Sheiwor, Land of the sword.[Interest Check] [Medieval Era][Sword Magic]CLOSED

Rachel Rider

Smol Turtle Girl
Sheiwor is and island sustained weakly by a central government. Normal life is good, however, for those who are looking for something more, there was the magic of Forgery.

Forgery is the magic of binding soul and metal, creating a weapon that is truly part of you. Forgery can also add spirits, essences that hover around this world, to an item. A soul sword is powerful, and a spirit sword is otherworldly.

Once one turns 17 (Because screw 16 and 18!), you travel to the forgery to receive your soul sword. This is customary as every citizen could be called upon for military service due to its hostile neighbors. However, those who wanted too could decide to embark on a journey to each spirit well in the four provinces. The journey was perilous, and as such the journey is a group effort of all who decided to embark on it.

If you want to get a good grasp of the mechanic and plot please look at the Story and Mechanics tab.

Once enough people (5 including myself) show interest, I will open. I am good having up to 15 people.
To join please create a character sheet containing the following information:
Name, Gender, Province(Teyent to the Northwest, Yema to the North, Keyena to the Northeast, Meci in the middle, Beyach in the southwest, Dage to the south, and Rangei to the southeast. For more information look at the Provinces tab)
And a description of the character and the sword they have.
Post it below under a Spoiler, do not peek at others stuff, please!

There will be a full explanation of how the spirits and battling work on the mechanics and story tab

Last edited:
Sounds interesting! You can count me in, I'll get a CS made up asap. They're being posted here I imagine?

Quick question though, are there any limitations with us creating 'soul swords'? As in, can it be any type of sword or are we limited to whats considered traditional (don't get me wrong I love traditional, just asking for the sake of asking!).
Also are there any features that all of the swords share that identify them as 'soul swords'? (like a big arse gem or smth idk?)

Last edited:
No, there is not an identifying feature per say, and depending on what your character background is, it can differ depending on how much money the family has. If your rich, a lavish sword is to be expected, poor then a simple sword will be more believable. It can be any design that could be made realistically and can be used. An Image would be appreciated as well! Also Yes the CS are posted here. Please do not peak at the others!

That's good to know!

Did you want them posted under read-mores (or whatever this site's version of them is) in that case? Otherwise it might be difficult not to see other people's posts.
I'm not 100% sure on how to do the read more thing, but worst comes to worst I can always send you a Google Docs link?

Oop scratch that I figured out how to do it.

Last edited:
There should be an option called "Spoiler" if you use this then they won't be visible until you click on a button. That should help people from seeing your stuff!

I just found it. You may want to add that you don't want us to look at each other's CS's in your paragraph above though, just in case people don't bother to scroll down to read the rest of this.

This is a very interesting idea and I can't wait to try it out!

Name: Eden Rosemary, Eedee
Province: Dage
Description: Eden Rosemary stands at about 5'4", and weighs roughly 125 lbs. With a slim, slightly pear-shaped body, making her hips are wider than her chest/breasts. She has light beige skin with light bubblegum pink dyed hair, but naturally has dirty blonde, nearly brown, hair and grey-green eyes. She stands up straight and tends to appear confident in herself. She tries to dress in men's/boy's clothing more than women's skirts and dresses as it gives her more mobility. She is polite, but has a little bit of sass, and tries to make the most of life. She can have mood swings and can be unpredictable at times. She often has her "head in the clouds" and daydreams a lot.
Sword: A broadsword made of steel, with a wooden hilt with small, fine detailing carved into the pommel and "Eden Rosemary" carved into the hilt. The sheath is wooden covered in a dark blue cotton fabric.

Also, what time period does this take place? Or, if it is a different world than our own, what is the style/technology of the time period?

Last edited:
This is in a different world, It has simple Ironworking (Swords, duh) but no industrialization. Still mainly agriculture based. However, there are simple telescopes and basic knowledge of medicine (No bloodletting, but also no Vaccines) so you can go off of that.

As for the design of the sword, is it a long sword or short sword? What metal? If you need more help I suggest googling sword making to get a better understanding.
You can keep the pink hair, as dying would be available, but work out the other more "Modern" things. Overall it's a good desighn! I'm glad you decided to look into this!

Let me know if there's anything you have questions about/would like to discuss.

Name; Jareth Ramsey
Gender; Male
Province; Meci - Hails from the adjacent desert far to the east in a small oasis village.
Personality; Jareth is of the mind that good things will come to those who wait. Growing up in the desert planted the seeds of this idea and the remainder of his life there had it take root and begin to grow. Quiet but observant he prefers solitude but understands the importance and advantages that working with others has. With those he doesn’t know Jareth tends to be more formal and reserved, preferring to sit back and watch things play out without his involvement. With those that he does know and cares about Jareth becomes much softer and more open, willing to do nigh anything for those few that he holds closest.
Physical Description; Standing at 6” Jareth is sturdily built with broad shoulders and well muscled arms from a life of hard labour. His skin is dark and has an almost coppery tone, another result of living under the hot desert sun. His eyes, framed by dark lashes and thick brows, are ink black, there being an eerie lack of definition between the pupil and the iris. His hair, when he allows it to grow longer than it’s normal above ears length, is dark, coarse and tightly curly, normally tied back with a strip of rope. His normal attire includes soft light cotton clothing and well made leather sandals.
Sword Description; Typical of his people Jareth wields a bronze Khopesh or sickle sword. It is just over two feet in length and has a sharpened curved end. It’s hilt is made from carved and polished stone and wrapped in soft leather which serves as a grip. Along the inside of the curved blade there are a series of delicately carved symbols which spell out Jareth’s full name in the ancient language of his people.
(If you type Khopesh into Google you should get a pretty good idea of what this looks like)

Last edited:
Great! I think that it's good to go. Go look at the Mechanics tab and plan out what extra abilities you'd like! Also there's a map on the Provinces Tab.

Not sure if it's just me, I've tried reloading the page a few times but the map isn't working.

Also, as per the mechanics of the abilities. In choosing that, say I pick fire. Do I have control of fire itself as an element or do I get one specific ability that is fire based, as in a fire bolt or a firestorm or something like that?

Did you click the spoiler button? And yes, you get one specific ability that is fire based. Remember, it must be somewhat counterable.

Also, if the ability is not an offensive one but instead a defensive one or any other sort of thing that's not a 'weapon' - as in a shield or smth of the sort - then it wouldn't need to be counterable? Just thinking for down the road.

And in turn, where do you want those abilities put. On the character sheet I imagine?

One more quick thing, sorry I keep coming up with all these questions just making sure everything is all good, don't want to step on toes. If I were to choose 'Animal' could that be used as a 'summon animal' sort of thing in which one bonded animal of choice would be able to be summoned (say from a figurine or something) and in turn would be able to fight alongside the character.

Or if a 'Beast shape' ability would be possible?

On the charecter sheet. You can have 1 ability per spirit well (On in each province) and no repeating spirits, as well as one that's personality based (Soul sword, the soul is bound to the sword.) and if it is defensive, make sure that it is breakable. Also the map should be fixed now.

Yes, both those would be possible, though a figurine would not be necesary. Make sure that there is a limited time that you can use the beast shape or animal companion.

Added an ability, let me know if it's alright. It's not a combat ability particularly so I don't think there's too much to worry about. More of a minor magic trick really.

Also Map's still not working for me? Maybe try not putting it under a spoiler?

Hm... Strange. If all else fails I can try to PM you or put up a link to a page with it. But I did take it out of the spoiler.

Back