Status
Not open for further replies.
"I...I have grown tired of the politics and behavior on this Council. Our faiths deserve better than this. But at the same time..." Her eyes set in a glare that she gave equally to the council members on that stage. "You cannot blame that on merely the Goddessian members of the council. Let us not forget the tolerance and leeway offered to Blackheart by both sides. Something that started this entire conflict." She took a few steps back. "How do we know the next Blackheart won't get the same treatment from the Secularists? How can you expect us to trust you, when you are the very reasons this all started? For that reason, I will support neither faction. Not until the leadership gets an overhaul."
"You're right," Seteth added. "The Council has made many mistakes in the recent months. And yes, we were all part of that Council. Looking back upon those events, I wish I had done more to make a difference. I am sure many of my compatriots agree with me. We cannot change the Past, Kolin, but we can still change the future. Where there was once inaction, we vow to bring action."

"You have spoken wisely, Kolin of the Society." The young, green haired girl added. "Politics. Drama. They all go over my head. But... well, the Secularist Council is supposed to have 6 members. We... we lost a few good people during the war. I'm not a member of the Council. I am here in my brother's confidence. That leaves two seats open..."

"You're being ridiculous, child." Urien snapped. "The Society already has a representative on this Council. Doubling-up will do us no favors."

"We aren't looking for someone to represent you and your friends, Councillor Urien. I like the way this woman speaks. She is critic, but not cruel. She could accomplish so much with her by our side. We could use a conscience."

"I agree with Flayn." Seteth interjected. "The New Fellowship must be a force of change. We must evolve beyond the rigid structures and the shatter the shackles of the old ways."

"I vote in favor of Seteth." The armored figure added.

"Three votes in our favor to one undecided." Flayn counted upon her fingers. "That means we have a majority!"

"So the offer stands. Kolin of the Society. You saved the life of a Councillor during the War. You were willing to lay down your life for our cause. You are endorse by the Great Emperor Gill, and you track record speaks for itself. Become the change you wish to see in our organization."

Seteth approached the edge of the stage and reached down into the crowd.

"We have made mistakes. Help us grow."

@Yun Lee
Big Mother added looking around the room. "That is why you're not letting anyone leave is it not? Easier to eliminate those that oppose you with everyone gathered at the same place." Her arms spread wide motioning around her. "Is this the new world order that you bring, Urien? Murder of the opposition in broad daylight? Condoned by his newfound allies on top of it!" It didn't matter if Urien was going to do it or not. All she needed to do was make people believe in it. Perhaps then another opportunity would present itself.
Jester and Beauregard

" I think Jester would agree with me on this one. I support neither of the factions like Kolin."
she replied.
"No." Seteth waved his hand. Catherine and Dedue stepped away from the doors. "This won't be the sight of some.... 'political massacre'. We've said our piece. You're free to go."

"Yes. You're free to go. Free to cower in your corners and cribs. Free to bury your heads and hide from fate." Urien growled. "Our world is about to change forever. You can't hide from what's coming. One way or another, you will be a part of it---"

[BOOM]
View attachment 5042

As soon as the Knights of Seiros stepped away from the hall's great doors, an explosion threw them from their hinges. Clan in an enormous, steel warsuit, Luthor stepped into the main hall. His Goddessians followed in his wake.

"URIEN!" He bellowed. "EXPLAIN YOURSELF!"

"Ah, Luthor! I'm so glad you could join us. Please, make yourself at home!"

The Predator's eyes danced across the ballroom. His pupils burned into the spirits of the gathering crowd.

"Forming a mob, Urien? Filling their heads with lies? With more dreams of revolution?"

"Do you really think so little of me, Alexander?" Urien taunted. "I've told them the truth. The whole truth. They know, Lex. They know everything."

A pause. Lex said nothing in response. His stare remained cold. Unflinching. The cogs in his mind were turning.

"They know about the Tomb?"

"Yes. They know about the Tomb."

"So be it." Lex took to the stage. "Yes. We know the location of the Tomb. We traced the origin of Heart's transmission. We didn't want to break the news until we were certain that we could locate him."

"A likely story."

Once again, Urien was ignored.

"Hearts. Eliphas. Mephisto. All the enemies of the Fellowship have gathered in a single location. If we act quickly, we can catch them off guard. We can secure the Tomb and end this war."

"Have your forgotten what happened the last time we went to war? Remember what good the element of surprise did then?"

"Last time, we were betrayed by one of our own."

"A Goddessian Council Member, no less. How can we be certain that there are no more spies within the Fellowship?"

On of the Goddessians- a representative of the Kais Zamasu's successor- cast a batter corpse onto the base of the stage. It was a Skrull dressed in one of Urien's suits.
View attachment 5043
"Because we've routed out the last of your spies, Urien. Does this look familiar to you, your majesty?"

"It must have been part of a rogue sect." Veranke said, matter-of-factly.

"And the other 6? You had us arguing with Skrulls whilst you prepared this... coup?"

"We had to take precautions, boy." Urien snapped. "Let's not play pretend. The Fellowship was never going to last. You've found the Tomb. What were you expecting us to do? Sit on our thumbs and wait for oblivion?"

"We expected you to fight with us!" Gohan howled. "We all lost someone in that war. We have one shot at removing the three demons responsible in one fell swoop. We expected you to toll the line until then!"

"And so your naivety shows." Urien laughed. "We're not playing your games anymore."

"The Goddessians. The Secularists. We can't defeat them apart. If we want a shot at revenge, we will need to work together. All of us!" His eyes darted into the crowd. He looked straight into the eyes of the Chosen. They darted back to the stage. "Do you think you can play nice for another 6 hours?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Raynar Saassin

"Enough!"

Kolin glared at both sides of this ballroom, a fury in her eyes so intense you'd think she manipulated fire rather than ice. "Do you all hear yourselves?! Spies, withheld information, backdoor dealings...you all treat each other like the damn enemy, and over what? A single deity, out of the hundreds of thousands of millions in the Multiverse. It's exhausting to hear you all bicker back and forth between yourselves like this, especially when we have only just finished a catastrophic first battle in a war that is far from over. Can you blame us for wanting to have nothing to do with either side?"

She paused then, closing her eyes as the anger within subsided, letting something else come in. A cooling calculation, a recollection of all they'd learned in this short time. "In Hearts' message, he wanted us. The Chosen. Blackheart wanted us then, as well, when Izana had been taken from us. I have no idea what they want with us, or why it is us that they want. But if we want this entire thing over and done with, if we want to defeat these Godless, then it is as Councillor Gohan says. We must work together, or there may not even be enough of us left to sustain one fellowship, let alone two."

This next part caused a good measure of hesitation. "Zamasu offered me the same thing, a spot on the Council if I were to leave Councillor Urien to his own demise. And I am now being offered a spot again, this time in what I can sense to be in good faith. However, I cannot accept. At least...not yet. I..." She lwetted her lips, taking a moment to steel herself for what was coming next. "...I would like to volunteer myself to be given up to the Godless. There is no need for any war, or soldiers, or anything more. Perhaps we can even use magic to make illusions of the other Chosen. I do not know. No need to risk the lives of any more Skrull than we've already lost. If we can do that, then, it could give us an opportunity to strike, for others to infiltrate the tomb and end this once and for all. And, once this is over, if we are all still in one piece, if I am not dead, and we can reach the point where we can all figure out how to reform the old ways so that another Blackheart or Zamasu is dealt with swiftly before anything escalates to this proportion again...if you will still have me, then I will accept the offer. But now is not the time for reformation. Now is the time to end the war."

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Capri

"You're right," Seteth added. "The Council has made many mistakes in the recent months. And yes, we were all part of that Council. Looking back upon those events, I wish I had done more to make a difference. I am sure many of my compatriots agree with me. We cannot change the Past, Kolin, but we can still change the future. Where there was once inaction, we vow to bring action."

"You have spoken wisely, Kolin of the Society." The young, green haired girl added. "Politics. Drama. They all go over my head. But... well, the Secularist Council is supposed to have 6 members. We... we lost a few good people during the war. I'm not a member of the Council. I am here in my brother's confidence. That leaves two seats open..."

"You're being ridiculous, child." Urien snapped. "The Society already has a representative on this Council. Doubling-up will do us no favors."

"We aren't looking for someone to represent you and your friends, Councillor Urien. I like the way this woman speaks. She is critic, but not cruel. She could accomplish so much with her by our side. We could use a conscience."

"I agree with Flayn." Seteth interjected. "The New Fellowship must be a force of change. We must evolve beyond the rigid structures and the shatter the shackles of the old ways."

"Three votes in our favor to one undecided." Flayn counted upon her fingers. "That means we have a majority!"

"So the offer stands. Kolin of the Society. You saved the life of a Councillor during the War. You were willing to lay down your life for our cause. You are endorse by the Great Emperor Gill, and you track record speaks for itself. Become the change you wish to see in our organization."

@Yun Lee

"No." Seteth waved his hand. Catherine and Dedue stepped away from the doors. "This won't be the sight of some.... 'political massacre'. We've said our piece. You're free to go."

