Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Van Leugen

“Psh, yeah.” Like an annoying friend, she reached forward with her hardlight manifestation--just showing off her new manifestation--bypassed his manual exploration of the library and selected ‘The Man Comes Around’. She did not start playing it immediately, but she paused to address the gravity of his previous statement. Her face flickered unsettlingly quick from amusement to seriousness. Perhaps the abrupt change was due to the fact that she had not yet figured how to make the smooth transitions, having spent too long not inhabiting a body to even consider the small nuances that might make her projected image more natural and comforting for people to be around.

“I know you have only known me for...a little while… But I understand.” She gestured vaguely at herself, her form flickering as she tried to look down at herself, only to suffer a moment of dissonance--she was seeing herself through the device and through the cameras. She blinked and made her eyes comically big and murmured. “Whoa. Yeah. So. Anyway…” She seemed to get a hold of herself and look up with a crooked grin. “Just ‘cause I was a kid...doesn’t mean that I am going to be an idiot with this. I know what’s at stake. You command, I follow. It’s a good deal.”

Written by Ro and Eli

“There are ways,” Paragon said quietly, “I could find a way. And if I can do it…”

He shook his head, a grumble rising from his theist as she booped his nose. “Mmrg. Alright, fine. We’re about to hit the city.” He settled into the cockpit, flipping two switches above his head.

“‘Man Comes Around’. Acceptable. I would have personally chosen ‘God’s Gonna Cut You Down’.” He nodded. “Blast it.”

Orphic’s hardlight finger flicked, and she cranked up the speakers throughout the ship to blare ‘God’s Gonna Cut You Down.’

Back