Then Came You (Dream and AngelicDemon. Mature Themes. Fantasy and Modern)

DreamWhispers

Whispers of Dreams
Normal. Normal was never part of her life. Normal was hearing voices of the past and present. Always to consume her mind. No matter what she did to try and block them out, it never worked. Life was an endless cycle of voices, jobs and traveling. It had almost driven her to a point of crazy. No matter where she went there was always the voices. Sometimes she couldn’t even understand what was being said. Depending on where they have traveled to. To be used a tool to hunt down the unnatural, the paranormal. That none had any idea that lived among them. To protect the innocent human lives. Thinking that they were the only ones that lived on the Earth. The top for the food chain, but oh how they were wrong. She knew what lurked in the shadows. Knowing the true fear of what it was like to face that danger head on. From day to day the humans didn’t know how close they came to losing their lives. One miss step, one yes to walk away with the sexy stranger. Their lives hung in the great balance of things.

For Eva Matthews that was her life. It had been her life since she was a little girl. Though she was protected, it still didn’t protect her from all the dangers around her. Having become numb to the fear that gripped most “normal” people. It had become a job, a way of life. Listen, always listen. Opening herself up to the onslaught of voices. That filled her mind every waking moment of her life. One would wonder why she hasn’t gone insane. She had wondered that about herself as well. Being able to hear voices since the age of 5 years old. Never knowing what was being said to her in the present or if it was from the past. Her parents didn’t know how to be around her. Talking in hushed whispers when they thought she was asleep or out of the room. But she always knew what was said, even if she didn’t understand the why behind it. That is reason it came to no surprise to her. When the CEO of PPI came to pick her up from her house. She didn’t cry not to be taken away from her parents. She went with him with the understanding that her parents just couldn’t handle her anymore. To give her up to someone that was better to take care of her. In time to come to understand what she truly was. A tool to be used by the PPI. Never to live a normal life, which is what she wanted. To be a normal 25 year old woman. Go out to parties, date guys, without the fear of her curse running them off. Not to get strange looks from people when she answered a question not asked by them. But that was not in the cards for her.

The endless hunt for the dangers in this world had come again. Traveling to a small village deep in the country of Italy. Having scouted the village earlier in the week. That is when she heard about the angels that lived atop the mountain that loomed over the village. Some called them angels, some called them demons. If they were angels they maybe able to offer some way to block the voices. To even teach her how to block them. Through magic or some special way of breathing. That is the hope that she held onto. She would find away to get to the top of that mountain. But with guards always on her back. It was hard to get away from them. Having a meeting with Mark, the CEO of PPI in about 20 mins from now. No telling what he wanted to talk to her about. Everyone knew not to talk around her or in rooms that she would be going into. It kept her in the dark. And it kept their asses out of the fire. When they did something that they weren’t suppose to.

Sitting in her hotel room, looking out onto the village in the distance. The mountain looming above the village. A deep need and hope pulled her to go to that mountain. Leaning on her hand, as she props up her elbow on the arm of the chair. Headphones placed in her ears, playing it as loud as she could. It helped to somewhat drowned on the voices in her head. At least until she got a headache from the the loud music. Not hearing the two tall men come up behind her. They could hear the music blaring from her headphones. The older of the two, he was well built, his hair cut close to the scalp of his head, graying at the temples, eyes a steel grey. Reaching down he taps her on the shoulder. Jumping a little, pulling her headphones off her ears, placing them around her neck. Her ice blue eyes locking on the older tall man. “It’s time to go.” His voice deep, no emotion at all. Pushing up from her chair, slipping her headphones off down onto the coffee table. Without a word following them out and down the long hallway. Never to far from Taylor, the CEO of PPI. He liked to keep her close to him.

They walked in front of her, the loud chatter of those had walked the halls filled her head. It was a jumble of words. Not one over talking the other. Rubbing her temples, knowing she should have brought her headphones with her. But she couldn’t keep Taylor waiting. He hated to be kept waiting for anything. She wasn’t in the mood to deal with his bad mood if she was late for their meeting. The two men stopping at the door at the end of the hallway. Standing to both sides of the door. Walking up to Taylor’s door, hands slipping down from her temples. Sighing softly, she knocks on the door. Taylor’s voice muffled by the thick wooden door. “Come.” He was a man of little words. Opening the door, stepping into his room. It was bigger than her own. Not that she cared either way. A small living room sat in the center of the room. Taylor sitting in one of the chair’s. Looking up from his paper work. Seeing that Eva was standing there waiting to be seen. Never liking to bother him when he was reading something. “Come sit Eva.” Nodding her head walking over to a chair. Sitting down, her ice blue eyes looking to Taylor. “Why have you called a meeting Taylor? You know that I report to you what I hear at the end of the week.” Sitting the paperwork down on the table. “Eva there is no easy way to say this.” Lacing his fingers together as he crosses his legs. “I’m sending you home. Have done your job now it is time for you to go home. Your bags are already down in the waiting car. They will take you to the airport.”