"Yes. You're free to go. Free to cower in your corners and cribs. Free to bury your heads and hide from fate." Urien growled. "Our world is about to change forever. You can't hide from what's coming. One way or another, you will be a part of it---"

[BOOM]
View attachment 5042

As soon as the Knights of Seiros stepped away from the hall's great doors, an explosion threw them from their hinges. Clan in an enormous, steel warsuit, Luthor stepped into the main hall. His Goddessians followed in his wake.

The Predator's eyes danced across the ballroom. His pupils burned into the spirits of the gathering crowd.

"Forming a mob, Urien? Filling their heads with lies? With more dreams of revolution?"

"Do you really think so little of me, Alexander?" Urien taunted. "I've told them the truth. The whole truth. They know, Lex. They know everything."

A pause. Lex said nothing in response. His stare remained cold. Unflinching. The cogs in his mind were turning.

"So be it." Lex took to the stage. "Yes. We know the location of the Tomb. We traced the origin of Heart's transmission. We didn't want to break the news until we were certain that we could locate him."

"A likely story."

"Hearts. Eliphas. Mephisto. All the enemies of the Fellowship have gathered in a single location. If we act quickly, we can catch them off guard. We can secure the Tomb and end this war."

"Have your forgotten what happened the last time we went to war? Remember what good the element of surprise did then?"

"A Goddessian Council Member, no less. How can we be certain that there are no more spies within the Fellowship?"

On of the Goddessians- a representative of the Kais Zamasu's successor- cast a batter corpse onto the base of the stage. It was a Skrull dressed in one of Urien's suits.
View attachment 5043
"Because we've routed out the last of your spies, Urien. Does this look familiar to you, your majesty?"

"And the other 6? You had us arguing with Skrulls whilst you prepared this... coup?"

"We had to take precautions, boy." Urien snapped. "Let's not play pretend. The Fellowship was never going to last. You've found the Tomb. What were you expecting us to do? Sit on our thumbs and wait for oblivion?"

"We expected you to fight with us!" Gohan howled. "We all lost someone in that war. We have one shot at removing the three demons responsible in one fell swoop. We expected you to toll the line until then!"

"And so your naivety shows." Urien laughed. "We're not playing your games anymore."

"The Goddessians. The Secularists. We can't defeat them apart. If we want a shot at revenge, we will need to work together. All of us!" His eyes darted into the crowd. He looked straight into the eyes of the Chosen. They darted back to the stage. "Do you think you can play nice for another 6 hours?"

“Games are the only thing you play, Urien,” Came Big Mother’s reply. “Because you act like a child who wishes to be treated as an adult, but that’s impossible due to your childish temper tantrums.” Big Mother had had very little to do with Urien before this and in hindsight that had been the right choice. “It is obvious to me that it is not the Goddessian’s or the Secularist rulers that are the real problem. You are the problem.”

She now turned her attention towards Seteth once more. “I vote for a sign of no confidence, I wish to aid you but I feel…unsafe with a man like Urien in charge. The only position he is suited for is a janitor and nothing more. It is as Luthor and the others say,” Big Mother raised three of her fingers. "The demons and the Chaos Marine are the true enemies, but…” She raised yet another finger. “I’d add Urien as our fourth foe. His treachery is plain to see.”

Big Mother turned to face the crowd. “Secularists, the only reason you are even considering this man is due to his, supposed, allegiance and nothing more.” She motioned towards Urien. “Look at this man, is this truly an individual you wish to have full control over your fates? An egoist who only seeks to improve his own stature? Is he someone you would risk your life for? If you doubt him on any of these choices then it’s clear to me that before any reason can be had, Urien needs to step down and let true beings of reason lead you forward.”

She turned back looking past Urien to the people standing behind him. “I have not made a good impression of myself this is true, but even you have to realize what you doing is not good for the Fellowship in any shape or form. I for one second Kolin taking a spot. She shows compassion and understanding for her fellow Fellowship members and has the power to lead. Together.”

The demoness had thrown so many buckets of chum in the water so if the crocodile was not willing to nibble on any of them then well, at least she tried to make something happen here.

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Raynar Saassin

"Karma"
"Coward"
"Kree"

Veranke's eye twitched for a moment. Her fingers flexed.

[CRACK]

The Queen's fist struck the back of Mother's head. The Demon was sent tumbling into the floorboards with a thud.

A glob of spit landed upon her face.

"How dare you?" She said. Her face and tone were void of all emotion. The firey hate that once filled her voice had burned out. The Queen was cold. Emotionless. "How dare you?"

The room fell quiet. Veranke cleared the flicks of blood from her knuckles. The dancers had started to stare. She didn't care. She was in a world of her own. She had no more words for the floored demon. She turned her back on Mother and vanished into the crowd.

@Jeremi

Urien didn't even flinch.
"Why wouldn't I?"

"Leaving so soon?" Urien boomed. He stopped to take a breath, but the moment he fell silent, the band followed suit. The song was over. As per the President's instructions, they laid down their instruments and cleared the stage. Urien strangled his words before they could reach his lips. In their stead, he said two words as he climbed the steps to altar. "Time's up..."
The Great Door that separated the Ballroom from the Wider library were sealed before Kolin could return to her quarters. Two guards placed their lances between the door handles, ensuring that no mortal man could force them open prior to speech's conclusion. One of the guards hammered her sword into the floorboards to lean upon.
View attachment 5033
"I'm sorry, Miss, but I'm going to have to ask you to return to the party. They haven't handed out the goodie bags yet."
View attachment 5034
"You'll have to forgive us, Councillor, but you cannot pass through here.
Urien took a glass from the hand of one of the musicians and struck it with the conductor's tuning fork. The high pitched ringing sound echoed around the ballroom. Every eye was upon him.
View attachment 5036
"Good evening, Followers!" The President boomed, placing his glass down at the edge of the stage. "Tonight's festivities have been... spectacular. Truly, it has been a night for this history books. If you'll allow me, I'd like to steal but a moment of your time. With this moment, I sake to pay back a debt long overdue."

"You see, but a month ago, you were all willing to lay down your lives for the Goddessian Cause. Many of you lost friends and loved ones during that great battle and the months that followed. It's been... a difficult few weeks for us all."

A pause. The room was silent. You could hear a pin drop. They were eating out of the palm of his hand.

"Though we escaped the Nether, a part of us will forever remain in that Hell. We will remain shattered. Broken." The President turned his back to his audience. A great wound had been burned across his bare back. He had no doubt sustained the injury during the crash of the Crusader. "We will carry these scars to our graves."

The President slowly turned around.

"Scars of the Flesh. Scars of the mind. If I could heal them with words of comfort, I would do so without hesitation. There is not price I would not pay to see you all healed, body and soul. But... I cannot. Our wounds will continue to burn. Nightmares will continue to besiege our senses. Part of us will forever remain in Hell."

"To those who fell in the name of the Fellowship, I shall remember you."
He looked to the ceiling- to the chandeliers- as if their warm glow came from the spirits of his fallen brothers. Many followed suit. Tears were shed. "To those who must live on-- to the brave who carry the yokes of guilt and trauma- I salute you. I shall bestow upon you the honors that my Goddessian 'colleagues' have failed to bestow."

"Tonight, my tongue shall speak the words you long to hear. Tonight, my tongue shall speak the words Luthor has denied you. Tonight, I shall thank you for your service. As a High Councillor, as a Follower of the Fellowship, a Secularists and as a human being, I thank you for all you have done. For all you have given. For all you have sacrificed. Thank you."

A pause. The room remained silent.

"I had hoped my 'colleagues' had the guts to face you tonight. I wish they had the strength to look you in the eyes. But here is the truth they have hidden from you-- the Goddessian High Councillors are ashamed of themselves. The can see the blood on their hands. They know its never going to wash off. So they squabble among themselves- just as they once squabbled against us- in the hopes of convincing someone- anyone- that they actions were justified. That they weren't in vain. But they can't. They can't convince each other. They can't convince themselves."

Urien removed a small, black box from his toga-piece. He juggled it in his hand for a moment before pressing a small black button upon its side.

"I have heard the recordings myself. Recordings from meetings I was not present to attend. Recordings from discussions in the hangar moments before you went to war:"

"It'll be a morale booster. It will give our men something to fight for. Something to die for." The Box spoke in Luthor's voice.
View attachment 5038
"Listen to him. Listen to the Father of Goddessians." Urien let his passion flow. He gripped the box tightly and bared his teeth. "This is the one reason Luthor send your brothers and sons to their deaths. He did it in the name of politics. In that sense, they all died in vein..."

He let himself breathe for a moment. He let the box slip from his fingers and strike the stage. The crowd erupted into murmers.

"Alexander Luthor and his Goddessians..." Urien exhaled. "They welcomed the foul Zamasu- a traitor and a turn coat- into our Temple. Into our home. They embraced the man responsible for the attack on our great Citadel into our Fellowship. They embraced the man who made an open attempt on my life. They welcomed the Inheritor too. He was a part of their War Council. He was one of their 'Goddess''s Chosen. And look at all the chaos he has sowed? It makes me sick. They all make me sick."

"Even now, they argue. Even now, they're playing politics. Even now, they play war-games."

