Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive.

Seeing the vast number of clones was enough to satisfy the Damphir. Heckapoo would be just fine, which meant all he had to do was worry about the regenerating bounty hunter with a chainsaw. Oh, and the two Golems that swallowed magic like candy.

Admittedly, that was a somewhat large worry. So what did he know? As the background noise of fire and screams filled the air as a counterpart to the chainsaw roar, Lucifer considered his options.

Practical: I have fifty throwing knives, Saint Guillotine, a point fifty-caliber revolver and blessed ammo. My Atlas turrets are dry, but rigged with my dead man's switch.

He dropped to the floor to avoid a move that would have left him a head shorter from Rasticore, rolling immediately to the side as a Golems foot smashed his prior spot.

The Golems are impossible to conventionally kill with any Magecraft I have. Both are controlled by that gem eye. My target regenerates from fatal blows. Conventionally impossible to kill. Solution.

In his hand, a new throwing knife was flicked into his grip, held reverse style for stabbing and holds. Running for the golems, he ducked beneath their blows, charging directly for Rasticore and his chainsaw. He had to time this right, a moments hesitation meaning the difference between a little pain or a lot in his future.

The chainsaw came down.

Lucifer shifted into a swarm of bats, the chainsaw cutting into them in its way down. By then, Lucifer was already reforming from behind. He spun and with it, came the dagger for Rasticore's medulla oblongata. The official name for which snipers were trained to hit, at a point where spine connected to the head. He drove it in deep, till the dagger was up to its handle as Rasticore dropped. In turn, the Golems did as well.

Coughing up blood, Lucifer thumped his chest and knelt to rip the eye out. So much for that.

He looked up at their surroundings.

latest

Within the span of a minute, the entire army of undead was quickly dealt with thanks to several stabs, fireballs, punches, and kicks. Now it was Lucifer's turn with the Golems and Rasticore.

@Blacksmith

The place was on fire. Considering what they were making, this was a very bad thing. The smoke was abnormal and almost hungry in its movements. The fire producing it was green and leaving Rasticore twitching, Lucifer tapped the turrets and returned them to a more portable option.

He then moved to check the remaining shipments, taking out a camera to snap the cargo within.

What would Heckapoo do?

@Raptor Jesus

Impressive.

Seeing the vast number of clones was enough to satisfy the Damphir. Heckapoo would be just fine, which meant all he had to do was worry about the regenerating bounty hunter with a chainsaw. Oh, and the two Golems that swallowed magic like candy.

Admittedly, that was a somewhat large worry. So what did he know? As the background noise of fire and screams filled the air as a counterpart to the chainsaw roar, Lucifer considered his options.

Practical: I have fifty throwing knives, Saint Guillotine, a point fifty-caliber revolver and blessed ammo. My Atlas turrets are dry, but rigged with my dead man's switch.

He dropped to the floor to avoid a move that would have left him a head shorter from Rasticore, rolling immediately to the side as a Golems foot smashed his prior spot.

The Golems are impossible to conventionally kill with any Magecraft I have. Both are controlled by that gem eye. My target regenerates from fatal blows. Conventionally impossible to kill. Solution.

In his hand, a new throwing knife was flicked into his grip, held reverse style for stabbing and holds. Running for the golems, he ducked beneath their blows, charging directly for Rasticore and his chainsaw. He had to time this right, a moments hesitation meaning the difference between a little pain or a lot in his future.

The chainsaw came down.

Lucifer shifted into a swarm of bats, the chainsaw cutting into them in its way down. By then, Lucifer was already reforming from behind. He spun and with it, came the dagger for Rasticore's medulla oblongata. The official name for which snipers were trained to hit, at a point where spine connected to the head. He drove it in deep, till the dagger was up to its handle as Rasticore dropped. In turn, the Golems did as well.

Coughing up blood, Lucifer thumped his chest and knelt to rip the eye out. So much for that.

He looked up at their surroundings.

The place was on fire. Considering what they were making, this was a very bad thing. The smoke was abnormal and almost hungry in its movements. The fire producing it was green and leaving Rasticore twitching, Lucifer tapped the turrets and returned them to a more portable option.

He then moved to check the remaining shipments, taking out a camera to snap the cargo within.

What would Heckapoo do?

@Raptor Jesus
With the entire building now burning, and probably on the verge of collapsing if she didn't act fast enough, Hekapoo had to act fast. She couldn't allow Rasticore to die, however, since he had vital info.

So after letting out a groan of annoyance, Hekapoo ran over to the Septarian bounty hunter with a few of her clones and lifted him up with both hands. Despite his weight, Hekapoo and her clones managed to carry him with relative ease, trying to escape the building as fast as possible with Rasticore in tow.

