Non-Canon The Septarian Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor Jesus

Earl of Phantomhive

The Multiverse.

Such a wide and expansive universe, one which was much bigger than Toffee would have ever anticipated. The incident with Wanda Maximoff was a prime example of just how little of the greater Multiverse he truly knew. That incident still fresh in his mind.

tumblr_static_8wwhn9s3vl8o0484sws04oskc_640_v2.jpg

That's why Toffee was in the library at the moment. He was trying his damndest to find any information on what he had learned from that incident. But no matter how much he searched for a Coalition, Lucas Baker, or even the Dark Place, everything came up blank.

tumblr_inline_o16lysp5n11trm0rg_100.jpg

As he sat in the dark library by himself, Toffee silently read a book on the different dimensions other than Mewni. So far he hadn't seen anything other than ones he already knew of, none of which matched the criteria he was currently seeking of course.

Perhaps he just had to search harder?

@Sen

Last edited:
a7VX9f3.png

There was another disturbance.

The man looked up from the papers he had been reading, his skin tingling at the familiar sensation. It was a horrible, gut-wrenching feeling that crawled along his skin like a persistent insect. At once, he stood up from his chair, alone in an empty office surrounded by all sorts of books. It was notably lacking anything personal, giving the room an extremely formal but cold atmosphere.

He confidently strode to the corner of the room where he plucked a thin book from the top shelf. It was a spell-book that looked as if it had been written and bound in the 1800's. Inside contained a complex spell that allowed the user to transport them into other worlds, other universes, as long as they knew of the multiverse's existence. Luckily, this man did.

This man was Arikado. Genya Arikado. Normally his appearance would be quite different, definitely not a man who had hair that was just as pale as his skin. But right now those trivial things did not matter - not when he had been startled by the sudden pulses of something sinister.

tumblr_inline_n3xo1tIBDn1rk0sf0.jpg

"How strange," he murmured to himself. His voice was deep and smooth, like velvet. But it yielded nothing but curiosity. It sounded as if his voice was unable to house emotions like happiness or sadness. "This one is from a place I have never been to before."

He opened the book to the page he sought, and began chanting the incantation. He had done this many times before and this was no different. All he needed to do was to reach for that disgusting sensation and find its source. It was something he had to practice a lot, but had mastered. It was needed for what he had dedicated his life - after all, what else could be his purpose?

As light enveloped around him, wrapping him in a cold embrace, he found himself floating in nothing. Wind rushed by him as if he was flying, but with his surroundings being entirely white it would have been difficult to tell. In the blink of an eye, he found himself in an unknown world.

a7VX9f3.png

There was another disturbance.

The man looked up from the papers he had been reading, his skin tingling at the familiar sensation. It was a horrible, gut-wrenching feeling that crawled along his skin like a persistent insect. At once, he stood up from his chair, alone in an empty office surrounded by all sorts of books. It was notably lacking anything personal, giving the room an extremely formal but cold atmosphere.

He confidently strode to the corner of the room where he plucked a thin book from the top shelf. It was a spell-book that looked as if it had been written and bound in the 1800's. Inside contained a complex spell that allowed the user to transport them into other worlds, other universes, as long as they knew of the multiverse's existence. Luckily, this man did.

This man was Arikado. Genya Arikado. Normally his appearance would be quite different, definitely not a man who had hair that was just as pale as his skin. But right now those trivial things did not matter - not when he had been startled by the sudden pulses of something sinister.

tumblr_inline_n3xo1tIBDn1rk0sf0.jpg

"How strange," he murmured to himself. His voice was deep and smooth, like velvet. But it yielded nothing but curiosity. It sounded as if his voice was unable to house emotions like happiness or sadness. "This one is from a place I have never been to before."

He opened the book to the page he sought, and began chanting the incantation. He had done this many times before and this was no different. All he needed to do was to reach for that disgusting sensation and find its source. It was something he had to practice a lot, but had mastered. It was needed for what he had dedicated his life - after all, what else could be his purpose?

As light enveloped around him, wrapping him in a cold embrace, he found himself floating in nothing. Wind rushed by him as if he was flying, but with his surroundings being entirely white it would have been difficult to tell. In the blink of an eye, he found himself in an unknown world.

As Toffee continued his extensive research on the Multiverse in his own personal library, his concentration was suddenly broken by a strange noise.

Knowing that his current location was strategic and not easy to get to by any normal means, means that only a select few individuals on Mewni would have access to such as the Butterflies, Toffee stood up and looked out the window to investigate.

tumblr_inline_o16lznYaqp1trm0rg_100.jpg

Upon further inspection, the Septarian saw a blonde man outside. He perhaps could have passed for one of River's relatives, though something about him was... off. Feeling confident in his own abilities, Toffee opened his door and stepped outside to confront this man.

tumblr_inline_o16m2piZ4u1trm0rg_100.jpg

"Excuse me sir, are you lost?" Toffee asked with a full expression. Although he most certainly knew the answer to that question already, he wanted to know what this man was willing to admit to him and what he wasn't.