"Ladies... Gentlemen... What I am about to tell you... the secrets I am about to share... they are treasonous. I am about to break the oaths of secrecy I swore the day I first sat in that infernal chamber. At the risk of exile and execution, I tell you the truth the Goddessians are fighting to bury."

"During his time in Hell, Izana was tortured to the brink of madness. Hearts and Mephisto were able to pry the Secrets of the Goddess' Tomb from him. They stole his final prophesy and left him behind. He is a husk of the man he was. Based on the information he divulged, the Godless have located the Tomb. They wish to awaken the Mad-God and slay her."

The murmurs grew louder. Zealots began to shout their praises for the Secularist cause. Others screamed in Luthor's defense. Urien blocked them out. He ignored them. He pressed the button on the side of his cube with his foot. The device flickered to life once again.

"How do I know all this? How do I know what the Godless have found? Ladies and Gentlemen... I shall now share with you a message sent to us by the leaders of the Godless... twenty-three days ago."

A hologram leaped from the box.
View attachment 5035
"The Tomb. The Goddess. Luthor, we want the same thing. Send me the Chosen. Unarmed. Unbugged. In return, I shall send you the co-ordinates. No-tricks now, Lex. No skrulls, no illusions. I swear to you that they shan't be harmed. Send me your War Council and the Goddess shall be set free. Once she's out? Well... it'll be all of yours against all of mine. Think about it, Luthor. Really think about it."

The hologram abruptly shut off.

"This!" Urien howled like a preacher. "This is why your leaders hide from you! They have unearth the secret they built the Fellowship to reveal! They no longer have a need for the rest of you! They intend to march you all of to die in another War against the Godless. Only this time, you shall have no stake in the matter. It won't be a rescue mission. It won't be a war of 'justice' or of 'morale'. It won't be a war for men. It will be a war for Gods. I have heard the plotting, my children. I have heard them scheme. Once their Goddess has been reborn, they will have no need for soldiers. Their Goddess will shoot fleets from the skies. They shall have no need for wise men. Their Goddess' 'wisdom' will become the only voice of 'reason'. With their Goddess reborn, there will be no Fellowship. There will be no unity. There will be no peace."

"Only her."
Urien panted. A hint of desperateness danced in his eyes. "Only the Goddess."

"She will become absolute. All other faiths? All other Gods? All who reject the Goddess' light shall become blasphemers. We shall become Gogs and Magogs. My friends... if we do not stop the Goddessians... we shall face erasure on a cosmic scale... They say that power corrupts. We cannot trust the Goddessians with the power of mortals. If we grant them access to an absolute power, fate only knows what they might become.
"

As Urien spoke, his allies took to the stage. Seteth. Veranke. A young, green haired girl. A man dressed in the armor of Nox.

The stood behind him with their arms looped behind their backs.

"Followers of the Fellowship, the Secularists shall not stand idol whilst all we have built is burned."

"We cannot. In the name of Sothis, we refuse." Seteth proclaimed. "Now, more than ever, we need unity."

"We have never been a united front, but with the threat of the Goddess approaching..." Veranke hummed. "We need to work together. Sinner and Saint. Culture and culture."

"In the name of peace and sanity, we must act now." Urien felt his chest swell. He closed his eyes for a beat. He opened them to see a still and silent hall. "From this moment forth, the Secularist Faction has seceded from the Fellowship of the Faiths. We implore you all to join us. Together, we can stand tall against those who might see us erased."

"To the Goddess' Chosen, we would like to offer an olive branch." Seteth approached the end of the stage and reached down towards the former War Councillors. "Compa. IF. Brave. Magic. Ashe. Beau. Dina. Duke. Jester. Kuro. Maddie. Omni. Roman. Rory. Silque."

"Kolin." Urien added abruptly.

"You can still stand with us. Stand with your faiths. Don't let the Goddess define your fate. We won't force you to stand with us. We won't make hypocrites of ourselves."

"Join us." Urien added. "Think for yourselves, and join us."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Capri @York

"You drag the Goddessians through the mud and bring forth their mistakes in one breath, then call for unity the next," Silque spoke, "yet say you do not wish to be hypocrites?" She shook her head, a frown on her face. "High Councillor Urien your words, while I'm sure they're meant to be genuine, do not come off as such to me. Not completely. They feel a bit hollow to me. Especially after you went out of your way to insult me and my fellows moments before you took the stage! Mila forgive me, but you make yourself look like a pig headed man with an ego the size of the kingdom of Zofia itself." Silque's eyes narrowed as she stared Urien down.

"Jester's words are true; we don't necessarily know what exactly the Goddess wants other than the task she's given us. At this time? I will not be picking a side if this is how things will keep going." She concluded once she had calmed a bit, though glanced over her shoulder once Luthor and a few of the Goddessians entered the library. She frowned at the sight of his armor, but didn't say anything on it yet.

@Yun Lee

[BOOM]
View attachment 5042

"A likely story."

View attachment 5043

"He's right, we have to work together to stop Mehpisto." Ashe spoke up, keeping Maddie standing beside him.

"If we keep arguing and going against one another like this then we'll just tear each other apart and give Mephisto a chance to dance all over what's left. At the very least, even if we don't all agree, I'm sure we can try to work together long enough to deal with our common enemies." He added, gaze flickering between both Luthor and Seteth a moment.

"As for Miss Kolin eventually being given the position, I agree with Big Mother." Silque added with a nod.

"So do I." Ashe added, before glancing to Maddie and spoke to her quietly.

"Next time we're near any alcohol I'll have to keep an eye on you." He muttered to her, keeping the smile from his face but not from his tone.

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva @Raynar Saassin @Capri @Everyone

“Games are the only thing you play, Urien,” Came Big Mother’s reply. “Because you act like a child who wishes to be treated as an adult, but that’s impossible due to your childish temper tantrums.” Big Mother had had very little to do with Urien before this and in hindsight that had been the right choice. “It is obvious to me that it is not the Goddessian’s or the Secularist rulers that are the real problem. You are the problem.”

She now turned her attention towards Seteth once more. “I vote for a sign of no confidence, I wish to aid you but I feel…unsafe with a man like Urien in charge. The only position he is suited for is a janitor and nothing more. It is as Luthor and the others say,” Big Mother raised three of her fingers. "The demons and the Chaos Marine are the true enemies, but…” She raised yet another finger. “I’d add Urien as our fourth foe. His treachery is plain to see.”
"You drag the Goddessians through the mud and bring forth their mistakes in one breath, then call for unity the next," Silque spoke, "yet say you do not wish to be hypocrites?" She shook her head, a frown on her face. "High Councillor Urien your words, while I'm sure they're meant to be genuine, do not come off as such to me. Not completely. They feel a bit hollow to me. Especially after you went out of your way to insult me and my fellows moments before you took the stage! Mila forgive me, but you make yourself look like a pig headed man with an ego the size of the kingdom of Zofia itself." Silque's eyes narrowed as she stared Urien down.

"Jester's words are true; we don't necessarily know what exactly the Goddess wants other than the task she's given us. At this time? I will not be picking a side if this is how things will keep going." She concluded once she had calmed a bit, though glanced over her shoulder once Luthor and a few of the Goddessians entered the library. She frowned at the sight of his armor, but didn't say anything on it yet.
@Minerva @Raynar Saassin @Capri @Everyone

"This is ridiculous!" Urien bellowed, glaring at Silque. "Worse! It's slander!" The President's blood pressure spiked. His face turned crimson. "You forget yourself, 'Chosen Ones'! You have no power here! No authority! You hid from your responsibilities as War Councillors! You all did!"

"Councillor Urien is correct," Seteth interjected. "A vote of no-confidence can only be called by a member of the High Council. Furthermore, Goddessians cannot remove Secularists, and Secularists cannot remove Goddessians. For a neutral party to call for a vote, well..."

"See, Mother?" Urien snapped and smirked. "You and your horde cannot simply bare your teeth and get your way here!"

"Which is why I shall be calling for a vote on your behalf."

Urien's grin faded in an instant.

"You can't do this! Whatever happened to unity!"

"Yes I can. And I will." Seteth straightened his spine out a little. His cupped his hands by his waist and lowered his brow his eyes flickered down to Kolin and Silque. "If we are truly a united front, then my vote will fail. Once the votes have been cast, we shall see how unified this council is under your direction. Should it fail, I will happily surrender my title and---"

"This can wait." Luthor interjected. "As much as I'd love to see Urien stripped of his honors, we don't have time. Ashe is right-- Every second we waste here is a second Mephisto can and will use to strengthen his hold over the Tomb. We need to act."

"...I would like to volunteer myself to be given up to the Godless. There is no need for any war, or soldiers, or anything more. Perhaps we can even use magic to make illusions of the other Chosen. I do not know. No need to risk the lives of any more Skrull than we've already lost. If we can do that, then, it could give us an opportunity to strike, for others to infiltrate the tomb and end this once and for all. And, once this is over, if we are all still in one piece, if I am not dead, and we can reach the point where we can all figure out how to reform the old ways so that another Blackheart or Zamasu is dealt with swiftly before anything escalates to this proportion again...if you will still have me, then I will accept the offer. But now is not the time for reformation. Now is the time to end the war."

