Status
Not open for further replies.
Makoto wasn't sure what to make of all these people, especially if so few of them were even going to consider the value in finding alternatives to fighting. There was possibly something to be said about the morality of invading the minds of unwilling victims, but certainly, it was better than beating answers out of them.

"I don't understand what you're saying," Makoto said to Jotaro, wording himself a bit carefully. "Bane's not a good guy, I got that, but we don't even know for sure if he has anything to do with us being here! If we really are from different worlds, what right do we have... to come into this world and kill who we think will get us where we want? We're jumping too fast to the extreme solution!"

hroXug7.png

"I am not proposing we control Bane's allies, no one should be our slaves. However, can't we look into their minds to verify their information if that's our concern? If we go around killing people... we will just lose ourselves in the process. There's risk regardless of what we do."

Makoto shot Aoko a glance, bristling at what she had to say. Besides that, why were these people talking about his possible girlfriend...? "Who I have back home... doesn't matter right now, but they would agree with what I have to say. I can't go back home to anyone knowing I didn't at least speak my mind! It's not overly hopeful, it's simply..." Makoto sighed and closed his eyes. "... it's just the right approach."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Josh @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Neko Shogun @PoliceStation

Rose was mildly unhappy at the results, but at least she could say the power awarded to her through Sburb was still tangible. "It's not just power, either. Whatever is within the realm of your imagination, magic could possibly do, if I am able to will it. However, a new world must mean no limits, so I am eager to explore the boundaries of what is available to me. Perhaps the next brute we come across..."

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah
tumblr_inline_nl2hcvOALp1sv22sw.png

"Tch. Kid, you don't know how Bane operates, so I'll give you a pass here. I might not have ever dealt with him personally, but I know enough people who have to know that what you're saying just won't work.

I'm from this world. Hell, I grew up here in Gotham. And Bane isn't just some run of the mill bad guy who wants to take over the world. He's vengeful. Ruthless. He can't be reasoned with. And he'll escape any prison that he's put in. Killing him really is the best option here, even if someone like Batman would say otherwise."

With her peace said, Harper began to munch on more almonds as she nonchalantly pressed SeeU's power button to turn her back on.

@Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Okamo @Widowmaker @Ver @Neko Shogun

Felix would smirk and roll his neck a bit before looking down at Rose again, seeming a bit more cocky than usual. "Y'know... since neither of us are interested in what their saying over there, and you're obviously itching for a fight..." Felix started as he got in a fighting stance.

JayLuvLL555dc3ab88e82.jpg

"Why don't we do a bit of 'one on one' training?"

@Atomic Knight @Archmage Jeremiah

npRPtMF.png

"Right, this doesn't seem much like a dream or an illusion brought on by the Dark Realm," Aqua remarked, allowing her weapon to vanish in a flash of light. She lowered her guard a bit for now, deciding there was no present threat to deal with. "Anyhow, it's... nice to meet all of you. You have no idea how nice, actually." All of these individuals in the room around her were the first people she had come into contact with for years. Deep appreciation flickered in her blue eyes, and although she wouldn't smile, she was genuinely pleased to see everyone.

At least, she would've been more pleased if all of these sex jokes weren't floating around. Aqua bristled at them, folding her arms. "Shouldn't we be coming up with a plan to stop Bane?" She had entered the room just after they had started planning, so to her it looked as if they were all just goofing around right now. And, as stoic as she seemed to be at the moment, Aqua clearly wasn't in any sort of mood. Right now, she had absolutely no chill and instead seemed ready to jump right into action.

@Okami @Lucky @Bomb @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Otto @Yun Lee @Kentucky @Josh @Atomic Knight@Ver @Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Kaykay @Minerva @PoliceStation​
Makoto wasn't sure what to make of all these people, especially if so few of them were even going to consider the value in finding alternatives to fighting. There was possibly something to be said about the morality of invading the minds of unwilling victims, but certainly, it was better than beating answers out of them.

