Etoliea Uneam - New Beginnings

Malini gasped and wriggled out, finally free. She noticed that there was now a chill in the water, but that wasn't very important. She swam up, and not only found her savior, but the source of the cold. "Relore! That's your name, right?" She tilted her head, not remembering. "Oh, anyway, thanks for the rescue! And is that magic? I've never seen ice magic before!" Malini clapped her tendrils, exited and relieved. (So sorry I kinda died there ;-; )

A sigh of relief escaped Reloros as Malini addressed him, seeing she was unharmed.

"It's Reloros, and yes, that was ice magic." He said, smiling warmly at the Selvi. "When you live in a land of year-round snow, you tend to learn how to work with it." He chuckled. His smile quickly faded, however, as he recalled the conversation he was having. Reloros turned back to the Sharokhta.

"So, Vogor..." he started, attempting to drop the previous subject, "I don't really know much about you, but you seem like a powerful ally to have." Reloros produced a journal from his satchel as he spoke. "Read this. Something tells me the 'WhimsyLux' it speaks of is more than just fiction."

Vogor looks at the book in the hands of the Galorai, intrigued by it. "Could you please hold the book up for me please? Open, of course. I can't really do that right now, I'm too big to even hold it properly," Vogor had no idea what this WhimsyLux that Reloros is speaking of, but he says that Vogor would be a powerful ally. So this must have something to do with some sort of crazy thing that's not exactly safe. But he would like to know for himself what this might be.

"Oh. Right..." Reloros opened the journal and held it up for Vogor to read, turning the pages when necessary. As he did so, he looked over at Malini.

"You can read it too, if you'd like, Malini," He said to her.

Malini leaned in, looking curiously at the book. She could read, but not very well. However, just as she started to glimpse the words, she was pushed back by someone.

Naieamar looked down at Malini, and smiled. She knew the Selvis well, and they were one of her favorite creatures. Which was why she kept Malini away from the book. She looked back at it, her eyes moving over from the Dragon to the man holding the book. She spoke up, her silky voice sounding like flowing water. "I'm quite suprised you aquired such a book. They are guarded heavily." She pushed Malini further away, which she didn't like.

Malini huffed and swam over to a nearby rock, which Nai didn't seem to mind. She liked the Guardaian, but she seemed overprotective, especially of the Selvis. But for now she was content to watch her converse with Reloros from afar, not wanting to upset Naieamar.

Last edited:
"Okay, I think it'll be a better idea for you to just read it to me since the words are way to small for me to read," Vogor said to the Galorai in front of him. It's been some time since Vogor has been on an adventure, and this one seemed exciting to him.

"That's going to have to wait, Vogor." Reloros closed the book, eyeing this new creature suspiciously. He scanned the area for Malini, for she had disappeared somewhere, finally seeing her watching from a distance. He paid little heed to this, however, as the fluid-like entity before him had captured his attention. He knew it was sentient, for it had spoken to him. What made him suspicious was its apparent knowledge of the journal's contents. "And you are...?" He asked, slightly on edge.

Naieamar looked at the Ferran, standing tall. "I am Naieamar, Guardaian if Uneam. You are from Ferra, and possess a book containing information that I would rather you not share with Malini, or any of the Selvis." Her cold gaze softened, though, and she regarded the man with a small smile "You also saved Malini from harm. She was being eatan by a Claiaty. I thank you for that. What is your name?"

Initially surprised by Naieamar's claimed identity, Reloros took a tentative step back. After a moment, his gaze hardened. "You call yourself a guardian," he stated, his tone laced with skepticism, "so prove to me you truly are." He paused, then remembered something. "And if you really are a guardian, why did you not interfere when Malini was being eaten?!" His voice rose to a yell as he said this.

"At that moment, Malini was in little danger. I was overseeing a new Selvi who had just cycled. They are extremely vulnerable and there was only one other Selvi present. Not to mention that if she showed signs of true danger I would have intervened through the water, but you helped before that became nescecary, and I thank you." Naieamar looked at the Ferran and sighed. "If I must display my powers to prove my identity, I will." The lake suddenly was parted, and the waters rose up. Creatures stayed put in the water and could cross by suspended water streams. After a few seconds the waters gently went back down to its normal state. "Now," She said "Hopefully that will suffice. I do not wish to waste time on such frivolous things. That book is a great concern. Where did you get it?" She looked the man in the eyes with a stern look.

