Somnium Aeternum Somnium Aeternum (OOC/Discussion)

So just a quick question. Is the undercurrents thread over? If it is I'm gonna go start up a new one. Anyone can join.

So just a quick question. Is the undercurrents thread over? If it is I'm gonna go start up a new one. Anyone can join.
I was going to post in with my character interacting with Teagan due to the action.....but my character still hasn't been approved yet. I won't request that everyone wait on my part. If everyone wants to go ahead and move on, then go for it.

I was thinking of making a second post, running off of the repercussions in undercurrents. Essentially, with Mavers dead, a few higher ups and bigger guys have taken notice, and as the power vacuum open up, more entities start to get thrown into danger.

Character approved.

Some stuff under the hood of the site made it to where I couldn't post here, just got it fixed.

Just a note on the whole question of when to start a new thread.

I'd prefer us not to do each small scene with its own thread, at least for now while we're still very small and growing. If it's part of the same plot-line, let's try to keep it a little condensed for the time being. For example, when Valle and Dr. Bell are done with their interaction in Bell's office in "The Vanishing," my next post with Erin will still be in that thread with a new bolded location at the time rather than starting a new thread.

Thanks!

The scene at the nightclub was pretty much dead. The perpatrator had fled the scene, no one seemed too keen to follow (48 hours should be enough of a gap.) So now, a meeting is taking place between several groups to discuss these turn of events. They have all sent a representative as a proxy. Some other mob bosses, some corporations, a bunch of interest groups have pitched in to make an example of those who mess with their investments.

The scene at the nightclub was pretty much dead. The perpatrator had fled the scene, no one seemed too keen to follow (48 hours should be enough of a gap.) So now, a meeting is taking place between several groups to discuss these turn of events. They have all sent a representative as a proxy. Some other mob bosses, some corporations, a bunch of interest groups have pitched in to make an example of those who mess with their investments.
So we'll continue this in the undercurrents thread then cause I'm totally in.

Name:
Anastasia Lowenthaal
Ana

Security Chief - Genesis Technologies

Physical Description:
Ana is a short, blonde woman with amber eyes. Years of combat and physical training have left her with a muscular frame. Perhaps her most striking feature are her legs: everything below her waist is cybernetic, the result of an injury from her military days. Her modifications are sleek and top of the line, owing to her connections within the company. She has an infectious smile and a smooth voice. Her accent is flat, like an American's, but she puts odd emphasis on certain syllables.

She wears either formal business clothes with skirts that emphasize her legs, or tactical gear. While incognito, she wears street clothes and tries to blend in with crowds.

640x935_19080_Andromeda_s_Fall_2d_illustration_sci_fi_girl_woman_soldier_weapon_picture_image_digital_art_zps757698cd.jpg

ee3f3e5146b5fe6adba712e13334a35f.png

Biographical Information:
It'll seem like she's told you all about herself, but by the time you've shaken hands and started to walk away, you realize you were the one spilling the beans. Ana is GenTech's Security Chief, a job that comes in two parts. The first part is ensuring that GenTech is safe from both internal and external threats. The second part is ensuring that other corporations are not. She is proficient at both.

Her daily regimen (and possibly a little illicit drug use) allows her to function on two to four hours of sleep per night, and she does not keep standard office hours, lending the impression that she never sleeps at all. She allows such rumors to flourish, as long as they're good rumors. The bad ones don't last long, and neither do the unfortunate souls who spread them. The rumor that she was some sort of black operative seems, for the most part, to be true.

In addition to her combat training, she is an expert manipulator and interrogator, which makes her indispensable to her superiors. At least for now. She knows that big business is never a sure thing, and tries to keep several contingency plans on standby in case an executive gets too pushy or an asset leaves a mess for her to clean up.

Additional Information:
WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: Morgan Rivers' former boss. She can neither confirm nor deny that Morgan was her employee. She is, however, not aware that Morgan is alive, let alone that he is Aeon. [If this isn't okay, I will just say she replaced the person who bombed you.]

WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: Has an expansive dossier on Aphrodite Jones, and is constantly trying to recruit her.

WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: Has a working relationship with Bell. Pays well, and her information is usually current.

WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: If she does not know Liam Suez from the NAPD, she knows him from Helping Hands.

WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: Knows Erin Valle, and calls her Evie just to push buttons.

She has a sour relationship with the NAPD, who suspect she's involved with countless major and minor crimes but has thus far been unable to prove anything. She spends so much time under investigation that GenTech has set aside a team of lawyers just for their Security division.

Name:
Anastasia Lowenthaal
Ana

Physical Description:
Ana is a short, blonde woman with amber eyes. Years of combat and physical training have left her with a muscular frame. Perhaps her most striking feature are her legs: everything below her waist is cybernetic, the result of an injury from her military days. Her modifications are sleek and top of the line, owing to her connections within the company. She has an infectious smile and a smooth voice. Her accent is flat, like an American's, but she puts odd emphasis on certain syllables.