"I don't understand what you're saying," Makoto said to Jotaro, wording himself a bit carefully. "Bane's not a good guy, I got that, but we don't even know for sure if he has anything to do with us being here! If we really are from different worlds, what right do we have... to come into this world and kill who we think will get us where we want? We're jumping too fast to the extreme solution!"

hroXug7.png

"I am not proposing we control Bane's allies, no one should be our slaves. However, can't we look into their minds to verify their information if that's our concern? If we go around killing people... we will just lose ourselves in the process. There's risk regardless of what we do."

Makoto shot Aoko a glance, bristling at what she had to say. Besides that, why were these people talking about his possible girlfriend...? "Who I have back home... doesn't matter right now, but they would agree with what I have to say. I can't go back home to anyone knowing I didn't at least speak my mind! It's not overly hopeful, it's simply..." Makoto sighed and closed his eyes. "... it's just the right approach."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Josh @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Neko Shogun @PoliceStation

Rose was mildly unhappy at the results, but at least she could say the power awarded to her through Sburb was still tangible. "It's not just power, either. Whatever is within the realm of your imagination, magic could possibly do, if I am able to will it. However, a new world must mean no limits, so I am eager to explore the boundaries of what is available to me. Perhaps the next brute we come across..."

Jotaro watch the woman's eyes flicker to life for a moment after he and the others had introduced themselves. It was odd - the way she was talking, it's like she hasn't met another person for a long time. That was mildly disconcerting, but something in the woman's eyes prompted Jotaro to lower his guard in the same way she did. Not to be mistaken for trust, but rather a 'step in the right direction'.

Then, there came Makoto. Jotaro looked back to him and frowned. How stubborn do you have to be?

View attachment 1770

"If it's an extreme situation, then it's not an extreme solution, is it? Killing only comes when we're at the threat of being killed. That's how it is for everything - except for Bane."

"Everything we know so far points to Bane. And. . ."

Jotaro's eyes lost focus for a moment. He looked as if he was remembering something - something that made him angry.

". . .and even a prick like me knows true evil when I see it. I've seen what it does when it's not dealt with. It's not just about what he's done to us - but what's going on around us. He's gone above law and he's abusing the people who are actually innocent, using them for his own gain, and he's not the only one. When do they pay back what they owe, then?"

"Who will be the judge?"

Jotaro dropped the cigarette from his mouth, crushing it under his heel.

"Do whatever you think is the 'right approach', I don't care. I just know what I'll be doing. Debate with them," Jotaro jut his finger to Harper, and those who crammed to refute Makoto's point. Jotaro was already finished, and he didn't feel like giving the kid anymore to respond to. Time doesn't allow for this much talking and not enough doing.

@Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Okami @Widowmaker @Ver @Neko Shogun

jqYWtR4.png

"Gotham," Aqua repeated to those who would inform her of her whereabouts, lowering her weapon. She furrowed her brows in confusion, sweeping another glance around the area. "Until this very moment, I was trapped in a world I couldn't escape from. I'm honestly confused right now as to how I've come to end up here. I'm not dreaming, am I?" she asked the others before looking to SeeU and listening to her explanation. "You're fighting... a man with darkness in his heart?"

The woman quieted before she would spare a stoic glance to her keyblade, nodding with an unspoken understanding. "I see," she mumbled as if the weapon had imparted upon her information that the others couldn't hear. "That must be why I'm here, to help." She completely ignored the crude dick comment, finding no purpose in replying to it. The young woman seemed to be in a bit of a daze anyhow, as if she had just awoken from a coma. After having been in darkness for so long, it was difficult to immediately shake it's effects from her heart.

Aqua glanced back to the red-haired woman, not so much as a twinge of a smile crossing her lips. "I'm Aqua, who might all of you be?' she asked, directing the question anyone else interested offering their names.

@Okami @Lucky @Bomb @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Otto @Yun Lee @Kentucky @Josh @Atomic Knight@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Kaykay @Minerva @PoliceStation​
3LAPf80.png

"A man with darkness in his heart is the easiest to defeat," Vel'Koz commented with glee.

aRbW5EK.png

"This Bane character seems quite intelligent. May I propose the option of me taking his brain for study?"

8TsfNK0.png

"I am Vel'Koz. The Eye of the Void. Pleasure to meet you, lower life form."

