Travelling Swords

Lazzamore

WAAAAAAAAAA-
Hello STC! After the failure of Ages Eternal, I decided to start a new, less ambitious RP based in the universe of the novels I write, learning from where I failed in my previous attempts. The Universe is High-fantasy with early-to-middle-medieval technology and culture. The RP focuses on us all being Travelling Mercenaries, going town to town selling our services, fighting monsters and harassing our client's rival lords.

I'm looking for around five players, but no more then ten-ish. The idea is really no more complicated then the above, no fancy systems or gimmicks, save for one; that we will focus on one area at a time as the Mercenary company moves through them, we will keep to one thread by not having anything really happen in towns that the company is not in, so we don't need separate threads for each area.

New players will join the group from the current town, and we will move on to new towns (And subsequently, jobs) every week or two.

The Story:
The Travelling Swords are a troop of warriors for hire, that wander about the world, ridding the good people of beasts and bandits, for the right price. They are a premiere guild, made for the noble, the artists among warriors. Those who view defending society as more then mere violence, but as a way of life. It aims to give those heroes warm food and warm beds, as well as protect yours.

The Earthenrun is full of monsters, both humanoid and otherwise. This world contains vicious beasts, killers and lords of all forms. Magic is not unheard of, but not common or an easy thing to do: It is mostly the work of reclusive wizards, demi-gods and creatures from the legends of old.

You have, for whatever reason, found yourself in the city of Tria, city of the Great Delta, where the Porsance River splits into the Muzzan and Kavalian rivers. East of the larger city of Kaval, and south of the much larger city of Munchiny (where Olginnia's great King Reulle resides), Tria will be remembered in history as the birth place of many scoundrels and not much else. Perhaps you are one of these scoundrels, or a unsung hero looking to change your city's reputation, or a traveler here only to join up with the mighty Travelling Swords. No matter what, they are here, and so are you - What will you do now?

Races:
Humans - the most common creature in Olginnia - and much of the Earthenrun - They are industrious and ambitious creatures. Reproducing quickly and living an average lifespan, they are at their worst Greedy and Hateful and at there best masters of Art and Industry.

Orcs - It is said that Orcs were created by a vengeful god out of the souls of fallen warriors. It is further said that they were made for other reason then to contend with other creatures of the world. No matter the truth, Orcs are stubborn and quick to anger, possessing great strength and will. They live south of Olginnia, in the mountainous region of Cardania, and the sub-continent of Moroqine.

Talarans - Talarans are semi-aquatic red humanoids with bulging eyes, bared teeth and a surprisingly peaceful disposition. They are neither numerous or ambitious, and the greatest gatherings of them can be found in big lakes and wide rivers.

EDIT: More races:

Low Elves/Half-elves - Long ago, when mankind was young, a race of benevolent divine beings called the Aradai came to the heavens (Known now as the 'Ethes') around the world and blessed a chosen few with some of their ichor running through the humans veins. This gave them long life and beautiful children with odd features: Pointy ears, pale skin, and iridescent black pupils and hair. These were the first elves.

Occasionally, the Aradai will return to the world and Elves with no other blood in their heritage but elven ichor will be chosen to ascend to the rank of a High Elf, a powerful magical Demi-god. This hasn't happened for decades, but still most all Elves are only found hidden in tiny woodland colonies, where they zealously protect their bloodline from outside corruption. Those with 'impure' blood, the Half Elves, are always banished from these places along with their whole family, if not they meet an even worse fate.

Liskus - Strange and mysterious, few really know from where the Liskus originate. What is known is this: They represent a sort of creature called an Olisk, and act as their ambassadors. Liskus currently live in a marsh known as the Corna, for the Life there has been corrupted by a strange, alien power by the same name. Now the marsh is the staging point for the Olisk of the world; dangerous, vicious beasts that are worth fifty men in raw power.

Liskus appear as though they have spines or tentacles for arms and legs (Though still humanoid), one terrifying ‘eye’, a mouth for speaking and two proboscises for eating.

More to come on races, those are just the ones to come to mind first. Thank you for reading, I hope you take the time to leave a response!

Last edited:
This sounds like exactly my speed, coming from Pathfinder. Heck, I could probably mildly re purpose my previous character a bit to fit this. Fair warning though, I'm fairly new to text-rping, so I'll be learning as we go, but if you're fine with that I'd love if you'd have me!

Absolutely, Black Kett! How exciting, now let's see if we can't get four more.

On a side note; I actually recently made this universe into a pathfinder setting for a campaign i'm gonna run with some friends of mine, so I think you made the right choice on RP's. And i'm only partly saying that because I need players for my RP.

I'd love to join this. Looks like something I would really enjoy and looks very interesting. ;)

P.S- Race suggestion elf. Just one that came to mind.

Hm... I have had a few idea's for Elves. I'd just like to avoid implementing ALL the standard fantasy races, if you know what I mean. If you want to play one though, give me some time to come up with what their 'thing' would be to make them more unique, and i'll get back to you!

@MidnightStar : I got it! I know how Elves will be unique in this world, so I'll update the race list with them and a few others!

@Solstice : Great to have you! A part of me thinks we shouldn't get too big here, and people can always join up later, so I think we can start pretty soon here after one more player. Thanks guys!

I'd be quite interested in this ^^. If you're not going to make any more races, I'd probably have my character be a human because I'm boring :)

@romamaro : Awesome! I write stories in this universe, (Or a parallel of it, anyways, depending on how you guys play :p) so there are many other races I have yet to list because they are found rather far away. What sort of race were you hoping for? I might have thought of it but wasn't planning to list it because of regions.

Ahah, I dunno. Maybe some sort of tree people, or just a race of people that are super in tune with nature. I'd be totally up for that.

@romamaro : Okay, I gave it some thought, I can't think of anything that fits that description, really. Maybe you could be in a religion that worships nature, though? That'd be pretty cool.

@Yoda : Alright!! That make five of us. and four in the last two days. I'll do my best to get the OOC page up tonight!

It sure is, Risha! Your welcome to join. Having you makes six, so after I get the OOC page up and everyones ready, we will start the roleplay.

Room for one more? And if so, what classes (Wizard, knight, whatever) Hasn't been used yet? I'd rather play a role that isn't taking away anybody's particular spotlight.

Back