Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

Kyo looked around the large room - it was significantly larger than the quarters he had for himself in the Nomad - which was currently a hundred miles away anyway. "Thank you Twelve. Have a good night." He bowed politely to the Sli'f butler, smiling softly. He supposed some nightclothes would be good - he opened up his armorium and rummaged through for a moment, not caring whether or not Twelve was gone yet.

Like any good butler, Twelve took his leave when he knew his services were no longer required, slinking away unceremoniously to leave Kyo to his own.

As Twelve left Kyo, the door to Stone’s own room opened, a grey Sli’f stepping out, the shape of his body humanoid and covered in loose clothes. He bumped into Twelve, growling a threat as he went past. Twelve let the Sli’f by, a gurgle of disgust eminating from him.

@Generik Cass' smiled but it was small. "Well, I wouldn't call myself a hero, more like I stick my nose into other people's business. I'm quite updated on events around here. It's like I have a sixth sense or something..." She thought to herself, I don't think my encounter with the Athena is worth mentioning to a total stranger. However, helpful they are... They arrived at the entrance and the lady asked the young Sli'f if she could get home on her own. Cass' simply nodded and began to walk away from the scrapyard. She knew the village was nearby, in fact, it was just over the next hill, but something stopped her. The Sli'f stopped dead in her tracks when she heard a strange noise. A noise that didn't sound friendly whatsoever. It sent shivers down her spine.

Kyo changed into his night clothes and quite literally flopped into bed - Asmodeus jumping atop him and snuggling in too. Almost instantly the over-tired Hyadn fell asleep, as he did so his limbs shrunk into little nubs that wouldn't interrupt his sleep. He was absolutely exhausted - so much so that it was likely that Stone would retire after and wake before him.
_______​
The older lady laughed. "Not often I see a Sli'f that can smile~" She said happily. It was cute seeing Cass' with even a little bit of a happy face and her small size was endearing too. The lady waved Cass' as she left the scrapyard, unaware entirely of the ominous chill-rending sound that the Sli'f heard, returning to work on scrapping the huge ship.

Stone hadn’t had the best sleep the night before but it was enough to get him up just shy of dawn, allowing him to shave, bathe, and dress in one of his finer suits before the light of several stars began to show. He straightened his grey tie, the collar of his dark blue shirt closing around his neck. He dusted off his black slacks and lace his dark shoes before buttoning the black vest he wore, grey pinstripes about his chest. He grabbed his tricorn around 4 and went down stairs, greeting a sluggish Twelve on the way towards the kitchen.

Kyo was woken by Asmodeus moving, the young man groaned quietly as his arms and legs regrew, returning to their normal size just in time for him to get himself out of bed and his pajamas. He quickly put on a different outfit than the one he was wearing the night before and looked out the window for a few moments. It was just before sunrise it seemed. He briefly wondered the length of the day and night cycle in Wielden as he returned to his morning tasks - firstly making his bed - a habit from when he was travelling; no point making Twelve do it for him, he was sure the butler had enough to do as it was.

He left his room, and Asmodeus pointed out the sounds of stirring down stairs and directed Kyo towards them. It wasn't long before Kyo found Stone and Twelve and greeted them calmly - but it seemed as if the young man was rather a morning person as he'd already properly woken up from his rest.

Stone, wise awake and moving like a rabbit, went through, Passing ingredients to Twelve as he worked towards a meal to be. He smiled at Kyo, wiping the flour on his hands down the apron he wore. “Good morning, young Kimura. I hope our late sunrise didn’t disturb your rest.” He said , nodding to Asmodeus in greeting.

Kyo couldn't honestly say he was expecting someone as definitely old as Stone was to be so spry so soon after waking - unless of course he woke quite some time ago. "Nah, Mod woke me up." Mod had already retrieved his pipe and lighter and was currently lighting and packing another smoke for himself, his response to Stone was delayed considerably until he finished his task. "Mornin',"

“I see.” He responded plainly, a small smile ever about him. “Twelve and i should have something worked up momentarily if you’re willing to wait. The two I told you about last night like to arrive early. More than likely, they’re making port now.” Stone continued, a tad grim at the mentioning of the two “tax collectors”. Still, it didn’t damper his appearently chipper mood as he continued to bustle about, more or less dancing around Twelve. The green Sli’f extended a long, wiggly appendage, waving at the two while greeting them with a gurgle.