@Okami @Lucky @Bomb @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Yun Lee @Kentucky @Josh @Atomic Knight@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Kaykay @Minerva @Neko Shogun

Felix would smirk and roll his neck a bit before looking down at Rose again, seeming a bit more cocky than usual. "Y'know... since neither of us are interested in what their saying over there, and you're obviously itching for a fight..." Felix started as he got in a fighting stance.

JayLuvLL555dc3ab88e82.jpg

"Why don't we do a bit of 'one on one' training?"

Trixie, having taken a seat for herself from an unoccupied desk, applauded Rose and Felix's demonstration of power. "Bravo, bravo. You two certainly are strong, but how much of that strength is attributed to your trinkets and doodads, huh?" the showpony inquired, "I bet I could drop that barrier of yours with just my wits, and this stone," Trixie stated, lifting a stone no larger than a fist beside herself with her telekinesis, looking very sure of herself.

@thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight

Ping!

SeeU's eyes fluttered open once again, and she looked around to make sure she was still at the GCPD. "Hello, Harper! Did I miss anything important?"

@thatguyinthestore

Trixie, having taken a seat for herself from an unoccupied desk, applauded Rose and Felix's demonstration of power. "Bravo, bravo. You two certainly are strong, but how much of that strength is attributed to your trinkets and doodads, huh?" the showpony inquired, "I bet I could drop that barrier of yours with just my wits, and this stone," Trixie stated, lifting a stone no larger than a fist beside herself with her telekinesis, looking very sure of herself.

Felix rolled his eyes at Trixie. He was getting tired of this unicorn's attitude.

latest

"Really now? These light shields are state of the art. So state of the art, in fact, that most UNSC soldiers only dream of getting their hands on these babies. But, just to get you to hopefully shut the fuck up, I'll humor you."

"Take your best shot."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomic Knight

tumblr_inline_nl2hdiC5Ov1sv22sw.png

"(muffled) Not really." Harper said, her voice slightly muffled due to the almonds in her mouth. After swallowing said almonds, she'd continue. "Just the same shit."

@Yun Lee

"Ohhh, I see." A pause. "Um...what does 'shit' mean? Is it a synonym for 'stuff'?"

@thatguyinthestore
tumblr_inline_n9fq7bPAJW1sypacu.png

"Yeah... you're spot on!" Harper said, her lips curling into a smile before she briefly turned to Aoko and glared daggers at the red head before she did what she did last time.

To hopefully avert SeeU away from the subject, however, Harper tilted the opened end of her almond bag toward her. "Want some more almonds?"

@Yun Lee @Ver

Felix rolled his eyes at Trixie. He was getting tired of this unicorn's attitude.

latest

"Really now? These light shields are state of the art. So state of the art, in fact, that most UNSC soldiers only dream of getting their hands on these babies. But, just to get you to hopefully shut the fuck up, I'll humor you."

"Take your best shot."

1063153_1340912711820_full.jpg

Not even moving from her seat, Trixie eyed Felix down. "Oh, with pleasure. And know that this day, your magic was bested by The Grrreat, and Powerful- TEACUP!" the showpony blurted out, having lobbed the stone over the lip of Felix's shield. With her titular monologue cut short, a bright bolt of magic shot out from her horn and connected with the stone, transforming it into

View attachment 1772

a teacup poodle! How adorable! The fluffy little critter landed atop Felix's helmet with a flop, yipping and scratching against the mercenary's visor, trying to hang on.

Jimmy joined with the rest of the group at the GCPD. He hobbled over to everyone else wondering what was going on here.​

jqYWtR4.png

"Gotham," Aqua repeated to those who would inform her of her whereabouts, lowering her weapon. She furrowed her brows in confusion, sweeping another glance around the area. "Until this very moment, I was trapped in a world I couldn't escape from. I'm honestly confused right now as to how I've come to end up here. I'm not dreaming, am I?" she asked the others before looking to SeeU and listening to her explanation. "You're fighting... a man with darkness in his heart?"

The woman quieted before she would spare a stoic glance to her keyblade, nodding with an unspoken understanding. "I see," she mumbled as if the weapon had imparted upon her information that the others couldn't hear. "That must be why I'm here, to help." She completely ignored the crude dick comment, finding no purpose in replying to it. The young woman seemed to be in a bit of a daze anyhow, as if she had just awoken from a coma. After having been in darkness for so long, it was difficult to immediately shake it's effects from her heart.

