The Dream Weaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

The Dread Wolf★
Benefactor
As she slowed her breath, her ears perked up at the sounds of two sets of footsteps running together. Once she got calm, she heard a door slam, causing her to jump a little then something heavy falling against something else -- likely the same door that slammed. Leon pushed off the wall, it was silent again. Whether the culprit stopped after its victim wasn't known to her. But she would soon learn that she would become the victim once more. The footsteps were heavy, thudding against the tiled floor, the sounds growing closer to her, Leon could only sprint out of the crevice and curse in her mind. The culprit seemingly caught the sounds of her light padded steps, they switched directions in her running. Leon was soon running again, her heart starting back up into its erratic state it was not accustomed to.
 

nico

Well-Known Member
No Man's Land GM
Kana heard the footsteps rush away which was a new sound considering the steps usually slowed once she went into a room. The fastest it had ever sounded was a jog, but what she had just heard was more like track running. It piqued her curiosity, so she leaned carefully out of the door that she had slammed shut only moments earlier. After looking both ways she stepped out of the room, making sure that her footfalls were near silent. Initially, she sort of stood there, waiting to see if something would happen. It was odd to have a new experience after so many years of monotony.

After a few moments, she began to walk towards where the footsteps had rushed off to. Her side was hugging the wall, not close enough to brush it and make noise though. With each step, her confidence grew, and eventually, she went from a snail's pace to what seemed like a "normal" walking speed. Creeping down the halls, she found herself almost hoping to see something. Maybe this would show her a way out or some secret about the creature that had tormented her all these years.
 

Dan

The Dread Wolf★
Benefactor
Leon felt like she was running for several hours before finding herself in, yet, another room devoid of anything. She slammed the door shut behind her, locking it in place. A pair of footsteps was added into the mix, she could hear the footsteps following her turn around and away from the room she shut herself in. While panting, Leon put her back against the wall and slid down it, catching her breath yet again. She did not know how Kana could keep this up for long, but it was something that beginning to get old quick. Either way, Leon had to find Kana again, and was her resolve as soon as she finished catching her breath. She left the room again, taking more silent steps running down the monotonous corridors.
 

nico

Well-Known Member
No Man's Land GM
The footsteps that Kana had been following seemed to be getting too loud, at least for her comfort. Even as she took steps backward, the clacking of the creature's steps became louder which prompted her to quickly and quietly duck into a nearby room. By doing so without him having a line of sight with her, she wondered if he would come straight into the room or pass it entirely. After all, as far as he knew she was back in the room that he had left her in. It was odd though, for him to suddenly come back. Maybe she had been slower than she thought while walking, but it still seemed so odd that he would go anywhere else that was so far. A part of her wondered if Leon had returned or if someone else had found their way in, but how? She hadn't called out to anyone which meant the entry to this place wasn't off-limits to anyone should someone else be here.

If that was the case, how was it that no one stumbled into this place or came to help her when she was calling for help?
 

Dan

The Dread Wolf★
Benefactor
Finding no indication that Kana was here even longer, Leon was still set on finding the girl. She felt like she was in here for years now. The sounds of footsteps she always ran away from and/or hid from, altogether. This game of mouse and cat was already worn past its joking point. Leon decided, whilst in the middle of the millionth corridor, to make herself known to anyone running around. With patience worn thin and nothing else to lose if she did die, again, Leon could find both the girl and culprit at the same time.

She yelled, "HEY! Stop running!"
 

nico

Well-Known Member
No Man's Land GM
Kana heard a voice call out. While the words weren't processed, the nearness of the sound let her know someone else was here. The creature didn't speak, she almost wondered if it could hear at all since it had let her call out to someone all these years. Maybe he had thought that no one would be able to get in, but what if he didn't know at all.

She peaked out of the door, the footsteps seemed to have ceased which prompted her futher out. "Call out again! I will come to you!" She shouted as she began to gently pad down the hall, away from where the clacking footsteps once were.
 

Dan

The Dread Wolf★
Benefactor
Leon had no clue of how the echoes worked in this place considering she's only been here for a brief amount of time. But they had come back to her, like ripples on a ocean's surface they faded out before she could decipher the words. The Uni student wasn't going to stop shouting and if those words were what she assumed, then she was going to shout again.

"Over here!" Leon shouted again, her voice carrying much louder than before. She didn't know who was coming, but the sounds of rushing footsteps were growing closer, causing her to look each way of the corridors within her sights. The adrenaline was beginning to start again, a feeling she was vaguely beginning to get used to.
 

nico

Well-Known Member
No Man's Land GM
Kana continued to jog, her feet making slightly heavy sounds as they hit the floor. The voice was definitely familiar, and since she hadn't heard anyone speak in years, she had to assume that meant Leon had returned. Hopefully, Kana making her yell again would not get her caught. "I'm coming!" The footsteps behind her seemed to be going at the same rhythm, albeit they sounded a lot louder which meant the creature was probably taking bigger strides.

"Come on, come on," she hyped herself up, "this time I won't leave her alone to run from something she knows nothing about. It was foolish to do so last time, but at least now I know."
 

Dan

The Dread Wolf★
Benefactor
Leon look every which way, the sounds bouncing off the walls were lost. Something shifted in the air, like the creator of this realm caused a change. Because before she knew it, all of the corridors around her had changed into a single linear one. The hair on the nape of her neck stood on end, "Well, that's new." She said to no one. With caution, she headed down the one hallway, no other hall connected to it nor were there any other doors. She continued until she reached the end, where a door was. Leon opened it after a brief perturb, only to find another corridor connecting to it. However, this time, there were more than a few doors on either side.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top