Eva was shocked, never had he sent her home early from a job. At first she didn’t know what to say. Not able to pick up anything where she sat in his room. He had stopped talking in area’s that she would be as well. That made her wondered what he had going on. But she couldn’t question him, it was best that she just went along with it, for now anyways. He would answer her questions when the time came for it. “I don’t understand why you are sending me away. You have never done that before Taylor.” He sighs, “Your job is done here Eva, you are to go home and not leave. You know the rules.” Yes she knew the rules and she was fucking tired of them. Narrowing her eyes at Taylor. “As you wish.” Though what he didn’t know she wouldn’t be going home. This was her chance to try and make it up to the mountain. Taylor nods his head, “You may leave.” Standing up, her hands fisting on at her sides. She hated the way that he treated her half the time. She was worth more then that. Going back to his paperwork.

Walking a little faster than she would have. Shutting the door a little harder. Pinning the guards with hard narrow eyes, “Don’t follow me. I’m going home.” They didn’t even look at her. Storming off to the stairs, wanting to get out of here as fast as she could. Her high heel boots clicking on the metal stairs. Not caring that she left her things. She was to pissed at the moment to give a shit. Walking to the main lobby of the hotel that they were staying in. The double doors waited for her. Pushing as hard as she could on the doors. The blast of the freezing air, hit her right in the face. Blowing her long hair back, a shiver running through her body. The yellow top, hung around her shoulders, tight around her hips. Her tight blue jeans, did nothing to hold the cold at bay. Ahead of her a black car waited to take her to the airport. Marching right up the car, opening the door to the back. Slipping into the back, the driver looked back to her. Rubbing her arms to put some warmth into her body. “To the village.” The driver nodded. Pulling away from the curb of the hotel. Driving her back to the village. Taylor would find out sooner or later that she didn’t go home. But she didn’t give a fuck. Let him try and find her, she was done with all this shit. She was going to find away to get the voices to stop.

The drive wasn’t long, well it didn’t seem long at all to her. Once inside of the little village. Bracing herself for the voices that would clutter her head. A big deep breath, opening the door getting out. Shutting the door behind her, the car drove off. Looking down the street, people making their way to their homes. They didn’t give her a second look. Which was just fine with her. The less that had seen her tonight the better. Wrapping her arms around her body, trying to keep the cold at bay. Her teeth starting to chatter, opening her mouth so not to break her teeth. With how hard they were chattering. Turning to down the side street, making her way to the the woods that surrounded the village. Getting the edge of the woods, they were vast and dense. No telling what lurked in those woods. She was about to find just was in there. Pushing her way through the trees. The roots knotted up out of the ground. High heel boots was not something to wearing right now. She would sink right into the ground. Trying to push the cold out of her mind, her lips turning a light blue. Not made for this kind of weather at all. The further that she walked, the darker the woods became. Every once and awhile moonlight would filter through the dense tree tops. At least she could somewhat see.

The moment that she set foot inside of the woods, the hunters had followed her. Not knowing that they had followed her. Keeping a good distance from her. But close enough to know where she was going. Not that she was silent when she walked through the woods. Some of the tree branches tore at her shirt. Which only made her colder. Even her pants were now all ripped up. Wanting to get to where they lived as fast as she could. She didn’t know if she was going in the right direction at all. But she still kept going. Nothing would keep her from getting there, nothing. Passing under another tree. A little ways from the tree, she heard gun shots. Her heart started to race, running as fast as her feet could carry her to a near by tree. Ducking behind it, laying back on the tree. Hoping to god that who ever was firing the gun wouldn’t find her. She wanted to keep her life. Staying as silent as she could. Listening for the sounds of anyone coming up to the tree.

