Status
Not open for further replies.
"That's really unreasonable you know, but...I can't help finding this 'bad choice' intriguing."

Sakuya gave a warm smile, blushing slightly in response to his kiss. Shiki Tohno really was a gentle man. Perhaps it was because, in contrast to the immortal vampires she served, he understood the fragility of the world. It was a refreshing feeling really, being treated like this. Even though he always seemed so bashful whenever he spoke, at the end his actions became pretty bold and straightforward. It was unexpectedly bold even, but that made it all the more romantic.

"Let's make a bad choice together then Shiki. Who knows, it might be a good one in the end. After all, even with my control over time, I can't see into the future."

There wasn't any way to know how it would work out. She had sworn loyalty to her mistress and Shiki certainly had things to take care of in his own world. It was inevitable that they'd soon enough find themselves busy with the lives they already led in their own worlds.

Yet even so, manipulation of time or not, the maid would wait. Whenever Shiki finished his business in his world. Whenever Sakuya could find a break in taking care of the mansion and its residents. The maid would wait to feel the sensation of his kiss again.

@Ver

"Yes, perhaps you're right, Sakuya. I couldn't imagine anything going wrong in the long term when it's with you," Shiki said warmly, looking earnestly into her eyes. "The moon really is quite beautiful tonight... but it pales in comparison to you."

People often liked to romanticize the act of failing, to err, to be human, and Shiki figured he had gone through the lowest of tribulations. Rarely did it ever occur to him to think of such bad decisions as something romantic, but Sakuya's beauty was such that he reconsidered. Perhaps it was because, even if he had regrets in his life, he was confident, at least here and now, that he would never look at this decision with regrets, even if it was something "bad."

"You know, I wouldn't mind being frozen in this moment in time forever, just with you, even if it were by your own hands. I... It's been a while since I could really say I was anything close to happy, but I think with you, I could really find something like that," he spoke gently, leaning in again, this time simply to rest his head, touching his forehead to Sakuya's.

"But let's just enjoy this moment as it is, just us."

Even if Shiki Tohno were to continue facing trials and tribulations in his life, he wouldn't mind. Even if every troublesome factor were to make things difficult for the two of them, if he could simply remember her face, her grace, and the serene moment that he was in now, he wouldn't mind. Eventually, he'll have to return home with Len while Sakuya remains behind. He'll have to consider the possibility that it could be quite a while until they manage to see each other again. He'll have to consider a lot of things, really.

But for now, it was just enough to live here, in this moment, and appreciate it, so long as he was with her.

Fin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back