2. Dragons
3. Elves

New World:
1. Human-like People
2. Dragons
3. Nugs
4.Elf-like people
5.Yourans

*Universal Magic (Something or another of things)
1. Enchanting of items.(Making items magical)
2. Something that makes magic guns shoot.(basic concept so far)
3. Belch Magic (Nug trade secret)
4. Dragon Magic (Passed on through generations)
5. Rune Magic (Condensing magical secrets into logical runes)
6. Healing Magic (It heals stuff)

...More info as necessary...

OOC:

Okay. So this is basically a place for us to flesh out our ideas, the setting of the worlds, some races, some locations, maybe some pieces of information for our characters so they fit better with the story. It's whatever. Everyone is encouraged to participate, but if you want to just skip this part until the RP starts, then that's fine too.

Some things we should cover early on include:
-our characters
-New World surroundings
-and maybe some basic ideas of what we're going to do
-lol

I'll be back shortly with some ideas. Got to run for the moment.​

Last edited:
Okay so my first question is, how high fantasy do you want this? I ask because I'd like to play around with a long-ranged fellow, but not particularly bow and arrow. I'm think more along the lines of a rifle. Not necessarily a gunpowder based thing, and certainly not a sci-fi energy weapon. Maybe something magicy that propels the projectile, or maybe it's a magic shot all together. I'm going for a fantasy/cowboy meets a sniper hybrid. Lemme know what you think. No worries if you want to steer (no pun intended) clear of this theme.

Lemme know what you think. No worries if you want to steer (no pun intended) clear of this theme.

That sounds like a perfectly fine high fantasy idea. The idea reminds me of someone from some videogame, but I can't remember which one. Maybe it was a Final Fantasy game, but they had a sort of magic-based gun. I think it's a pretty cool concept.

It also gives us a chance to delve a little bit into a school of magic. I believe there will be many different schools or types/sources of magic in both worlds.
As a matter of fact, magic may need to be a sort of universal concept so that magic from the old world still functions in the new world.

OR

It is not a universal concept so magic from the old world acts different on the New World. Perhaps better in some ways and worse in others.

Not sure yet.

So would you consider this character a heavy magic user or does his expertise lie primarily in this magic rifle? And is he doing the magic or is it a magical weapon that works because it was made that way.

Each answer only brings forth more questions. LoL.

I'm thinking he's an elf. And if these are established heroes he's either found this weapon on a quest or had it made for him. I think he may have a melee weapon and I don't think there's any ritual that allows him to use it. I'd actually like a scope as well, like a sight glass or something.

I think it would be cool for magic to be wildly different in the new world, like it's unreliable. Something crazy might happen instead of what you expect, or maybe it work like it's supposed to. Totally unpredictable

Cool. So it's a magical weapon. So far that really opens two schools of magic. 1. Whatever is making the bullets and firing them and 2. The enchanting of weapons/items to make them magical.

So sort of a long-range shooter with a melee weapon for when things get close? Makes sense. And that would definitely be a dude that works well on a team. Get him in a good position and he can blast brains while the group is attacking.

Yeah I like the unpredictable idea as well. And maybe it's that the most basic of magical skills work relatively the same, but the more power that goes into it the more unpredictable it becomes. This could be because the New World has a different magical power source or something. So pulling more power from it for magic increases the probability of something weird happening.

For example, with a magical rifle. A regular shot might work perfectly fine in the New World. But then if you have some special bazooka-like shot it could change when fired in the New World. How? Well I guess we don't know that yet, but it would be different in some way.

Totally into that, and yeah it could totally be interesting for the rifle to get all weird also. I'm thinking there's elfin runes carved all over the barrel, and they glow faintly red, kinda like LEDs, when it's about to fire. When he fires, there's kickback so he knows the shot has been made, but there's no sound and no visible report. Silent assassin, and all. I think he's an anti-hero, too. Will to work for the common goal, but he doesn't care who he works for. Good and evil is all the same.

So here's my two cents about magic, at least an uncomplicated source for it. It can be a Gaia stream sort of thing. All life contributes its energy to the stream, those who use magic borrow energy, manipulate it, and release it for whatever effect. The new world and the old world have their own unique streams, but they're similar enough for beings not of that universe to use. But when you don't belong to that stream, things can get funny and distorted. Kind of like an organ transplant. Your body isn't quite sure that sack of meat belongs there, sometimes things are good, other times...

Will to work for the common goal, but he doesn't care who he works for. Good and evil is all the same.

Anti-heroes are always fun. And being in this New World where the bad guy has already overthrown the world will definitely put him to the test as well as the rest of the guild's trust in him. Should be pretty interesting to see how that plays out. Especially considering his long range role in the group.

Question: Are dragons a thing?

What's a fantasy world without dragons? Of course. We can dive more into what they are and what they are capable of. Judging by your screen name I think you might be the resident expert on dragons. LoL.

I may or may not own a draconimicon....

I have a few different versions of dragons that I use, so I'll probably pick a more specific sort once we nail down the magic. I generally always have dragon magic as an inherent force--they generate their own. The older they are, the greater their magic.

I am also planning on perhaps using two characters. A pair of twins that are nearly opposite of one another powerwise.

