Ame Damnee The Terrestrial Bay

Alora - Fortune Slave, port-side

Alora blinked slightly as the sun was eclipsed by the large form of of Navi. Oh how she was grateful to see that large rack! Being helped the rest of the way on the ship, she let out a happy chirping noise before shrugging the rope off herself then untying the poor sap who had fallen into the waves, “Oh Ducky~ this here sailor is in need of your expertise after all you don’t want to know what I would do to him if it be left to me.”

Her blue eyes danced over to the male before she turned to thank the Navi only to immediately jump back into the water at the mention of land. She swore she was allergic to the stuff. A pout formed on her face.

Gosberg- Fortune Slave, Below Deck

Gosberg walks around below deck, and he was rather pleased to see that a few of the crew had started already cleaning the ship's cannons. He hears Navi shouting out that she had found land. He can'h help but smile. It's been too long for these cannons have seen battle, and that a battle hardened cannon is a happy cannon, and a happy cannon is a reliable cannon. "Measure the powder lads! Ready for the captain's call and by the Knight someone get me a damned drink!"

Marcus Polon, Fortune Slave, near the board

"Yes, yes." Marcus rubbed his palms and showed at the net in water. "I need you to move your lazy ass, and take this incredibly important net out of water.”

Marcus moved his hand quickly and jerked his beard.

“Ah, back in the days of my youth, I could lift ten nets like this at once.” He said loudly straightening his back proudly. Then quickly, he turned and covered his face in theatrical gesture. ”But, alas, the tooth of time has gnawed on my body! And, trust me, there was much to gnaw...”

Marcus talked happily about his probably made up physical achievements, when he unknotted the rope that was keeping the net next to the ship and handled it to Remon.

Remon Belloy- Fortune Slave, above deck

"Right away sir." Said Remon. He didn't like the man's tone, but he couldn't really do anything about it. On the ship he needed to keep his head down and stay calm, otherwise he'll be thrown overboard in a heartbeat. He began pulling up the net, wondering what could be on the other side.

Captain Ralerus Deldros
The Fortune Slave, On Deck

Ralerus watched as Tor'Mur stormed off, shooting him a snarky comment that really hit home. Visibly flustered, he took a handkerchief from his pocket and pretended to wipe at a scuff on his vest. "I'm the Captain here!" He replied, pouting and examining the dirt under his fingernails briefly. "Hmph." Shaking his head, the man cleared his throat and nodded to Maligaro, before heading the same direction that his First Mate had gone. He would have to check below ship and see how things were going with their weapons and ammunition supply before the battle. The Arsenal Commander should be doing that presently.

Before he did, he noticed Remon pulling up the net and approached the other pirate, looking towards Marcus. "Already beating up on our crew members, Medic? Tsk tsk." Clicking his tongue, he came up next to the Cabin Boy and grabbed another part of the net. "Let me help you there." With their combined strength, the seaweed was on board with no trouble, and he smirked. "Good man. Go easy on 'im, Remon. He's a little crazy." Whispering that to him and swirling his finger by his ear to emphasize his point, he turned on his heel and made for his destination again.

As soon as he got there, he noticed that Navi was awake and talking to Tor. "Oh, finally- Land, you say?" Barging in on the conversation, Ralerus grinned, putting one of his large hands on top of the Navigator's head and patting it. "Sometimes you can be useful! Lend me that a moment." He took the telescope from the woman's hands and rushed back towards the main deck, swiftly climbing the ladder that led to the top of the crow's nest with ease. He put the lens to his eye and glanced around in a few different directions before he spotted the distant coast of New Eden himself. It was slightly hidden by morning fog, but that would clear away shortly. "Land-ho, men! We'll be ashore in due time!"

The exclamation riled up many of the crew members, and they started to hurry in their preparations. The Captain himself slid back down to the deck and manned the steering wheel, twisting it around to angle the ship towards the manor. How lucky it was that a large chunk of the militia was currently in Oblitus. That map and the Admiral's daughter was practically theirs already.