Aqua glanced back to the red-haired woman, not so much as a twinge of a smile crossing her lips. "I'm Aqua, who might all of you be?' she asked, directing the question anyone else interested offering their names.​
Aoko06.png

"Aqua, huh? Pretty cute name! I suppose it does fit someone like you," Aoko said, complimenting Aqua. The name reminded Aoko of her own, how ironically irritating it is that a redhead like her ended up with a name that meant "blue," but as she said, in least in Aqua's case it fit her.

"Still, such a vibrant name, and all it needs now is a smile to complete it with! You certainly look like you could use one for yourself!" She let out a slight laugh, before clearing her throat and continuing, "We're all coming up with some ideas, though really, it's best to just rest right now. We have all the time in the world! ... Probably. And just as you could stand to smile for yourself, you look like you could take a breather to relax and unwind. You look like you've been through hell, Aqua. Dunno anything about this Dark Realm you said, but... I'll assume it wasn't the nicest place to be in, hmm?"

When Makoto spoke up again, Aoko once again let Jotaro do the talking, before it seemed like he was done, fortunately or unfortunately for the ahoge boy. No one else seemed super inclined to discuss anything at the moment, perhaps either too tired at the moment or simply being incapable of such. Knowing people, Aoko genuinely couldn't figure out which was more likely for most of the people around. Not that she was much better in this case, but... Well. One would think with such a crowd...

"It's a pretty complicated situation we've got goin' here. Like JoJo over there said -- I can call you that, right? -- If it's what you truly believe is right, then that's that. No one can take that away from you. You might be better off talking to Mister Wayne and Aquawoman over there then, since I guess they've taken charge, like de facto leaders. I'm a traveler; I just go where the wind takes me, and if it happens to be where you're pointing, then I'll go with you."

That was all she could say for now. It was an uncertain situation, one that Aoko could imagine took a lot out of people to even be a part of... and people could certainly be unpredictable in these kinds of situations.

@Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Josh @Anybody

Last edited:
1063153_1340912711820_full.jpg

Not even moving from her seat, Trixie eyed Felix down. "Oh, with pleasure. And know that this day, your magic was bested by The Grrreat, and Powerful- TEACUP!" the showpony blurted out, having lobbed the stone over the lip of Felix's shield. With her titular monologue cut short, a bright bolt of magic shot out from her horn and connected with the stone, transforming it into

View attachment 1772

a teacup poodle! How adorable! The fluffy little critter landed atop Felix's helmet with a flop, yipping and scratching against the mercenary's visor, trying to hang on.

Before the thing collided with Felix's helmet, however, Felix would have caught it nonchalantly with his free hand.

"Really? A poodle?" Felix asked before setting it down and opening the door, releasing it free into the streets of Gotham. Turning back to the unicorn, Felix smirked and waved her off. "Now how about you trot along now, scamp?" He asked in a devilishly patronizing tone.

K had followed the others into the GCPD, eager to discover just what was happening in the city. Or even what world he was on now, and just why he wasn't in Los Angeles and more.

Familiarity struck, as he saw the girl from earlier near the group of folks. Ann. He approached her, smiling weakly and covering his gun up with his coat. She had done some practically supernatural things earlier; things he wasn't quite sure of. "Hey, Ann." He wasn't really sure what to say after, but his mind raced. There was nobody here to tell him what to do; he had some sort of... free will, he supposed. So what to say? "Earlier, during the fight. You... changed clothes? I think? And then the other person appeared and started shooting fire... I'm sorry if I sound crazy. I just don't understand what happened out there."

@Minerva

K had followed the others into the GCPD, eager to discover just what was happening in the city. Or even what world he was on now, and just why he wasn't in Los Angeles and more.