Last edited:
Kordan sat alone in his private quarters when the alarm sounded. "What now." he grumbled. A subordinate knocks on the door, "Sir, we have report of 5 hunters, and an unknown mortal girl." Kordan stands up, stretches, and says, "Let's go kill these anoying pests. Kill the Hunter furthest from the estate, then surround the other four. Leave the girl to me." Kordan was never one to take chances. The girl was most likely a trap. As he headed towards the intruders, he heard the scream of the first Hunter realizing his idiocy. As the other four were surrounded, he went to capture the girl. Seeing the impatience of his underlings, he stated, "go ahead, kill them." Now to find the girl.

When he found her, he noted the lack of tattoos she had, and asked "Are you a Hunter?"Since she saw their display of power, as a hunter, she would have pissed herself right then and there. But instead of fear, her entire being eminated, relief. Kordan started to ask again, but she shushed him! Him! Kordan! Then she muttered the same two words, "Finally, silence." Seeing she was too weak to go back where she came from, and far too weak to make it up the mountain, he decided to carry her, before he could question why he would do such a thing.

Normally he would clean up now, but it has been a month since the last attack (unusual) so his minions ate every last scrap, and Frank every last drop of blood. So he gathered everyone, and headed back to the estate. It wasn't until he set her down, that he noticed he had helped her.

"What do you think your doing bringing a mortal here, breaking your own rule?" one of his generals said. Why learn their names as long as they know their place? This one in the other hand, well, he needed a reminder. Kordan snaps his fingers, "look up, now down, then break your arm." They still don't remember the hypnosis. After he blindly obeys, he panics, leaving the room, all others following. Now I can find out about this mortal, and why I saved her without a second thought. As he looks at her sleeping form, he suddenly thinks he must protect her, forever. He brings her to his private quarters, and tucks her in bed. Kordan doesn't move until she wakes.

The voices sinking awake in her mind once again. There was never a time that she wasn't without them. It was her life after all. To live with this curse since she could remember. They were there for her when others weren't there for her. Trying in vain to block them out. But never worked. Hoping that coming up here would let her find some kind of relief from them. Just for some peace, that is all that she asked for. Whoever lived deep in the forest, they would either kill her or help her. Either way, it would be a peace for her. Maybe the person, or whatever it was. Could teach her to control the voices. This was her last chance of having some kind of normal life for herself. And she would do anything to get just that.

"I heard there is a demon up there." One female voice rang in her head.

"No, its an angel. Couldn't be anything but that." A older woman's voice spoke out.

"None come back from the forest." A deep male voice fills her head.

Coming to a dead stop, they were becoming to much. Her hands going to her head, as her fingers knot in her hair. Leaning on a tree, half her body folded over. Screaming in her head, "God shut up! Just once, please!" But no matter how much she screamed in her head. It wouldn't work, she knew this. So lost in her own head, the dark voice filled abyss. Forgetting the whole world around her. It wasn't until she heard the scream. Her head snapping up, looking with wide eyes around the forest. Whipping around, she sprints around the tree. Wrong way to go, there before her eyes. She could see just what these things could do.

As she watched the tall, slim man turn. She should have ran for her life. But there was something different, the voices, to her amazement had stopped. Peace filled her mind, she was such awe. Not even hearing him ask her a question. One would think that she was crazy, taking a step to him. Wonder filling her eyes, then another step. She was standing before him. Before he could even speak again, placing her fingers on his lips. Wanting to enjoy the moment that she had of peace. Laying her head softly on his chest, a sigh falling her lips as her whole body relaxes. not even noticing when he picked her up. She cuddle in his arms. Resting her head on his shoulder.

Making their way back up the mountain. Nothing would have awaken her. Once inside of his place. Not even hearing what was going on. No, she was all to happy to sleep. Anytime that she heard his voice in her sleep, she would cuddle closer to him.

Once inside his private chamber and bed. A soft groan fell from her lips. She was enjoying sleeping in his arms. But the bed was soft beneath her body. Her face peaceful as she slept. For once in her life, no voices woke her. Didn't keep her from sleeping. Her body needed this more then anything. She slept for many hours. Her hair spread out on his pillows as she moved a little under the covers. Rolling on her side, she faces Kordan. Slowly her eyes flutter open. In a room that she didn't even know. The voices no longer in her head. She couldn't help but smile. As her eyes fell on him. Pushing herself up in his bed. Studying him, trying to figure out who he was. But she had never met him before last night. And she did remember him from then. Not saying a word, though she knew that she needed to. Not much in awe of everything. As time ticked by, she finally said something.