;);)
Anti-heroes are always fun. And being in this New World where the bad guy has already overthrown the world will definitely put him to the test as well as the rest of the guild's trust in him. Should be pretty interesting to see how that plays out. Especially considering his long range role in the group

Which isn't to say he won't be trustworthy, he's just morally ambiguous, not at all sentimental, he's ruthless, and he doesn't respond to ideological appeals. Don't worry, I aim to RP this fellow with interesting narrative in mind. The story is always first. He's not just going to be a dick with a cool gun
;)

So here's my two cents about magic, at least an uncomplicated source for it. It can be a Gaia stream sort of thing. All life contributes its energy to the stream, those who use magic borrow energy, manipulate it, and release it for whatever effect. The new world and the old world have their own unique streams, but they're similar enough for beings not of that universe to use. But when you don't belong to that stream, things can get funny and distorted. Kind of like an organ transplant. Your body isn't quite sure that sack of meat belongs there, sometimes things are good, other times...

Yeah. This makes sense. It's similar enough that a magic rune in one world is still a magic rune in another world, but what happens with them can vary tremendously, slightly, or not at all.

I may or may not own a draconimicon....

I have a few different versions of dragons that I use, so I'll probably pick a more specific sort once we nail down the magic. I generally always have dragon magic as an inherent force--they generate their own. The older they are, the greater their magic.

I am also planning on perhaps using two characters. A pair of twins that are nearly opposite of one another powerwise.

Ha. I had to Google what a draconimicon was. I think it would pretty cool if your character was an expert on dragons as well. That way if they are something we run into we always know who we can ask for help without it being Meta talk. Also, on a side note, I'm toying with this idea of there being these legendary items of all sorts. Weapons, armor, runes, books, etc. No restrictions. Just various items that possess knowledge or power. One could be a book like this draconimincon that your dude possess. Another being Gattletowne's cool weapon. Their legendaryness doesn't really have to play into the story for now. It could just be something we sit on the backburner for a while. I'm just compiling a list.

Also, are you saying your hero will be a dragon, or a dragon person, or a person with dragons, or what? All are cool ideas, just want to get a bit of a better picture in my head.

And two character is fine.

;);)

Which isn't to say he won't be trustworthy, he's just morally ambiguous, not at all sentimental, he's ruthless, and he doesn't respond to ideological appeals. Don't worry, I aim to RP this fellow with interesting narrative in mind. The story is always first. He's not just going to be a dick with a cool gun
;)

Sounds good.:cool: Not a huge fan of "I'm a powerful jerk all of the time for no real reason" characters.

Okay how about this for enchanting and maybe even physical spells. Maybe it's like a mystical HTML code. You have to kinda know how to code to get it to work. The runes on my rifle are kind of the code that ties the weapon to the Gaia stream. Limits come in the form of the limitations of the code themselves. There's no one string of logic that can effectively give a spell or a legendary item unlimited access to the stream. The more efficient the 'code' the more effective the magical effect. I hope that analogy isn't too confusing

I know a bit about coding so I get what you are saying. And it makes sense for a form of magic that would rely on runes. Simple runes could represent simple "logic" functions (AND, OR, XOR, etc). More advanced runes could be like entire C# classes. It definitely fits within the context of this form of magic.

I don't know if I'll be able to get on here tomorrow. That will give me some time to think up a forum layout and then I'm going to petition Tiko for our own Epic RP forum. There we can have topics devoted to diving into all of these interesting concepts individually.

As for forum layout, I am thinking of taking a standard route and dividing the IC forum according to physical locations. However, since the overall story progresses in arcs I was thinking each post should have the current arc listed at the top. That way, when we look into a location thread and read some posts we know what arc it takes place in. Might help things be a bit more organized. What do you guys think?

They ARE dragons and work wildly different from one another, each gifted in says unique from one another. So yeah, they can totally be asked stuff in-game about dragon shit.

Also, in regards to legendary items, that could be pretty neat. It could always pull in more side plots with them. Or main ones. Whatever ends up being brought up. ^^

Also also, I'm gonna compile all my preferred dragon mechanics together and post them so you guys can make suggestions or have different ideas and such.

So the two ideas I have are the Nugs, who live in the mountainous region of Nuglar. They're exceptionally strong, large, with fang like teeth. The race in its entirety worship the concept of eating, with their holy figures being both priests and chefs, and their mages use a special type of magic known as Belch Magic, as the mage eats an item them releases a foul breath attack depending on what they eat. Ex. Spicy foods might produce fire, while refreshing foods will produce an icy cold, while healing herbs might produce a healing wind. The Nugs are one of the only, standing against the Tyrant as their strength matches that of ten fit men and their tendencies to eat those that had fallen in battle makes them a rather frightening foe to face.

The second faction I wish to show you is the Void Born. The remnants of an Empire known as the Old Empire, defeated by the Tyrant thousands of years ago, but they have long since trapped their souls in suits of armor to keep themselves from being slaves to the Tyrant. They reside in the capital of the Old Empire known as Rolm, and there they slowly bleed the Tyrant's forces by launching small scale attacks against trade routes and any forts or outposts in that area. The reason they haven't been destroyed is because the Void Born need no sleep, food, or water to survive, they don't can't get tired and they are quite literally immortal, meaning they can't die, only released back into the Void when their armor is destroyed to be collected and placed back into another set. This makes them a logistical nightmare to fight against, combined with their natural resistant to magic meas you're going to have to fight them without the use of magical items or mages as a large collection of Void Born in one area drains the magic straight from the very air itself. They also have technology such as flintlock weaponry, cannons, mortars and magical Sigils, runes that suck and store magic within them only to be released when needed in various ways depending on the Sigil. (Ex. Sigil of Fire, Sigil of Thunder, Sigil of Healing)

Back