The Last Heroes' Guild The Last Heroes' Guild [OOC and Meta]

I think those filler arcs could be fun for backstory stuff or even past missions. I will probably end up using it to show what even got the twins to work with the Heroes in the first place. It could be neat to have those stories.

Coolness! Just making sure. I might write some backstory stuff if I get the creative ideas going.

I was writing Jack's, but I went from having too many ideas to getting stuck and having none. I guess I tried to cover too much stuff with too few words. I don't know. I have 6-7 paragraphs that are pretty much garbage at this point. When I got stuck I read what I had written and it sounded so bleak and uninspired.

Can I ask why everyone makes such long posts. I don't have anything wrong with it, I'm just curious why nobody tries to make their small chapters more concise and compact.

Can I ask why everyone makes such long posts. I don't have anything wrong with it, I'm just curious why nobody tries to make their small chapters more concise and compact.

Personally I think mine are concise, they are long simply because I have more information to put out there. Also I prefer to further or thicken the plot when possible. Though I do agree with you that there is such thing as 'too descriptive' I have honestly not seen it in this particular RP.

@WiZ
Some description is necessary though. It is always better to be more descriptive rather than less. This serves several purposes. If you just make a list of actions, it becomes very boring to read. Your character will lack depth if you describe his emotions and thoughts too superficially. But if you elaborate a little, it becomes enjoyable to read, your character gains credibility and you allow the reader to actually get involved and feel the various scenarios. Good authors are able to evoke feelings in the reader. They describe the scenes so well that you actually feel part of it. You feel the pain, the anger, the cold etc..

Personally, its because its more enjoyable for me thay way. If its writing out scenene and actions I go the long con, but whenever we enter a part where our charactere are conversing than I tone it down write a bit, as conversations scenes need to flow faster

Yeah. We keep covering lots of actions, so I'm trying to cover reactions of my characters as well. But when things tone down a bit, like to conversation or less action-y scenes, so does my post length.

Alright. Seems like things are going good and I'm back in town. Who is coming up in rotation? Otomos and Seaciel maybe?

If they aren't around I might go ahead and work up a new post.

Also about what was discussed on that other thread, I was thinking in not letting the new world have portable firearms. I dunno, in my head it would create a unique dynamic later on were we end up being the cause of the introudction of firearms to the New World. Or somethin like that

Yeah, I can definitely dig that idea, Average. Kind of like going into the past with machine guns. We're those guys. I've always wanted to be one of those guys. LoL

Also, I really like the backstory so far, @Bernar. I think all of us may even be able to tie in some key pieces of the backstory of the Old World into our filler arc backstories and stories of old guild members. If you know what I mean. Maybe by writing those we will be able to flesh out a clearer picture of what is really going on, why the world is how it is, and why we were banished.

Back