached little Shiki.

PefVwj8YRXaoHCwnOiCfOA.png

"Hey, you. It's dangerous just lying around like that," she said to the boy, approaching him.

"Eh?" He blinks in surprise, looking up at Aoko in surprise.

"What do you mean "eh?" You have an awful lot of free time on your hands if you can just sleep around here in the middle of the night. I was this close to kicking you, so you better watch out," Aoko said grumpily, pouting a little.

"Oh? Kicked? And by who?" The boy named Shiki asked in what she could interpret as faux obliviousness, lifting himself up.

"Isn't it obvious, stupid? You and I are the only ones here, so who else could it be but me?" She says confidently, folding her arms.

It takes Shiki all he can to stifle the laughter within. He smiles, and that is all he can do. Sensei really hasn't changed, he thought.

I'm glad. Shiki Tohno is still the same boy after all these years.

"Long time no see. You've grown up, Shiki. But it looks like you forgot your glasses somewhere. Those aren't exactly easy to get, you know," she says, tilting her head in concern.

"Ah, yeah. I might need some new ones. You wouldn't happen to have any on you at the moment, would you, Sensei?" Shiki asked with a carefree smile.

"Geez, you're so careless, Shiki. You don't realize how much of a hassle it is to get some more Mystic Eye Killers from my sister. It's not like I'm the one who makes them anyway," Aoko sighed with a small frown, before her features changed into a smile, "But alright. Just for you. Have I got a story for you, Shiki. Looks like fate wanted me to share my adventures with you."

"Oh, is that right? I've also got a crazy adventure of my own to share with you," Shiki replied, his smile perfectly matching hers.

And yet, it was curious to Aoko. Her smiling face and his, they weren't the same. Shiki's smile was carefree, as though... content. No, that wasn't it. He was anxious. Excited, like the little boy he once was. After all, how else could he so casually speak to her like this, her teacher whom he hadn't seen in all these years? Yet, for once, Aoko's smile hid a sense of worry underneath. Guilt, even. He was such an impressionable boy back when she'd first met him, and she had to wonder if she was the reason he was the moral young man who stood before her today.

With the power that he was gifted with, the power that he was cursed with, he was doomed to lead an unfortunate life, full of tragedy and suffering. She could see it in his past. Loss. Sadness. Abandonment. Those were things that burdened a young man like himself, who never wanted to impose those things upon other people. He would have led an easier life if he let himself "break." He would have led an easier life if he'd shed himself of the morals she'd imparted him with, and yet, here they were now. It bewildered her the more she thought about it, how he could give such a carefree, even hopeful smile despite everything that had happened.

But at least he could hope for his own future, even if Aoko could not. She knew it in her heart; she didn't even need to look into his future to know. At the end of all his struggles, all his heartaches and his bruises, his cuts and his hurt, all of it, was an abrupt end. He does not have much longer to live, and perhaps to a degree, even Shiki knew this himself. But even in spite of it, he strove to live his life, wishing to make meaning out of it, even if the future was written for him with his very own Mystic Eyes.

But for now, it was just as though she was looking in a mirror.

Even if their smiles were different, at least they could both smile about something.

At this moment in time, neither of them would know of the mark they would make upon the greater multiverse.

As they were, under the full moon, the blue glass moon, and the crimson air, they were little more than a normal boy and a traveling woman who could never stay in one place for very long.

And perhaps these days were among the last that they could say such things about themselves.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back