Familiarity struck, as he saw the girl from earlier near the group of folks. Ann. He approached her, smiling weakly and covering his gun up with his coat. She had done some practically supernatural things earlier; things he wasn't quite sure of. "Hey, Ann." He wasn't really sure what to say after, but his mind raced. There was nobody here to tell him what to do; he had some sort of... free will, he supposed. So what to say? "Earlier, during the fight. You... changed clothes? I think? And then the other person appeared and started shooting fire... I'm sorry if I sound crazy. I just don't understand what happened out there."

@Minerva
Ann looked at K and smiled. "Oh, that? That was my Persona, Carmen. I call upon her when I face Shadows." She bit her lip. "Something confuses me as well, though. I should wear my red Panther outfit all the time if this is the Metaverse, but I'm not. Something's weird here."

Ann looked at K and smiled. "Oh, that? That was my Persona, Carmen. I call upon her when I face Shadows." She bit her lip. "Something confuses me as well, though. I should wear my red Panther outfit all the time if this is the Metaverse, but I'm not. Something's weird here."
K blinked, mouth opening to say something but stopping himself. His smile faltered, as he considered what the girl had said. Should he question it any further? It was perhaps something beyond his own understanding, and as such... no further questioning required. "Yeah. Something is wrong here. I've never heard of a Gotham City or anything like this. Everything feels too... pre-Blackout." He looked up at the girl. "Do you know what that is?"

tumblr_inline_n9fq7bPAJW1sypacu.png

"Yeah... you're spot on!" Harper said, her lips curling into a smile before she briefly turned to Aoko and glared daggers at the red head before she did what she did last time.

To hopefully avert SeeU away from the subject, however, Harper tilted the opened end of her almond bag toward her. "Want some more almonds?"

@Yun Lee @Ver
"I would, thank you!" SeeU took some almonds and started eating. "I love this shit!"

She ate in silence for a bit, then looked to Harper. "Say...can you please tell me all of the bad words you know? That way, I know never to say them. I don't want to say something like that d-word again..."

@thatguyinthestore

Before the thing collided with Felix's helmet, however, Felix would have caught it nonchalantly with his free hand.

"Really? A poodle?" Felix asked before setting it down and opening the door, releasing it free into the streets of Gotham. Turning back to the unicorn, Felix smirked and waved her off. "Now how about you trot along now, scamp?" He asked in a devilishly patronizing tone.

Felix would quickly notice that all he turned back around to see was Trixie's hat and cape resting limp in a pile on her chair. Having dashed around Felix's blind spot while the mercenary's attention was fixed on the poodle, Trixie charged a large blast of wild magic within her horn, and shot it at Felix from behind!

"I would, thank you!" SeeU took some almonds and started eating. "I love this shit!"

She ate in silence for a bit, then looked to Harper. "Say...can you please tell me all of the bad words you know? That way, I know never to say them. I don't want to say something like that d-word again..."

@thatguyinthestore
"Well that depends. Do you mean swear words in general or just the sexual ones?" Harper asked, cause one was a lot easier than the other.

Harper knew a lot of cuss words.

@Yun Lee

Felix would quickly notice that all he turned back around to see was Trixie's hat and cape resting limp in a pile on her chair. Having dashed around Felix's blind spot while the mercenary's attention was fixed on the poodle, Trixie charged a large blast of wild magic within her horn, and shot it at Felix from behind!

Taken by surprise from her attack, Felix barely had time to conjure up his hardlight shield! Luckily he did in the nick of time, however the attack still sent him skidding back a bit due to its ferosity.

Oh. Right. There were sexual ones. "U-Um...maybe just...semi-bad ones first. I may overload if I hear the very bad ones right away." Lord knows Gotham was the worst place for that to happen.

@thatguyinthestore

K blinked, mouth opening to say something but stopping himself. His smile faltered, as he considered what the girl had said. Should he question it any further? It was perhaps something beyond his own understanding, and as such... no further questioning required. "Yeah. Something is wrong here. I've never heard of a Gotham City or anything like this. Everything feels too... pre-Blackout." He looked up at the girl. "Do you know what that is?"
The... blackout? Ann hadn't heard of such a thing. There was almost a potential international Economic Blackout had Medjed won. She shook her head. "No, I'm not familiar with it. Gotham is strange too. Though, I have heard it was a name for New York while I was there with my parents. Was the blackout caused by a group of hackers?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back