@Blacksmith

He had never been more happier than he was now. Free from that oppressive underground, the relatively fresh air giving him a heartfelt sense of relief. Smoke was billowing from the manholes and storm drains now, making a wonderful distraction as Lucifer and what could be quadruplets took a Septarian with a blade rendering him brain dead away.

In retrospect, it was not the weirdest day he ever had.

But a few Runic, disposable 'chaff bombs' and a few transport trickery methods, he finally allowed himself to relax. Sabbat had a nasty habit of mystic tracking and Lucifer had learned to find ways to work around it. Add in his own M.E.U. experience and general duties before and it was a rare figure, who could find him when he wished to be invisible. For now, it would serve them in good stead.

He had destroyed all evidence in the warehouse that might trace back to his resources. The dead and the piles of mud the Golems would have collapsed into, the M.E.U. were welcome to. For now, their priority was this figure and he stared at the body in thought.

They were in a hab block scheduled for demolition workers. As a result, no one would come here. Not for the next week at least and Lucifer moved his hand to the dagger, wrenching it out for Heckapoo as he looked at her and spoke.

"He's all yours. Seeing how he's one of yours."

@Raptor Jesus

He had never been more happier than he was now. Free from that oppressive underground, the relatively fresh air giving him a heartfelt sense of relief. Smoke was billowing from the manholes and storm drains now, making a wonderful distraction as Lucifer and what could be quadruplets took a Septarian with a blade rendering him brain dead away.

In retrospect, it was not the weirdest day he ever had.

But a few Runic, disposable 'chaff bombs' and a few transport trickery methods, he finally allowed himself to relax. Sabbat had a nasty habit of mystic tracking and Lucifer had learned to find ways to work around it. Add in his own M.E.U. experience and general duties before and it was a rare figure, who could find him when he wished to be invisible. For now, it would serve them in good stead.

He had destroyed all evidence in the warehouse that might trace back to his resources. The dead and the piles of mud the Golems would have collapsed into, the M.E.U. were welcome to. For now, their priority was this figure and he stared at the body in thought.

They were in a hab block scheduled for demolition workers. As a result, no one would come here. Not for the next week at least and Lucifer moved his hand to the dagger, wrenching it out for Heckapoo as he looked at her and spoke.

"He's all yours. Seeing how he's one of yours."

@Raptor Jesus

Hekapoo only responded with a nod, the two other clones dropping Rasticore onto the ground before disappearing. Hopefully, with the lizard weakened from the previous battle, he wouldn't put up much of a fight. Not that Hekapoo was worried about losing or anything, of course. She just didn't want a battle with a giant lizard with a metal arm to attract any... unwanted attention, so to speak.

Slowly approaching the unconscious Septarian, each step Hekapoo took caused a small flicker of flame to surround whatever foot had made contact with the ground before dispersing just as quickly as it came to life. Rasticore, however, was met with her right heel on his chest, just below his windpipe.

"Wake up." She said sternly. Assuming he did so, Hekapoo would continue before Rasticore had the opportunity to say much, if anything at all. "Tell me what the drugs are for, Rasticore. And what someone like you wants with them." Hekapoo commanded in a tone that was stern, yet calm.

@Blacksmith

"Wake up." She said sternly. Assuming he did so, Hekapoo would continue before Rasticore had the opportunity to say much, if anything at all. "Tell me what the drugs are for, Rasticore. And what someone like you wants with them." Hekapoo commanded in a tone that was stern, yet calm.

Rasticore woke up with a splitting headache and the memory of what could broadly be known as 'a bad time'.

It then got worse, and though taken aback he snickered. With a Septarian leer that showed off his sharp teeth, he sneered.

"To get rich. I'm the boss of a new dynasty after all. Looks like you caught me well and good."

@Raptor Jesus

Rasticore woke up with a splitting headache and the memory of what could broadly be known as 'a bad time'.

It then got worse, and though taken aback he snickered. With a Septarian leer that showed off his sharp teeth, he sneered.

"To get rich. I'm the boss of a new dynasty after all. Looks like you caught me well and good."

@Raptor Jesus
Hekapoo wasn't buying it. Rasticore may have had the brawn, but he certainly didn't have the brains necessary for smuggling drugs in and out of Mewni without getting caught.

"Please, an idiot like you can't even take five steps over the magic border without getting vaporized, let alone smuggling large amounts of drugs into Mewni." Suddenly, a large ball of flame appeared in Hekapoo's hand. The sorcerer snarled and grabbed the lizard by the cloak, pulling him up to where he was mere inches away from her face, and by extension, her fireball.

"Lie to me again, and I'll personally see to it that Rhombulus crystalizes you right next Eclipsa."

@Blacksmith

Hekapoo wasn't buying it. Rasticore may have had the brawn, but he certainly didn't have the brains necessary for smuggling drugs in and out of Mewni without getting caught.