"I may I ask what you did last night? You did something wonderful for me. I can't thank you enough for doing that." But he didn't say a word, raising her eyebrow. "I'm sorry, I think I should introduce myself. I'm Eva Matthews, you are?" She waited for him to speak, before she said anything more.

There was a reason he stayed by her side. If only he knew what the reason was. As he inspected her, he noticed how peacefully she slept. In this world, how could anyone, especially one who just saw him kill, be at peace?

He noticed her form stirring, and waited. If she was an enemy, he would give no information. As her eyes landed on him, no fear clouded her vision, but once again relief seemed to take place instead.
"May I ask what you did last night? You did something wonderful for me. I can't thank you enough for doing that." He was fairly certain that nobody else was anywhere near his room, but didn't want to take chances. He used the power Shaküm to sense for lifeforms within hearing distance. As he did this, she continued. "I'm sorry, I think I should introduce myself. I'm Eva Mathews."

Eva Mathews... Nope, knowing her name made it worse. Now he knew who he wanted to protect. And now he felt it was his duty to do so. Once he confirmed nothing could hear them, he answered her questions. "My name is Kordan. Before I tell you anymore of myself, this place, or what I have done, I need you to tell me your intentions. Why did you enter the forest? Were you with the hunters, or was it mere coincidence that they were right behind you? Did you start your climb seeking help, or to kill?" Seeing as she was way too calm about the whole situation, it seemed likely she at least knew of the dangers in the forest that surrounded the estate. "The only reason I saved your life is for information. If I deem you a threat in any way, I'll eat you." Obviously, he couldn't seem to bring himself to do it, but she didn't know that. Did she?

It was right about then he noticed the logo on her shirt. A branch had torn right through it, so it was a little harder to recognise. But when that's the only logo you've seen for the past few centuries, you kinda memorize it. It was PPI. He knew he should've ended her existance right then and there. It was literally written on her, she was with the hunters. But then there was the front PPI uses, and any who were employed by the front were in the dark about the 'other' side of the business. So he waited for her answer.

Last edited:
Kordan, what a strong man. His name washing over in a soft wave. Her eyes fluttering close as she let the warmth of his name soak into her bones. Feeling it fill her whole body with its warmth. He may look cold on the outside. But there was something about him, a pull that she had never felt in her whole life. Slowly her eyes opened, her clear blue eyes locked on him. All his questions, some of them confused her. "Hunter's?" Not having any idea of what he was he was talking about. "I will be honest with you. I don't know of any hunter's. Even to what they are. So, I'm not with the hunters, as you call them. I came into the forest on my own." Though if she was followed she couldn't be for sure. The CEO, always wanted to keep tabs on her. But as far as he knew she was on her way back to the states this very moment.

Playing with the covers that covered the lower part of her body. That was going to be a harder question for her to answer. Not know how he would take the news of it. Most that learned of what she could do, they all but ran the other way. And the thought of him running for her, twisted her heart. She couldn't bare it, though at this moment she didn't even know why that caused her pain. Picking at dirt that wasn't even on the blankets. "Well...I..." Having a hard time getting the words out. Not wanting him to think that she was crazy. But there really wasn't any way around it. She would have to come out and just tell him. And hope to the gods that he didn't just run away from her. Taking a deep breath, "The reason came into the forest, to come here...was...for help." Her clear blue eyes met his once again. "There is not a bone in my body that would want to kill anyone or anything." She hoped that he believed her. "You see...I have this thing. Well some would call it a gift, but since I was born it has been my curse. Its the reason that I'm where I am now. I...can..hear people." Oh that didn't explain it at all. "Let me explain it better to you." Pushing up off the bed she walked around his room. Not wanting to meet his eyes as she talked. "I can hear voices, from anytime. All I have to do is stand in one place and if at anytime someone talked I can hear it." Stopping in front of the window that looked out onto the forest around them. "It has been my cross I had to bear. My parents gave me to a man, that man raised me since the time that I was 3 years old." Slipping her hands behind her back she didn't turn around. "He took care of me, giving a roof over my head and food to eat. But In return I had to work for him. I work for a company that seeks out creatures. When said creatures are found, I don't know what happens after that. He send me away."

