The Children of Shannara - OOC

Shannara - the distant past

In Earth's distant future long after civilization as we know it was destroyed in a chemical and nuclear holocaust called the Great Wars, the world has reverted to a medieval state and magic has reemerged to supplement science as humans live among other races.

Age of Faerie

At the beginning of time, in what was known as the "Age of Faerie", the Earth was inhabited only by Faerie creatures; most or all wielded magic. Like any power (be it wealth, technology, or physical strength), magic was used by some for good and some for evil. For example, the Elves used their magic to care for the earth, while the hateful Demons used theirs to dominate and destroy. When the Demons tried to eradicate the rival Elves altogether, the Elves proved victorious by creating a magical prison called the Forbidding, to which they banished the Demons. The Forbidding locked the demons away in an alternate universe from which they could not attack the Elves. The integrity of the prison was upheld by a magical tree known as the Ellcrys. As long as the Ellcrys lived, the Demons would remain locked away.

Age of Man

Thousands of years later, the age of man came into being. The Elves still existed, but quickly found themselves few in numbers compared to the quickly growing human race and decided to go into hiding. Thousands of years passed while man and science ruled. The Elves and their magic remained hidden, as memories of their existence become nothing more than “Fairy Tales”.

The Great Wars

Sometime in the early 22nd century, mankind all but destroyed itself through nuclear, biological, and chemical holocaust. The nations of man were destroyed, and the environment and climate in many places was made entirely barren.

Birth of the Four Lands and The First Council

After an extremely long amount of time, the Earth had more or less recovered from the cataclysm of the Great Wars. Except for the ruins of man’s greatest cities and monuments, the world as everyone had known it had disappeared. New races appeared, genetically mutated by radiation from the Great Wars. These mutant human races were given names from man's ancient fairy tales: Troll, Dwarf, and Gnome. The surviving Elves also appeared from their concealment, now that the threat from the quickly multiplying men was gone. Unfortunately, chaos ensued as the four races each tried to declare their power over the other.

Fearing that the chaos would lead to the end for all of them, a group of learned men and women from all the races formed the Druid Council. Under the order of the Druids, the earth was divided up into the Four Lands, one territory for each race. The Druids then sought out all the information they could on the arts, sciences, and history of the Old World, attempting to understand what had brought about such a terrible apocalypse, so that they might learn from those mistakes and bring lasting peace and order to the land. As time progressed, the council’s plan seemed to be working and they hoped that, in time, all that was known of the Old World would eventually exist again. However, several powerful members of the Druids became convinced that magic, not science, should be the guiding force of the new world, and that it was their destiny as Elves and magic-wielders to shape the future of the races. These Elves left the Druids to form their own group, consisting of all races and led by a Druid named Brona, who took with him the Ildatch, a book of unparalleled evil power that once belonged to the Demon leader in the Age of Faerie.

The Wars of the Races

After years of growing his power, Brona, who had become known as the "Warlock Lord", orchestrated a rebellion against the Druids. Started by Men attacking out of the Southland at Brona's urging, the rebellion soon widened into what became known as the First War of the Races, with Men against all the races that were supported by the Druids—mainly the Elves and the Dwarves. Eventually, the combined power of the Council crushed the humans, but the Warlock Lord escaped to rebuild his legion, leaving the human countries to rebuild their shattered lives. Indirectly, this war led to the isolationist policy of the men of the deep Southland.

Once he recovered, the Warlock Lord and his armies returned twice more (in the Second War of the Races and the Third War of the Races) in the space of a century with years of peace in between (the equivalent of the World Wars during the time of man), until finally the Warlock
Lord was killed.

The Wishsong

The wishsong came into being when Wil Ohmsford used the Elfstones to protect the Chosen Amberle Elessedil during her quest to find the Bloodfire and restore the Ellcrys. Because Wil was only one-eighth Elf, he did not have sufficient Elven blood to use the Elfstones easily and every time he used the Stones their magic entered his blood, changing him in a way he could not understand.

Wil finally realized the nature of the change the Elfstones had inflicted on him when his children, Brin and Jair Ohmsford, were born. Both had inherited the Elven magic in their father's blood in the form of the wishsong.

While the wishsong is an extremely potent and versatile magic, like all Elven magic it depends on the strength of the user and is therefore not limitless. It can also be dangerous, as the power of the magic can take over the user and cause them to lose their mind and give in to the magic's dark influence

heyyyyyy can I mess with old tech in the RP? will it get me anything special?

btw, even if it doesn't, I'll still mess with relics of the past.

:D

*has already sorta set up Fenris as having remnants of Druid magic, is wondering if that's ok too*

@jrusso20
ooohhhh Hey Russo....I just made Kel and Cassie friends and now she's dragging him by his collar against his will

If you mind that, then I can edit it.

@Drakey

It's all good. It's a very Cassie thing to do, dragging her friends playfully by the collar to come and help her. In fact... @_BB_ if you want, Arlios could also wind up getting dragged by Cassie too. XD

whew...I don't like to godmode like that, but I felt that if I hadn't then I would have been left with a VERY short post, which is no fun at all

Also, I can't wait to take a look at that radio's insides!!!!

Aaaah haha you guys claimed all the foresty skills so now my son of the forester looks stupid XD

Also though, can we have our three being a cute lil trio of mates? I feel like Arlios gives Kel some good crap and constantly tries to jokingly woo Cassie (cause he does that to all women, and probably some men too) and knows Kel is kinda into her.

Can we establish that Arlios is the best shot if you guys are the best sneakers? And I reckon they've been hanging out in the forest together since they were little so it makes sense for them all to be kinda good at the same stuff, seeing as that's what we've ended up with? And also just cause it'd be cute XD

I'mma just have Arlios saunter out of some gal's house and bump into you now if Cassie wants to drag him along as well? The town's three best hunters on the job XD

To be fair, Cassie's the only close quarters fighter of the group. So she can be the strongest, Kel the swiftest, and Arlios the most accurate. XD

Not even 5 posts in and already there's a sort of love triangle, I love it!! And yes I'd love for all 3 of us to be a little trio. it'd be so adorable!!!

Deal! Ahahhaha I have deeply amused myself with that post so I am super ready for this rp.

Hehe yeah at the moment, Arlios is just teasing, but who knows how that could change ;p

Lol great start folks. Having remnants of old Druid magic is fine as long as it stops short of having the actual wishsong or full Druidic magic. And messing around with old tech is fine too.

Last edited:
I kiiiinda want Arlios to end up with Kel or Mahdi XD Let's see where this goes haha

XD

sooo, just to get my head straight:

Cassie - close range combat, little bit of healing

Arlios - the devilish rogue, best shot

Kel - sucks at combat! is a tech junkie, and good with anything that is information based. Also, better at healing than Cassie is.

Ahahaha perfect. Cassie does the punching, Arlios does the talking, Kel does the thinking. XD

I love it!

Also, I was thinking of making Kel truly terrifying with a flashback in my next post, is it alright with you if I have Arlios be the only witness to Kel's actions?

Yeah of course! Also, at some point I want you guys to find out that Arlios' dad is an abusive arsehole, but we can tackle that when we try and leave :p

Back