"Please, an idiot like you can't even take five steps over the magic border without getting vaporized, let alone smuggling large amounts of drugs into Mewni." Suddenly, a large ball of flame appeared in Hekapoo's hand. The sorcerer snarled and grabbed the lizard by the cloak, pulling him up to where he was mere inches away from her face, and by extension, her fireball.

"Lie to me again, and I'll personally see to it that Rhombulus crystalizes you right next Eclipsa."

@Blacksmith

Faced with imminent incineration, defeated and bereft of resources and men... Rasticore laughed.

It was a chilling, sinister noise as with his false eye gone he fixed his gaze firmly upon Heckapoo. There was something in his eye, a madness forged under pressure and twisted into fanaticism. Gloating even now, he chortled to the forger of the dimensional scissors to her face.

"Oh... You have no idea what's coming to Mewni. You and everyone else, who thought to drive us to the fringes."

@Raptor Jesus

Faced with imminent incineration, defeated and bereft of resources and men... Rasticore laughed.

It was a chilling, sinister noise as with his false eye gone he fixed his gaze firmly upon Heckapoo. There was something in his eye, a madness forged under pressure and twisted into fanaticism. Gloating even now, he chortled to the forger of the dimensional scissors to her face.

"Oh... You have no idea what's coming to Mewni. You and everyone else, who thought to drive us to the fringes."

@Raptor Jesus
Hekapoo froze in place at the laugh, almost caught completely off guard by it. However, what was even more concerning were his words. It didn't take an idiot to know he was referring to monster-kind, which could only mean one thing.

Only one monster could be capable of pulling this off. The monster who had deserted his army when a peace treaty was being signed. The monster who had killed the queen. The monster who was thought to be long gone or dead back when Moon had blasted off his finger.

hqdefault.jpg

Toffee.

Her surprise quickly turned to pure anger as the flame only grew in her hand, the sorceress feeling a mix if hatred and fear as she continued interrogating the lizard.

latest

"TELL ME WHERE TOFFEE IS AND WHAT HE'S PLANNING!!!!" She shouted, the flame on her hand threatening to engulf Rasticore's entire body as it grew closer and closer to his face.

@Blacksmith

"Scream! Squeal! Boss has made some new friends of late. Against them? You and your little club, the royal family? You're all going to die! And ain't nothing you can do about it!"

He burst into laughter and twitched as Lucifer, finished with his conclusion of the evidence took action. By putting back in the dagger, right in the place to keep him out. Letting out a huff, Lucifer considered before he spoke. His expression was pensive, his words carefully chosen.

"He's not entirely wrong. Sometimes, events happen despite your efforts. But at least you will know you did all you could, instead of dying on your sword."

@Raptor Jesus

Hekapoo was about ready to take care of Rasticore herself, but it appeared that Lucifer beat her to the punch and did the deed for her. As he spoke, Hekapoo only stared at the ground, her hands tightly balled up into her fists as they hung by her sides.

"No..." She muttered quietly, almost in a whisper before looking back up to Lucifer. "You don't understand. Toffee is.... he's pure evil. He doesn't just want power or money like most thugs. He wants a genocide of everyone that isn't a monster. Complete and total extinction." Hekapoo said, her voice quite shaky as she spoke.

@Blacksmith

He stared at her, his expression somber. A beat later, he sighed out and pulled up crates for them both. Taking his seat, he asked her as he looked her in the eye.

"Does knowing who your enemy is prevent you from doing what you will? From fighting back? I have known you for but a short time, Miss Heckapoo. From what I have gleamed, you do not seem the sort to give up, in the face of evil."

@Raptor Jesus

He stared at her, his expression somber. A beat later, he sighed out and pulled up crates for them both. Taking his seat, he asked her as he looked her in the eye.

"Does knowing who your enemy is prevent you from doing what you will? From fighting back? I have known you for but a short time, Miss Heckapoo. From what I have gleamed, you do not seem the sort to give up, in the face of evil."

@Raptor Jesus
Hekapoo only remained silent, tearing up a bit as she listened to Lucifer's words, having taken a seat on the crate next to him. Eventually though, she wiped the tears away and nodded.

"Yeah.... y-you're right. But... do you have any idea who Toffee's friends could be? He can't mean anyone from Mewni. The Septarians are already the most powerful of the monsters."

@Blacksmith

Lucifer pressed his fingers together in thought. He bowed his head, considered in silence just who or what could be behind it. The problem with that was the Rogues Gallery of two-bit warlords, eldritch beasts and others who might have designs on the wider world order.

The Revanchist? Weird name aside, they were involved near the end. But from what he gathered, they were against Malevolence. This was completely counter to their M.O. The Order, the Diablo worshipping cultists seemed more likely. But again, these methods were just not what he expected from them. Certainly, not this drug dealing involvement-they were by and large, traditionalist sorts.

That left one.

