Etoliea Uneam - New Beginnings

Hearing a small splash, Reloros turned his head towards where he thought it came from, only to see the serpent from before laying (presumably sunbathing) on a rock. Letting a soft chuckle slip, he added jokingly: "maybe that's your eavesdropper?"

"No." Odam says as he touches his hilt. He knows that most people do not understand. They live lives open and free. “I spotted that form five minutes ago and deemed it friendly.”
Odam looks at the lake, at the children playing, and the pure pleasure of enjoyment. These people are soft. They are prey. What they needed was a Protector.
“I made an offer to you.” He looks at Reloros. “This place may need me more.”
Odam finds a slope that offers a great view of all entrances to the lake and walks off towards it.

Taken aback by Odam's declaration, Reloros could do nothing but step aside in silence as he walked by, watching him go. After a moment, he turned his attention back to the serpent, now curious to see how it behaved, since his sketch was complete.

Last edited:
Seeing that the conversation between the two had finished and wasn't going anywhere, Malini stood herself up on the rock and looked around for anything interesting to entertain her. Seeing that one of the people who she had been listening to was looking at her, she cocked her head and looked at him curiously. Why was he staring at her?

Well, it sees him now. Trying not to look predatory, Reloros sat down before it, now observing it a little closer. It didn't seem threatened at all by his presence, which was good. Moving to record that in his notes, he paused mid-sentence, coming to a sudden conclusion. What if it really was listening? There are a lot of non-bipedal creatures in this world that are sentient. Still, there was no way of telling with what he already knew alone (which was next to nothing), so he took a gamble.

"...Hi?"

Malini grinned, though it looked awkward on her features. Going off into the water to move closer, she looked at the person who spoke to her. She said in a slightly high voice "Heya! What're you doing here?", trying to be as pleasant as possible.

It's talking. It's talking and coming towards him. For a moment, he stared at the serpent, wide-eyed, stunned. With a slightly shaking hand, he wrote "sentient" under the sketch. Then, a huge grin took over Reloros' features, and unable to contain his excitement, he leaned forwards and spoke almost too quickly to comprehend: "What's your name do you have a name what's your species called what's your life cycle like how old do members of your species live?" Spouting question after question to the creature.

Taken back by the man's sudden excitement Malini shied away a bit. There were so many questions coming at her and she was ill prepared. "Uh, I'm Malini. What's your name?" she asked hesitantly "And I'm a Selvi." she added. Those were the only questions she heard, and she was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Snapping back to reality when he heard the reply, he blushed a little upon realizing he'd gone off on a spree of questions. He'd probably startled it. "Uh... sorry." Writing down the name of the species, he continued: "My name is Reloros." He gave the Selvi, Malini, if he heard right, a small smile.

"That's a nice name!" she perked up a bit. He looked embarrassed and she didn't want to upset him. "As to your other questions, I could make head or tail of them. Where are you from? I haven't seen you around here at all." Malini added, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Where am I from?" His smile dropped as he thought of his home. His home settlement was a small one, near the peak of one of the shorter mountains in Ferra. His community was nice enough, but life there was so incredibly dull. Nothing ever changed, and they were so isolated that even far-traders seldom arrived. That's why he left. he needed something new, more to see and new people and creatures to meet. He sighed. He did occasionally miss his parents and his old friends, and he severed the telepathic link between him and his father years ago. "...Have you heard of Ferra?" he asked with a somber expression.

The Selvi nodded, but she felt as if the man felt saddened by the subject. Wanting to lighten the subject she decided to try to entertain him a bit. "Can you swim?", she asked eager to please.

"No, unfortunately." He'd never had the chance to learn, since water came in the form of ice and snow where he'd lived most of his life. "Why?" He asked, curious about the change of subject.

"Well, I wanted to show you something." She replied, trying to think of a way to still get him to the place she was thinking of. Looking at him she thought about his size and about hers. He could fit on her back, right? "Hey, uh, do you still wanna see it?" She asked tentatively, unsure about the mans response.

"What is it you want to show me?" Malini had peaked his interest, but he was still a little skeptical. Why should he trust a creature he had just met? He looked at the Selvi a bit closer, trying to determine its intentions.

"Well, didn't you want to learn about our life cycle? There's a really important part of it happening to one of my friends, and I'd like to show you!" The Selvi said excitedly. "It's okay if you don't want to." She added, not wanting to pressure the man.

Vogor flew down from the great snowy mountains of his home in Ferra. The warmth down below near the trees comforted the Firiost. As much as he loves the cold of his home, the gentle touch of warmth will always feel sensational. The further he flew, the massive Crystal lake of Uneam comes into view. His community back in Ferra was still busy with some political matters as well as food problems. They were discussing things with the Igni leaders. Scum.

Instead of seeing those monsters, Vogor decided to fly down to Uneam for a drink from the lake and a nice relaxing rest. He slows himself down the closer he got to the lake until eventually landing in the trees close to the shore. As he walks past the tree line, his massive footsteps shake the ground though he is trying his best to make soft steps. Vogor in his dragon form towers over most of the other creatures around him. He sets himself down right next to the lake before stretching his long neck down and scooping up water into his mouth. As the water runs down his throat, Vogor closes his eyes and savors the refreshing taste, a gust of air can be seen escaping his mouth. He takes another scoop into his mouth and takes a few steps back before resting his head on the sand and taking a nap.

Last edited:
Reloros opened his mouth to respond, but was cut off by a soft rumble in the ground. Looking around, he spots a blue dragon proceeding to drink from the lake. Being born in Ferra himself, he knew exactly what this creature was, despite its rarity comparative to that of the Galorai and other species.

"Firiost..." He said under his breath. Galorai held little regard for the Firiost Sharokhta, and the same went for them about Galorai, from what he could gather. Troubled by the sight of his neighboring species, he quickly turned back to the Selvi, unable to hide his concern. "Stay out of sight." Turning back to the Firiost, he made out its form through the trees, in a sandy clearing. Cautiously, he walked towards the dragon, leaving the Selvi to decide what to do for itself.

Aera stared at the crystalline lake, the strawberry blonde staying among the trees. She lived most of her life in solitary, everything so repetitive it almost seemed like a chore. The shifter caught sight of a blue dragon - the creature reminded her of ice - as he settled down near the strawberry blonde. He didn't notice her as he continued forward, drinking out of the shimmery blue lake.

Aera had seen many creatures before, as she never had one true home. She went to all the lands she could, and she had seen these majestic ice dragons in past experiences. The dragon before her was a form of a shifter. She had seen them shift before, when she was walking by unnoticed.

Looking sad, Malini swam off. She wondered what the big deal was. Sighing, she resigned herself back to the black sunbathing rock she was used to. All of a sudden, there were lots of little fish swimming around franticly near her. Looking to see if one among them could talk, she asked, "Whats the commotion?". A small fish with Lacey fines responded, excalaiming "T-There's a dragon! Have you not seen it yet?!" Wondering what a dragon was, she searched for it. Her gaze landed upon a large serpent with wings, claws, and four strong looking legs. It seemed to be sleeping, so she paid it no mind.

Back