Gosberg- Fortune Slave, Below Deck

Hearing the captain, Gosberg figured his wish would soon be answered. "Shore's ahead boys! Load the guns, prepare to fire!" He shouted out, as he walked around the lower deck. He made sure the task of loading the guns were done right. He didn't needed to do much work. Over the past 5 years, he whipped the gunnery teams into shape, punishing those who fail his task by baking them in the sun and moon for two days without any food or water. The engineering college trained him in the management of artillery weaponry, and he had brought their harsh tactics to the Fortune Slave.

Remon- Fortune Slave, Above Deck

"Aye sir." He replied. He soon heard the captain call out that land was a bit away. He rushed over to the side to see New Eden, covered in a bit of fog. He was glad to know that they were going to hit land soon, but at the same time he felt a bit of guilt knowing that he was going to be one of the many who will storm the city for loot and plunder. He couldn't look at was once his home and went down to his quarters to get his gear in order.

Last edited:
-------------------------
Tor'Mur
Fortune Slave
Below-Deck
-------------------------

Tor'Mur grunted when Navi practically threw herself on top of her. The First Mate was about to throw the other woman the rest of the way down the stairs if it wasn't for the words that left her mouth. "Land! I saw land up ahead!"

Regrettably, the first thing that came to Tor's mind was: But I didn't even get to sleep yet. Although the thought was quickly overcome with anticipation of perhaps one of the biggest scores of her career. A grin came to her broad face, and she momentarily forgot that Navi was still hanging on her shoulder as she started to head down the creaky stairs again. She was quickly reminded when she almost fell on her face.

"Agh! Navi, get off!" she snapped as she grabbed the drunk woman's arm and tossed it away. "I've got things to do!" With that, she stormed off to her own small quarters, slinging the enormous gun off her back as she did so. "Little Buddy" wouldn't just clean himself, you know.

Navi still hung onto Tor's shoulder after her little announcement, using the woman more as a stability post rather than just acting out a friendly gesture. When Tor started to move towards the stairs, Navi still hung on her feet dragging across the floor a bit before being tossed off of Tor. With a smile, she cheered as she noticed that Tor hadn't cause anymore damage to her person than the bruising grip Tor held on the faery's arm which in her ind was progress. This thought quickly turned into happy feelings when the captain laid his hand on her head and called her useful. "Woo!" she yelled as she spun away from the captain, barely taking note of him making use of her telescope. "I'm useful!"

She then quickly looked up at the incoming land and she seemed to remember where they were heading. New Eden, been such a long time, huh? she thought as she checked Pocket for her swords, once found she strapped them around her waist and bounced on the balls of her feet as excitement coursed through her veins. How long has it been since she spilled a little blood, that wasn't her own, huh?

Alora - Fortune Slave, portside

Lazily the siren swam next to the boat. She honestly knew she was needed back up top to handle the sails but damn it she didn’t like being away from the water for long. One might say it was simply her desire and need to see, smell and be able to touch the clear liquid that might as well have been her parents of birth. She closed her eyes slightly and hummed at the mere thought of how she wasn’t human as she had once believed so long ago. She called down a rope and allowed herself to be pulled out of the water. Once back up top she found her clothes and got dressed before staring at the crew members that were downright cheery about the mention of land.

Huffing she set about getting the few ropes she needed ready to help raise the sails to assist in bringing the vessel to a nice calm stop just outside the self where the land started. Once her part was done she navigated her way to the bow of the ship and took a seat on the railing to glare at the sight of the sands of off white that glimmered there. She muttered about the junk and how it got everywhere. While nearly everyone else would be headed ashore she would stay right there on the ship. After all no one could work the sails like she could.

Marcus Polon, The Fortune Slave

“Good day, beautiful,” Marcus’ voice sounded behind the Alora’s back . The alchemist was dragging a net full of seaweeds across the board and stopped by the woman. He brushed his hair with still wet palm and also glanced over the sands of the coast. “New Eden, huh? Have you ever set a foot in this gods forgotten city? Ygh, a terrible place, I tell ya.”

His tone didn’t really match his harsh words, though. He sounded more nostalgic than anything else.

“Ah, but you are probably staying on the ship, aren't you?” Marcus attempted to gently poke Alora with his elbow. “Sails up just in case we need to get out of here as soon as possible, and that shiet.”