The last one that was more a shadow in the corner of your eye. A subversive, corporation-styled behemoth that fought within fortresses of paperwork, manned by an army of clerks and lawyers. Arms dealers, nightmares, fiends and more-service with a smile.

They had been silent for a while. With the resurgence of Sabbat's folks, it was clear they had not stood by idly. Aloud, he spoke.

"I may have an idea. If it's who I think it is, you have a chance. What their true title is, I don't know. But I-and others, know them by the moniker of 'Shareholders'. If your Toffee has made contact with them...Than your fight has only just begun."

@Raptor Jesus

Lucifer pressed his fingers together in thought. He bowed his head, considered in silence just who or what could be behind it. The problem with that was the Rogues Gallery of two-bit warlords, eldritch beasts and others who might have designs on the wider world order.

The Revanchist? Weird name aside, they were involved near the end. But from what he gathered, they were against Malevolence. This was completely counter to their M.O. The Order, the Diablo worshipping cultists seemed more likely. But again, these methods were just not what he expected from them. Certainly, not this drug dealing involvement-they were by and large, traditionalist sorts.

That left one.

The last one that was more a shadow in the corner of your eye. A subversive, corporation-styled behemoth that fought within fortresses of paperwork, manned by an army of clerks and lawyers. Arms dealers, nightmares, fiends and more-service with a smile.

They had been silent for a while. With the resurgence of Sabbat's folks, it was clear they had not stood by idly. Aloud, he spoke.

"I may have an idea. If it's who I think it is, you have a chance. What their true title is, I don't know. But I-and others, know them by the moniker of 'Shareholders'. If your Toffee has made contact with them...Than your fight has only just begun."

@Raptor Jesus
"Great..." Hekapoo muttered as she clasped her hands together and sighed. "So not only is Toffee amassed an army of who knows how many monsters, but he's also most likely working with a group of people that nobody knows anything about!" Hekapoo exclaimed as she lowered her head and began yo slowly rub her temples.

She eventually looked back up to Lucifer, however, and smiled. "Well... thanks for the help anyways, fleshwad. If it wasn't for you, I proooobably wouldn't have been able to find the source of the little portal problem I've been having."

@Blacksmith

"Great..." Hekapoo muttered as she clasped her hands together and sighed. "So not only is Toffee amassed an army of who knows how many monsters, but he's also most likely working with a group of people that nobody knows anything about!" Hekapoo exclaimed as she lowered her head and began yo slowly rub her temples.

She eventually looked back up to Lucifer, however, and smiled. "Well... thanks for the help anyways, fleshwad. If it wasn't for you, I proooobably wouldn't have been able to find the source of the little portal problem I've been having."

@Blacksmith

"I highly doubt that. You seem very tenacious to me." A ghost of a smile wafted over his features as he paused in thought before adding thoughtfully.

"If he is doing what I think, its highly possible you'll get help soon enough from unexpected sources. I shall take my men with me, to the outskirts of this conspiracy and cut away the lines of power to your...Toffee. Afterwards, if needed we shall reinforce your world." Looking at her, that strange not-quite smile twitched over his features again, bittersweet and sad in its appearance. His eyes were thoughtful and he seemed to be thinking before he stood at attention.

"...So, one last thing. If you wish to hire me and mine after this pro bono publico stunt, you need only call this number."

He passed over a card, revealing the following emblem and a comm-code beneath.

ZtlCxOI.jpg

"Its a bigger world out there than most think. And its always good to meet new friends."

His hand extended out for a shake.

@Raptor Jesus

"I highly doubt that. You seem very tenacious to me." A ghost of a smile wafted over his features as he paused in thought before adding thoughtfully.

"If he is doing what I think, its highly possible you'll get help soon enough from unexpected sources. I shall take my men with me, to the outskirts of this conspiracy and cut away the lines of power to your...Toffee. Afterwards, if needed we shall reinforce your world." Looking at her, that strange not-quite smile twitched over his features again, bittersweet and sad in its appearance. His eyes were thoughtful and he seemed to be thinking before he stood at attention.

"...So, one last thing. If you wish to hire me and mine after this pro bono publico stunt, you need only call this number."

He passed over a card, revealing the following emblem and a comm-code beneath.

ZtlCxOI.jpg

"Its a bigger world out there than most think. And its always good to meet new friends."

His hand extended out for a shake.

@Raptor Jesus
"I think I'll take you up on that offer if I ever need any further assistance." Hekapoo said, pocketing the card within the confines of her dress as she hopped off the crate. When Lucifer offered to shake her hand, the sorceress lifted a single gloved hand to return the shake.

With all said and done, Hekapoo pulled out a pair of dimensional scissors and opened an orange portal. Before she left, though, she turned back one more time. "See ya around, Luci." She chimed, flicking one last wave before entering the portal, said portal soon closing behind her as she returned to Mewni.

~FIN~​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back