New User The "Dreaded" Introduction

ElysianSyzygy

Windswept Nomad
HowdyGoofy-vi.gif

Let's get right down to it!​

Introductions (of myself) are not a strong point, so it is likely best if I keep this fairly standard. "Short and sweet"? Maybe not... Interesting? I hope so...
So here goes..!
♎

I'll go by Ely, Syzy, Elysian, and maybe a couple other names... (that is to be determined... I've not yet been given an alias which I didn't create). Anywho, I have been writing for as long as I can remember, though I am still fairly new to roleplay (a few years), and even less familiar with forums - and that is in general... not just roleplaying forums

Also, I am terrible with many terms and abbreviations. So much so that I have had people scoff at me for it. So please forgive me if I ask any "dumb" questions, and please don't base my intelligence off of the fact that I may not know what "kndjdownso" means (<I just clicked my keyboard randomly, so if that actually means something I will be shocked).

8713a478429a1e7bb3f64b37b381c9820de636787e04c18b8455dd1e85796811.jpg

So far, I have been largely involved in the creation process more than actual roleplay for various reasons.
  • Life. Seems like it likes to get it the way.
  • Drama. Not here (yet) obviously, but other places, the blind hate and poor manners is unreal.
  • Interest. Whether it is no interest in mine, my own lack of interest, or loss of interest. For whatever reason, this one happens often.
  • Knowledge. Mostly, this is an issue when I stray from my "norms"; sometimes, it is within the character (whether about the character themselves, or something they do); and others, it is lack of knowledge about the realm/genre/world of the roleplay itself.
  • Welcome. It can be difficult to feel welcome for one such as myself.
...and so on...

Unfortunately, I am limited to strictly mobile, and because I have no WiFi (and cannot afford to go over my data) I may be slow to respond, or even required to be away for a [currently] unknown amount of time.<< usually no more than a week.

Well then... bet that made me sound fun, didn't it⁉ If you have stuck around thus far, I thank you!

I am a pretty patient and generally upbeat person (albeit a tad socially intimidated and awkward).

raw
Though I did recently go through a heartbreak of sorts and am so very tired of playing games and being run around, so forgive me if I am less than courteous to ill-mannered individuals.

At any rate, please don't hesitate to speak with me. I try to be kind and not offend, and I am always looking for new friends!

I'm sure I come off as annoying or naïve most of the time, but I assure you, there is a depth to me that many could not fathom!(Also sarcasm, cynicism, and all those other -isms and non-isms

goofy1.jpg

And with that, I bid you...
ADIEU!

Hello there and Welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

I'll start off with saying that our site is pretty mobile friendly, so that should help you out a lot. In terms of availability, many of our users are adults with jobs and/or school to juggle, so we're all pretty tolerant and understanding of absences. We definitely have a number of slower paced roleplays (and roleplayers) available.

And hopefully you'll be able to shake off past drama here. We try to keep the place very upbeat and friendly. The sheer level of positive interactions with our users, and the healthy inspiration and support of each others ideas really has been helping the place flourish. It's a trend we intend to continue nurturing!

Also... for being bad at introductions you did a right fine job with yours! I've always hated writing the things myself, but it's always pleasant to see people put in the extra mile with them. I have no doubt that you'll be able to fit right in here.

I'm off to bed shortly myself, but I would encourage you to check out some of our community threads in the main lobby and some of the other introduction threads. The more active you are with interacting with the general community, the quicker we can get your account approved so you can start roleplaying :)

Hello there and Welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

I'll start off with saying that our site is pretty mobile friendly, so that should help you out a lot. In terms of availability, many of our users are adults with jobs and/or school to juggle, so we're all pretty tolerant and understanding of absences. We definitely have a number of slower paced roleplays (and roleplayers) available.

And hopefully you'll be able to shake off past drama here. We try to keep the place very upbeat and friendly. The sheer level of positive interactions with our users, and the healthy inspiration and support of each others ideas really has been helping the place flourish. It's a trend we intend to continue nurturing!

Also... for being bad at introductions you did a right fine job with yours! I've always hated writing the things myself, but it's always pleasant to see people put in the extra mile with them. I have no doubt that you'll be able to fit right in here.

I'm off to bed shortly myself, but I would encourage you to check out some of our community threads in the main lobby and some of the other introduction threads. The more active you are with interacting with the general community, the quicker we can get your account approved so you can start roleplaying :)
Thank you! I will try to do so tomorrow (headed to bed myself). I do tend to lurk not on purpose, just not sure what to say, and I have always been a strict "if you don't know what you're talkin' about, may as well keep it shut" kinda gal. I will work on that though and try to get more quickly involved

Back