Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

@Kiki Zapatos
"First, what were you doing in there?" The lady asked. "Oh dear, you weren't in there when we moved it, were you?" She realized that must have been the case - a young Sli'f getting trapped in some place they shouldn't be was a relatively common occurrence. "Don't worry dear, we'll get you out of the scrapyard." There weren't TOO many electrical items still functioning, especially since electricity itself wasn't a common method for appliances to be powered as mana was simpler and more reliable. "Follow me, I'll take you to the entrance."
_____________________​
@SnekySnoo
"Not quite a grand warrior, but he's a Hyadn, and he's a better trained combatant than most. They don't play around at the Warmage Academies." Kyo responded calmly. "Don't get me wrong though he isn't my best fighter. That'd be Langtra, and her daughter isn't far behind Maruka either." He added. "That girl's got Hyadn chops, I'd wager a good deal on it."

Domain raised a brow, curious about where this conversation was headed. "Hmm... Sure. I'm all ears." She smirked, even as she heard Favian approach behind her. The large feline is usually quiet when he walks into a room. But it was clear that he need to let Dom know that he had arrived with the item she requested. Gently he placed it down next to her and nuzzled her face with a slight purr. Domain tried not to giggle. She loved it when he did that.

“Hm...you’ll have to introduce me to them all at some point. I’d be pleased to make their acquaintances...” he said, stifling a yawn. He looked at his plate - half eaten - and noted that the fire had all but died out behind him. He groaned with some effort, standing up slowly as his form shadowed the table. “Well, Master Kimura, I have a few documents to read over and then I must call it a night.” He leaned over and reached under the table, bringing up a bell. “If you have any questions or are prepared to retire, ring and Twelve will arrive shortly.”

"Well you will have plenty of time to get to know both of them when the groupings are decided aboard the Nomad." Kyo never stopped noticing the fire dimming, though had somehow managed to eat almost all of the food he plated for himself. It seemed Asmodeus had some as well, as he had some in the fur on his face. "Thank you Stone, I'll see you tomorrow then." He took the bell and nodded. "Thank you, for your hospitality." He politely - and rather stiffly - bowed his head and closed his eyes, his glasses sliding a short distance down his nose.

@Generik
Cass' replied "Thank you, ma'am, and honestly I have no clue. All I remember is sneaking into the ship to have a look around at the rescue dock, touching a glowing tablet, and then waking up to the sound of buzzsaws." She followed the older lady to the entrance of the junkyard, being extremely cautious as to avoid any electrical equipment. For she did not know, that electrical equipment found in junkyards was usually no longer functioning. Remaining careful, the young Sli'f trudged onward.

Stone returned the gesture before departing, his body stiff and aching. He walked past his office, shutting that door with a sigh. “Ty will be replacing all he broke...” he muttered before ascending the stairs. Before he slept, he had business to attend to. As he opened the door to his room, he saw a grey Sli’f waiting for him in his recliner. “Let’s chat...” Stone said before shutting the door.

@Kiki Zapatos
"Oh dear, sounds like you had a bad time with an old spell. Those old enchantments can be pretty unreliable you know. You must have been that Sli'f girl the taxi driver told me about~" The older lady said jovially, nudging Cass gently with a motherly smile on her lips.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
@SnekySnoo
Kyo sat in silence for a short while, thinking about his current path with Asmodeus. Eventually, he sighed, and rang the bell to call Twelve, while Asmodeus climbed down to sit in Kyo's lap. "Nice place, this. Kinda like home." The gremlin observed. "You mean like our family house. Not home." Kyo replied quietly. The place felt just as cold and empty as his family house.

The green blob of tentacles that had served dinner re emerged, making a slight gurgling noise. Twelve seemed kind enough... A long, narrow appendage sprouted from The front of it, beckoning the young Kimura to follow.

Kyo stood and Asmodeus was forced to grip his shirt to avoid falling to the floor, grumbling as he climbed a ladder Kyo made in his arm for the gremlin. "So, Twelve, how long have you been in Stone's employ?" He asked curiously.

As the blob started on, it was visible to see the macro cells of Twelve’s being move and shift until a faint click was hear. The voice Twelve spoke with was similar to that of an older, distingushed gentleman.

“I have served the master for nearly as long as he’s lived here. Though, I was not the original one to serve. That is why I’m simply referred to at ‘Twelve’. The master is...how to put it politely..? He gives off the appearance of a younger man.”