Looking over her shoulder at him. Did he see her as a threat? Was this the end of her life here and now? Those questions swirled in her mind. But she had know if he would keep her here, kill her or send her away. Turning away from the window, walking over to him. Standing in front of him, if he was going to kill her she would stand on her feet, because if he wouldn't or couldn't help her. She was better off dead anyways. Because she didn't want to go back to the way that her life was before all this. Before she found the peace that she longed so much for in her life. If there was a chance to learn what he knew, then she would do all she could learn just that. If not, then she would figure out what she would do after that. But right now, he still made no move to kill her. That gave her a little hope that he didn't want to kill her just yet.

Finding a another, she pulled in in front of him, sitting down her eyes level with his. "I don't know if you can help me with the curse, if it can be cured all together. But when I'm around you, the voices are gone. I can't hear them anymore, its one of the most amazing things I have ever heard in all my life." Lacing her fingers together in front of herself. "If you still deem a threat, I'm better off dead anyways. Because I can't go back to life I had before. I was going crazy, no matter how many years I have had this. If you are willing to help me.." She paused, not knowing why she was doing this. "I will help you all that can, Kordan." Looking up from her fingers, her eyes pleading with him. Hoping that he would at least let her stay here, even if he wasn't able to help her like she wanted him to. She waited for his answer and reactions to all that she said and asked.

Sin. Lies. Deciet. This is what he knew best, for it was what he was cursed with. Any who spoke a lie, always gave away some clue, no matter how well they had been trained. Except for Kordan, of course. He had many more years of practice than the average mortal. Keeping perfectly still as he evaluated what she told him. So she was the secret weapon, the instument that led to the death of all of his immortal brethren. And she would have been the one that would pick them out of a crowd of millions, when they tried moving.
"It seems I am to thank you. Because you helped PPI to eliminate, capture, or whatever it is they did to the rest of my brethren. Honestly, that is a load of jobs I no longer need to do, and now you say you'll help me all that you can? It seems you have MUCH to learn." Kordan stands up. "Follow me. I will determine if you can be of any use at all."

He leads her through the maze of hallways until he reaches a staircase. Once they descend three stories, he lights a torch and turns to face her. "In this hallway, there are 50 rooms. They are all identical except for one. I want you to find the room that is different."

He brings her to the first of bare-looking rooms, with straw-mat floors and thin panneled walls. In each corner is a small lantern, not nearly strong enough to light a room one fifth this size sufficiently. There would be no way she could suspect the first room I bring her to has one lantern with two candles, unless she is exceptional. "They all should look identical to this, but one of the fifty rooms should be slightly different. It may be that one room has more panels, or one panel slightly larger than the rest. It could also be that the floor is made out of grass instead of straw. Whenever you find the answer, pull the rope at the end of the hall. It connects directly to my room, and I'll return. It is now sunrise, So you have until sundown, otherwise I kill you." He turns on his heel abruptly, and returns to his cambers.

What is it about this mortal woman? It feels as though he would simply float away if she so much as said 'goodbye.' He recalled her intense stare after she first awoke. It was as though that look alone was holding him to the earth. Not gravity, but the look of relief mixed with need. As he thought about it, he simply became confused, and confusion enraged him. Normally. And normally, he would go on a rampage, killing several of his soldiers. But this time, this time he drew from Saküm to observe her, to see her progress in search for answers. To do so he must separate himself from this plane of existance, and focus on the location he wishes to observe, unlike Shaküm where he must center all of his will to this plane.

"I already know this, why are you still going over it?"

He froze. Shifting from Saküm directly to Shaküm was probably much easier for him since he did it 1000 times a day to keep track of his soldiers. Kordan had heard a voice, he was as sure of it as he was confused about the mortal. But now, there is nobody in the room. "Who dares enter the private chambers of Kordan?" No answer. Not even a life form. About a minute later, sure it must have been some flashback, he relaxes. This was when the dam broke. He could hear so many voices, all speaking at once. Wait, not voices, VOICE. His voice to be exact. At least 80% of his life had been spent in that room, and he was hearing every word he spoke, wispered, and yelled. Through the bond, his generals notice something awry, and rush to his aid. "It was the girl! Guards kill her!"