@Sen

tumblr_inline_n3xl5d3pZ61rk0sf0.jpg

He found himself face to face with a strange creature with lizard-like anatomy. To call it a man would be strange, though it appeared to wearing clothing one would often see where he had just came from. It stood upright like humans, but had a tail and a serpent-like face. Arikado narrowed his eyes at it. This whole world was brimming with that horrible feeling, it was difficult to pinpoint where the source was but he could not afford to be carefree.

Perhaps the strangest thing here was that Arikado did not seemed fazed a lizard-man was talking to him.

"Greetings," the man politely greeted. Enemy or not, it did not hurt to be respectful at least. "If by lost you mean what my purpose here is, then no. If you are asking me where I am, then yes - I am lost."

He found himself face to face with a strange creature with lizard-like anatomy. To call it a man would be strange, though it appeared to wearing clothing one would often see where he had just came from. It stood upright like humans, but had a tail and a serpent-like face. Arikado narrowed his eyes at it. This whole world was brimming with that horrible feeling, it was difficult to pinpoint where the source was but he could not afford to be carefree.

Perhaps the strangest thing here was that Arikado did not seemed fazed a lizard-man was talking to him.

"Greetings," the man politely greeted. Enemy or not, it did not hurt to be respectful at least. "If by lost you mean what my purpose here is, then no. If you are asking me where I am, then yes - I am lost."

tumblr_inline_o16ltvVdH21trm0rg_100.jpg

"I see..." Toffee said before smiling towards the stranger, trying to remain as hospital as possible. Manners costed nothing, after all.

tumblr_inline_o16lz8UeVG1trm0rg_100.jpg

"Well, do come in. I'll make us some tea so we can discuss this matter further." Toffee said as he held the door open for Arikado. Once the two were inside, Toffee sat back in his recliner after handing the vampire a cup of hot tea.

"Please, sit." He said, gesturing for Arikado to sit in the recliner across from him.

@Sen

tumblr_inline_n3xl7hYQZL1rk0sf0.jpg

The man tucked away the book under his robes and quietly followed after the lizard-man. Normally he wouldn't follow a stranger, especially since he was a foreigner on these lands. But Arikado had absolutely no idea where he was, much less how he was supposed to deal with the situation here.

"From your words, it appears you know why I am here?" Arikado narrowed his eyes, but accepted the cup of tea as he cautiously sat down. He held the cup quite elegantly, but he had no plans to drink from it. "Mayhaps I can take your name, sir?"

tumblr_inline_n3xl7hYQZL1rk0sf0.jpg

The man tucked away the book under his robes and quietly followed after the lizard-man. Normally he wouldn't follow a stranger, especially since he was a foreigner on these lands. But Arikado had absolutely no idea where he was, much less how he was supposed to deal with the situation here.

"From your words, it appears you know why I am here?" Arikado narrowed his eyes, but accepted the cup of tea as he cautiously sat down. He held the cup quite elegantly, but he had no plans to drink from it. "Mayhaps I can take your name, sir?"

tumblr_inline_o16luebcRL1trm0rg_100.jpg

"You may call me Toffee. And yourself?" Toffee asked before taking another sip of his own tea. After doing so, he'd respond to his first question with a polite chuckle.

tumblr_inline_o16lywy4M01trm0rg_100.jpg

"And no. I do not know why you are here. So, praytell, what is your purpose for being here, if you don't mind me asking."

@Sen

"I see. Then you are incredibly... welcoming of strangers. Does my presence not make you uncomfortable?"

tumblr_inline_n3xl6z0DPi1rk0sf0.jpg

"I am..." he hesitated for a second. "I am Arikado. Perhaps Lady Fortune is smiling upon me to have encountered a citizen of this world. Sometimes that is not the case." The pale man harrumphed. "Has there been any suspicious activity in this world? Anything out of the ordinary - anything that has the capability to cause trouble?"

"I see. Then you are incredibly... welcoming of strangers. Does my presence not make you uncomfortable?"

tumblr_inline_n3xl6z0DPi1rk0sf0.jpg

"I am..." he hesitated for a second. "I am Arikado. Perhaps Lady Fortune is smiling upon me to have encountered a citizen of this world. Sometimes that is not the case." The pale man harrumphed. "Has there been any suspicious activity in this world? Anything out of the ordinary - anything that has the capability to cause trouble?"

tumblr_inline_o16lzkgWNT1trm0rg_100.jpg

"Well, I would be lying if I said that your presence didn't at least... pique my interest." Toffee replied before shrugging. "But... I'm not one to be rude to guests, friend or foe."

