New User Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound."

Jehanne

Never Knows Best
Benefactor
You know that feeling when you're up at 2:00 and realize that you used to write, like, a lot? When you can't sleep so you're googling if irony can't, in fact, be sincere? And you end up inevitably finding your way back to David Foster Wallace[1] and find a blogpost with a link to a writing style analyzer. Following the rabbit hole, you are unsurprised when you write like him, though you sincerely feel irony[2] can be a good thing. Remembering that rp site that you made a bunch of posts in, you remember your username and . And you're surprised to learn that those posts are more similar to Stephen King and Anne Rice [depending on the amount of dialogue]. And that feeling when you recall how you used to visit that site all the time seven years ago and even got a shiny staff title for a bit but suddenly disappeared due to crippling back pains? And how all this wells up inside you to the point where you search the web for rp forums and find a newly made one with too many recognizable names?

No? Just me? Oh well~

[...]

So, yeah: my name is Jehanne, I reside in the town of Internet in the country of Earth, and my age is such that I can no longer due the "this many" thing with my hands. [A quantitative issue with my limbs, and not a qualitative one of fine motor skills.] The whole point of me making this post at whyareyoustillup o'clock AM is to put myself back in a community of people who enjoy writing and creating as much as I do: from savvy to green. I recognize waaaaaay too many of the staff here -- I'm wondering if it'll be the same with the other users here, and hoping I learn to recognize many of the new faces as well.

A different place, yet with familiar faces. Nostalgic and strange in so many ways.
Serendipity? Chance? Synchronicity? I'll finish that Jung book one of these days.

[1]Requiescant in pace.
[2]Only on 5 or 6 layers of irony; he is like the little baby.[3]
[3]Though -- ostensibly for that reason -- a kid, he fell in the milk.

Last edited:
Welcome to STC

I normally would say more, but, like you, I'm on way too late (2:38) and am super sleep deprived. I guess I'll say "Good Night"

*blissfully droops head down and falls asleep*
~Qane

Hey Jehanne,

A couple of days ago I could relate as I had pretty much gotten less than six hours sleep within a 48 hour time scale. Thank God last night I slept for a good... 12 ish hours! Now I a mess up and refreshed to say welcome to the site! I believe I recognise your name. Not sure if we have spoken before. I don't believe we have. But glad to have you here and look forward to seeing you around and possibly writing together in the future!

Just to let you know, we have an account approval system before new users have access to the forums so you've done the first step of introducing yourself. Next step is to post in the community forums. The main lobby and creative forums a great places to start. And you can see old and new faces alike hopefully.

Come and also join us in chat and say hello!

Need any help, just holla!

Cream.

Hey, thanks for the welcoming posts you two, I've already visited the main lobby and posted my highly controversial and inflammatory opinions on tea and coffee and am looking forward to my permaban for such.

And hey, sleep deprivation is one of the key stages of inspiration, along with plagiarism and comfy wool socks on a cold winter's day.

I'm attempting to use all the processing power my brain can give this early in the day to remember if I saw the name Cream or variations thereof pop up anywhere in my old forum but I've ended up with a Schrödinger memory that I'm not certain if I created myself or not. The site I was on for so long was roleplaygateway, if it helps determine whether we might have met. I mention this purely for clarification and totally not because I am secretly a verbose and eccentrically programmed spambot in an undercover sting operation in attempt to undermine the competition. I spent maybe two years under this name where I was really active. There was another, similar site I was on too; but that was under a different name that shall never be spoken of again, and I am under a strict nondisclosure agreement with the powers that be to not even knowledge it's existence. I mean I could get in serious trouble just for--
...huh? Who's that at my door at this hour? Wait! You cant just barge in here! ohgodnoimsorryipromisetoneverspeakofitaga

Gateway was my home back then. Though I haven't used the site properly since... 2013/14 I believe. I had two accounts there, CriminalMinds which is kinda where Cream comes from, loooooong story. Lol. And then my multiverse account was SlightlyIrregular. I'm pretty sure I at least saw your name around, if we didn't write together. :)

Ack! A spam bot! BURN IT WITH FIRE.

(just kidding, honest).

We're pretty laid back here. We don't get all up in arms because someone mentions some other roleplaying website within the context of discussion :) As you've already noticed, there's a whole bunch of us here that used to frequent roleplaygateway. We also have droves of new faces that found their way here from other corners of the roleplaying interwebs :)

Welcome to the site! Hope to chat and roleplay with you in the future. Morning intros be the best.

Welcome to the site. Looks like you've pretty well found your way around here. I'm sure that we'll be seeing quite a bit of one another.

Hello and welcome to Storytellers! I believe I made my introduction around the same time so I understand that wonderful world of I am tired loppiness. I also think your introduction is very amusing and I am glad that it was posted xD! I really enjoy reading anything written by Anne Rice so you're now a friend of mine for even mentioning her =P! If you have any questions at all or need any help please feel free to send me a pm!

Back