At that, Kordan snapped his fingers, and all his army went silent. "Whoever kills her, will die last. I will kill all who attempted, and torture the one who succeded until I decide to feast on their flesh as they watch in pure agony. DO NOT KILL HER!!!" As though he had willed her to ring the bell, he knew her test was complete. "LEAVE me, NNOOOWW!!" Everyone was more than willing to comply. So he stumbled his way to where he had left her, not knowing how much time had passed since he assigned the task, and not really caring. Finally he made it to the third floor down, when the voices suddenly dispersed. Just as quickly as they started. All it took was to meet her gaze, and relief flooded over him. He knew now what some of the prophecy on pandora's box meant.

"When the world twists to your whim, a mortal bearing a more horrific curse will act as a mirrior, allowing the world to smoothen your wrinkled eyes."

Last edited:
It bothered her, that he was silent. Most would have ran from the room, calling her a freak of nature. Having had that happen in the past to her. Men, not wanting anything to do with her. First dates were harder on her then they were on most. Having slipped up and answered a voice of another man from a different time. That always got a lot of raised eyebrows from the guys. So, she gave up on ever finding anyone that would love her for her. She just stayed in her own little world. Which as time passed was very lonely. Her blue eyes looking down to her knotted fingers once again. Why was she wanting this man, a man that she didn't know to take her for who she was? Not to push her away but to welcome her with open arms. It was confusing to say the least. When he spoke she looked up to him. "I don't know what I'm to say to that. Because I never know what happens to them. But I do have to say, none have been like you. They have never given me the peace to my mind that you have." Her face a mask of confusion at his words. "Its only right that I offer to help you. Because of what you have done, with or without knowing it." Watching him as he gets up and walks to the door.

Fear of the voices that might come back, she gets up and walks over to him. Follow behind him as they went through the maze of hallways, she would never be able to find her way out of here even if she wanted to. Moving a little closer to him, not even knowing that she was doing that. She felt better being close to him. Stopping behind him as they reach the third story. It was pitch black down here, feeling now breeze, only coldness. Rubbing her arms as she tried to see something, anything. Her arms crossed across her chest, as he turns to face her with the lit torch. Thankful for some kind of heat, all be it very faint it was still something. Not knowing why he was telling her this. But she listened to what he had to say. Following him to the first room, peeking in from the side. Looking over at least every part of it as she could. Walking into the room, taking in more of what the room looked like. It was like a big find the different in the picture game. Standing in the middle of the room, hearing that he would kill her. Eyes going wide, forcing her face to be relaxed. He really wouldn't kill her would he? Turning to face him, a hint of a smile played at the corner of her mouth. "I will do my best." That was all that she could do in a time like this.

Feeling that he walked away, the moment that he left her. The voices came back to her, slow at first, then they were pounding in her head. Each a whisper that she could only hear. Sighing, maybe this would be the best way to get through this task. Seeing how people before her had done it, she might be able to listen to them. And pick out what she needed to know. This was the first that she was thankful the curse that she was given in her life. At first the voices where jumbled. It was hard for her to work out anything that they were saying. Whispering to herself, "Stop talking all at once." Not that the voices would ever listen to her. Walking out into the hall, moving to the next door, opening it she steps through. Walking to the middle of the room, turning all around she takes in the room. The voices still with her, taking a deep breath she closes her eyes. Taking in every voice in her head. Letting them tell her what is different or the same about the room. Spending as much time as she needed in the room. Walking out she walked down the hall, going to each and every room. Not even knowing how much time that she had spent down here. But as each moment passed, she knew that she was getting closer.

Stepping out into the hall, standing in the middle of the 50 rooms. Hoping to god that she made it in time. Feeling that someone was in the hall with her. But she couldn't see in front of her, maybe by a few feet. The rest of the hall was black, calling out down one side of the hall. "Kordan?" Waiting just a little bit longer, she turn to face the other way, "Kordan? Are you here?" She hadn't rung the bell, so why in the world would he even be here? Shaking her head she was going crazy that was for sure. Sighing, it was time to end this task. Walking down the end of the hallway, a long rope hung in front of her. Reaching up, her hand gripped around the rope, pulling as hard as she could. Calling for Kordan, to let him know that she was done with her task. Turning she walked back down the hall. No knowing which way that he would come, she stood by the first door. The one room that was different. Placing the torch back in its holder.