"Let me get this straight..."
Luthor rubbed his temples. "Your plan is to give Mephisto exactly what he wants? He could kill you on the spot. Worse yet, he could subject you to the same 'therapies' he subject Izana to. We've seen how the Demons treat those associated with the Goddess. I won't allow it."

"Your word is not law, Luthor." Veranke added. "I for one will vote in favor of any notion that protects my people. I won't see a drop of Skrull Blood spilled in the name of the Goddess."

"Spoken like a true Secularist. Self serving, to the bitter end."

"Lex..."

"Fine. We hand Kolin over to Hearts. We get her behind enemy lines. Then what? She'll be out numbered. Out gunned. She'd be at Mephisto's mercy, and we all know how merciful he can be. It's a suicide mission. War has always demanded sacrifice, but to throw away one of the Chosen? We've had so little time with which to study your potential. It's a price I won't play. We need a new plan."

"If I may?" Urien raised his hand in an act of mock submission. Luthor, frustrated, waved his hand, granting him 'permission' to speak. "Hearts will expect us to try to out play him. He's no doubt expecting to see the Fellowship's forces in his skies. Zamasu no doubt filled him in on our usual strategies and radio frequencies. Even once Kolin's inside, an air attack is out of the question. He'll be expecting War-Ships. We send an infiltration party? Hearts and his machines will spot them long before they could make a difference."

"Your point?"

"He'll be expecting all our usual tricks. But he won't be expecting a ground assault. Whilst the Chosen distract Mephisto and keep him inside the Tomb, a second team could attack the Temple from the rear. We won't be able to sneak inside, but if we go dark- if we throw away our communicators and those infernal lasers and fight like men- we should at least be able to reach the Temple unseen. If we act quickly- if we attack from all angles- we could overwhelm Mephisto's forces and trap the Godless inside. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel."

The Council fell silent for a moment, considering Urien's elaborations.

"This, Mother, is why they are loyal to me," He sneered. "Not ego, but genius."

"To throw away our technology... we would be invisible to Hearts' machine allies." Gohan pondered, stroking his chin. "I was never a fan of guns to be begin with. I can lead the Goddessian Troops."

"And I can lead the Secularists." The President clapped. "We'll fight alongside your toy soldiers one more time. For old times sake. How are you feeling, Luthor? Ready for one final war?"

Luthor turned away from his fellow Councillors and left the stage.

"Would it matter if I was? Vernake, Son and yourself are voting in favor of this plan, no doubt. Seteth has already expressed his desire to seal the tomb. Ashara will vote as her Master would have, were he still with us. I've been out voted. Some of us still value democracy, Mr.President."

As he stepped through the shattered arch that had once been the ballroom's door, Lex turned back towards the Council.

"You may lack my faith in the Goddess."
He muttered coldly. "You may lack Urien's zeal. But sooner or later, we all have to pick a side. We'll be riding into battle separately, tomorrow. Travel with whichever party you like. Once you're on the ground, use your initiatives. Think for yourselves. When the line is drawn in the sand, you'll know where you stand. You'll know." He repeated. "Until then, enjoy your party. Raise a coat to the death of the Fellowship and live like its your last night on Earth."

"The Goddess knows it might well be."

Another choice had presented itself to the Chosen:
Travel to the Tomb with the Secularists
Travel to the Tomb with the Goddessians
Join Kolin and Prepare to Surrender yourself to Mephisto

@Crunch @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @Jackythejack

"This is ridiculous!" Urien bellowed, glaring at Silque. "Worse! It's slander!" The President's blood pressure spiked. His face turned crimson. "You forget yourself, 'Chosen Ones'! You have no power here! No authority! You hid from your responsibilities as War Councillors! You all did!"

"Councillor Urien is correct," Seteth interjected. "A vote of no-confidence can only be called by a member of the High Council. Furthermore, Goddessians cannot remove Secularists, and Secularists cannot remove Goddessians. For a neutral party to call for a vote, well..."

"See, Mother?" Urien snapped and smirked. "You and your horde cannot simply bare your teeth and get your way here!"

"Yes I can. And I will." Seteth straightened his spine out a little. His cupped his hands by his waist and lowered his brow his eyes flickered down to Kolin and Silque. "If we are truly a united front, then my vote will fail. Once the votes have been cast, we shall see how unified this council is under your direction. Should it fail, I will happily surrender my title and---"

"This can wait." Luthor interjected. "As much as I'd love to see Urien stripped of his honors, we don't have time. Ashe is right-- Every second we waste here is a second Mephisto can and will use to strengthen his hold over the Tomb. We need to act."

Luthor rubbed his temples. "Your plan is to give Mephisto exactly what he wants? He could kill you on the spot. Worse yet, he could subject you to the same 'therapies' he subject Izana to. We've seen how the Demons treat those associated with the Goddess. I won't allow it."

"Your word is not law, Luthor." Veranke added. "I for one will vote in favor of any notion that protects my people. I won't see a drop of Skrull Blood spilled in the name of the Goddess."

"Lex..."

"Fine. We hand Kolin over to Hearts. We get her behind enemy lines. Then what? She'll be out numbered. Out gunned. She'd be at Mephisto's mercy, and we all know how merciful he can be. It's a suicide mission. War has always demanded sacrifice, but to throw away one of the Chosen? We've had so little time with which to study your potential. It's a price I won't play. We need a new plan."

"If I may?" Urien raised his hand in an act of mock submission. Luthor, frustrated, waved his hand, granting him 'permission' to speak. "Hearts will expect us to try to out play him. He's no doubt expecting to see the Fellowship's forces in his skies. Zamasu no doubt filled him in on our usual strategies and radio frequencies. Even once Kolin's inside, an air attack is out of the question. He'll be expecting War-Ships. We send an infiltration party? Hearts and his machines will spot them long before they could make a difference."

"Your point?"

"He'll be expecting all our usual tricks. But he won't be expecting a ground assault. Whilst the Chosen distract Mephisto and keep him inside the Tomb, a second team could attack the Temple from the rear. We won't be able to sneak inside, but if we go dark- if we throw away our communicators and those infernal lasers and fight like men- we should at least be able to reach the Temple unseen. If we act quickly- if we attack from all angles- we could overwhelm Mephisto's forces and trap the Godless inside. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel."

"To throw away our technology... we would be invisible to Hearts' machine allies." Gohan pondered, stroking his chin. "I was never a fan of guns to be begin with. I can lead the Goddessian Troops."

"And I can lead the Secularists." The President clapped. "We'll fight alongside your toy soldiers one more time. For old times sake. How are you feeling, Luthor? Ready for one final war?"

"Would it matter if I was? Vernake, Son and yourself are voting in favor of this plan, no doubt. Seteth has already expressed his desire to seal the tomb. Ashara will vote as her Master would have, were he still with us. I've been out voted. Some of us still value democracy, Mr.President."

As he stepped through the shattered arch that had once been the ballroom's door, Lex turned back towards the Council.

"You may lack my faith in the Goddess." He muttered coldly. "You may lack Urien's zeal. But sooner or later, we all have to pick a side. We'll be riding into battle separately, tomorrow. Travel with whichever party you like. Once you're on the ground, use your initiatives. Think for yourselves. When the line is drawn in the sand, you'll know where you stand. You'll know." He repeated. "Until then, enjoy your party. Raise a coat to the death of the Fellowship and live like its your last night on Earth."

"For thinking of a plan that would be the idea of a monkey slamming two sticks together?" Big Mother replied not seeing this utter stroke of brilliance that Urien thought he had conjured up. Either way, there was no point. He was too much of an idiot to actually get through.

“Then,” Big Mother continued. “I am sure as a strong leader that you will stand on the front lines with your fellow soldiers?” Ugh men of power always managed to get away with everything. Big Mother thought to herself as she weighed her options. “Then, oh great and powerful Urien. With you on the front lines by my side. You won’t have to even lift a finger. Your very own guardian demon, as it were.” She looked again past Urien to the others. “If you are willing, of course.”

"There's a reason they want us, is there not? If they had truly wanted us dead, they would have disposed of us in Hell. While in their custody, I can observe. Listen. If they desire more than to merely defeat the Goddess, we can know in advance and plan ahead." Assuming she survived, of course. She didn't fear death personally, but this could always take a turn for the disastrous for the already frail Fellowship should something go wrong. "And I must agree that we should save any bureaucratic affairs until after this is all settled. It will do nothing but take away from the bigger picture."

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Capri

Beau and Jester

" I think I am going to go with the Goddessians. I feel like they have more of a connection and will have a better chance of being allowed into the tomb to help the Goddess,"
she replied.

Beau would look at Kolin. " You helped to save my life earlier. I'm going to go and surrender with you, figures it might be good to return the favor."

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri

Secularists-
View attachment 5048
"Do you swear to uphold the beliefs of Secularist Fellowship?" Seteth muttered, his grip tightening around his spear. His tense body remained rigid, even as the shuttle rattled from side to side. Resting upon the Spear of Assal, he did his best to stand despite the turbulence. "Are you willing to fight and die for Crimson Flag? Should fate demand it, are you willing to raise arms against the Goddess and those you once called brothers?"
View attachment 5050
"My 'brothers' left me to rot in a cell for trying to save a life or two." Azrael muttered bitterly. He raised his shackles before his face. "Do a 'War Criminal' a favor and help me with these?"

