New User Short Introduction

WotUEgg

"Villain, I have done thy mother."
Where to start? I'm a complete novice when it comes to roleplay, a more experienced friend of mine having put forth the idea of joining a site like this one in order to get us both back into writing. Collaborating with others will be an interesting experience, and even though I'm a little rusty, I'm hoping I can improve my skill with time and practice. Until then you may have to suffer the usual grammar cock-ups and habitually misspelt words.

Constructive criticism is thoroughly encouraged, as my aim is to really capture and hold attention, to deliver fuller, richer narratives without sacrificing pace and flow. Highlighting which parts are clunky and which could use some polishing would be of great benefit. (It's alright, you can be a little rough with me, I can handle it.)

That said, I look forward to conspiring with you all.

Great to have you on board! Always nice to see someone who wants to improve. I trust you know how to have your account approved?
And also are there any specific genres that you prefer over others when you read or watch anything?

Hello! Greetings internet user! How is life? Anything fun? What kind of roleplay do you like the most? What's your music taste?
Favourite band, movie etc? Do you need any help understanding?

Great to have you on board! Always nice to see someone who wants to improve. I trust you know how to have your account approved?
And also are there any specific genres that you prefer over others when you read or watch anything?

Not in particular, I can enjoy just about anything as long as it's approached from a refreshing perspective or handled in a compelling manner. I do have a fondness for historical settings, which varies in intensity dependant on the place and time. I also have an interest in the usual fantasy and science fiction genres, as well as harder to place material that may blend multiple aspects of each. At the end of the day, variety is what truly I relish, there's nothing I'd turn my nose up at. What about yourself? Do you find a connection (or even disconnection) with what you enjoy participating in versus what you take pleasure in consuming?

Hello! Greetings internet user! How is life? Anything fun? What kind of roleplay do you like the most? What's your music taste?
Favourite band, movie etc? Do you need any help understanding?

Ah, life.

My music taste is as wide and varied as I can make it, but I do have my favourites. Folk music is a pleasure of mine, regardless of culture and style, or if conceived on land or sea. I do lean towards the homegrown, but it's what I've had the widest exposure to. I grew up with bawdy chanties and the like, so it's all tinged with that elusive childhood magic that dissipates the moment you try to pin it down. On the subject of favourites, I prefer songs over bands, and rarely like the majority of an artist's work enough to consider them above anyone else I listen to.

As for roleplaying, I've haven't dipped my toes in enough water to know what my preferences are. What have you found that interests you in this regard? What's been the most rewarding genre to participate in? What hasn't? And of course, why?

Reactions: Nox
What about yourself? Do you find a connection (or even disconnection) with what you enjoy participating in versus what you take pleasure in consuming?

Well, I'm a bit of a novice too - I'd only started this year - so I haven't participated in enough to know my definite tastes. But going by my tastes in other media, I'd say I'm up for anything as long as it's interesting.

On another note, have there been any rp's here that have caught your eye yet?

Well, I'm a bit of a novice too - I'd only started this year - so I haven't participated in enough to know my definite tastes. But going by my tastes in other media, I'd say I'm up for anything as long as it's interesting.

On another note, have there been any rp's here that have caught your eye yet?

Haven't really cast my eye in that direction, but I'm looking forward to settling in and perusing the website's finest in the hope that something will pique my interest. How are you finding it so far?

Hello! I just joined yesterday. I am probably opposite of you, since I have 6 years (approximately) of experience in roleplaying. Feel free to ask for any help from anyone here, all I've met are helpful people. :) I'd love to roleplay with you sometime!

Hello! I just joined yesterday. I am probably opposite of you, since I have 6 years (approximately) of experience in roleplaying. Feel free to ask for any help from anyone here, all I've met are helpful people. :) I'd love to roleplay with you sometime!

Six years is quite some time. What has been your favourite project to take part in and how did you get into roleplaying in the first place? Any oft repeated mistakes you see novices make? As I'm curious, what for you personally results in a fulfilling experience and what makes for a lackluster one?

Six years is quite some time. What has been your favourite project to take part in and how did you get into roleplaying in the first place? Any oft repeated mistakes you see novices make? As I'm curious, what for you personally results in a fulfilling experience and what makes for a lackluster one?
My favorite project? I'm going to presume in terms of roleplaying, then I'd say it was a Pokemon roleplay from a long time ago. If not, I personally love writing. I'm not the best, but roleplaying has always helped me improve my writing skills. I first got into roleplay when I was on Facebook, and I saw a character from a game I really like on Facebook, even multiple accounts related to it. So, I made one myself and got addicted. As for newcomers, you seem already very talented. Most beginners use * for action, and use text speech when talking. So, you already seem good. :) The most fulfilling roleplays are the ones that cover multiple genres, like adventure/romance is one I had that ended up wonderful, and that are typically different and engaging. For example, I had a roleplay where it was supernatural, but instead of a typical romance or something, it was action/romance, with mechanical suits and witches. The action scene was so fun. It also relies on both or all roleplayers responding with the most information possible, or the longest replies. The lackluster would be the opposite of what I just described; a typical roleplay, like a highschool one, with romance, with very little details from both sides. But even the typicals can be fun if the roleplayers are advanced enough.