After listening to the man speak more, Toffee would sip more of his tea before setting it down on the table in front of him. "No, there has not been anything out of the ordinary, from what I could tell. I assume that you're not from Mewni, correct?"

@Sen

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_n3xn9sLzHD1rk0sf0.jpg

"Then you are quite a gentleman indeed." However, the dhampir placed his cup of tea down, and stood up. The lizard-man wasn't able to give the information that he needed. "I see. I am looking for sources of power, but if you do not know then there is nothing I can do about it."

"So... this world is called 'Mewni'. It does not ring a bell to me, so this journey will be interesting."

tumblr_inline_n3xn91Khm61rk0sf0.jpg

"Indeed. I am from Japan, a land from another world."

@thatguyinthestore

tumblr_inline_n3xn9sLzHD1rk0sf0.jpg

"Then you are quite a gentleman indeed." However, the dhampir placed his cup of tea down, and stood up. The lizard-man wasn't able to give the information that he needed. "I see. I am looking for sources of power, but if you do not know then there is nothing I can do about it."

"So... this world is called 'Mewni'. It does not ring a bell to me, so this journey will be interesting."

tumblr_inline_n3xn91Khm61rk0sf0.jpg

"Indeed. I am from Japan, a land from another world."

@thatguyinthestore
tumblr_inline_o16lujRSv51trm0rg_100.jpg

"Hmm... so you are from another universe, I presume?"
Toffee asked, sounding more intrigued than surprised at the fact.

tumblr_inline_o16lu2rqOC1trm0rg_100.jpg

"I myself have been studying the Multiverse or quite some time now. I was well aware of other... closer dimensions beforehand, though after some recent events, I now know that the Multiverse is much more expansive than I ever anticipated."

@Sen

tumblr_inline_n3xnm1BOse1rk0sf0.jpg

The dhampir sat back down, though the tea remained untouched. Now he was intrigued by the lizard-man's answer. Judging from what he had just said, it appears he was once... a participant? If a participant was here, then he was in the right place. There was a source of power leaking here that needed to be stopped at all cost.

The worst part about what he did was that it was impossible to find any records of past events. He wasn't allied with the Coalition, or any organization that shared the same goal as him. Arikado preferred to work alone. He was used to being alone. It was hard to trust anyone except himself.

"You can say that, yes. I came here from my own world." Arikado sighed. This conversation was likely to get nowhere. "You surely have not invited me inside just to ask me simple questions. What is it that you want? I do not have all the time in the world to explore this.. Mewni."

tumblr_inline_n3xnm1BOse1rk0sf0.jpg

The dhampir sat back down, though the tea remained untouched. Now he was intrigued by the lizard-man's answer. Judging from what he had just said, it appears he was once... a participant? If a participant was here, then he was in the right place. There was a source of power leaking here that needed to be stopped at all cost.

The worst part about what he did was that it was impossible to find any records of past events. He wasn't allied with the Coalition, or any organization that shared the same goal as him. Arikado preferred to work alone. He was used to being alone. It was hard to trust anyone except himself.

"You can say that, yes. I came here from my own world." Arikado sighed. This conversation was likely to get nowhere. "You surely have not invited me inside just to ask me simple questions. What is it that you want? I do not have all the time in the world to explore this.. Mewni."

tumblr_inline_o16lucn9dL1trm0rg_100.jpg

"Cutting straight to the point, are we?" Toffee asked with a smirk, followed up by another chuckle. Clasping his hand together, Toffee would lean back into his chair before continuing.

tumblr_inline_o16lyvwCsp1trm0rg_100.jpg

"Upon your arrival here, it was quite obvious that you weren't from Mewni. Seeing as you don't appear to be from any dimension I'm aware of, you were a participant in one of those... Death Games, correct?"

@Sen

tumblr_inline_n3xn8t0j0n1rk0sf0.jpg

"I could ask the same question to you. Otherwise, why would one be researching the Multiverse?"

"Suppose if I confirmed your suspicions. What would you do?"

@thatguyinthestore

tumblr_inline_n3xn8t0j0n1rk0sf0.jpg

"I could ask the same question to you. Otherwise, why would one be researching the Multiverse?"

"Suppose if I confirmed your suspicions. What would you do?"

@thatguyinthestore
tumblr_inline_o16ltuoGKf1trm0rg_100.jpg

"Nothing that you wouldn't do, I'm sure." Toffee replied dryly before sipping his tea yet again. "But yes... I was a participant in one of these 'games', for lack of a better term. Perhaps you could indulge into the details regarding own your experience?"