The voices were becoming a heavy burden to her once again. Reaching to her head, her fingers knotting in her hair. Wanting to scream out, just so she wouldn't have to hear them. Sliding down on the wall, her knees coming tenting. Laying her head on her knees, hoping and praying that Kordan wouldn't wait to long to get to her. Wanting the peace that she had around him. She didn't hear him walk down the stairs to her, no the voices stopped as soon as he stepped off the last step. Glancing up to him, her eyes filled with such relief, she could almost cry in this moment. Pushing herself up off the cold floor. She stands, her hands falling from her hair. Without even thinking, she walks right over to him. Laying her head on his chest. Sighing as her body relaxed, whispering softly, "Its the first room, Kordan." Closing her eyes she didn't even look up to him. She was enjoying the peace she wanted so much again. "I went to every one of the rooms, but its the first." Her hands knotting in his clothes. "If you wish for my death still. There is not much I can do to stop you from that. But I do hope you make a good choice." Her voice laced with the peace she felt. "I now know what it is like to be normal. To actually not hear the voices. For that I'm thankful to you, no matter how long it will last." Stepping back she, even though she didn't want to. She let go of his clothes, looking upon him. A sweet smile spread across her face. Waiting for what he will do next.

Knowledge, the biggest asset immortals obtain. That and experience. Those were also the two things Kordan lacked at the moment, which infuriated him. At least the voices were gone, so he could finally compose his thoughts. Or so he believed until she flung herself onto him, making his train of thought derail once more. 'Keep focused' Kordan thought to himself.

"It's the first room." She told him. That's right, I was testing her. He looks down at her and suddenly notices how fragile she looks, as though if he didn't protect her, she could die simply by falling off of the bed. She continued to talk to him, but he wasn't paying attention. He was too damned confused as to why he felt the need to protect such a weak creature. She steps back from him just enough to look up at his face.

Being immortal, you get to see much more than any lowly human could, therefore Kordan had believed that he knew beauty when he saw it. As it turns out he had only seen the ugly depths of hell. He compared everything he had ever seen with the pure essence standing before him, and couldn't think of anything that came close to the embodiment of beauty he now laid his eyes on. Even though there was only a single torch, her skin shone like a gold bar sitting at the top of a pile of coal. Her eyes were the most brilliant tourmaline, deeper than the universe itself, and more piercing than the brightest light in the thickest fog. No, they could pierce through time and space itself, enabling the capability of seeing the ultimate truth. Her hair was finer than the best silk, and looked softer than the lightest breeze on a beautiful spring day. Then there was the scent of her hair, sweeter than honey, and more intoxicating than the strongest alcohol, begging him to reach out and touch her hair, to hold her close and never let go, always to protect her.

Finally he had the urge to tell her everything. "I believe I understand a portion of what you go through, with the voices. A short time after I left you down here, I began to hear everything I had ever said in this house, all at once. But it was only my voice. If you really hear everything spoken, from every living thing, then I can only imagine the torment you go through. Once you completed the test, and I came back down here, I stopped hearing the voices. I don't know what's going on, but this is clearly something we are fated to do together. Seeing as how I am immortal, time does not bother me. But you will grow old, and die, leaving the possibility that I would be stuck with the entirety of your curse. Since you are more prone to death than simply growing old, we would need to perform a ritual making you immortal. This ritual would take at least a year to do, so we will need to find out as much as we can in the meantime. This path would allow us to play it safe, giving us the ability to avoid the voices. However, if you take this path, there is no turning back. If you wanted, we could attempt to control this curse, making it our blessing instead. This path gives you the option to eventually turn back, and you could have a normal life. It also has the possibility of merging with the first, if progress is not made in a timely manner. If you decide to take this path, we will both be forced to subject ourselves to the voices, until control is gained. Whichever path you choose, is entirely your choice to make."

Last edited:
Feeling him like a stone underneath her. It made her worry a little. But she he didn't seem like a kind of person that was soft and gentle. But there was something underneath all that stone, that was Kordan. Something she felt drawn to, that made her believe that there was a softer person hidden deep within himself. She had to admit to herself, that she wanted to see the softer side of him. The one that no one would ever see. Maybe she could being that out of him. Even if no one else saw that about him. But only time would tell, but she didn't know how much time that she did have left. He may or may not kill her. But she would learn about that soon enough, at least she hoped so anyways.