Seteth quietly nodded. He swung his blade and, in one swift motion, Azrael's chains were severed. Their broken pieces clattered against the ship's cool floors.

"You are a 'War Criminal' no longer." Seteth replied a moment later. "You're one of us now. Welcome to the Righteous Cause."

He gestured towards one of the seats that protruded the shuttle's walls and directed the Ally of the Bat to take a seat. Azreal sat down and cradled the bruises on his wrists. Whilst he nursed his injuries, Seteth slowly began to base the isle between the seats. His eyes traced the rows of chairs. A dozen Secularist soldiers were riding into battle alongside him. Some were sharpening their blades. Most were praying, or uttering secret incantations for protection.

The Bishop closed his eyes a said a silent prayer to Seiros. Even with Flayn safe back at the Temple, he couldn't help but pray for her safety, as if she were still under his care. He could sense that things were changing. He could feel it in his gut. Something was coming. He said another prayer for himself. Another for his troops. He opened his eyes and summoned the courage to address them.

"I'm sure we're all weary of wars..."
He sighed. "We're all tired of battles and wars and... funerals. I'm asking you to lend me your strength one last time. The Battle for the Tomb will be our last war, for better or for worse. It will either mark the dawn of a new Age of Peace, or the end of the Age of Men. When the fighting starts, we must remain strong. We must not falter. The world changes tonight---"

The shuttle's rear doors slip open. Captain White stepped into the chamber and saluted the High Councillor. He had certainly cleaned himself up since his brief appearance at the party the night before. Though his hair remained long, it was now kept at bay by a thick gray headband. He ha even taken the time to shave.

"We're in range, Councillor Seteth..." Eli nodded. "Any closer and they'll see us coming. Shall I give the word to our sages?"

"Give the order, Captain," Seteth frowned. "May the Light of Seiros shine upon us all..."

"Are you happy, Oh Guardian Demon?" Urien muttered to Mother. He was... uncharacteristically calm. "You and I, marching off to war, side by side. You think you've got me down pat, don't you? You've put me in a box. The Egomaniac. The Madman. I won't hide from your labels. I welcome them. But humor me one final time-- once Mephisto's head is flattened beneath our boots, what will you do? The question of the Goddess remains. With the Godless gone, Luthor will rush to free the his love. Will you stop him? Will you leave? In that scenario, inaction becomes allegiance. Forget the Goddessians. Forget the Secularists. What will you do, Mother?"

View attachment 5051
"Guess this is it, huh Ashe?" Ingrid muttered solemnly. "All the Legends and Myths we used to read... they never mentioned how terrifying it all is... In Service of His Majesty, I never feared death... but out here? It's... different..."
View attachment 5053
"True." Dedue added, his eyes avoiding Ashe's and Ingrid's. "This isn't a fairy tale. It's not a drill or an exercise. It's a War. The danger here is real. As is the death. Fearing it will help keep us alive."

"We've said our prayers. You've made your offerings. The Gods will protect us. We'll be fine, won't we, Dedue?"

The Man of Duscar remained silent.

@Takumi @Jeremi

The Goddessians/Godless-
"Welcome Wagon is approaching the Tomb, Councillor Luthor." The Captain called over the intercom. "The Godless have given us permission to land."

Luthor barely flinched. His fingers remained pressed to his lips. His eyes remained fixed on the Hangar's great silver doors, just as they had for the entirety of they journey. His mind remained locked in thought.

"Councillor Luthor?"

"Open the hangar..." He muttered, stiff as a statue. "Show me what we're working with..."

The 4th wall of the shuttle began to rise. A wave of wind flooded the chamber. The wind sheer was enough to wake Alexander from his trance. He slowly rose to his feet and approached the door.
View attachment 5054
The Illusive Temple sat before them. The Tomb itself looked more like a castle than a grave. Some ancient civilization had carved it from the stone of a great mountain on an otherwise dead world. The perfect hiding place- there wasn't a soul within a thousand light years that could report on its location. The expansive fortress was a testament to the Goddess' grave and glory; it must have taken generations to complete.

It's ivory towers pierced the clouds. It's great walls stretched on for mile upon miles. Once upon a time, they had been painted with the most remarkable murals. They had been at the mercy of the elements for centuries; the stories they had once told had long since faded, both from memory and from the walls. The Tomb was now a patch work of incomplete stories and fractured messages. Even though the paint was cracking and crumbling, the image of the Goddess was mistakable. Her beauty was plastered across the Temple.

"This was supposed to be a triumphant moment!" Luthor called out over the roar of the wind. "But all I'm feeling is dread. We'll be on the ground in a minute or two. If you still have the faith to pray, now would be the time to do so. This is it."

@Lucky @Yun Lee

(Undecided: @Capri @York @Raynar Saassin )​

Secularists-
View attachment 5048
"Do you swear to uphold the beliefs of Secularist Fellowship?" Seteth muttered, his grip tightening around his spear. His tense body remained rigid, even as the shuttle rattled from side to side. Resting upon the Spear of Assal, he did his best to stand despite the turbulence. "Are you willing to fight and die for Crimson Flag? Should fate demand it, are you willing to raise arms against the Goddess and those you once called brothers?"
View attachment 5050
"My 'brothers' left me to rot in a cell for trying to save a life or two." Azrael muttered bitterly. He raised his shackles before his face. "Do a 'War Criminal' a favor and help me with these?"

Seteth quietly nodded. He swung his blade and, in one swift motion, Azrael's chains were severed. Their broken pieces clattered against the ship's cool floors.

"You are a 'War Criminal' no longer." Seteth replied a moment later. "You're one of us now. Welcome to the Righteous Cause."

He gestured towards one of the seats that protruded the shuttle's walls and directed the Ally of the Bat to take a seat. Azreal sat down and cradled the bruises on his wrists. Whilst he nursed his injuries, Seteth slowly began to base the isle between the seats. His eyes traced the rows of chairs. A dozen Secularist soldiers were riding into battle alongside him. Some were sharpening their blades. Most were praying, or uttering secret incantations for protection.

The Bishop closed his eyes a said a silent prayer to Seiros. Even with Flayn safe back at the Temple, he couldn't help but pray for her safety, as if she were still under his care. He could sense that things were changing. He could feel it in his gut. Something was coming. He said another prayer for himself. Another for his troops. He opened his eyes and summoned the courage to address them.

"I'm sure we're all weary of wars..." He sighed. "We're all tired of battles and wars and... funerals. I'm asking you to lend me your strength one last time. The Battle for the Tomb will be our last war, for better or for worse. It will either mark the dawn of a new Age of Peace, or the end of the Age of Men. When the fighting starts, we must remain strong. We must not falter. The world changes tonight---"

The shuttle's rear doors slip open. Captain White stepped into the chamber and saluted the High Councillor. He had certainly cleaned himself up since his brief appearance at the party the night before. Though his hair remained long, it was now kept at bay by a thick gray headband. He ha even taken the time to shave.

"We're in range, Councillor Seteth..." Eli nodded. "Any closer and they'll see us coming. Shall I give the word to our sages?"

"Give the order, Captain," Seteth frowned. "May the Light of Seiros shine upon us all..."

"Are you happy, Oh Guardian Demon?" Urien muttered to Mother. He was... uncharacteristically calm. "You and I, marching off to war, side by side. You think you've got me down pat, don't you? You've put me in a box. The Egomaniac. The Madman. I won't hide from your labels. I welcome them. But humor me one final time-- once Mephisto's head is flattened beneath our boots, what will you do? The question of the Goddess remains. With the Godless gone, Luthor will rush to free the his love. Will you stop him? Will you leave? In that scenario, inaction becomes allegiance. Forget the Goddessians. Forget the Secularists. What will you do, Mother?"

View attachment 5051
"Guess this is it, huh Ashe?" Ingrid muttered solemnly. "All the Legends and Myths we used to read... they never mentioned how terrifying it all is... In Service of His Majesty, I never feared death... but out here? It's... different..."
View attachment 5053
"True." Dedue added, his eyes avoiding Ashe's and Ingrid's. "This isn't a fairy tale. It's not a drill or an exercise. It's a War. The danger here is real. As is the death. Fearing it will help keep us alive."

"We've said our prayers. You've made your offerings. The Gods will protect us. We'll be fine, won't we, Dedue?"

@Takumi @Jeremi

The Goddessians/Godless-
"Welcome Wagon is approaching the Tomb, Councillor Luthor." The Captain called over the intercom. "The Godless have given us permission to land."

Luthor barely flinched. His fingers remained pressed to his lips. His eyes remained fixed on the Hangar's great silver doors, just as they had for the entirety of they journey. His mind remained locked in thought.

"Councillor Luthor?"

"Open the hangar..." He muttered, stiff as a statue. "Show me what we're working with..."

