New User Steel sharpens steel

Veni-Vidi-Respondi

I came, I saw, I responded
I had been out of the practice of writing for many years, when a friend of mine who makes a small income publishing stories online begun inspiring me to get back on the proverbial horse. He gave me John Truby's "The Anatomy of Story" and I began compiling a list of ideas I had come up with over the years, while many lost to the annals of time. I chose one and began to put finger to keys and found my ability not where I left it. From the will to wrangle writers block, to repetitive vocabulary troupes, I was falling in old pit falls.

I started my journey writing on play-by-post forums because me and my friends didn't live close and couldn't afford D&D books. This lead to a long career of forum roleplay from Harry Potter, Star Wars, Matrix, Mutant, Real-world, Forgotten Realms, original fantasy and many others. I feel my skills improved leaps and bounds when I was inspired creatively by others in the play-by-post settings and there were always wonderful writers and people laying in every community over the years. Now I find myself less drawn to specific genres, to the ire of my D&D group, I'm always interested in fresh settings, characters and stories. I hope here is a place we can craft some collaborative stories together, re-hone my skills and have some fun.

I'm going to poke around the forums now but if anyone has anything going on that they want another member for send me a link here or inbox me. I'm open to pretty much any genre, currently I've been on a bit of a Cyberpunk faze, I'm reading Neuromancer and playing Shadowrun but I'm a sucker for a good hook.

Hello and welcome to STC!, I hope tp see you around the forums soon : D

I'm doing an interest check for an rp I would like to start in the future and i'm recruiting players ^^ It's of the supernatural genre, here you can check it out ^^.

Roleplay! AADC

Also, to get your account approved as soon as possible, being active in the chat and general forums where you can post, helps plenty : ) getting involved with the community and all ;3

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle :)

Roleplaying is indeed a great way to improve upon general writing, and we more than encourage all manner of writing pursuits. We even have a writing forum setup in our creative forums for people to share their personal works or to get community feedback if they wish.

We would love to see some of your stuff if you got the mind to share.

In the meanwhile if you need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Back