Kyo and Asmodeus laughed at that. "Explains how he knows my mum." He said out loud - his mother being into her sixties by now given that she had a dozen children over her life time with a decent stretch of time between them. Also explained how he had so much built up, considering his statements earlier. Kyo felt somewhat stupid for not realizing that Stone must be older than he looked as soon as he saw the man.

Twelve seemed to clear his nonexistent throat at the mention of Kyo mother. “Ahem...uh, yes...during his earlier days, he’d asked several noble to donate funds and materials, several of which he visited personally. Your mother and father were among those he visited...of course, they’d turned him down so, he went on and asked for another noble families help.” Twelve said, almost rehearsed. He led Kyo up the stairs, rolling over each like a tidal wave of green.

"Heard about that. My positive opinion on Stone is actually partially because of their negative opinion on him. I know that's childish but.." He just couldn't help but feel satisfied about that bit of defiance. Kyo followed the green Sli'f up the stairs. "I'm enjoying your verdant coloration by the way. Is it dye, or your diet?" He asked politely.

The young Sli'f nodded, "I guess I did, didn't I?" Cass' looked down at the dusty ground as the lady mentioned the taxi driver. She thought to herself, I acted quite reckless back there. Maybe if I had just stayed still, I wouldn't have found myself in this situation. Step by step, she continued to follow the older woman to the entrance of the park.

Twelve made a chucking noise, the gurgling of his own voice vastly different from the voice of the translator. “I believe I heard the master say it was only your father that disliked him. He may have embellished some but...he told me that your mother seemed quite smitten..” At the top of the staid, Twelve took a turn down a narrow hall towards a door at the end. “Entirely my diet. I prefer to eat green. I do enjoy roasted greens.”

@Sayasama
Jiang nodded at the woman took a deep breath and started to tell the story. “So a long time ago when I was little or well even smaller. I was the student of the healer of our tribe. So one day there was this horrible disease no one knew what to do with. Even the healer had no idea. We tried everything but nothing helped and then one day there was an wandering bard who did. So that is why I gather potion recipes and spread them with the world. So if someone finds a cure everyone would be able to know how to make it.” Jiang told using her hands where necessary using her talents as storyteller to take the girl along with the story. She made the story a bit shorter and spoke a bit faster then she normally would to impatient to wait longer to see what kind of potion the woman sold.

“Can I what is in the box?” she asked as soon as the story was over while jumping up in order to grasp a glimpse of the box standing high up.

"Ah! Potion, not poison!" Dom said, her eyes brightening when she realized that she had misheard the girl. "If its a potion you're looking for then this..." Domain said as she gave the chest a gentle tap before motioning for Favian to take it back. "Is not for you little one."She felt bad for having to make him remove the item he had just brought, but the things in which that chest holds is not for public eyes. Domain turned her attention back towards Jiang. "I'm sorry. It seems as though I had misheard you when you first walked in. If its potions you want, then no background check is needed... Well... For most of our products anyway." Domain smirked. "Please, come this way." She ushered, leading the girl through a door on the left hand side of the shop. It lead to the potion crafting room. "After you."

@Kiki Zapatos
The older lady laughed jovially and pet Cass on the top. The driver also told her that she wanted to help out. "Kiddo, you're a bit of a hero, aren'tcha?" The middle-aged red-head asked, a big grin on her face. "Almost there, once ya get out of the scrapyard d'ya think ya can getcha self home?"
______________________​
@SnekySnoo
Ah, so Twelve was a vegetarian. It gave Kyo no self-accomplishment to learn something so irrelevant but he supposed it made for good small talk. At the idea of his mother being smitten, he laughed. He wasn't sure he'd seen his mother act as if she was, but the mental image was pretty amusing.

@Sayasama
Jiang sighed disappointed she didn’t got see what was in the box, even if she didn’t had much interest in poisons. Why would someone wanted that. She know understood why the woman appeared so surprised. Her silver speech must have been wonky.

The little Leppi nodded enthusiastically at the girl. Well at least she didn’t had to wait at the owner of the shop anymore. “It’s good. ofcourse.”she answered the girl following her impatiently to the door and walked inside the room. Amazed she looked around the room. It looked nice a bit like Evita’s home but then a bit bigger.

Last edited:
Once they neared the end of the hall, Twelve opened the door to a spacious room with a large bed, covered in quilts and comforted. Next to the bed was a small window, it’s pane cracked from age. To the left we’re the shuttered doors to what appeared to be a walk in closet. To the right, a dresser.

“If you need anything at all, Master Kimura,” Twelve stated, “you need only but ring.” He referred to the bell sitting on the dresser, a replica of the one from down stairs.

Back