The 4th wall of the shuttle began to rise. A wave of wind flooded the chamber. The wind sheer was enough to wake Alexander from his trance. He slowly rose to his feet and approached the door.
View attachment 5054
The Illusive Temple sat before them. The Tomb itself looked more like a castle than a grave. Some ancient civilization had carved it from the stone of a great mountain on an otherwise dead world. The perfect hiding place- there wasn't a soul within a thousand light years that could report on its location. The expansive fortress was a testament to the Goddess' grave and glory; it must have taken generations to complete.

It's ivory towers pierced the clouds. It's great walls stretched on for mile upon miles. Once upon a time, they had been painted with the most remarkable murals. They had been at the mercy of the elements for centuries; the stories they had once told had long since faded, both from memory and from the walls. The Tomb was now a patch work of incomplete stories and fractured messages. Even though the paint was cracking and crumbling, the image of the Goddess was mistakable. Her beauty was plastered across the Temple.

"This was supposed to be a triumphant moment!" Luthor called out over the roar of the wind. "But all I'm feeling is dread. We'll be on the ground in a minute or two. If you still have the faith to pray, now would be the time to do so. This is it."

@Lucky @Yun Lee

Big Mother sat uncharacteristically silent for the road ahead. She was in a bit of a mood and Urien speaking to her did not lift her spirits. "You misunderstand," She replied to him in a matter of fact tone. "I think you only think about yourself, that is true, but I don't find you to be a madman...just...pointless. You do not bring anything to the table. You might say it's your intellect but if you are the greatest strategic mind in the Fellowship then I weep for its continued survival. Did you unravel a conspiracy? Mostly fell into your lap. No my dear Urien...the only thing you are is basic. Like Icarus flying to close to the sun. You seek greatness for greatness'sake...or perhaps because of someone close to you already have what you strive for. But I don't care to speculate."

"And as what I will do once Mephisto is dealt with," She continued. "Perhaps I will repay the Goddess' for saving my life, perhaps I will pop off her head and feast on her entrails. Knull is coming one way or another. Divinity is not what's important in a God. To some perhaps I would be considered a God. It's the power that they bring. Their authority. If a God, or in this case, a Goddess can be trapped they can be so again. Or worse."

She looked over to Urien. "As for you, I'm sure you're eager for me to ask you the same question, but I think you know where you will be. I've heard there is a spot open among the cleaning servants in the fellowship. I'm sure you're skills are well suited to polishing floors and cleaning toilets."

@Sark @Takumi

What else was there to do in this crucial moment, but to read. To find solace in what would await her in death, should death come for her today. Anyone else would probably be sick of the Book of Miraha by this point, but Kolin never would be. At the end of the line, when all else deserted her, the only thing she had was her faith.

She'd never imagined the point she'd be at today, on the verge of becoming a member of a multiversal council of faiths, when only just months ago had she even learned a Multiverse existed. But just as easily as it went to Urien's head, so too could it go to hers, if she was not careful. You must always remember where you come from. What you fight for. Why you are about to enter the pit of fire for what might be your last day alive.

Kolin closed her holy book, clutching it to her chest as she stood beside Luthor, overlooking the temple. It suited the Goddess she knew, the benevolent healer with warmth and butterflies. How could it have all gone so wrong? "And the Godless...they were fine with just a few of the Chosen?"

@Sark @Lucky

"Lex..."

"Your point?"

"You may lack my faith in the Goddess."
He muttered coldly. "You may lack Urien's zeal. But sooner or later, we all have to pick a side. We'll be riding into battle separately, tomorrow. Travel with whichever party you like. Once you're on the ground, use your initiatives. Think for yourselves. When the line is drawn in the sand, you'll know where you stand. You'll know." He repeated. "Until then, enjoy your party. Raise a coat to the death of the Fellowship and live like its your last night on Earth."

Secularists-
View attachment 5048
View attachment 5050

"I'm sure we're all weary of wars..."
He sighed. "We're all tired of battles and wars and... funerals. I'm asking you to lend me your strength one last time. The Battle for the Tomb will be our last war, for better or for worse. It will either mark the dawn of a new Age of Peace, or the end of the Age of Men. When the fighting starts, we must remain strong. We must not falter. The world changes tonight---"

View attachment 5051
View attachment 5053

@Takumi @Jeremi

The Goddessians/Godless-

"Councillor Luthor?"

View attachment 5054

@Lucky @Yun Lee

"I will go with Miss Kolin and Beu." Silque replied once the Fellowship seemed ready to lend an ear and stop bickering. She had relaxed, somewhat, and was glad she didn't open her mouth again to speak to Urien as he jeerd and said his piece.

What else was there to do in this crucial moment, but to read. To find solace in what would await her in death, should death come for her today. Anyone else would probably be sick of the Book of Miraha by this point, but Kolin never would be. At the end of the line, when all else deserted her, the only thing she had was her faith.

She'd never imagined the point she'd be at today, on the verge of becoming a member of a multiversal council of faiths, when only just months ago had she even learned a Multiverse existed. But just as easily as it went to Urien's head, so too could it go to hers, if she was not careful. You must always remember where you come from. What you fight for. Why you are about to enter the pit of fire for what might be your last day alive.

Kolin closed her holy book, clutching it to her chest as she stood beside Luthor, overlooking the temple. It suited the Goddess she knew, the benevolent healer with warmth and butterflies. How could it have all gone so wrong? "And the Godless...they were fine with just a few of the Chosen?"

@Sark @Lucky

Silque remained quiet, eyes closed as she prayed to her Goddess, asking for Mila to simply embrace her like always in such dire times. Her eyes opened once the tomb was in sight, coming to see it with Luthor and Kolin herself. It was beautiful as much as it was saddening to look at, somewhat.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Lucky

"Yes, it's...different." Ashe gave Ingrid a tired smile, his nerves twisting the pit of his stomach. This wasn't a reunion he wanted before going to war once again, but he told himself that he'd do what he could to keep them safe.

When Dedue didn't answer Ingrid's question, Ashe didn't look at either of them. He simply stared at his hands as his chest felt tight.

"Fearing death and keeping hope in your spirit for seeing another day will keep us going. It'll keep us breathing." He said no louder than a whisper, determined to keep them alive because they were his friends and if he lost anyone else he wouldn't know what to do with himself.

@Sark

Goddessians-
"And the Godless...they were fine with just a few of the Chosen?"
"With Zamasu gone and our network secure, we can control the truth again," Lex rolled his neck. As his head shifted from shoulder to the other, a second skin began to crawl over his own. White-green tendrils wrapped themselves around his limbs, face and clothes, wiping their features clean. His body was remolded like clay. Once his transformation was complete, he was the splitting image of Ashe.

"As far as Hearts is aware, the rest of the Chosen are dead and gone. The fall of Hell was chaotic." 'Ashe' muttered. "Even with the Nether's Newest Hell-Lord by their side, there's no way the Godless could have kept track of all the souls that were lost that day. Hearts knows that we're down a few members, and he's 'welcoming' us regardless. Eliphas. Beau. Silque. Kolin and 'Ashe'. Whatever he needs us for, 5 souls seems to be enough."

The shuttle shook one final time as it landed upon the Tomb's outer wall. The roar of the wind wind was replaced by the stamping of two dozen soldiers standing to attention. Unlike the soldiers that had fought in the battle for Hell, these troops were human. They were young. Their faces were familiar. Their stiff bodies formed a corridor, flaking the arrival of their leaders.

"Chosen!" Hearts clapped. "It's so good to see you again! How do you like my new home? We haven't got around to renovating it just yet, and there is a small pest problem, but once we've cleaned up the place, it'll be... well, homely."

Mephisto walked behind him, his hands joined behind his back. The grin that had been glued to his face during the war had been replaced by a sharp scowl.

"It's not quite Hell," He whined. "But it'll do."

"Oh, ignore him," Hearts laughed. "He hasn't quite gotten over that trick your friends pulled with the throne. Very sneaky- you should be proud of yourselves. That said, I'd rather we avoided any unpleasant surprises tonight. M.?" Hearts waved to his companion. "Do your thing."
View attachment 5057
"Alright. Hands out." The demon snapped. "I promise you, this will hurt a lot."

"What are you planning?" 'Ashe' snapped, glaring at the demon.

"It's just a little test of identity. A quick spell to ensure that you are who you say you are. We can't have Her Majesty isn't sending any filthy, rotten Skrulls into this 'Sacred Site', now can we?" His eye's met 'Ashe's'. "The child goes first."

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Secularists
"Yes, it's...different." Ashe gave Ingrid a tired smile, his nerves twisting the pit of his stomach. This wasn't a reunion he wanted before going to war once again, but he told himself that he'd do what he could to keep them safe.

When Dedue didn't answer Ingrid's question, Ashe didn't look at either of them. He simply stared at his hands as his chest felt tight.

"Fearing death and keeping hope in your spirit for seeing another day will keep us going. It'll keep us breathing." He said no louder than a whisper, determined to keep them alive because they were his friends and if he lost anyone else he wouldn't know what to do with himself.
"Just keep moving... just keep moving..." Ingrid whispered to herself. Her spirits had started to rise a little, but she couldn't bring herself to smile. Not fully. "Thank you, Ashe... I'll have to buy you dinner once this is all over... for old times sake..."
View attachment 5058
"Alright, students..." Catherine turned around in her seat. "You're going to need to quiet down and focus up. I don't want you distracted, okay?"