"Y-yeah, that'll do..." Reloros had watched the display of power in awe. He regained his composure as he was asked where he got the book. He met the guardian's eyes seriously. "In truth, I don't know exactly where it came from." He looked down at the book in question. "As for where I got it... let's just say a little doggy gave it to me." He looked back to Naieamar. "I won't give names, not yet at least." He paused for a second, thinking. "Just what do you know about this thing, anyway?"

"I know that the information contained in it is something heavily guarded and that you have obtained it means that someone with great power and great importance has deemed you worthy of it or that you stole it. However, I will assume the former since I have evaluated your character to be one of high caliber." She looked him in the eye "You still have not told me your name."

Reloros nodded slowly as Naieamar explained. He froze when she mentioned his name, embarrassed he had forgotten to tell her. "Oh, my name is Reloros, sorry..." he said, rubbing the back of his neck. Returning to seriousness after a brief silence, he met the guardian's gaze in kind. "So. You know of the book, but what of its contents? I need answers before I can do anything."

"It tells of Whimsylux, and other worlds beyond our own." Her eyes narrowed "And of the darkness. Do you have any questions? You must know this is a huge burden to bear, and I would not share it with others lightly." She turned her gaze to the dragon.

Last edited:
Reloros followed Naieamar's eyes over to Vogor, examining the dragon once more. Then, he returned his attention to the guardian.

"And what would you have me do? Venture in alone?" Reloros crossed his arms. "I admit, I don't know Vogor very well, but I'm willing to give him a chance if he's interested." Reloros looked back over to the dragon in question. "Besides, what better ally to have than a dragon?"

"Where will you venture? If you wish to see this forbidden land, you would be foolish to try." Nai scowled a bit "I have nothing against the dragon, but just so you know, there are a few who would love nothing more than to let the world fall to darkness."

"I'm aware that such people exist," was Reloros' cold reply. He was beginning to get aggravated by this guardian's approach to the WhimsyLux situation. "And also of the danger travelling to such a place brings, but what else would you have me do?" His voice took on an increasingly hostile tone as he continued. "Sit idly by with this 'darkness' at our doorstep, waiting for it to engulf us like it did WhimsyLux?!" Against his better judgement, he returned Naieamar's scowl. "You would leave your realm, and the creatures you dedicate your life to protect, to die." His voice rose once again. "And they wouldn't even know what was happening, because you hide the truth from them!" He was sure that nearby creatures could hear him, but at the moment he had lost his sense of reason.

"The darkness spreads like a disease. You would only be contaminating yourself. As for sitting idle, try finding people of great power and charecter. But please do not involve the Selvis." She looked at Malini as her gaze softened "They are weak, and they are... Not prepared." She closed her eyes "One of the Selvis who found out, stayed past their hundredth year cycle." She looked back at Reloros "They felt that by preserving themselves in that state would make them a back up invade if an emergency. You could not possibly understand why..."

"You contradict yourself, guardian," a chill swept the area around Reloros as he spoke. It was hard keeping his magic in check while he was angry. "You say it would be a fruitless effort, yet you want me to find allies." His gaze was colder than the peaks of Ferra could ever be. "And yes, I may not be able to understand, neither the darkness nor the Selvis, but you still avoid my question." At that moment, his eyes could bring a full-grown dragon to its knees in fear. "I couldn't care less if you kill me here, as I know I disrespect you, but I'd rather die by your hand than leave myself to fall victim to a plague."

Naieamar furrowed her expression. "You are confused. The Darkness has tainted the land and will taint everything it touches.We must prevent it from spreading, not trying to do a suicide mission by going into the heart of the disease." She sighs. "I know you may think that we could destroy it, but do not underestimate it. It is a greedy thing, devouring everything until the creatures and land are corrupted beyond recognition. Kind and knowledgable people turn to bloodthirsty beasts with no mind and no thoughts except to kill." She turns to Reloros "So please, use your head before you lose it."

Back