My favorite project? I'm going to presume in terms of roleplaying, then I'd say it was a Pokemon roleplay from a long time ago. If not, I personally love writing. I'm not the best, but roleplaying has always helped me improve my writing skills. I first got into roleplay when I was on Facebook, and I saw a character from a game I really like on Facebook, even multiple accounts related to it. So, I made one myself and got addicted. As for newcomers, you seem already very talented. Most beginners use * for action, and use text speech when talking. So, you already seem good. :) The most fulfilling roleplays are the ones that cover multiple genres, like adventure/romance is one I had that ended up wonderful, and that are typically different and engaging. For example, I had a roleplay where it was supernatural, but instead of a typical romance or something, it was action/romance, with mechanical suits and witches. The action scene was so fun. It also relies on both or all roleplayers responding with the most information possible, or the longest replies. The lackluster would be the opposite of what I just described; a typical roleplay, like a highschool one, with romance, with very little details from both sides. But even the typicals can be fun if the roleplayers are advanced enough.

I also agree on finding mixed genres appealing, particularly those that don't often appear together. By the sounds of things your roleplay experiences so far have been quite original, after all it's not often you see mechanical suits and witches in the same sentence, let alone media. And thank you for being so helpful!

I also agree on finding mixed genres appealing, particularly those that don't often appear together. By the sounds of things your roleplay experiences so far have been quite original, after all it's not often you see mechanical suits and witches in the same sentence, let alone media. And thank you for being so helpful!
Most have been original, they can be hard to come up with if no one knows what to do, but that's where brainstorming comes in. I think that the mechanical suits and witch one was about rivalry gangs, set in a futuristic setting. The romance was between my character, the current leader of the mech gang, and a member of the witch gang. It was intriguing, and there was even an antagonist. And you're welcome! Feel free to send me a message if you want to roleplay sometime!

Most have been original, they can be hard to come up with if no one knows what to do, but that's where brainstorming comes in. I think that the mechanical suits and witch one was about rivalry gangs, set in a futuristic setting. The romance was between my character, the current leader of the mech gang, and a member of the witch gang. It was intriguing, and there was even an antagonist. And you're welcome! Feel free to send me a message if you want to roleplay sometime!

Will do, your information has been very insightful. If you ever have any weird and wonderful ideas you want to see executed, I'm open to any and all suggestions, don't hesitate to ask.

How are you finding it so far?

Pretty good thanks, there's a range of genres that you can choose from and people are generally v friendly. In fact, I feel like I'd bitten off more than I could chew in my excitement to get started lol.

Seems like you've got a few people good to play a few round with you so I doubt it'll be too long before you can start partaking in the fun stuff. Are you more into 1 on 1's or group stuff?

Pretty good thanks, there's a range of genres that you can choose from and people are generally v friendly. In fact, I feel like I'd bitten off more than I could chew in my excitement to get started lol.

Seems like you've got a few people good to play a few round with you so I doubt it'll be too long before you can start partaking in the fun stuff. Are you more into 1 on 1's or group stuff?

I've not experienced either yet, so couldn't tell you for sure. I'm itching to get writing but the mate I joined up with is currently planning a D&D session so isn't looking for anything that's too much of an undertaking. What I'd be anxious about the most is holding back a group with slow or late replies, as I'm unsure about the system used, is it turn based? All factors considered, I'd say I lean more to one on one or small and forgiving groups, at least until I find my feet.

What about yourself? Are there any larger group roleplays you're currently invested in? Or are you also more for the smaller scale?

What about yourself? Are there any larger group roleplays you're currently invested in? Or are you also more for the smaller scale?

I've not participated in an epic yet, to be quite honest I've no idea how they work either, haha. So I guess I'm more of a small-scale person myself trying to work my way up to larger groups.
And I have the same worries with the slow reply thing, but I'm sure people understand that sometimes life gets busy :). Right now I'm doing 2 group RPs and one 1-on-1s and it's quite fun,really. Not too much pressure to post.
If you're itching to write, I'm sure your friend won't mind if you join a small 1 on 1 or something, if not just to get the feel of things.

I've not participated in an epic yet, to be quite honest I've no idea how they work either, haha. So I guess I'm more of a small-scale person myself trying to work my way up to larger groups.
And I have the same worries with the slow reply thing, but I'm sure people understand that sometimes life gets busy :). Right now I'm doing 2 group RPs and one 1-on-1s and it's quite fun,really. Not too much pressure to post.
If you're itching to write, I'm sure your friend won't mind if you join a small 1 on 1 or something, if not just to get the feel of things.

I'll have to keep an eye out and see if anything catches my attention. I'd also like to thank you for your replies, they've been a treat each time, and a real asset in answering my queries and soothing my uncertainties. I hope that perhaps we can write together at some point, once you're not quite so busy of course, and only if you'll have me.

I'll have to keep an eye out and see if anything catches my attention. I'd also like to thank you for your replies, they've been a treat each time, and a real asset in answering my queries and soothing my uncertainties. I hope that perhaps we can write together at some point, once you're not quite so busy of course, and only if you'll have me.

Aw, thanks man! And, definitely, I think writing with you'd be great.
You might need to be a bit patient with me, my exams are coming up in a bit so I can't start anything right now. But definitely soon, haha :)

Back