"Course I'm willing to wait." Kyo said happily. He turned and sat up on a bench behind him that seemed clear, making up a small ledge on his shoulder for Mod to sit on. They both waited, looking around the interior of the kitchen. "Hey, Stone, when was the last time you left Ostra?"

The startling noise subsided and Cass' continued on her path. She climbed up the hill and spotted her good friend Stone's house. The young Sli'f wished to speak with her friend, however, something told her she should wait. Besides, it was quite late and Cass' hadn't eaten all day. She walked down the hill carefully and began heading towards her own little hut.

Stone’s hands went to work, dicing a tuber of some kind as he looked over his shoulder. “I would have to say the last time I left Ostra was to speak to a few merchants that set up shop in a neighboring asteroid belt...so, I’d say, roughly two week starts ago. Why do you ask?”

Twelve moved about lathargically, more or less cleaning up inches Stone left whatever place in the kitchen he was in for the next spot.

@Kiki Zapatos
The startling sound returned, seemingly approaching but now it sounded as if it came from under the ground.
__________​
@SnekySnoo
"Just curiosity, really. I got the impression you don't get out much, wanted to confirm." Kyo clarified calmly, his legs idly swinging back and forth on the bench rather childishly. He continued observing the interior of the kitchen, noting the location of each utensil and bench.

Within a few Minutes, Stone had cut several flattened rice cakes into squares, toasted them with an assortment of nuts, and had spread several chuncks of a fried tuber around each, making several small bowls of the wonderfully smelling breakfast. He left several on the kitchen counter, leaving Twelve to take care and save them as he two the last two.

“Come along, Master Kimura. I fear that we may be a little late to this meeting this morning.” Stone said hurriedly.

Kyo grabbed a bowl and immediately began eating, standing up as he put his first spoonful in his mouth and moved quietly to follow Stone. He didn't talk much, Mod thankfully had plenty of questions. "So who are these guys? Frat boy buds from college?"

Stone went for his coat hanging up at the door, switching hands quickly as he tossed the bowl around to shrug it on. Through a sooonful, he said, “A mother and her son. Gang leaders.” Was all Stone said, next going for his blades hung like keys at the door.

"So..." Domain said, scanning the room before dropping her gaze back on the little girl. "What did you say you were looking for again?" She asked sheepishly. She knew the girl wanted recipes, but what kind? Which type was she looking for? The shop sold so many... Domain honestly didn't even know where to begin.
"This shop carries a very wide variety of potions and spells." Domain informed Leppi, "We even create spells that the customer cannot create on their own. But of course, that costs a little extra." Domain smirked. "We also fetch rare ingredients, but I'm sure that is well above your salary." She chuckled.

Kyo made little reaction to the added information, as if he didn't know who Stone was referring to. He was planning on acting like he didn't immediately realize who Stone was talking about - as he'd dealt with the fuckers before. The mother thought he was a young woman and tried to hit on him.
Unfortunately, Mod completely ruined the illusion that Kyo tried to set up with his loud mouth. "Hey Kyo I think I know who he's talkin' about! Those assholes with the dumb wolf motif. Remember, the mom has all those weird references to wolves?" Kyo nodded slowly. "Ah, yeah. I think I know them." He just had to take Mod's inability to hold information in his stride.

Stone looked over his shoulder as he hit the door, a quizzical look spread on his face. He said nothing but it was clear they might have words after this ordeal. Stone shook his head, opening the door to the manor quickly before taking long, purposeful strides down the make shift walk way, directing himself towards the docks as two ships - one massive and one oddly shaped - tied off to dock.

Bay-aka stretched as she walked down the gangway plank, tired from the trip. She scratched behind her wolffish ears, tail swinging back and forth behind her as she moved. Heading up the rear was her massive beast, a great white wolf that looked equally as tired. The beast was about as tall as any man, frightening most dock hands as it passed towards the second ship. “Great day to get payed, aye bud...?” She smiled. The wolf grunted, speaking in a raspy voice, “Yeah...now you can buy me more treats.” Bay-ala laughed before cutting it short, “No.”

Kyo definitely did not recognize the two ships - it had after all been a good six or so years since his last interaction with the gang leader. So, walking slightly behind Stone so as to let the larger man take the lead, Kyo with his hands behind his back, his stance relaxed, the young man headed towards the two ships. Mod yawned, and it made Kyo yawn too.

Back