Her stark blue eyes flicked up to his eyes. He study her, not that she minded. But she didn't know what was going on in his mind. Was he trying to make up his mind weather or not to kill her? But she didn't feel like he was there to harm her in anyway. Wanting to ask him what he was thinking. Taking this time to study him. He was unlike anyone that she had ever seen. He could scare the crap out of anyone with just a look. The depths of his gaze, one that she could get lost in. He towered over her, which made her feel safe even though he was and what he could. Most wouldn't even give him a second look. She on the other hand, would have given him just that. She would want to get to know him. To learn of the wonders that he has seen in his life time. She didn't even know how long he has been alive. Was he made? Or born into what he was? She wanted to learn all about him. If he would give her a chance to know him. She hoped that he would. For someone to have live so long, it had to be so lonely. To not have someone to stand by your side. To have long talks with. Hell to even laugh someone. Did he know what it was like to laugh? He didn't look like the type of person to actually find anything funny. That lead her mind to what he did sound like when he laughed. Her mind swirling with thoughts of the man before her.

His words pulled her from her thoughts. Standing there she listened to him. Taking in all he had to say. She was stunned by his words, her eyes going wide. No one had ever known what it was like to hear voices like her. But it was interesting that he could only hear his own voice. Though she knew what he went through in hearing everything that he had ever said in his home. To have someone finally understand what hell that she had lived in all of her life. Thinking that she would always be in this dark and lonely world for the rest of her life. Also it seemed that they each had the same affect on one another. The voices went away when close to one another.

She was speechless at his offer. He would give that to her. Her mind racing in every direction that it could in this moment. Was it just for her to learn to control her curse? Or was he seeking to turn her like him so he wouldn't be alone? These were the questions that popped out in her mind to all the others. Taking a deep breath, "I can't even express what your words have meant to me. To know that you know what my curse is like." It almost made her want to cry. But she pushed back the need. She wouldn't break down in front of him. "I don't understand why you could hear your voice. But it means a lot to me to know that I'm not the only one." Trying to figure out what way she wanted to go. Looking to his deep eyes, "Do I have to tell you that now? Or would you let me have sometime to think on a answer for you?" She hoped that he would let her. Because this wasn't something that you jumped right on it to. It was to be thought out as best she was able to do.

"I will give you forty-eight hours to mull it over, and if you still cannot decide, I will."

There is always a method to his madness. If there is a chance that she likes him, even in the slightest, she will be more likely to choose the immortality option. There are always exceptions, for example, if she knows anything about him, then she knows he commands an army, and being tactical is his number one priority. She could allow him to work on deciphering the magical code by asking to attempt control over this curse, then eventually ask for immortality. Whatever the case, it would be an all new hell if she decided to control the curse, then remain a mortal, and even worse if she just up and ended her life. Whatever it is about her, seems to be more potent than his curiosity for whatever was inside the box of sins. Now that says a lot. He started to think about something else, when his left ear started to ring. This has only ever happened once, when Vorick, his second-in-command was spell-drunk and nearly killed him. It was discovered that he has 'The Devil's Head' meaning he has the wits of an evil mastermind, and is magically warned when his life-force is in danger. He named the warning note the 'demonic note.' It was then the alarm sounded, and as per usual, Vorick bursts through the door. "Would you like to join the hunt? It appears to be another group of hunters. Unless, of course, you trust me as you once did to execute all who deserve death."

"Send the most competent legion, and stay behind. The demonic note calls. As far as we know, our existence is in peril, and I have a peculiar situation of my own to deal with. Instruct them to call for backup if a single thing appears out of the ordinary, and instruct Rage to aid all others in preparation for war at once. Once you have done that, return to me. We may need to initiate Skormana." Rage was great at strategic warfare and organizing troops, if everyone listens to him. His one quirk, if you even ask him any question other than to repeat himself, because you didn't hear him (and that only works once) he will kill you, revive you, torture you, then kill you again. At this point everyone knows not to question him, which you need in an emergency. He never had a name, and Vorick decided to call him Rage. He was immediately grateful, knowing the name was perfect for him, and now Rage only listens to Vorick.

Kordan turns back to Eva. "Plans have changed, and I need your decision immediately. Normally I wouldn't care which you go for, however I urge you to choose immortality. I will respect your choice either way though, and Skormana requires full willingness for it to work." He was going to ask if she has seen death, then remembers how she was unfazed, almost mesmerized, by the carnage he unleashed in the woods only a day ago. "Please, you have about one minute to choose, then you will need all of your being to be in agreement with your choice."

Turning back to Vorick "WHY IN THE GODDAMNED HELL ARE YOU STILL HERE, STARING AT US?!?! GO!!!!"

Back