She summoned all the bravery she could to face her children.

View attachment 5059
"We have nothing to fear, Catherine!" Ferdinand jeered. "We will have Thunder Catherine on our side, will we not? There's no need to be modest or humble! These demons will get what they'll deserve."

Catherine stared straight through Ferdinand.

Goddess help them... She thought to herself, They're not ready...

"Like Icarus flying to close to the sun. You seek greatness for greatness'sake...or perhaps because of someone close to you already have what you strive for. But I don't care to speculate."
"Icarus?" A faint smirk returned to Urien's lips. "Icarus may have died, but least he was remembered. He became a legend. He soared where no man had ever soared before, and mankind never forgot his achievements..."
View attachment 5060
"What I wouldn't give to die like him..." His bronze barrier crawled over his skin once again. "For my blood to stain human history of eons... What greater fate could befall me?"

To some perhaps I would be considered a God. It's the power that they bring. Their authority. If a God, or in this case, a Goddess can be trapped they can be so again. Or worse."

She looked over to Urien. "As for you, I'm sure you're eager for me to ask you the same question, but I think you know where you will be. I've heard there is a spot open among the cleaning servants in the fellowship. I'm sure you're skills are well suited to polishing floors and cleaning toilets."
"Some might call me a God, too." He sighed. "I am a commander of men. A mover of mountains. But even I acknowledge that my powers are nothing beside hers. The Legend of the Goddess... it's been lost to time. But whisperings of her can be found in stories of every civilizations. When my people first climbed down from their trees, her name was among the first words we wrote. The children of Gilgamesh wrote it in Cruneiform. An'Lu'Munus. She Who Rules the Skies. To the Vikings, she was Kaunaz Berkana. Mother of Fire. To the Egyptians, she was Qiih. Queen meeting Fire. She never came to my world, but the nightmare of her existence still haunted the dreams of my ancestors."

"Her Tomb? Her prison?" Urien lowered his tone until only Mother could hear him. "They were built by her Followers to contain her. Her own people turned against her. They gave their lives to imprison her for a few centuries, but even they couldn't contain her forever. If she is unleashed again- if her power is restored- we won't be able to stop her. Her might has only increased since the Age of Old. The Godless are fools for thinking that they might kill her. Our only hope is to keep this Tomb closed. To think a mortal like you could kill her... Such hubris will be the death of us all..."

"And don't concern yourself with my employment.
" Urien muttered as he pulled himself away from her. "If we fail tonight? There won't be any floors left to clean. It's death or glory now, Mother. Death or glory."

@Jeremi

As the Secularists spoke among themselves, golden lights began to swarm their feet. A large, forgotten rune burned its way across the shuttle. The Students of Garreg Mach might have recognized it as being a sign of the spell 'Warp'. This was it. War was coming in 5, 4, 3, 2....

@Jeremi @Takumi

(Undecided: @Capri @Raynar Saassin @York )​

Goddessians-

"With Zamasu gone and our network secure, we can control the truth again," Lex rolled his neck. As his head shifted from shoulder to the other, a second skin began to crawl over his own. White-green tendrils wrapped themselves around his limbs, face and clothes, wiping their features clean. His body was remolded like clay. Once his transformation was complete, he was the splitting image of Ashe.

"As far as Hearts is aware, the rest of the Chosen are dead and gone. The fall of Hell was chaotic." 'Ashe' muttered. "Even with the Nether's Newest Hell-Lord by their side, there's no way the Godless could have kept track of all the souls that were lost that day. Hearts knows that we're down a few members, and he's 'welcoming' us regardless. Eliphas. Beau. Silque. Kolin and 'Ashe'. Whatever he needs us for, 5 souls seems to be enough."

The shuttle shook one final time as it landed upon the Tomb's outer wall. The roar of the wind wind was replaced by the stamping of two dozen soldiers standing to attention. Unlike the soldiers that had fought in the battle for Hell, these troops were human. They were young. Their faces were familiar. Their stiff bodies formed a corridor, flaking the arrival of their leaders.

"Chosen!" Hearts clapped. "It's so good to see you again! How do you like my new home? We haven't got around to renovating it just yet, and there is a small pest problem, but once we've cleaned up the place, it'll be... well, homely."

Mephisto walked behind him, his hands joined behind his back. The grin that had been glued to his face during the war had been replaced by a sharp scowl.

"It's not quite Hell," He whined. "But it'll do."

"Oh, ignore him," Hearts laughed. "He hasn't quite gotten over that trick your friends pulled with the throne. Very sneaky- you should be proud of yourselves. That said, I'd rather we avoided any unpleasant surprises tonight. M.?" Hearts waved to his companion. "Do your thing."
View attachment 5057
"Alright. Hands out." The demon snapped. "I promise you, this will hurt a lot."

"What are you planning?" 'Ashe' snapped, glaring at the demon.

"It's just a little test of identity. A quick spell to ensure that you are who you say you are. We can't have Her Majesty isn't sending any filthy, rotten Skrulls into this 'Sacred Site', now can we?" His eye's met 'Ashe's'. "The child goes first."

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Secularists

"Just keep moving... just keep moving..." Ingrid whispered to herself. Her spirits had started to rise a little, but she couldn't bring herself to smile. Not fully. "Thank you, Ashe... I'll have to buy you dinner once this is all over... for old times sake..."
View attachment 5058
"Alright, students..." Catherine turned around in her seat. "You're going to need to quiet down and focus up. I don't want you distracted, okay?"

She summoned all the bravery she could to face her children.

View attachment 5059
"We have nothing to fear, Catherine!" Ferdinand jeered. "We will have Thunder Catherine on our side, will we not? There's no need to be modest or humble! These demons will get what they'll deserve."

Catherine stared straight through Ferdinand.

Goddess help them... She thought to herself, They're not ready...

"Icarus?" A faint smirk returned to Urien's lips. "Icarus may have died, but least he was remembered. He became a legend. He soared where no man had ever soared before, and mankind never forgot his achievements..."
View attachment 5060
"What I wouldn't give to die like him..." His bronze barrier crawled over his skin once again. "For my blood to stain human history of eons... What greater fate could befall me?"

"Some might call me a God, too."
He sighed. "I am a commander of men. A mover of mountains. But even I acknowledge that my powers are nothing beside hers. The Legend of the Goddess... it's been lost to time. But whisperings of her can be found in stories of every civilizations. When my people first climbed down from their trees, her name was among the first words we wrote. The children of Gilgamesh wrote it in Cruneiform. An'Lu'Munus. She Who Rules the Skies. To the Vikings, she was Kaunaz Berkana. Mother of Fire. To the Egyptians, she was Qiih. Queen meeting Fire. She never came to my world, but the nightmare of her existence still haunted the dreams of my ancestors."

"Her Tomb? Her prison?" Urien lowered his tone until only Mother could hear him. "They were built by her Followers to contain her. Her own people turned against her. They gave their lives to imprison her for a few centuries, but even they couldn't contain her forever. If she is unleashed again- if her power is restored- we won't be able to stop her. Her might has only increased since the Age of Old. The Godless are fools for thinking that they might kill her. Our only hope is to keep this Tomb closed. To think a mortal like you could kill her... Such hubris will be the death of us all..."

"And don't concern yourself with my employment.
" Urien muttered as he pulled himself away from her. "If we fail tonight? There won't be any floors left to clean. It's death or glory now, Mother. Death or glory."

@Jeremi

As the Secularists spoke among themselves, golden lights began to swarm their feet. A large, forgotten rune burned its way across the shuttle. The Students of Garreg Mach might have recognized it as being a sign of the spell 'Warp'. This was it. War was coming in 5, 4, 3, 2....

@Jeremi @Takumi

(Undecided: @Capri @Raynar Saassin @York )​

"That you see me as a mortal is...cute," Mother's spindly claw-like fingers came in to pinch Urien's cheek. "I hope I will be there to see you fall." For the other stuff...legends are true for some. Big Mother thought to herself. Everything dies someday. "I will agree that containing a force like that, legends and half-truths or not, would be in everyone's best interest. Luthor was perhaps someone I would have trusted in the past because much like you, his ego is what drives him, men like you and him are predictable if not shrewd. His current devotion, however...Fanaticism is not a good look on anyone."

@Sark

"No need." Kolin stepped in front of Hearts, sighing, "Luthor, send him back onto the ship. We'd hoped adding a fifth would help the deal on our end...but unfortunately only three of us still live after what transpired in Hell. He's just following orders, so please spare him. If you'd like to inspect the rest of us, feel free to do so. We have nothing more to hide." There was no point in lying if Hearts had already guessed their game, was there not? Hopefully by doing this it would at least let the skrull soldier get out alive, since she doubted they would let him live otherwise.

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi

Maddie will be out of commission for the time being. She is too drunk to really be doing much.

Roman, however, was following Kolin’s group, the neutral option. He didn’t know what was going on, he was just following Kolin to be safe.

