1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread or the help forum.
  3. Want to feature one of your roleplays on the front page? See here for information: Featuring Roleplays Again! Accepting Submissions!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We are currently accepting applications for multiple staff positions. Check out our Site Announcements forum for details!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time for another voting drive! As with previous voting drives we will be sending out voting reminders once a day for the first week of a new voting cycle. This helps to get a good position in the top rankings early on. For people wanting to help out around the site but who can't necessarily contribute in other ways, this is a great way to help out. I can't understate how important voting is. Almost all of our traffic comes from TopRPSites, and when we aren't in the top rankings, we don't draw in new users. So get on in there and vote for Storyteller's Circle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. So as some of you may already know, we're looking to get the website's platform updated to the newest version of Xenforo. The newer platform (Xenforo 2) comes with a lot of solid features and bug fixes from the original Xenforo. To reach this end we have setup a donation campaign for people interested in helping out.
    Dismiss Notice

The Imperator's Snippets

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by Imperatus Rex, Jan 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Imperatus Rex

Imperatus Rex Semper Imperatus

A thread for various concept sketches and 3d landscape renderings designed by yours truly.

2. Imperatus Rex

[​IMG]
    A small concept practice from last night I decided to add to.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    GoddessLuna and Jomber like this.
  3. Generik

Generik Moooooosh

This looks pretty cool!

4. Imperatus Rex

Thanks, it was a concept I threw together to test a few things like bridges and water

5. Imperatus Rex

[​IMG]
    Took me about 5 hours to make this one
    [​IMG]
    An alternate version of it, darker sky and adjusted ambient light.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  6. Generik

Generik Moooooosh

Those look awesome!

7. Imperatus Rex

Sorry if it wasn't quite what you had in mind, but thanks!

8. Generik

Generik Moooooosh

The stairs connecting them are cool n.n

They're not quite what I have in mind but I don't have a problem with that :p

9. Imperatus Rex

[​IMG]
    Transparent version of my Paperdesk Concept.

Caitybeldy and Avery like this.
  10. Imperatus Rex

[​IMG]

My newest render. It is mainly a test for some various scripts I wanted to try out.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Caitybeldy, Jomber and Crim like this.
  11. Imperatus Rex

[​IMG]
    [Edited:Newer Version] My attempt at Isometric Projection in a low poly style.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Jomber likes this.
  12. Moonbloom

Moonbloom Celestial Pupil

I absolutely love the variety in your art! From more abstract/geometric pieces to extremely realistic, while keeping the simplistic and refreshing feel about them. Thank you for sharing!

Imperatus Rex likes this.
  13. Imperatus Rex

Thank you very much. I try to keep my scenes fairly simplistic, and only use details necessary to convey the desired atmosphere, hence why my color choices are few.

I also want to note that for the kitchen one I used scripts for the meshes, and modified them to fit better (Books, cabinets, doors, etc are from a script.) The other renders don't use premade models, however.

14. Thelrus

Thelrus Slayer of the Illildari

I really like your art style; seems very simple, yet quite deep! Keep it up!

Imperatus Rex likes this.
  15. Imperatus Rex

When I get this antiquated graphics card replaced, I certainly intend to make more content soon, thank you for your support.

16. Imperatus Rex

[​IMG]
    A picture of an antique song-book I own, with posterization effects that make it look like an old DOS game artwork.

17. Towim

Towim The One Who Is Many

Oh sweet! I am just beginning to come by an appreciation of how much work goes into 3D. What program(s) are you using?

18. Imperatus Rex

I am using plain ol' Blender. Very versatile, you can do just about anything in it, and free (Though more professional software is better if you want top tier functionality).

The effort in 3d depends on what you are doing, it can range from a day to weeks to months for small projects. I spend a lot of hours on mine, mainly because I learn something new every moment, and I never have a concept fleshed out ahead of time. What you see here are literally just hours of adding details until I am satisfied.

The most painstaking aspect of 3d for me is easily selecting individual vertices when making a mesh. It is inherent fine tuning, no way to really skip that.

I have some new ideas for 3d to try out, so I will likely make something new soon. I have been spending time messing around with old DOS games (Gladiator is sweet), emulation, photo editing, and setting up virtual machines.

Towim likes this.
  19. Towim

Towim The One Who Is Many

I tried Blender for a bit, but while I can modify things that already exist pretty easily, I have trouble setting up the basic shapes. And so many hot keys!

I've done a few things now with Scupltris, but I am really ridiculously new to the world of 3D.

I hope to see more of your stuff as you go!

20. Imperatus Rex

For the most part, I make my own models. When I don't manually make it from scratch, I make it using a plugin and edit it to what I need. I am still very new to 3d, it is hard as hell, but you just have to not get ahead of yourself.

Blender is amazing, but the hotkeys are ridiculous. Sometimes you learn a new hotkey/menu and it cuts workload in half.