Those neon blue eyes located the insane medic as soon as he spoke to her. ‘Beautiful…’ She was sure to someone she was but she knew the monster she was at heart, “Oh, if it isn’t, Marcus!” She flirted slightly with him as she put a delicate gloved hand on his shoulder, “What sort of souls from the sea have you hauled in this time?”

The poor sailor she had saved was dropped like a rock to the hard deck which seemed to provide just the perfect amount of jolt required to force the water from his lungs. He came to in a coughing gagging fit, “Oh well lookie there! Back from the dead are we?” She patted the poor sap on the back, “Next time I suggest you stay clear of the Second. She tends to be rather foul even on a good day,” With that she returned her attention to the evil medic, “What brings you to me?” She continued to flirt lightly.

Eirik Crow -Fortune Slave, somewhere in the belly of the ship.

The Jotun’s stomach heaved slightly as the waves lulled the ship forward. Why had he became a pirate if the only thing that ever happened to him was that he got so seasick he could barely move? His ruby eyes opened slightly as if something called to him from some distant shore… “Land?” He questioned slightly then sat up in his cot. The hammocks most of the men used were too delicate to handle his weight not to mention his horns got tangled from time to time. He was likely one of the richer members of the crew but he kept it to himself.

He stood and tilted his head to the side to keep his horns from scraping the roof of the room he was in.

Fumbling slightly he pushed the door out of his way then glanced about slightly. His heavy fur coat brushed the back of his legs as he walked. He gave a yawn as he stepped around a few members that scurried to avoid bumping into the frost giant. As he reached the stairs that lead to the top deck he paused listening to the wood around him and the murmurings of the wind that trickled through the sails and down the passageway.

The very earth seemed to be whispering its greeting to the crew of the Fortune Slave. With careful steps his hand gripping the railing he made his way up into the warm sunlight that nearly blinded him. Blinking a few times he squinted about till he found the side of the ship then just beyond that the scent of moist earth, “How long till landfall?” He questioned the person closest to him. The jotun cared little he could just as easily call the very earth to raise from the seabed to greet the air and have it carry him the rest of the way to shore.

He had nothing against water it just wasn’t his favorite element to dwell in for long periods of time. His seasickness was dissipating at this point. His grey blue skin becoming less and less green in tone. Eirik ran a hand through his long black hair being mindful of the gold and and gems that decorated its length. The golden bands that decorated his neck caught in the light as did the rich emerald.

Marcus, The Fortune Slave
“Oh, you know.” Marcus smiled taking off his goggles for a second and winking to Alora in a flirtatious way. “I was always fond of the beautiful views.”

The medic pulled his net a little bit closer, leaving a wet trail on the board and looked at the sailor lying on the ground. “And who is this unhandsome man you have torn out form the Lady Sea’s grasp?”

He kicked a man delicately, to check if he was alive and when he coughed few times he smiled contently.

“Less dead than you seem, huh?" He knelt next to him and took out a strange bottle out of his coat. He unplugged it and poured its content into sailors mouth. For a second nothing happened and then he started coughing violently and his skin became red and hot, as if he had a fever.

After less than a short moment the attack has subsided and man lied motionlessly on the deck.

“ ‘Key. Now you shouldn’t even have a cold.” Marcus woke up and brushed off the dirt from his trousers and looked at Alora with his evil grin. “Unless he gets some fish scales, he should be fine.”

Maligaro Sol - The Fortune Slave

"I see you are indeed a capable alchemist, Marcus Polon. I hope we can work well together in the future." Maligaro remarked. He walked over and took hold of the other end of the net, taking a share of its weight. He grimaced taking a hold of it, finding it rather unpleasant to grasp the slimy net, but held it firm.

Maligaro examined the man on the deck for a moment, before turning back to Marcus. "An effective remedy. To cleanse the body of impurities through heat. I don't think I'm familiar with the concoction. I hope you'll have to show me it sometime." Maligaro said. He paused breifly, and gave a quizzical expression. "If I may ask, what are you doing dredging for seaweed and algae?"

Alora - Fortune Slave, port-side

She chuckled lightly as she glanced at the surgeon, “Oh you should be more concerned about the other things he catches in those nets. I’ve seen a few things one wouldn’t wish to touch,” The siren was amused to no end at this point, “Oh! Also if you find any of that wonderful dark green seaweed. I can’t remember the name, but the one that dies like a fabric please send it my way I need some new blouses and the fabric works wonderfully. Not to mention I can weave a strong rope from the scraps.”

