Swatting

SacredWarrior

Umbra Witch
https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/29/alleged-swatting-hoax-death-father-of-two/

In light of this terrible tragedy, I'd like to bring up a discussion about swatting in general. I think that it needs to be punished very heavily and severely. I don't care if the perpetrator is a minor or not. Swatting is terrorism and it needs to be treated as such.

I've been saying this for God knows how long. Considering how stupid the U.S. is, they never do anything about recent trends until someone dies and this is no different. Swatting should've been taken seriously a long time ago.

Have any of you or anyone you know been swatted? What was it like and how did you react?

I've never been swatted but I do not like the thought of police teaming up on anyone and hurting them without solid proof they did anything wrong.

I've never been swatted but I do not like the thought of police teaming up on anyone and hurting them without solid proof they did anything wrong.

Police pretty much have to respond to any call that they get because they're obligated to. Usually when a swatting happens, the fake call is about something huge like a hostage situation, a bomb threat, a mass murder, etc. That's why SWAT teams are always seen during swatting incidents

Police pretty much have to respond to any call that they get because they're obligated to. Usually when a swatting happens, the fake call is about something huge like a hostage situation, a bomb threat, a mass murder, etc. That's why SWAT teams are always seen during swatting incidents

Certainly, however showing up and shining bright lights into their eyes while asking them to raise their hands and surrender then promptly shooting them for not "complying" without even checking if they're a hostage first is something the police are also apparently responsible for.

Certainly, however showing up and shining bright lights into their eyes while asking them to raise their hands and surrender then promptly shooting them for not "complying" without even checking if they're a hostage first is something the police are also apparently responsible for.

Yeah that's a huge problem with U.S. law enforcement -_- Overmilitarized and the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality

Back