@Sark @Yun Lee @EveryoneElse​

Goddessian-
"No need." Kolin stepped in front of Hearts, sighing, "Luthor, send him back onto the ship. We'd hoped adding a fifth would help the deal on our end...but unfortunately only three of us still live after what transpired in Hell. He's just following orders, so please spare him. If you'd like to inspect the rest of us, feel free to do so. We have nothing more to hide." There was no point in lying if Hearts had already guessed their game, was there not? Hopefully by doing this it would at least let the skrull soldier get out alive, since she doubted they would let him live otherwise.

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi
"Just following orders? I had a few souls in my care that use the exact same excuse." Mephisto tutted. He pointed at 'Ashe' with a Spider's finger. Smoke began to rise from his hand as he channeled the power of his realm. "And you wouldn't believe the horrible things they were trying to get away with."

Before Mephisto could kill the disguised creature, Hearts forcibly lowered his arm.
"We're not savages, demon." Hearts shrugged. The Light of Warp consumed 'Ashe' and whisked him off to the wider battlefield. Mephisto began to snarl, his temper slipping. "Let's be reasonable. The War will be over before you know it. Once we're done, you can torture your souls to your hearts content."

"Now..." Hearts smiled. "If you would follow me, that would be wonderful. We have a lot to talk about..."

The path into the Temple was dark and cold. If it wasn't for Heart's blazing aura, you wouldn't have been able to see a hand in front of you. The pristine, white stones that had coated the Temple's outer walls were replaced by dark, obsidian bricks. Inside the Temple, there were no paintings, decorations or murals. It was nothing but a series of dark, winding passageways.

"When I reached out to Luthor, I knew I was taking a chance," Hearts' voiced echoed across the tight corridors as the party ventured deeper into the Tomb. "Men like him are hard to read. If I could've, I would have reached out to you directly, but alas, things were more difficult that I might've liked."

"I took you at your word when you said you were out of tricks. I hope you take me at my word now. I'd like to speak openly, for the time being. I'm not speaking to you from behind a shield. I'm not speaking to you from behind a barrel of a gun. I'm not speaking to you as the Chosen, or the War Council, or whatever titles you want to wear. I'm speaking to you as one citizen of the Multiverse to another."

"The Red Sky Crises."
Hearts spoke calmly. "They've been going on for some time. The Earth quakes. The Rain of Fire. Their frequency has increased dramatically in the recent months, but they've been happening for eons. My people were among their first victims. I was just a boy... I woke up in my parents' bed and ran to the window to find the sky ablaze. My neighbors ran out into the street. The threw themselves into the dirt and prayed for the Gods to save them."

He stopped walking. His head slowly turned over his shoulder.

"You can imagine what good that did them."

He started marching again.

"I can still hear the chanting. The screaming. Those cries of... hopelessness. As our world broke apart, she came to me."

"The Goddess. She pulled me from my grave. She gave me life. She Chose me."

"Me. Not my mother. Not my father. Not my sister. Not anyone more deserving. Me."
He spat. "I was left all alone. The last of my kind."

"This all took place in the Goddess' first life, of course. Before her followers turned against her. Before they build this monument to lock her away. Her power was incredible back them. She could have saved my world. She could've saved everyone
."

"I still don't know why she chose to let them burn. But I learned of an even greater truth, that day: power like hers shouldn't exist. So long as the Gods exist, men will always turn to them in times of need, never to each other. They'll die with their knees in the dirt, just like my father. Perhaps if the people of my world had lived free lives- real lives, free from the chains of scripture and service- we might have been able to create something to save ourselves. We could have become our own saviors. Instead, we placed our faith in a Goddess who abandoned us."

"From that day on, I devoted myself to hunting her down. I swore to myself that I would see her destroyed and see my fellow men freed. I knew that if I were to do that, I would need help."

The corridor came to a dead end. There was nothing but a featureless, black wall before them. Hearts placed his palm upon it.

"I knew that if I were to free to Mutliverse, I would need you."
Hearts pushed upon the wall. With a thunderous boom, it rolled to the side...

View attachment 5062

A great chamber stretched out before the Chosen. The room itself dwarfed the ballroom a dozen times over. Despite the room's large size, a majority of the hall's floor was taken up my a large, seemingly endless pit. A long black bridge extended from one wall to another. It all existed under the watchful eye of a great, majestic statue-- it was unmistakable a stone copy of the Goddess. At the foot of the state, a golden sarcophagus sat. A stream of emerald light poured from a crack upon its face. As you walked towards it, every footstep echoed light a thunder-crack.

"Here she lies. Your Goddess. Go to her."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri

"That you see me as a mortal is...cute," Mother's spindly claw-like fingers came in to pinch Urien's cheek. "I hope I will be there to see you fall." For the other stuff...legends are true for some. Big Mother thought to herself. Everything dies someday. "I will agree that containing a force like that, legends and half-truths or not, would be in everyone's best interest. Luthor was perhaps someone I would have trusted in the past because much like you, his ego is what drives him, men like you and him are predictable if not shrewd. His current devotion, however...Fanaticism is not a good look on anyone."

@Sark
Secularist-
Before Urien could remark on Mother's statements about Luthor, the Secularists were whisked away in a flash of gold. The next thing they knew, they were waist deep in unkempt, long grass. You could feel the cold dew against your fingers. You could smell pollen settling in the air. You could taste the salt.

It was so... peaceful....

You could see it shimmering in the sunlight. At the top of a ridge. White bricks. A warm glow. A great white wall surrounded the Temple.
View attachment 5064
The Tomb's great golden gates were only a couple of hundred meters away. A dozen of scout-droids circles like vultures overhead, their crimson eyes dissecting the clearing. With your technology safe back at the Temple, you were effectively hidden from their gaze.

You were close to your goal. Closer than you had ever been. You look to the right. You could see a Goddessian squadron. At the head of the party, Councillor Son crouched. He nodded, acknowledging your arrival.
View attachment 5065
"I've received word from Mephsito," The Reaper jogged out from one of the Temple's great white archways. He called out to a gathering of Godless soldiers- humans- who were had gathered at the steps at the Temple's base. "The Chosen are inside, boys. You can start getting your shit together-- this place won't be around for much longer. Get yer sorry asses in gear!"

All that stood between you and your objective were the Temple's towering gates and a winding white wall. The War for the Tomb was about to begin.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch

ROMAN
@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi

Roman looked upon the Goddess’s grave. The mere presence of her corpse is starting to spark his electric powers.

“She... she’s really here. I-I can feel it.”

Roman turned to the rest of the group and looked up.

“I’m not sure about any of this. You know that I was Chosen. She Chose me not only to bring me back from the grave, but She also gave me powers. I would not have been able to survive up until this point if it weren’t for Her. But... looking back at it... I don’t know what to even think. With this new knowledge, that she left the world to burn, and she was as powerful as she was. I don’t know what to even think. I... am I a tool? Another f-functioning cog in some... great machinery, serving her, beyond me? I-I... I don’t want that. But if she’s t-telling the truth then... then... I-I don’t know...”

"... Why do you call him 'Inheritor'?"

"... It is how he came by the rank of Chapter Master," Yoth replied with a bitter laugh. "During the Purge, he slew the previous leader of the Ark of Testimony, and took his place. Lorgar did not elevate him, saying only that he had 'inherited' his command."

"He never earned his place, and we will never let him forget it."

The sweet smell of retribution never seemed as passionate as it did at this moment.

Let tribute be paid to the Prince of Pleasure for the gifts of sensation, but something within him told him that this feeling was of no unholy consequence. Nay, it was just human emotion. A thing he had not indulged in since the end of the Shadow Crusade. That was ten millennia ago. Then the Dark Crusade, his second excursion on Kronus, just one or a hundred years ago. Time was of no consequence. The only time that mattered was now.

The time in which he would give retribution to every corner of every existence; punishment for neglecting his name.

"Leaving so soon, little man? I would have expected you to indulge in the coming festivities," a bellowing, insidious voice called out from the darkness behind the little man. The Chosen among the Secularist group could almost immediately recognize its bearer.

View attachment 5067

Eliphas the Inheritor emerged from the same pearlesque archway as Reaper, bearing his mace over his pauldron as he stomped into view of the Secularist soldiers. Without so much as an admiring view of this so-called 'Temple's' exterior, Eliphas slammed his weapon's spiked head into the marble floor - fragrantly defiling the work - and rested both his hands atop the upturned handle. The towering Lord of Hell took in the sight of the Godless' mortal servants with a hungry gaze.

"It is a foolish commander who turns his men around at the first sign of conflict. Alas, I expect nothing less from that mongrel Mephisto, so eager for souls that he needs every last one of his warriors on deck to secure his meal for him. Pathetic worm."

Eliphas turned his head downwards at the Reaper. "I understand you are something of an idiot. But you have the sense to recognize how foolish it is to divert our forces from this wall, do you not? After all..."

The Inheritor's gaze drifted towards one of the marble pillars in the garden. A grimy smile uncurled beneath his helm. The distant pounding of multiple power boots echoed from the Temple door behind him as he plucked his mace from the floor.

"You didn't truly expect them to escape the gaze of Chaos, did you?" Eliphas said to seemingly no one.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Sark @Secularists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back