She wears either formal business clothes with skirts that emphasize her legs, or tactical gear. While incognito, she wears street clothes and tries to blend in with crowds.

640x935_19080_Andromeda_s_Fall_2d_illustration_sci_fi_girl_woman_soldier_weapon_picture_image_digital_art_zps757698cd.jpg

It'll seem like she's told you all about herself, but by the time you've shaken hands and started to walk away, you realize you were the one spilling the beans. Ana is GenTech's Security Chief, a job that comes in two parts. The first part is ensuring that GenTech is safe from both internal and external threats. The second part is ensuring that other corporations are not. She is proficient at both.

Her daily regimen (and possibly a little illicit drug use) allows her to function on two to four hours of sleep per night, and she does not keep standard office hours, lending the impression that she never sleeps at all. She allows such rumors to flourish, as long as they're good rumors. The bad ones don't last long, and neither do the unfortunate souls who spread them. The rumor that she was some sort of black operative seems, for the most part, to be true.

In addition to her combat training, she is an expert manipulator and interrogator, which makes her indispensable to her superiors. At least for now. She knows that big business is never a sure thing, and tries to keep several contingency plans on standby in case an executive gets too pushy or an asset leaves a mess for her to clean up.

Additional Information:
WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: Morgan Rivers' former boss. She can neither confirm nor deny that Morgan was her employee. She is, however, not aware that Morgan is alive, let alone that he is Aeon. [If this isn't okay, I will just say she replaced the person who bombed you.]

WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: Has an expansive dossier on Aphrodite Jones, and is constantly trying to recruit her.

WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: Has a working relationship with Bell. Pays well, and her information is usually current.

WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: If she does not know Liam Suez from the NAPD, she knows him from Helping Hands.

WITH PERMISSION FROM PLAYER: Knows Erin Valle, and calls her Evie just to push buttons.

She has a sour relationship with the NAPD, who suspect she's involved with countless major and minor crimes but has thus far been unable to prove anything. She spends so much time under investigation that GenTech has set aside a team of lawyers just for their Security division.
Yeah sure, and I'll make Liam know her too. I'm open to expanding the relations between the two if you are.

Name:
Anastasia Lowenthaal
Ana

Physical Description:

Additional Information:

I'm gucci with that as well

So I made up some bullshit name for a "sector" in New Acadia. I hope that's okay. If it isn't I can just go ahead and change it to Downtown or something

Last edited:
Anyone looking for an avenue to get involved? I could use some more characters in The Vanishing and I've got some good in-builds for someone if they need a jump start.

I would say that Ava needs a way in. I would say Tegan as well, but I don't want to speak for Aylura, though getting 1 involved would probably involve the other.

Name: Emily Lucian

Physical Description (images welcome):
d77389d01d4f63befffbb52d9f34ac18.jpg

Emily stands at 5'9" and weighs 165 lbs. She has fair skin and undercut blonde hair combed to the side. Usually wears a simple pullover black hoodie with a pair of skinny ripped jeans along with red sneakers. When on the job, she never strays from her combat gear.
b547274db1257313f85efd1b75d2ada8.jpg

(A full look at her combat gear)

Biographical Information:Emily, since she was very young, has always been a very special child. She was a very fun loving and happy-go-lucky person. Her smile was infectious. But at the age of 10, she lost her parents to a hitman. She cried into their corpses, trying to wake them up. In the weeks that followed, she lived on the streets, surviving on the sympathy of others. She eventually got picked up by an old lady who fortunately was the godmother of a foster home for children. From there she started going to school. And she was at the top of her game. Always acing her tests and exams.

She made many friends and virtually everyone loved her. But by the age of 15, her whole life crumbled down for the second time. Her foster home caught on fire and burned down everyone inside along with it. She wasn't there when it happened. She was out getting herself food. When she got back, the massive fire lit up her eyes as tears fell down her cheeks. From that day onward, she became an emotionally weak person. On that day also, she decided that she wanted to be a part of the NAPD. To be able to stop whatever happened to her happen to anyone else. She started getting herself ready, training herself. Once her body was in shape, she applied for the Police Academy.

Needless to say, she was performing beyond the expectations of her uppers. She was physically and mentally magnificent. She passed any and all tests with flying colors. The tragedies of her life hardened her, yet she still retains her lovable character—albeit vulnerable. As soon as she graduated three years later, she was put on the field. And the department assigned her to be Liam Suez's partner. They became inseparable. They both shared the same love for justice. They both performed well together on the field. Liam became like a father to Emily and soon she became like a daughter to Liam. A year before Liam quit the force and started the Helping Hands, Emily was put into the NAPD Special Units. Her skills made her a valuable asset and made her the leader of her Special Units team.

She still keeps in contact with Liam and is secretly a part of the Helping Hands. She updates their database constantly and her team helps out all the time. Though they can't help with the conflict between him and the NAPD.

Additional Information:
Her close relationship with Liam can be used against her. Her emotional instability can cause Liam to be a weapon used against her.

Last edited:
Back