@Sen

tumblr_inline_n3xl91OcEx1rk0sf0.jpg

At that, the man fell silent. He wasn't sure how to answer to the lizard-man's question. Or if he should answer it at all. However, thinking about it brought him no joy. Coldness, wetness, being surrounded by emotions that he could only describe as despair. He remembered a towering figure encased in flames and a soul-crushing aura. He remembered those around him, a dark-skinned girl who had strange powers, a pale woman from the Orient with a fan that sparkled with gold, a maniacal-looking spellcaster - just some among many that looked up in horror and fear at what had appeared before them, yet their eyes winked with determination as they charged.

"I am afraid not. It is best not to bring up the past, no? For there are monsters that lurk in our memories." The dhampir sighed, "Sometimes unwarranted emotions will emerge and it may divert me from the path I seek to walk upon. Petty things like... revenge, vengeance, seething anger for something that is better left behind."

tumblr_inline_n3xl91OcEx1rk0sf0.jpg

At that, the man fell silent. He wasn't sure how to answer to the lizard-man's question. Or if he should answer it at all. However, thinking about it brought him no joy. Coldness, wetness, being surrounded by emotions that he could only describe as despair. He remembered a towering figure encased in flames and a soul-crushing aura. He remembered those around him, a dark-skinned girl who had strange powers, a pale woman from the Orient with a fan that sparkled with gold, a maniacal-looking spellcaster - just some among many that looked up in horror and fear at what had appeared before them, yet their eyes winked with determination as they charged.

"I am afraid not. It is best not to bring up the past, no? For there are monsters that lurk in our memories." The dhampir sighed, "Sometimes unwarranted emotions will emerge and it may divert me from the path I seek to walk upon. Petty things like... revenge, vengeance, seething anger for something that is better left behind."

tumblr_inline_o16m1mp9HL1trm0rg_100.jpg

"Yes... memories can be repulsive little brutes, can't they?" Toffee asked rhetorically, before sipping his tea yet again and pausing for a moment. After a good moment of silence, he continued. "Though... a wise man once told me that our pasts don't define who we are. They simply give us the starting point for who we're going to become."

tumblr_inline_o16m1uxHlY1trm0rg_100.jpg

"However, if you do not wish to tell me of your time spent in one of these 'games', then I will respect your wishes." He replied with a simple nod.

@Sen

tumblr_inline_n4vxv0vEO51rk0sf0.jpg

"Indeed. Those are wise words." The dhampir smiled a crooked smile. Those words were easier to follow when one didn't exactly have a past. No worries like others, no concerns. Only a tough decision - what were they to do with their lives? It took him a long time to figure it out, but when he did, he finally felt the energy to move his bones. To carry on the duty he had given himself.

"Forgive me if I am incorrect then, good sir. But since you have not exactly told me what it is you wanted - may I voice my assumptions?" He raised an eyebrow. "Are you perhaps... looking for a way to cross worlds?"

Considering the lizard-man's questions, the man could only assume that he was curious as to how he came about.

tumblr_inline_n4vxv0vEO51rk0sf0.jpg

"Indeed. Those are wise words." The dhampir smiled a crooked smile. Those words were easier to follow when one didn't exactly have a past. No worries like others, no concerns. Only a tough decision - what were they to do with their lives? It took him a long time to figure it out, but when he did, he finally felt the energy to move his bones. To carry on the duty he had given himself.

"Forgive me if I am incorrect then, good sir. But since you have not exactly told me what it is you wanted - may I voice my assumptions?" He raised an eyebrow. "Are you perhaps... looking for a way to cross worlds?"

Considering the lizard-man's questions, the man could only assume that he was curious as to how he came about.

tumblr_inline_o16lziyNPI1trm0rg_100.jpg

"Your assumptions aren't wrong, Arikado. I wish to learn more about the other realms. I was well aware that Mewni isn't the only dimension out there. However... our dimensions all reside within one, expansive universe." Toffee would pause and sigh before continuing.

"However, after becoming a participant in a Death Game, it became quite apparent to me that there are parallel universes as well. I wish to travel to these universes, though I am without a means to." Toffee replied with a plain expression on his face, and a tone which matched it.

@Sen

tumblr_inline_n3xl7oVpmD1rk0sf0.jpg

The dhampir looked around. He was surrounded by many books, many of which were books he had never seen before. Which would naturally be so, seeing as he was in an entirely new world. "But it seems you have many materials here upon which you can conduct some research on," he said. Arikado cocked an eyebrow, "You mean to say nothing here has assisted you so far?"

tumblr_inline_n3xl9cL0vd1rk0sf0.jpg

"I am curious. If you were a participant in these events, surely you know the dangers of traversing beyond your own world. Why would you want to leave the safety of home?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back