She waved lightly as she moved to check her rigging again. It was more than just a habit for her. It was her livelihood and the one thing that kept her around humans instead of the sea. She had seen what happened to sirens that lingered too long out at sea without ever getting out of the water. They turned into beasts that feasted on the flesh of those that were lured to them by their soft songs.

Marcus, The Fortune Slave

“Oh doc, it is pretty simple in fact.” Marcus waved his hand around him. “Do you see any herbs around us?”

He stood there with a stretched hand for a moment and then turned to look at the land he was pointing at. In the distance a forest could be seen, surely full of useful flora.

“Yeah, on the middle of the ocean it is easier to make this point, hahaha!” Marcus laughed at his own joke, and grabbed the net back with two hands.

“Anyways, between all our plundering, kidnapping and other vicious crimes, there is really little time to gather some herbs so needed for the land rat’s potions. So…” Polon pointed at the seaweeds and almost shouted proudly. “I invented a brand new alchemy! The completely original, absolutely wonderful seaweed-based alchemy. Countless profitable effects of those green shit; plethora of interesting side effects I could never get that boring land herbs. Truly, little else profited me more than becoming pirate…”

Marcus continued his long monologue, directing his steps to below the deck. He stopped spitting out words only to answer Alora cheerfully: “Of course, sweetheart, whatever you wish for!”

Maligaro Sol, The Fortune Slave

"Interesting, interesting." Maligaro muttered. "I never truly mastered the craft of alchemy." He openly admitted, following along with the bundle of seaweed. "I dabbled in far too many other things to ever become more than an adept. I know the herbs, I know how to mix them and make a plethora of potions, but my skills hardly push the frontier of the science. The gods demand far too much time as it is..."

Maligaro drifted off, and briefly stopped to listen to something he couldn't quite make out, then snapped from his reverie and continued as if nothing had happenned.

"I did bring quite the collection of 'boring land herbs,' as you so called them. You can most likely put them to better use than I. I only ask that you at least leave some for my needs in the surgery, as well." He stated, then quickly asked, "Is the ship, by any chance, always this... chaotic?"

~Navi Darling- Fortune Slave~
Navi waited anxiously as she watched the land grow closer, holding a large bottle of ale in her wait. She leaned against the ship as she watched the others interact, taking a huge drink of her bottle as she did so.

Eirik Crow -Fortune Slave, somewhere in the belly of the ship.

His ruby gaze danced over to the rather beautiful fiery red headed woman that leaned against the
railing not far from himself. Nearly everything about her reminded him of the richness of the
mainland they were headed to now. There used to be field of wildflowers that matched her eyes.
He fingered a bead of gold in his long black hair.

“Navi,” he greeted her gently as he moved closer to her. He wasn’t sure what more to say to her.
His people skills were lacking to say the least. He had spent too many years alone in the wilds to
say the least.

Captain Zathrian Ellwood - The Fortune Slave

The elf stood at the wheel of the ship, black hair flowing in the breeze. He could see it now, all the adventure that was to come, all the treasure that would make them famous. Captain Zathrian Ellwood would not be denied this chance. The plan was simple, effective, and most importantly swift. If they ran into even the slightest bit of trouble, he would make sure the crew knew his disappointment.

He shouted across the deck at his crew. "All right men, this is the day we've been waiting for! You all know the plan, get in, grab the girl, grab the map, and get out before sundown. So help me if there's even a speck of red in the sky when we leave, you're all swabbing the deck for the rest of the month!" He heard the collective groan from his men, it was good to keep them motivated, kept them alive and efficient.

"It's finally time to take what's ours, and if fortune is in our favor, which it always is, will come out of this expedition living like kings! NOW GET ME THAT MAP!!!" He screamed as they made landfall. Unsheathing Gemini from its hilt he held it aloft signaling the charge to his crew. It was time to attack.

Alora sighed as she watched the ship empty quickly. It always seemed to be this way. She would be bored as hell for the next hour or so. Her eyes glanced over the ropes as she listened to the silence of the ship. The wind whistled through the rigging causing her to smile. With no one about to her her songs she decided to sing.

Reactions: Rue
Back